Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
K, so I am going to deviate a bit from the expected for my second post and ask a question:

Anybody ever noticed how in ORAS, certain Shinies used by other players have a red contest spectacular ribbon symbol along with their usual sparkles? Does anyone know why this happens and how I can give it to my Shinies, and if it can occur in later Gens?

K, so I am going to deviate a bit from the expected for my second post and ask a question:

Anybody ever noticed how in ORAS, certain Shinies used by other players have a red contest spectacular ribbon symbol along with their usual sparkles? Does anyone know why this happens and how I can give it to my Shinies, and if it can occur in later Gens?
It happens to any pokemon that has won all 5 top-rank contests. It isn't in later gens.

Can't believe I never posted here when it happened because boy was I ecstatic

Articuno is, obviously, one of my favorite Pokemon. A very pretty bird and I've always had an equally soft spot for its shiny because its a nice light blue that fits it well. But never enough to shiny hunt for one or arrange a trade. So flashforward to Crown Tundra and running into Articuno, knowing about the increased shiny odds and going "it'd be fun if it was shiny" and then....

I kept it with me the whole time I was doing the Tundra. iirc this was the second run I ever did (maybe the third? Its been like 3 months now so....) so getting it so early in addition to just...getting it at all, really, was really exciting.

I also got a shiny tapu lele, which is also cool, but it's no articuno.

So yesterday I was playing Pokemon theta emerald renev and was just casually doing trainer battles when I ran into a shiny, now first off I was so lucky that there was a shiny but so unlucky that the shiny was the OTHER trainers Pokemon and on top of that the shiny Pokemon I found was my least favourite Pokemon, Ledyba, I hated it so much because a while back I was playing pixelmon(Pokemon in Minecraft) and there was a crafting recipe that needed slimeballs and Ledyba dropped slimeballs but the sad thing was that the AI was so broken at the time that just trying to engage it in a battle was so frustrating and I spent a whole 11 Minecraft days trying to farm the stupid ledyba. Well that is my shiny experience, hmm pretty mad after I saw this.
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 3.50.04 pm.png

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This is partly about Shiny Pokemon I haven't found, but why not?

With as much time as I've spent on Routes 1 and 2 of Pokemon Black, I'm kind of surprised I haven't found any Shiny Patrat, Lillilpup, or Purrloin during my current playthrough. I did find a Shiny Patrat on my first playthrough though. I'd heard that you aren't forced to catch Reshiram if your boxes are filled and you'd be able to catch it at Dragon Spiral Tower so I caught every Pokemon I found and still had to go on a catching spree a for a few days. It was a mix of the dark grass in Route 3 hoping for a Shiny Blitzle (only found the Patrat) and running around on Driftveil Drawbridge for feathers to sell so I could buy enough Pokeballs. (A few days later I started soft resetting for Reshiram and I never used it... Time well spent! :P)

To keep Shiny Pokemon more special I've been purposefully not updating Max Raid events when there's guarantee or way more common Shinnies. That said, I'd gladly take any Shiny I find no matter how common. Speaking of Max raids, I wonder if I'll get a 31/0/31/X/31/0 IV Ditto or a Shiny Ditto from Max Raids first. I think the odds for the IVs are more likely but it might be neither because I'm not trying that much.

So yesterday I was playing Pokemon theta emerald renev and was just casually doing trainer battles when I ran into a shiny, now first off I was so lucky that there was a shiny but so unlucky that the shiny was the OTHER trainers Pokemon and on top of that the shiny Pokemon I found was my least favourite Pokemon, Ledyba, I hated it so much because a while back I was playing pixelmon(Pokemon in Minecraft) and there was a crafting recipe that needed slimeballs and Ledyba dropped slimeballs but the sad thing was that the AI was so broken at the time that just trying to engage it in a battle was so frustrating and I spent a whole 11 Minecraft days trying to farm the stupid ledyba. Well that is my shiny experience, hmm pretty mad after I saw this.
I'm not sure if I should say congrats or ouch. My sister knows someone that after playing Pokemon for years was so mad that their first Shiny Pokemon was a Zubat that they killed it on purpose. If that was a wild Ledyba, would you have killed it?

