SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Hey so Magic Bounce needs to be restricted immediately. This ability is broken when it can be given to every mon on the team. It eliminates the chance to roar/whirlwind, taunt, status on already very strong setup sweepers. It also prevents hazards almost entirely since Samurott-H and Kleavor are not good in SP. I've seen HO teams with lead Hat to prevent hazards and the rest of the team is sash spam, this is a similar problem to Sturdy + HVD. In my opinion this ability is even more powerful than Sturdy because it has so many more applications. It has made the meta very boring when every other game I see Hat + Mage.
I agree with that the meta is nearly unplayable. Or u play HO

The meta is very centered around Stamina, Gale Wings, Ruin Fluffy Scales Stack and Psychic Surge. I am good at this meta and I have played a lot with 1330 rating on TimeCrystal's Alt but I will not be playing again until the meta is more balanced. Many matchups are decided by double protects or speed ties.

Byleth

Retirement
Hated losing to magic bounce extremely hard after neglecting to use it so I started using it myself so here's the team I stole refined to get all three of my alts in the top 10 of ladder before it inevitably gets restricted:
(Click for team)
:clefable: :goodra-hisui: :mudsdale: :hatterene: :frosmoth: :houndstone:
For a quick rundown of the team
:clefable: Unaware clef with bounce is broken, beats pretty much every other setup sweeper that isnt unaware becomes unkillable fairly fast and makes Magearna look like a complete joke lol. Can run steel, poison to protect vs non corrosion poison but I like water as a secondary answer to rain and fire mons that like to abuse fluffy.
:Goodra-Hisui: Eats up all the special hits and answers rain chi-yu and friends. Could be AV tbh but curse usually puts pressure on physical attackers with no eq or cc.
:Mudsdale: Just here to give stamina.
:Hatterene: Screens helps Clef set up even easier and gives the whole team protection that they shouldn't have.
:Frosmoth: Just here to give ice scales.
:Houndstone: Just here to give fluffy.

Bounce doesn't rly have good counterplay, should absolutely be restricted so more fun and interesting teams can thrive. But here's a team for super free elo before it does go.

Screenshot_20231116_220919_Chrome.jpg

wouldnt recommend playing rn since i just lost to magearna every single game and now i lost 90 elo. I love the concept of this meta but hate the actual experience due to broken stuff being legal

edit: use byleth's team its fun

Last edited:

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
pls ban serene grace i literally had a cosmic power, unaware, stamina, tablets of ruin, fluffy, ice scales, vessel of ruin clefable at +4 cosmic powers and still lost to it.

Last edited:
Immagine 2023-11-17 153306.png

Gods, I never post here and when I do, I have a troll account called "Seed Drainer"? I'm questioning my life choices here.
Anyway, hello, this tier is very fun!

My team is basically Byleth's from a few posts ago.
The only big difference is that I use the best mon ever that everybody forgot about:

BEHOLD

:toedscruel:

Seriously, I think people forgot that Mycelium Might is basically a sharable Mold Breaker for statuses. With Magic Bounce (which needs to be restricted for sure) the side effect is that almost no one runs hazard control. Just stack some Toxic Spikes and you've already disrupted most defensive teams in the meta.

Have fun everyone!

I was on the ladder with a strange team I made with Morpeko to obliterate any team with MBounce, but once Defiant triggered, Hunger Switch stopped working. I was just wondering whether this was a bug, or if this was intentional?
Replay can be found here.

Zamazenta-C is one of the few Pokemon that is not relatively affected by the new changes besides with Unaware. Paired with Long Reach and a few offensive and defensive abilities (Water Absorb for anti-priority), I have been able to sweep teams using it. STAB Behemoth Bash eliminates any Fairy hoping to counter it, and Ghost loses to Scrappy or Mind's Eye. This leaves only Psychic, one of the worst defensive types, to counter it (Corviknight and Mandibuzz take neutral damage from Fighting).

I use 100 speed EVs to perfectly outspeed Choice Scarfed Dragapult after using Agility.

:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Behemoth Bash
- Iron Defense
- Agility

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
We are waiting on someone so part of the slate will have to wait until later, for now:
Stamina, Gale Wings and Magic Bounce are restricted, and on top of that, Magearna and Kingambit banned!

KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlaf
StaminaRestrictRestrictRestrict
Gale WingsRestrictRestrictRestrict
Magic BounceRestrictRestrictRestrict
KingambitBanBanBan
MagearnaBanBanBan

:mudsdale:
Stamina allowed semi stall teams to punish cheap damage too easily, forcing the opponent to be extremely careful when using any offensive move that doesn't guarantee a KO. While also allowing numerous CM users to quickly gain physical bulk and become much harder to take down.

:talonflame:
Gale Wings was enabling cheap strategies like Air Slash spam and dangerous kind of HO that invalidated other forms of HO (that didn't carry Psychic Surge) by spamming high power moves like Brave Bird, Hurricane and other Flying-Type moves.

:espeon:
Magic Bounce while most of it uses on Stall teams can be found in Aroma Veil, it was having a very centralizing impact in the tier by offering too much utility in a single slot while also invalidating plenty of strategies.

:Magearna:
Because of its natural bulk and typing, Magearna was among the best options as a wincon on teams that stacked defensive abilities to enable a set-up sweeper.

:Kingambit:
It was another option for the previously mentioned archetype, but Kingambit was found on all kind of teams thanks to having both great stats and a powerful signature ability.

Expect more news during the weekend.

EDIT:

Now we have the rest of the slate as promised:
KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlafClefable
Psychic SurgeRestrictDon't RestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
Ice ScalesDon't RestrictRestrictRestrictDon't Restrict
ClefableBanBanAbstainDon't Ban
ScizorBanBanDon't BanDon't Ban
GreninjaBanBanBanBan

Clefable and Greninja are banned from Shared Power!
:clefable:
Thanks to Unaware it had become a quite effective wincon when paired with defensive abilities, with plenty of opportunities to set up with Cosmic Power and/or Calm Mind, and as it ignores opposite stats boosts it had a big advantage against similar strategies.

:Greninja:
Thanks to Water Shuriken, Greninja was a very difficult opponent to offensive teams without Psychic Surge or nicher stuff like Fake Out, as it could get some high damage between Skill Links, Technician, Drizzle and other abilities while boosting both offensive stats and speed if it manages to KO anything making it impossible to revenge kill.

These would be the last changes of the month, so, see ya

Last edited:
We are waiting on someone so part of the slate will have to wait until later, for now:
Stamina, Gale Wings and Magic Bounce are restricted, and on top of that, Magearna and Kingambit banned!

KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlaf
KingambitBanBanBan
MagearnaBanBanBan

Stamina allowed semi stall teams to punish cheap damage too easily, forcing the opponent to be extremely careful when using any offensive move that doesn't guarantee a KO. While also allowing numerous CM users to quickly gain physical bulk and become much harder to take down.

Gale Wings was enabling cheap strategies like Air Slash spam and dangerous kind of HO that invalidated other forms of HO (that didn't carry Psychic Surge) by spamming high power moves like Brave Bird, Hurricane and other Flying-Type moves.

Magic Bounce while most of it uses on Stall teams can be found in Aroma Veil, it was having a very centralizing impact in the tier by offering too much utility in a single slot while also invalidating plenty of strategies.

Because of its natural bulk and typing, Magearna was among the best options as a wincon on teams that stacked defensive abilities to enable a set-up sweeper.

It was another option for the previously mentioned archetype, but Kingambit was found on all kind of teams thanks to having both great stats and a powerful signature ability.

Damn so what happened to mag not being op huh.
rip my mag spam team gonna run arc with fluffy and ice scales now

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Damn so what happened to mag not being op huh.
rip my mag spam team gonna run arc with fluffy and ice scales now
I still don't think it is broken, but it has a lot of support from the community, so banning it while we handle the real issue that is the combination of defensive abilities plus bulky set up seems like the best option.

KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlaf
KingambitBanBanBan
MagearnaBanBanBan

holy hell, balance in shared power? impossible.
in all seriousness, very needed changes, Nothing seems too overcentralizing now, and the slow opening up on most teams because of no kingambit will be cool to see. Woulda liked to see overlord banned/restricted before gambit all together because i feel like gambit itself doesn't win games

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
I mean at that point what else is there to do but hax the Clefable down or status it. Run Shield Dust next time I guess.
Ok

KaenSoulPonchlakeGimlaf
KingambitBanBanBan
MagearnaBanBanBan

Pls ban or restrict serene grace its like way more broken than anything on here

My two cents worth on the recent bans and meta as a whole:

The Banned:

:mudsdale:Stamina Restrict: Good riddance! Seriously, this ability combined w/Fluffy invalidated most physical attackers, not to mention getting way too many defence boosts from multi-hits. Overall, while not the strongest on it's own, I the way it was supported by and was support for other abilities was just a little too much for the meta.

:Hatterene:Magic bounce Restrict: This should definitely not been unbanned and left unrestricted, seeing as it completely invalidates practically every non-setup status move for the opponent, barring Haze, Trick and Ghost-type Curse.

:Talonflame:Gale Wings Restrict: This is the Restriction I feel least enthusiastic about, but can see why it needed to be banned in it's current state. if Serene Grace was restricted, I feel this ability would be a bit more manageable. also Talonflame can still spam Air slash with serene grace for a +1 Priority 60% flinch chance which I feel should be looked at ngl.

:Magearna::Kingambit:Magearna/Kingambit Bans: Magearna kinda had it coming for a while now, seeing as it was probably the bulkiest wincon in the meta, and stacking defensive abilities on it generally meant it was really tough to get off the field without a move that forced it out. (all of which were unviable against Magearna because of Magic Bounce)
Gambit on the other hand is a mixed bag, and personally I felt could've been fine with a Supreme Overlord restrict instead. On one hand, it did massive damage with Sucker Punch and Cleave, and could set up quick with SD. On the other hand it was not very hard to check, requiring a little bit of prediction. Nevertheless I do think passing supreme overlord was a bit much, so I guess the ban is justified for now.

The Good:

:Lycanroc-Dusk:[non-Gale Wings] HO teams get to catch a break, as they no longer have to deal with Stamina and magic bounce, and are kept from being overpowered by the loss of Supreme overlord.

:Ribombee:Hazard Users are no longer unviable since Magic bounce is restricted, and don't have to worry about GW teams ignoring all their hazards and sweeping them. As a result, now other teams are encouraged to use hazard removal again instead of sticking hatterene/Espeon on a team and calling it a day.

:Ting-lu:Stall teams don't have to worry about Magearna setting up on them anymore, though losing stamina/M-Bounce isn't great.

And the Unhealthy:

:trevenant::Greedent:Harvest/Cheek Pouch Teams: These teams are difficult to check, seeing as a Sitrus berry + Cheek Pouch is just a better recover which usually triggers after being hit, and along with harvest equates to recovering 60%~ of your HP [almost] every turn, rendering most offense teams and most stall teams unviable against a Harvest/Pouch team. However, this archetype is nuked from orbit by :Calyrex-Ice:, which [if its ability works properly] completely shuts down these abilities by preventing berries from being used. However, I feel an archetype that you practically need Caly-Ice to beat is a bit too much for the meta, and I feel that either one of the two abilities should be restricted.

:Manaphy::Kyogre:Hydration/Drizzle/Rest: While Hydration w/drizzle is just a weaker version of Purifying salt, which isn't the end of the world (even if it is annoying), Hydration in combination with Rest is a problem, as it basically becomes recover but it restores 100% HP (because hydration removes sleep at the end of your turn. I'm no expert but I don't think that's healthy for the meta, especially since it can be passed to your entire team. I'm not sure how it could be done, but I feel rest should be banned while Hydration+Drizzle are on your team, seeing how many mons get Rest.

MeeMoon78

Banned deucer.
My two cents worth on the recent bans and meta as a whole:

The Banned:

:mudsdale:Stamina Restrict: Good riddance! Seriously, this ability combined w/Fluffy invalidated most physical attackers, not to mention getting way too many defence boosts from multi-hits. Overall, while not the strongest on it's own, I the way it was supported by and was support for other abilities was just a little too much for the meta.

:Hatterene:Magic bounce Restrict: This should definitely not been unbanned and left unrestricted, seeing as it completely invalidates practically every non-setup status move for the opponent, barring Haze, Trick and Ghost-type Curse.

