Silvally-Grass @ Grass Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Flame Charge

With Doublade dropping in and Grass-resistant foes everywhere, you would expect Silvally-Grass to see no usage. But that couldn't be farther from the truth! Hyper offense builds use Silvally-Grass to force out Quagsire and Rock-types like Gigalith in one teamslot. Rock Slide is to hit Charizard, which could otherwise easily wall it. Flame Charge boosts its Speed, ensuring that checks such as Archeops and Cinccino cannot revenge kill it. Silvally-Grass is a flexible wincon on hyper offense, utilizing its well-balanced stats and powerful Multi-Attack to break through defensive cores or clean weakened teams. Physical walls that are not weak to Grass such as Garbodor and Tangela give Silvally-Grass trouble, so partners such as Meteor Beam Archeops and Aurous are helpful for it to sweep efficiently; in return, Silvally-Grass can take advantage of common special walls like Gigalith and Audino for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:ss/silvally-grass:

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Flame Charge

With Doublade dropping and Grass-type resists everywhere, you would expect Silvally-Grass to see no usage. But that couldn't be farther from the truth! Silvally-Grass finds its place on hyper offense builds as a way for them to threaten out Quagsire and Rock-types like Gigalith in one slot. Rock Slide is to hit Charizard, who could otherwise easily wall it. Flame Charge boosts its Speed and ensures that offensive counterplay such as Archeops and Cinccino cannot revenge kill it. Hyper offense leads such as Kabutops and Frosslass can set entry hazards for Silvally-Grass, weakening its switch-ins such as Weezing and Tangela; in return, it can use spinners like Eldegoss and Sandslash as setup fodder. Bulky physical walls that are not weak to Grass such as Garbodor and Tangela give Silvally-Grass trouble, so partners such as Meteor Beam Archeops and Aurous are helpful in order for Silvally-Grass to sweep efficently; in return, Silvally-Grass can take advantage of common special walls like Gigalith and Audino for them.
I think this is fine albeit very basic. Nothing to complain about. But I don't know much about grassvally now either. I think the HO lead sentence could be dropped for something more interesting about how it actually functions or struggles on HO? (Which I don't really know, I've never touched this, I could just see this exact same analysis for like 10 other mons)

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I think this is fine albeit very basic. Nothing to complain about. But I don't know much about grassvally now either. I think the HO lead sentence could be dropped for something more interesting about how it actually functions or struggles on HO? (Which I don't really know, I've never touched this, I could just see this exact same analysis for like 10 other mons)
Implemented, I guess?

GP Team

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add Remove Comment
:ss/silvally-grass:

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Flame Charge

With Doublade dropping in and Grass-type resists Grass-resistant foes everywhere, you would expect Silvally-Grass to see no usage. But that couldn't be farther from the truth! Silvally-Grass finds its place on hyper offense builds as a way for them to threaten Hyper offense builds use Silvally-Grass to force out Quagsire and Rock-types like Gigalith in one teamslot. Rock Slide is to hit Charizard, who which could otherwise easily wall it. Flame Charge boosts its Speed and ensures Speed, ensuring that offensive counterplay checks such as Archeops and Cinccino cannot revenge kill it. Silvally-Grass is commonly used as a flexible win condition a flexible wincon on hyper offense, utilizing its well-balanced (added hyphen) stats and powerful STABs Multi-Attack to break through defensive cores or clean weakened teams. Bulky Physical walls that are not weak to Grass such as Garbodor and Tangela give Silvally-Grass trouble, so partners such as Meteor Beam Archeops and Aurous are helpful in order for Silvally-Grass for it to sweep efficently; efficiently; in return, Silvally-Grass can take advantage of common special walls like Gigalith and Audino for them.

Adeleine.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)