Side note, I don't play fan games (other than that time I played Blue Kaizo) because I'm paranoid about finding Shinies and I'd hate to find one I couldn't transfer to my main official game. It'd be kind of cool if there are fan games that have an option to diasble Shiny Pokemon appearing to avoid that feeling.

I love shiny Pokémon so much, so I have a lot to say about my experiences with them - but honestly, the craziest one is probably my first ever shiny. I shit you not, my first ever shiny was a blue Ditto in Pokémon Silver. I'm not sure I even understood the significance of that at the time - I certainly didn't know about breeding odds - but I remember being extremely excited to find this strange thing and have been addicted to collecting them ever since. (Sadly, no more shiny Dittos though!)

Check the below list for all my Shinies ⬇⬇⬇⬇✨✨
Shiny projects I've completed:
Croakmore (Shiny Toxicroak)
Puffsalot (Shiny Wigglytuff)
Freefall (Shiny Butterfree)
Watame (Shiny Slurpuff)
Neo (Shiny Zoroark)
Anubis (Shiny Riolu)
Lykos (Shiny Riolu)
Pancake (Shiny Raichu)
Caramel (Shiny Nihilego)
Zan (Shiny Bisharp)
Overdrive (Shiny Vikavolt
Frostbeak (Shiny Toucannon)
Ingot (Shiny Metagross)
Eclipse (Shiny Marowak)
Transonic (Shiny Flygon)
Patriot (Shiny Braviary)
Blueberry (Shiny Psyduck)
Black Widow (Shiny Dewpider)
Cincinno (Shiny Cincinno)
Celestial (Shiny Sceptile)
Sabre (Shiny Treecko).

Last edited:
I've never been a big shiny hunter, so I rarely ever find any. However yesterday I got extremely lucky while grinding in my Radical Red nuzlocke. I found 2 shinies, a shiny Emolga and Duosion. I was able to catch the Emolga, but I wasn't so lucky with the Duosion, as I accidentally KOed it. Before this, I only encountered around 3 wild shinies.

Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_5.44.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_6.52.38_PM.png

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Today I was in the midst of doing a runthrough of White 2 and I am around six badges in. I went into the Relic Passage to catch the Level 35 Volcarona that was there.

I had no intention of shiny hunting for anything, but I was soft resetting so I'd have an okay nature for Volcarona, and lo and behold, before my eyes by pure chance on one of my attempts I saw a Shiny Volcarona! I was so surprised that I simply jumped at the chance to catch it: that's a one-in-a-million encounter but I caught it purely by chance. And now I have a shiny Volcarona that I got simply through luck.

Another one is some months ago I was doing a Crown Tundra runthrough, and I by pure chance managed to see a Shiny Virizion, and during the Dynamax Adventures I caught a Shiny Uxie.

All of those I got simply by luck and I did not attempt to Shiny Hunt by any means.

I had no intention of shiny hunting for anything, but I was soft resetting so I'd have an okay nature for Volcarona, and lo and behold, before my eyes by pure chance on one of my attempts I saw a Shiny Volcarona! I was so surprised that I simply jumped at the chance to catch it: that's a one-in-a-million encounter but I caught it purely by chance. And now I have a shiny Volcarona that I got simply through luck.
What was the nature?

Not the most exciting shiny story but XY was the only game I ever tried breeding in (not for shinies, only IVs and Natures) and I went through god-knows how many Solosis eggs before getting a good one. I kept the other Solosises (Solosi?) I hatched to wonder trade them away, like one does with breeding rejects, and as I went to trade one of them I noticed it was Blue instead of Green. Turns out I had hatched a Shiny Solosis and didn't realize until months later, when I almost traded it away. Close call on that one haha.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I didn’t think I’d be coming back here at least for a little while longer, but here we are now. It’s good to see you all again. If any of you know me well, you’d know that I’m the guy who has a thing for Shiny Poison-Types for... seemingly no reason. Anyway, I came back here because something really sweet happened late last night while I was hanging out with the guys in this here dorm room hall. (Finals week hype) There were seven or eight other people in this room we were watching movies in on the TV, and I had Pokémon Go open on the side. Long story short, this happened.

