ORAS Doubles OU Shedinja Entrainment Team

Shedinja: Love or hate?

• Total voters

Introduction

The idea is to get Shedinja Entrainment and then give it to electric mono types with Magnetic Rise to basically nullify all attacks. And while extremely fickle and unreliable, once setup is complete, it is extremely powerful and hard to stop.

This is my first guide! I am sorta inexperienced so please be gentle ^.^ All feedback appreciated. But generally looking for changes or suggestions to the team to make it better/more reliable because at the moment it is usually make or break based on the first few turns.

I take no credit for the idea. I had a lot of help from bits and pieces from other teams.

Teambuilding Process

Shedinja was my base poke.

Audino came next because it was the bulkiest poke that could setup properly.

Prankster and a movepool that really helps out in setting up most effectively.

Electic monotype with access to Entrainment.

Strong electic monotype with nice attack and good movepool.

A tanky last resort-pokemon. I found that having a poke that could stall as a last result really saved my ass in a lot of nearly unwinnable situations.

The Team

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mimic
- Protect
- Shadow Claw
- Return
The base poke. Wonder Guard is an incredible ability. Mimic is of course to get Entrainment. Protect is I found a must to keep the sash as long as possible to allow for proper setup. Shadow Claw and Return for coverage. Generally he's more for setup than actual fighting. I found he would generally die after setting up, and usually not coming back out if he does survive unless the post-setup strategy fails. Having attack and Speed IVs are for fairly obvious reasons. He needs to be as fast as possible and being able to hit for as much damage as possible if he's needed.

Audino @ Audinite / Mental Herb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Entrainment
- Safeguard
- Dazzling Gleam / Thunder Wave
One of the two lead pokemon. Good bulk and nice support moves make it a better choice than Lopunny or Smeargle for Entrainment setup. I stick with Audinite for the extra bulk which is often needed. But going with the Mental Herb will make you very happy when the time comes and the Mental Herb is useful, but I find the bulk more useful. Entrainment is a must for the strategy. Protect and Safeguard are very helpful and usually the go-to first moves. I sometimes go for the Entrainment right away sometimes when a troublesome ability appears. Dazzling gleam so it isn't total taunt-bait (and it is helpful to have the attack if Electivire goes down), but if you're going for a more Shedinja focused strategy, Thunder Wave is very helpful.

Whimsicott @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Memento
- Taunt
- Sunny Day
The main lead. Often dies instantly, but not before getting that Tailwind in! Tailwind is extremely helpful during setup. Sunny day is great too in case of weather trouble that basically nullifies Shedinja (basically Game Over). Having taunt is also very helpful! Memento is also great later on in the game if Whimsicott survives and you have to pull it out after a poke dies. The eject button is so that Shedinja can get in there ASAP. Fake out can really ruin it, and if the opponent happens to also use a move that damages Shedinja on Whimsicott too it's also Game Over. I do find that often a fake out to get Shedinja out on turn 1 can sometimes be more useful than a tailwind. And getting thrown back into the party before a tailwind can sometimes be favorable to staying out for a few turns and losing turns on the tailwind itself. A definite must lead, but not crucial to the overall strategy.

Plusle @ Focus Sash / Air Baloon
Ability: Lightning Rod --> Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Entrainment
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise / Thunderbolt (if you want to risk losing the Focus Sash for an AB)
- Nasty Plot
While underwhelming on its own, a Plusle that can only be damaged by ground moves that has Magnet Rise is actually very very scary. Focus sash comes into play very rarely, but is very important since Plusle is so important to the strategy. Entrainment is a must to give Wonder Guard to Electivire or any other poke if Electivire faints. Magnet Rise to lose the only weakness it has. Nasty Plot so that it can actually do damage >.> Hidden Power Ice to get the Pokes Elective can't (Combined, only Shedinja cannot be killed by Electivire and Plusle).

