6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
There once was a town, no more
With interesting sights and lore
When the mafia arrived,
Only one survived...
Here, Clarinet will give you a tour

MAFIA WIN.

Energy and Nuxl were both VT's. Clarinet was the 2-Shot Role Cop.

Dear Eli,

Words cannot express the humility that I have succumbed to as a result of this game. I hope that I will earn your forgiveness, but as of this moment, I have not even earned my own. I played horribly, and worse than that, thought far too high of my skills in mafia. I apologize to you for townreading clarinet, and I hope to amend the physical, emotional, spiritual, psychological, biological, and possible financial harm that I have caused you.

I asked for your faith, and you provided faith and spread it as gospel. But I was undeserving of your faith. I must chastise myself for failing as a friend who asked you for confidence, and lead you astray. I am no position to ask for anything in the future: how can a student attempt to correct his elder?

I was wrong in my read of Clarinets alignment for no reason other than a deficiency of skill, and I was wrong in asking for you to share my belief due to a misjudgment of my own capabilities. There is no excuse for making a hard town read on day 1 and having that read flip scum, especially when an esteemed player such as yourself disagreed on it. There is nothing more you could have done to secure a victory this game when you have been burdened with teammates such as myself.

Your strengths are your cautiousness and your intelligence, while my strength is merely bluster. Your weaknesses is your willingness to believe the best in your friends, while mine is my willingness to jeopardize your success to feed my ego. You are a better mafia player than me. I don’t know when this became true, but it is true now. How did you read Texas and Duskfall correctly, and exercise the proper cautiousness on Clarinet? I don’t know. Your skill is beyond both what I am able to achieve in practice, and beyond my comprehension.

I hope that this will not affect our friendship. I know you must feel betrayed by how I have mistreated your trust. I must never again allow myself to use your trust in this way: for a blustering fool such as myself, I should not be allowed to handle such a precious thing. I am honored to be your friend and hope to learn from example just a little of the lessons you have to teach in this game.

For my transgressions this game, I will not be a player in the next NOC mafia game in order to undertake a period of meditation and self reflection. Additionally, I will not rejoin a mafia game with you until I am sure that I will not let you down again. I express the deepest and sincerest contrition for my errors in this game, I take sole responsibility for town loss in this game and agree that there is nothing you could have done to win, and I take sole responsibility for making reparations.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
ggs, super good work Clarinet

i played bad this game, good job hawkie for being correct D1, apologies for spinning that away.

will try to be a less personal player next time and apologies for my behavior!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)