Rejected Show how many people are searching for (Format Name) under battle

HI I hope this finds you all well. My idea is that under battle lets say its gen 9 random battle it says for example there is the battle button and under it it says something like howmany players are searching for a battle in this format thanks for taking your time to improve Pokemon showdown and smogon and the Pokemon community have a nice day and good night

like 3000 players sechaing for gen 9 random battle or for stuff not that fast like anything goes gen 9 or 8 it says 50 people seaciing and you can choose what format to play based on the timed playerbase

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I don't really see a gain from this. It gives you information, sure, but I don't understand how that helps anyone (you can already tell if a ladder is busy by queuing for a little bit).
If anything, it seems like it'll just make people more impatient most of the time.

I see your point i mostly thought of this cas of me playing some tiers where it takes me like 20 min to get a mach so i would like to know if lets say it has 100 playing i wont get that many diff players and options so i would switch to a diff tier that was my thinking anyway but your the programmer thanks for even considering it have a good night

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
Won't that actually make people play underplayed formats even less? I don't see too much gain, each one has their own patience limits and can pick another ladder if the one they want to play seems too low on players. Showing how "low" is the number of people on a ladder would only destroy its activity and ruin chances for its fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)