Electivire @ Lum Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit --> Wonder Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
The fifth pokemon to come out and Plusle's best buddy. Item-wise Lum Berry is very helpful in case of burns or sleep which can be crippling. With decent speed and good attack, Electivire will do most of the damage on the team. PUP doesn't do a lot of damage, but can be very helpful when it takes an intimidate and gets up the attack stat which is often very necessary. Earthquake is also very powerful and will do no damage to Plusle if it's already Magnet Risen. Be careful because Plusle and Electivire have equal speed. So using Earthquake and Magnet Rise on the same turn can end up killing your only effective method in getting that HP Ice coverage.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
The last resort poke. Chansey only comes out in the most dire of circumstances. Chansey is an utter tank. It holds itself so well with Eviolite, that often times teams whittled down by invincible electric types just can't touch it (Replay below). Not to mention a Wonder Guarded Chansey that can only be damaged by fighting moves is pretty scary too. ST for attacking, Protect/SB to survive, and Toxic to stall. In those last resort scenarios you will often find yourself in, having a toxic stall wall can be game saving. But generally, one should hope not to have to use it.

Lead with Whimsicott and Audino. Usually use Tailwind and mega evolve into a Safeguard or Protect (Entrainment if there is a troublesome ability in your wake).

After turn 1 there are a few possibilities:
1. Whimsicott is dead or Ejected. Audino survived:
Bring out Shedinja in its place. If Audino used Entrainment in turn 1, use mimic instantly. If not, use protect on Shedinja and Entrainment on Audino. What Audino does on turn 2 doesn't matter too much to the integrity of the strategy, but with Entrainment or DG, be as useful as possible.​
2. Both survive (and stay in):
Whimsicott should generally try to be as useful as possible. It isn't usually safe to switch into Shedinja, so just Taunt or Sunny day. If at low health (and possibly with a status ailment like Poison or Burn) using Memento can be very helpful to hamper any offensive pokes. Audino should also try to be as useful as possible. Use Entrainment as much as possible so that Shedinja can mimic it right off the bat.​
3. Both are dead:
This is the most unfortunate of cicrumstances. Don't lose hope, though! Plusle still has Entrainment. I find that the strategy can work fine with a Plusle starting out the Entrainment. Though, be warned: usually, if they managed to get them both, Shedinja and Plusle don't stand a chance. Often times it can be very bad.​
4. Whimsicott survived and Audino is out
The least likely scenario. Generally, this doesn't happen. But if it does, I'd bring in Plusle first and then try to get Shedinja in there ASAP to get that Entrainment as quickly as possible.
After Shedinja gets Entrainment, switch out the other pokemon with Plusle (if it isn't out already) to give it WG. Shedinja will probably die on this turn. If not, that's great! If it does, it's not a huge deal. You still have a poke with WG and Entrainment. Audino dying is actually somewhat helpful sometimes because Plusle can Magnet Rise instantly. But not having access to Audino later on, can be a bummer. After getting Wonder Guard, it uses Entrainment on the slot that Electivire will occupy (switch out if Shedinja hasn't fainted).

Get Magnet Rise out on both Plusle and Electivire ASAP. Then, when both have both MR and MG they are untouchable. Get up your ATK and SPA stats with PUP and NP or kill as many as you can without raising! MR whenever you need to. Try to keep Plusle alive as much as possible. Plusle is the highest priority (even if Shedinja isn't dead because Plusle has both Ent. and WG).

Either you've won, or you're facing one of the counters that ruin the strategy. If this occurs, you still have Chansey (and any other pokes that survived) which can save the game. Though, often times, when Electivire and Plusle go down it's over. This strategy is extremely fickle.

Teravolt is the bane of its existence. It nullifies WG, which really dampers a strategy dependent on WG.

Fast sweeper leads. Typhlosion and M-Charizard Y basically insta kill all 4 starting pokemon. There's not much you can do against it.

Status. Lum Berries only get you so far. Toxic and Burns put a time limit on your invincible pokes. Though I find that sometimes I can finish off the team before going down.

Walls E/P cannot break. Sometimes there just isn't anything they can do against certain walls.

Taunt. Both in prevention of setup and preventing E/P to MR and insta kill with earthquake.

