National Dex Shibuya Incident - A NDGG RMT (500th Post)

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
1703507495811.png

:sv/corviknight::sv/samurott-hisui::sv/yveltal::sv/iron-valiant::sv/gliscor::sv/baxcalibur:
Introduction:
After my previous RMT of my 100th post, with my recent contributions to various things such as NDOMs, Pet Mods, Analysis and Spotlight writing, and, VERY recently, BBP, i have finally hit a milestone of 500 posts, so I'm doing an NDGG RMT featuring the very first Pokemon i wrote an analysis for: Yveltal.

Building Process:
:unown::unown::yveltal::unown::unown::unown:
I obviously mentioned before that i wanted to create a team around Yveltal, and it is easier to build around a god rather than a receiver in GG formats, so that was my starting base

:gliscor::unown::yveltal::unown::unown::unown:
I then wanted a mon with role compresion and few weaknesses. What better mon to put on a receiver than Gliscor? It does the two things mentioned earlier, while also giving a treasured immunity to status and Knock Off

:gliscor::lopunny-mega::yveltal::unown::unown::unown:
(I didn't know how mega stat donations worked) I chose Mega Lopunny because of its good typing and ability, and it was also fast and hit hard with its high attack.

:gliscor::lopunny-mega::yveltal::iron-valiant::unown::unown:
I then wanted a special attacker with instead of hard hitting STAB moves, i wanted that, but also a Pokemon with wide coverage, so i opted for Iron Valiant since it even had good STAB options.

:corviknight::lopunny-mega::yveltal::iron-valiant::gliscor::unown:
Looking at my team, i needed more defensive pokemon that didn't overlap in roles and type weakness, so i opted for Coviknight, but decided to give it the HP slot and Gliscor the Sp.Def slot. Why? Because Corviknight doesn't gain much from a Yveltal Sp.Def donation.

:corviknight::lopunny-mega::yveltal::iron-valiant::gliscor::baxcalibur:
For the last slot, I wanted a Pokemon that could utilize a set-up move, because I didn't have any Pokemon that used one. So I ran Baxcalibur, who appreciated the small speed buff along with Dragon Dance, and it was just a powerful Pokemon in general, so I chose it for my last mon

:corviknight::samurott-hisui::yveltal::iron-valiant::gliscor::baxcalibur:
Well, this was when i realised that the god's stat overrides the mega's stat, so I (the ndgg ndoms channel) chose Hisuian Samurott because of its priority, Sharpness boosted STAB, ability to set entry hazards, anti-set up with Encore, and also because I chose it for the NDOMs teambuilding comp (which i didn't win)

Team Members
:sv/corviknight::leftovers:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost​
Corviknight is the HP slot, inheriting a whopping 126 HP. This is my slow pivot and Defogger, clearing Stealth Rock and Spikes for my Pokemon, since none of them run Heavy-Duty-Boots. I gave it Defense investment because of how it doesn't really need a lot of Sp.Def investment, since it's not doing it any favours.

:sv/samurott-hisui::black-glasses:
Samurott-Hisui @ Black Glasses
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Razor Shell
- Ceaseless Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Encore​
This now hits SUUUPER hard with Sharpness-boosted Razor Shell and Ceaseless Edge coming off of 131 Attack. I even gave it Sucker Punch for speed control an Encore for anti-set up. This threatens common Pokemon such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Mega Mewtwo Y, and Calyrex-Ice. Even Pokemon like Groudon, which can half the damage of Razor Shell, can be threatened by Encore OR Sharpness-boosted Razor Shell despite the damage nerf.

:sv/yveltal::life-orb:
Sukuna (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost
- Heat Wave​
Its the King Of Curses himself, the embodiement of death and destruction, Yveltal! (Sukuna). This is the entire inspiriation of this team, and I put it in Defense because that was its lowest stat. I didn't run Sucker Punch since Hisuian Samurott already had it, so it enabled me to run a normal special attacker and making sure i don't overlap with Iron Valiant in terms of roles. Again, like Hisuian Samurott, it hits many metagame threats such as NDM, MMY, and Caly-Ice, but now it can hit things like Zacian-C and Skarmory for super-effective damage.

:sv/iron-valiant::booster-energy:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock​
Iron Valiant now gains a minor buff on its Sp.Atk with a brand new stat of 131, which now makes its offenses almost on par with each other. I ran 4a + booster since the team could use an all-out attacker and and instant speed demon sooo yea. It also hits Pokemon like Primal Kyogre, Dragapult, and Alomomola for super-effective damage.

:sv/gliscor::toxic-orb:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost​
Gliscor now gains a pretty decent buff on its Sp.Def, and doesn't need to run Defog tahnks to Corv. So instead I have it run Knock Off for item removal. This EV spread was just copypasted from the SmogDex so in all honesty, I genuinely don't know what it does, but it probably provides maximum Posion Heal recovery and outspeed most Gliscors, while also giving it some decent bulk

:sv/baxcalibur::loaded-dice:
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance​
Baxcalibur is the last mon on my team and is used to be my set-up sweeper and to be difficult to revenge kill. The EVs spread is pretty standard, but and Adamant nature is run for maximum damage output and besides, you already gain Speed boosts from Dragon Dance.

Threatlist:
:chien-pao: Soooo this matchup is very shoddy and the best way to deal with this is Iron Valiant OHKOing it and that is all my counter play. (Its busted plz ban)
:dragapult: If this has Flamethrower, this is also almost a shoddy match-up but it can be managed with the right switch-ins
:alakazam-mega: Why, oh WHY is this allowed. Anyway majority of the time this can also sweep, but Hisuian Samurott can get around it with the right counterplay

Importable: :corviknight::samurott-hisui::yveltal::iron-valiant::gliscor::baxcalibur:

Last edited:
I don't even know what NDGG stands for lol, but would a Spirit Break Iron Valiant work? I ask because Spirit Break would soften special attacks against you, you have 2 mons that are plainly more physically bulky, and 3 that are slightly more, though those 3 aren't so much for bulk anyhow. It seems ok. And what is Psyshock for? Iron Valiant has a slightly absurd movepool, I might play around w/ that.

I don't even know what NDGG stands for lol, but would a Spirit Break Iron Valiant work? I ask because Spirit Break would soften special attacks against you, you have 2 mons that are plainly more physically bulky, and 3 that are slightly more, though those 3 aren't so much for bulk anyhow. It seems ok. And what is Psyshock for? Iron Valiant has a slightly absurd movepool, I might play around w/ that.
Psyshock lets you break down special walls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)