Should we have this suspect tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Pokemon Showdown, I was involved in a battle that had Carbink with Sturdy, Audino with Skill Swap and Entrainment, and Shedinja. Audino used Skill Swap on Carbink, giving it Sturdy. Carbink switched out with Shedinja, and Audino then used Entrainment on it, giving Shedinja Sturdy.

My problem with this is that Shedinja has only 1 base HP - it cannot be increased AT ALL with EVs - and that Sturdy activates if the Pokemon is at full HP and takes a hit that would otherwise KO it. Considering all this, Shedinja with Sturdy can NEVER be KO'd unless you have a Pokemon on your team with any ability-changing or replacing moves, which I don't think all players do. This scenario clearly puts Shedinja at an unfair advantage in battle.

So let me ask you all: should we suspect test this combination of Pokemon, moves, and abilities? Or is it too infrequent/specific for us to do so?

Inb4 gets locked

Nah it shouldnt.

To put it as shortly as possible it takes 3 turns to set up and its seeable from a mile away cause its a known bad gimmick

2nd, taunt, leech seed, sandstorm, toxic and burn still beats it

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
What LordHelix just said sums it up pretty well, with other methods like Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, and Teravolt/Mold Breaker users also stopping this strategy in its tracks. It's something that's worthwhile to ensure you're not going to lose against on matchup, but otherwise it's not threatening enough or game-breaking enough to warrant testing/banning.

Also, in the future please ask these questions either in the np thread (here) or the Simple Questions/Simple Answers thread (here), as opposed to in their own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)