This team is very unreliable, but very powerful when the stars align. Expect a lot of forfeits from both your opponent and yourself (there really isn't any backup plan AFAIK). This strategy is very frustrating, kinda trolley, and a little evil. I really hope there's more to this idea, and this team can be even more powerful!

I hope I was detailed enough so that this doesn't get deleted or something ;-; Please be merciful, all powerful mods.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mimic
- Protect
- Shadow Claw
- Return

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Entrainment
- Safeguard
- Dazzling Gleam

Whimsicott @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Memento
- Taunt
- Sunny Day

Electivire @ Lum Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Plusle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Entrainment
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise
- Nasty Plot

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Thank you!

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, so you RMT'ed a shedinja team okay......to be honest for a first RMT I like how thorough you are in your RMT, but other than that even against a slightly decent player your strategy will fail. It might seem invincible on paper, but it never works out, for example most players carry a follow me user and since such strategies are very easy to spot, it henceforth becomes irrelevant when all you are doing is using entrainment on follow me user, while shed mimics follow me, which is game over for you, also random flinches or even taunt on shedinja is gg for you even before you pass that to another pokemon.

I want to stress that I am not trying to undermine you, but since you are starting out this tier it's better to start out with a good team rather than gimmicks, as good teams actually help you to understand the meta and play according to the situations, rather than trying out same strategies over and over again, and at last getting frustrated at the meta-game and eventually leaving it. Now, what you can do is that you can scout over various doubles thread, try out sample teams and afterwards build a good team yourself! Also you can come to doubles room on PS, there are lots of good players out there and ask one to help you build a good team. Again don't get offended or something, but when starting out a meta, it's always better to go on the right path from the start since it all starts making sense soon afterwards.
Anyways, best of luck!

Last edited:
You have stated yourself that this team is very unreliable and anyone who would be using this team should expect a lot of forfeits. No offence, but such teams, especially one that depends on gimmicks (an immediate win or lose situation), is not ideal in competitive settings as experienced players will easily win against it. You also made this team with a Singles play style in mind, using Chansey (there are no "walls" in Doubles), Toxic (too few turns in Doubles to make an impact), set up moves with no support (which just have your mons defeated in the same turn), and hardly any Protect (a key move in Doubles to maintain momentum). I suggest you go through our forums to truly understand what's good in the metagame and how it functions to it's upmost maximum. GL.

I want to stress that I am not trying to undermine you, but since you are starting out this tier it's better to start out with a good team rather than gimmicks, as good teams actually help you to understand the meta and play according to the situations, rather than trying out same strategies over and over again, and at last getting frustrated at the meta-game and eventually leaving it. ... Now, what you can do is that you can scout over various doubles thread, try out sample teams and afterwards build a good team yourself! Also you can come to doubles room on PS, there are lots of good players out there and ask one to help you build a good team. Again don't get offended or something, but when starting out a meta, it's always better to go on the right path from the start since it all starts making sense soon afterwards.
No issues there! I appreciate the feedback, and I'll definitely stick around and keep trying things out.

It might seem invincible on paper, but it never works out, for example most players carry a follow me user and since such strategies are very easy to spot, it henceforth becomes irrelevant when all you are doing is using entrainment on follow me user, while shed mimics follow me, which is game over for you, also random flinches or even taunt on shedinja is gg for you even before you pass that to another pokemon.
As invincible on paper as it is, it's also impossible on paper. That's definitely a good sign of a faulty strategy haha.

Anyways, best of luck!
Thank you so much; you too!

You have stated yourself that this team is very unreliable and anyone who would be using this team should expect a lot of forfeits. No offence, but such teams, especially one that depends on gimmicks (an immediate win or lose situation), is not ideal in competitive settings as experienced players will easily win against it.
Very good point.

You also made this team with a Singles play style in mind, using Chansey (there are no "walls" in Doubles), Toxic (too few turns in Doubles to make an impact), set up moves with no support (which just have your mons defeated in the same turn), and hardly any Protect (a key move in Doubles to maintain momentum). I suggest you go through our forums to truly understand what's good in the metagame and how it functions to it's upmost maximum. GL.
Will do! Good luck to you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)