Rules Simple Questions, Simple Answers / Little Cup Information / Forum Rules

Hello ppl, I know this is gonna sound stupid, cause of course there will never be a world where Duraludon is allowed in LC, but due to the new reveal of Archaludon, would it be "elligible" to be LC? By that I mean, does it now fulfill all the criteria required to be LC?

Hello ppl, I know this is gonna sound stupid, cause of course there will never be a world where Duraludon is allowed in LC, but due to the new reveal of Archaludon, would it be "elligible" to be LC? By that I mean, does it now fulfill all the criteria required to be LC?
-Obtainable at level 5? check.
-First stage evolution? check.
Yes, once the DLC is released and Archaludon is obtainable in SV, Duraludon will become legal in LC. Of course, it is getting pre-emptively banned like basculin and stantler, but if the LC council went MIA for several months, it could happen.

I want to build Random Little Cup for Smogon to grow interest in the meta game. Anybody know who I should talk to about doing this?

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
why are sand veil and snow cloak legal, i fail to understand what they add to the metagame

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
they add nothing but people hate the idea of auto banning them unless they actually get used

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
they were used against me by a 1100 and I missed 2 100% accurate moves in a row and wouldve lost the game if I missed a 3rd one

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
they were used against me by a 1100 and I missed 2 100% accurate moves in a row and wouldve lost the game if I missed a 3rd one
glad to hear that you didn’t get lucked out of the game!

like Eric said above, nobody has really been abusing these abilities here in LC. it’s really likely that if they got popular and proved to be too powerful or annoying, they would get the boot.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
How would one build around Pawniard these days?
It'd generally be a Spikestack team or an offense with Swords Dance Tera Fairy/Flying Pawniard, as it lacks the natural breaking and utility option in Knock Off that previously made it top tier as a support pokemon.

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Is Trick Room a viable playstyle (or was it ever in the past)?
it hasnt really been a viable pick in any generation of lc ever afaik. while some theoretical viable trick room pokemon like craniados, etc may be pretty good with it, its just a hard playstyle to make work. mienfoo fake out stalls trick room turns, and clicking trick room does have an oppurtunity cost alongside most trick room pokemon just not be going considered good

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
it hasnt really been a viable pick in any generation of lc ever afaik. while some theoretical viable trick room pokemon like craniados, etc may be pretty good with it, its just a hard playstyle to make work. mienfoo fake out stalls trick room turns, and clicking trick room does have an oppurtunity cost alongside most trick room pokemon just not be going considered good
I want to elaborate on this by saying that historically there's only ever been 1 actually good Trick Room mon, being Otr Spritzee in gen 7 that could Nasty Plot + Trick Room to sweep lategame. There was also at some point a viable Trick Room team for gen 7 lc, but it is long gone as it relied on currently banned pokemon like Trapinch. Otr Spritzee is, however, still relevant, and was used in the last LCPL by Fragments .

Hey yall!

How come there is not a Little Cup VGC format in Smogon or Showdown?

- Lovac
It's most likely because Little Cup is already a fan-made concept (kinda, it was in Pokemon Stadium, which is where the idea originates, but it is only in the stadium games, nothing mainline even references it I believe) so creating a subset genre of a subset genre is a bit.... difficult to try to get people into.
It could be an interesting idea, but it's probably not going to happen, though if you start campaining for it, all the power to you.

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
to be fair there already is doubles lc, its just not 4 vs 4 but 6 vs 6. that is the most liked format of the 2, and even then its pretty unpopular in the grand scheme of things.
also how would vgc lc work, is it lv 5 or lv 50? when tpci made lc tournaments, they were at lv 50 bc vgc is at 50, but lc is not lc if it isnt at lv 5 so

to be fair there already is doubles lc, its just not 4 vs 4 but 6 vs 6. that is the most liked format of the 2, and even then its pretty unpopular in the grand scheme of things.
also how would vgc lc work, is it lv 5 or lv 50? when tpci made lc tournaments, they were at lv 50 bc vgc is at 50, but lc is not lc if it isnt at lv 5 so
Little Cup mons (lv 5) with VGC rules.

Has a 4v4 little cup ever been done in its own format before with lv 5 mons?

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor

Kipkluif

Liever Kips leverworst
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Nasty Plot might seem like a good option on gastly, as it often will force the opponent out. However, by just clicking a damaging move or will-o-wisp, gastly often is able to break down it's checks just fine without need of setup. This means you actually make progress more often if you don't click nasty plot. This is important, as gastly is often checked offensively with faster mons, which means that it might just get forced out even after setting up. There is of course some upside to the increased power, but it is often not worth the trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)