:Talonflame:Gale Wings Restrict: This is the Restriction I feel least enthusiastic about, but can see why it needed to be banned in it's current state. if Serene Grace was restricted, I feel this ability would be a bit more manageable. also Talonflame can still spam Air slash with serene grace for a +1 Priority 60% flinch chance which I feel should be looked at ngl.

:Magearna::Kingambit:Magearna/Kingambit Bans: Magearna kinda had it coming for a while now, seeing as it was probably the bulkiest wincon in the meta, and stacking defensive abilities on it generally meant it was really tough to get off the field without a move that forced it out. (all of which were unviable against Magearna because of Magic Bounce)
Gambit on the other hand is a mixed bag, and personally I felt could've been fine with a Supreme Overlord restrict instead. On one hand, it did massive damage with Sucker Punch and Cleave, and could set up quick with SD. On the other hand it was not very hard to check, requiring a little bit of prediction. Nevertheless I do think passing supreme overlord was a bit much, so I guess the ban is justified for now.

The Good:

:Lycanroc-Dusk:[non-Gale Wings] HO teams get to catch a break, as they no longer have to deal with Stamina and magic bounce, and are kept from being overpowered by the loss of Supreme overlord.

:Ribombee:Hazard Users are no longer unviable since Magic bounce is restricted, and don't have to worry about GW teams ignoring all their hazards and sweeping them. As a result, now other teams are encouraged to use hazard removal again instead of sticking hatterene/Espeon on a team and calling it a day.

:Ting-lu:Stall teams don't have to worry about Magearna setting up on them anymore, though losing stamina/M-Bounce isn't great.

And the Unhealthy:

:trevenant::Greedent:Harvest/Cheek Pouch Teams: These teams are difficult to check, seeing as a Sitrus berry + Cheek Pouch is just a better recover which usually triggers after being hit, and along with harvest equates to recovering 60%~ of your HP [almost] every turn, rendering most offense teams and most stall teams unviable against a Harvest/Pouch team. However, this archetype is nuked from orbit by :Calyrex-Ice:, which [if its ability works properly] completely shuts down these abilities by preventing berries from being used. However, I feel an archetype that you practically need Caly-Ice to beat is a bit too much for the meta, and I feel that either one of the two abilities should be restricted.

:Manaphy::Kyogre:Hydration/Drizzle/Rest: While Hydration w/drizzle is just a weaker version of Purifying salt, which isn't the end of the world (even if it is annoying), Hydration in combination with Rest is a problem, as it basically becomes recover but it restores 100% HP (because hydration removes sleep at the end of your turn. I'm no expert but I don't think that's healthy for the meta, especially since it can be passed to your entire team. I'm not sure how it could be done, but I feel rest should be banned while Hydration+Drizzle are on your team, seeing how many mons get Rest.
Pls ban or restrict Serene Grace. I literally had Stamina, Beads of Ruin, Vessel of Ruin, and Fluffy on a +4 cosmic power clefable and i still lost to it

Does No Guard cancel out Queenly Majesty? I was playing a round and my team got hit by priority attacks even though I have Queenly Majesty. If it doesn't then how was I hit?

Does No Guard cancel out Queenly Majesty? I was playing a round and my team got hit by priority attacks even though I have Queenly Majesty. If it doesn't then how was I hit?
Your team does not have Queenly Majesty, only your Tsareena does.
Restricted Abilities (Can be used but won't be shared with the team):
:farigiraf:Armor Tail
:komala:Comatose
:enamorus:Contrary
:Bruxish:Dazzling
:persian-alola:Fur Coat
:gholdengo:Good as Gold
:azumarill:Huge Power
:zoroark:Illusion
:ditto:Imposter
:clefable:Magic Guard
:haxorus:Mold Breaker
:dragonite:Multiscale
:breloom:Poison Heal
:sableye:Prankster
:walking wake:Protosynthesis
:medicham:Pure Power
:garganacl:Purifying Salt
:tsareena:Queenly Majesty
:slowbro-galar:Quick Draw
:jolteon:Quick Feet
:sandslash:Sand Rush
:numel:Simple
:beartic:Slush Rush
:spidops:Stakeout
:donphan:Sturdy
:raichu-alola:Surge Surfer
:lokix:Tinted Lens
:skeledirge:Unaware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)