16B8F9A3-6B61-4F6B-B3A5-F42079827F82.png

That was a Shiny 3-star Seviper out of nowhere. And there was a weather boost active. You deserve a veteran’s discount if you understand her nickname. That wasn’t all, however. Just three weeks earlier (feels like much less, April be flying by though), I also got myself a Shiny Nidoran I almost mistook for a regular colored female one.

1E99EA99-6E4E-4CC0-A538-80263835AB4A.png

So yeah, that’s been my spring season so far. By the way, his new name is Mr. Blue. I wanted to evolve it before I named him.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
I've had three random shiny encounters so far.

1) A shiny Mareep that I found in White 2 when I was younger. I was trying to find a Riolu, but wasn't having any luck. Kinda funny how I found an actual shiny before I got that Riolu lol. Don't think I have it anymore, which is unfortunate, but I'm not a fan of shiny Ampharos so I don't mind all too much

2) While playing through Ultra Moon I got bored just before the Necrozma fight and decided to go back and completely remake my team. It was gonna be a full pseudo-legendary team, because I hadn't used any of them before and I wanted to see how strong they really were. I think it's fairly common knowledge that you can get Salamance in route 3 through a 1% SOS call on the 1% Bagon encounter. It's pretty rare, and it took me ages just to find a Bagon.

So I was sitting there, not really paying attention to what was going on on screen (just had the sound on so I could hear the encounter I got). At some point I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if I found a shiny Salamance? I mean it's unlikely but that would be cool." Two encounters later and I hear a Spearow cry, and then the sound of the shiny sparkles. Caught it in a Quick Ball and named it ! because I blanked on a name

Never ended up finding a Salamance and I just restarted my UM game, so no more shiny Spearow. But again, not a huge fan of shiny Fearow, so it's no biggie.

3) So I'm playing through Alpha Sapphire. For some reason I end up looking through my PokeDex, no idea why, and I have a little scroll through to see what I have. Went through in order, but stopped at Wingull. For some reason it had registered that I'd encountered a shiny Wingull.

I'm guessing I must have accidentally killed it during a grinding session, or ran away from it while surfing without realising. So that was a fun realisation ig

HOLY CRAP DOUBLE SHINY!

A couple days ago I obtained 42 Eggs for a Dive Ball Treecko Masuda, after already having obtained a good amount. Yesterday I hatched 18 of them and found a red-tailed little boi and named him Celestial, gifted him a Sceptilite, and killed a bunch of Pokemon to give him EVs and Exp. Today I hatched another 18 from that batch of 42 and FOUND ANOTHER ONE! Dubbed Saber, he is now chillin out in the Box ready for some training in Poke Pelago, after which point I'll transfer him to Pokemon Sword for use in my first playthrough. I'm astounded!

Next I might do Rowlet or Axew, or maybe try to do Charmander in Luxury Ball or Bulbasaur in Premier Ball...:smogthink:

Last edited:

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
So, uh... didn't I just make a post about finding these kinds of things in Pokémon Go? Yeah, uh... we may have a bit of a problem here. Just let me explain.

About 25 minutes ago, I was walking on my way to my history final exam on our college campus, and to my surprise, no one was in the room at all. Was I to assume we just weren't having an exam? I had to reason to think otherwise. I mean, if we aren't having one, hey. That works too. But yeah, that exam is not why I'm here. It's what just happened after I left that spawned outside the building.

1619191886843.png

Need I say more? Also, yes, I know more than 25 minutes have passed but hey technology can be weird sometimes with files. She's a 0-Star Shiny, but, like... I don't care. This sequence of events has been absolutely incredible.

