Rules Simple Questions, Simple Answers / Little Cup Information / Forum Rules

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
so uh, why is glimmet in a- :tyke:
  • It lays all three hazards (stealth rock, spikes, toxic spikes) and has a frankly pretty broken ability
  • Has good stats around the board, quite fast and has the same special attack as Abra
  • Has a good typing, can absorb opposing toxic spikes and is hard to switch into without a Mudbray (Steel-types fear Mud Shot)
  • Tera allows it to reversal pokemon like Diglett that would otherwise demolish it
You should give Glimmet a shot, I think you'll find that it's extremely potent when used well.

• It lays all three hazards (stealth rock, spikes, toxic spikes) and has a frankly pretty broken ability
  • Has good stats around the board, quite fast and has the same special attack as Abra
  • Has a good typing, can absorb opposing toxic spikes and is hard to switch into without a Mudbray (Steel-types fear Mud Shot)
  • Tera allows it to reversal pokemon like Diglett that would otherwise demolish it
You should give Glimmet a shot, I think you'll find that it's extremely potent when used well.
glimmet king of hazards fr!!! would absolutely like to try the little guy in my starting teams~ ty for the quick and simple answer :totodiLUL:

Out of interest, how is it that trapping isn't banned in LC like in other tiers? Even gothita shadow tag isn't banned which I found surprising.

Out of interest, how is it that trapping isn't banned in LC like in other tiers? Even gothita shadow tag isn't banned which I found surprising.
It's not broken at the moment. It's frail as shit and needs a ton of support to work

Diglett is well... diglett

It's not broken at the moment. It's frail as shit and needs a ton of support to work

Diglett is well... diglett
I understand Diglett isn't exactly the most threatening mon out there but the ability on its own was so broken that he's banned from OU, is there any specific reason beyond that that trapping is balanced in LC in all generations?

I understand Diglett isn't exactly the most threatening mon out there but the ability on its own was so broken that he's banned from OU, is there any specific reason beyond that that trapping is balanced in LC in all generations?
Trapping is uncompetitive overall in higher power level tiers, but down here, diglett still sucks. Trapping isnt even that balanced, since Gothita was beaned from Gen 7/8 LC

Kipkluif

Liever Kips leverworst
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
LC metas are more fast-paced than level 100 tiers, which means that trapping is more of a tradeoff as the switchin is likely going to deal more damage. Also, as a result, teams are less likely to rely on their defensive backbone only, which means losing a component of a defensive core (to trapping) doesnt immediately translate to losing the game in the long run.

How impactful are EVs to LC? I wanted to do a couple teams for me and some friends but don’t want to invest all my vitamins into this.
As well, if I’m making teams for doubles, is there anything I should know while building that is specific to LC that isn’t in the other threads discussing how the format works or is it all good
Thanks in advance ^^

How impactful are EVs to LC? I wanted to do a couple teams for me and some friends but don’t want to invest all my vitamins into this.
As well, if I’m making teams for doubles, is there anything I should know while building that is specific to LC that isn’t in the other threads discussing how the format works or is it all good
Thanks in advance ^^
"LCing" - A Brief Guide to the Mechanics of Little Cup

The above thread should answer most of your questions.

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I read through it before and unless I’ve missed it, I’m looking for it absolutely nothing was EVd, is it going to ruin the experience (things being so weak it’s not fun) or as long as everything is all minimum EVs together, it equals out and is all good
if you don't EV your pokemon they will be at a massive disadvantage as they will be slower and weaker than all of your opponents pokemon

if you don't EV your pokemon they will be at a massive disadvantage as they will be slower and weaker than all of your opponents pokemon
Sorry I was sleepy and explained this poorly, like I want to make a few teams for me and friends to play against eachother with, so looking to have no Pokémon EVd whatsoever on their team or on my team so it’s even, but worried it makes the games too slow or not fun

Sorry I was sleepy and explained this poorly, like I want to make a few teams for me and friends to play against eachother with, so looking to have no Pokémon EVd whatsoever on their team or on my team so it’s even, but worried it makes the games too slow or not fun
Not using EVs would probably be another way to play, and would probably be balanced and not necessarily slower. However, I think EVs are good for diversity : it allows you to customize what you want a Pokemon to do, and also it makes the Pokemon more different from each other, allowing them to distinguish themselves from others in the roles they're good at. In that sense, I think the diversity that EVs add makes the game more interesting and fun.

Not using EVs would probably be another way to play, and would probably be balanced and not necessarily slower. However, I think EVs are good for diversity : it allows you to customize what you want a Pokemon to do, and also it makes the Pokemon more different from each other, allowing them to distinguish themselves from others in the roles they're good at. In that sense, I think the diversity that EVs add makes the game more interesting and fun.
Thank you! I def get where EVs are fun (vgc player here) but since I’m creating all the teams by myself, just don’t want to do all the EVing as long as it didn’t ruin the teams lol

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
is there any place to see all of the current bans? havent played in a few months and the landscape looks very different!

are qwilfish-hisui, stantler, and sneasel-hisui banned? They are first stage evos but i see them classified as NFE and nothing official was said about them

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
are qwilfish-hisui, stantler, and sneasel-hisui banned? They are first stage evos but i see them classified as NFE and nothing official was said about them
stantler cant evolve in this game (even if itd be banned if it could). the other two are banned yes

Where can I go for help with a team I am making? I checked the discord but nowhere seemed obvious. I have replays and can get anything else needed for help with it.

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Where can I go for help with a team I am making? I checked the discord but nowhere seemed obvious. I have replays and can get anything else needed for help with it.
The main Smogon Discord has a channel for lc team rates, thats the best place imo

Does anyone have a link to the discussion about the Tinkatink + Knock Off complex ban? I'm in a Little Cup draft league at the moment and someone drafted it without realising because it's not in the rules, banlist or viability rankings threads

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
Does anyone have a link to the discussion about the Tinkatink + Knock Off complex ban? I'm in a Little Cup draft league at the moment and someone drafted it without realising because it's not in the rules, banlist or viability rankings threads
its just banned bc we dont know how to edit it out atm, but the truth is tinkatink doesnt get knock off at level 5 and we didnt know until this guy pointed it out (s/os to him)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)