(Unrelated Edit: Good news, I just got word that I did not miss that exam I was talking about since an earlier project counted for it. They just e-mailed me back. They as in the professor. On that note, have a good summer, everyone!)

Last edited:
Last week, I managed to obtain one my dream shinies, which was done on my second copy of Platinum. I really wanted to post about it here on the forums somewhere, but I was unsure about if I should do it. I thought it over for several days, and eventually decided to just do it. I thought about making this post in the likes thread at first, but I guess this thread is more suitable. I really wanted to post something from my current project somewhere here on the forums, thought I feel that there are no good places for it. But here is at least one thing from it.

First of all, here are some pictures:

Of course, it can take to the sky as well!

I will admit that the way I obtained the Wondercard for Oak's Letter is not completely legitimate. But everything else about this is just a regular RNG. The date is not correct either (that's just how it is when you RNG), the day I actually caught it on was last Friday, the 23rd. I just took the day that was the closest to the actual date from the ones that were possible. The IVs are 31/12/31/31/31/31 if anyone is wondering. I hit my correct delay/seed on the second try, and it took 7 Dive Balls to catch this cute little embodiment of gratitude (thankfully, Shaymin has a catch rate of 45, which makes it easy to catch). I had at least one shiny Shaymin since earlier, but now I have one with my own OT/ID! In the past, I always wanted one with my own OT/ID, but I was unable to get it... until now. Shaymin is one of my top three favorite mythicals, and the only one of the three which can actually be legitimately obtained as shiny. I am really happy about it! It will not be the last shiny I RNG on this game, but it was definitely the one I wanted the most.

First Shiny: Crustle in Ultra Wormholes in Ultra Moon. Named it Shiny :. I have no clue why.

First Shiny Hunt: Gossifleur in Sword. This one was really long. At 80 encounters I got a Rookidee. Then a dry streak for over 6000. At 6083 I got a MARKED shiny Stunky (Pumped-Up aka The Driven). Then EIGHT later at 6091 I got the shiny Gossifleur.
I never want another hunt like that.

Shortest Hunt: Frosmoth in Crown Tundra. It was that one area where only Frosmoth, Snom, Druddigon, Audino, and the Swablu line spawns. It took only 395 encounters.

Other Funny Thing: I had this random shiny Jigglypuff from the IoA, it has my OT and ID, but I have NO recollection of catching that. I evolved it into Wigglytuff.

I've been doing this thing called the Great Galar Shiny Race, something a creator I watch came up with, where you go across every Route and hunt for a random shiny. I also decided to do the two Mines, Slumbering Weald, 1 in IoA, and 2 in CT. I am on Rt. 2, and after getting two underodds shinies, G-Weezing and Wooloo, I am at nearly 2500 with no sparkles.

My older brother, who never shiny hunts, actually got TWO shinies in Gen 7. A random Zubat in Moon (maybe US), and a Magcargo in an Ultra Wormhole.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Other Funny Thing: I had this random shiny Jigglypuff from the IoA, it has my OT and ID, but I have NO recollection of catching that. I evolved it into Wigglytuff.
I’ve always been fascinated by weird, unexplained things like this. In fact, I even had one of my own. Having a Pokémon you don’t remember catching is one thing... but what about a photo in your phone’s camera roll that was sent to you at 4 in the morning one night that no one actually sent you?

This Shiny Oshawott picture provided below was saved to my gallery on July 26th, 2020 at 4:10 AM according to my phone. If you look closely, you can see the pixels of the 3DS screen, confirming this as a raw photo and not something I accidentally screenshotted rolling around in my sleep. The only game I could have hunted this in was in Pokémon Sun, but I know for a fact that never happened, and especially not at 4 AM. What’s more, none of my friends on any platform can find an explanation for this picture.

I guess the question remains... what do you guys think? I can’t quite wrap my head around it, but this picture is genuinely scary to me for some reason.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)