Metagame Shared Power

Screenshot from 2022-03-02 11-06-25.png

Since I peaked and am a good bit higher elo than #2 I figured I'd share my team!
This is based on Pigeon's Stall Sample
Pex/Corvi Stall: https://pokepast.es/ac03028c51326f6d
:toxapex: :corviknight: :mudsdale: :frosmoth: :kommo-o: :sableye: (by Pigeons)

I noticed that the biggest threat to the team were crits, not only from crit setup teams :drapion:, but also Skill Link users :cinccino:. After some experimentation, I decided to replace Kommo-o with Cloyster as it offers not only the Shell Armor but also Hazard support with Spikes and Rapid Spin. This physically bulky set can also check most Crawdaunts.

I also adjusted some of the Movesets to further improve the team's consistency. The most notable changes are a Bulk Up/Taunt Set for Corviknight and Roar on Mudsdale. Toxapex is your most important asset as it can Prankster Haze even Dark-Types and is quite bulky. Don't let it get tricked/trapped/killed!

Spikes Pressure Stall: https://pokepast.es/2b3f016d5288b734
:corviknight: :mudsdale: :frosmoth: :cloyster: :toxapex: :sableye: (by Ballfire oml)

This team has a really strong matchup spread overall (at least in the current meta):
:cloyster: You beat Skill Link teams with ease due to the Stamina + Shell Armor combo
:corviknight: You always win against opposing Pressure Stall Teams without Cloyster
:dragapult: You should win against offensive Teams after setting up your Toxapex

Threatlist:
:pelipper: Rain Stall can be scary to face as your Stealth Rocks setter is weak to Water. Make sure to scout and only let Mudsdale come in on weak Pokémon
:tapu lele: Special Offenses are quite rare in the current meta but can be threatening as they're less prepared for
:crawdaunt: That one guy with Band Crawdaunt which OHKOd my entire team

Thanks for reading!

On mobile right now, sorry for the bad grammar in advance.

Sturdy is super dumb, degenerate, and I want it gone NOW. The counterplay boils down to multi-hits, hazards (negated with Boots), Hail/Sand (unviable + offensive Sturdy teams are likely to have a Pokemon immune to at least one of the weathers), or simply out offensing your opponent. Unfortunately, the only way to do the last thing is to have your own Sturdy, which means that every offense team is either build around beating it, using it, or a combination of both. The opportunity cost of needing to use Boots isn't enough of a drawback because abilities can offer enough damage amp by themselves. I don't think Sturdy is a very healthy element in SP, it enables degenerate play styles and games can end up coming down to speed ties (who's priority or speed control moves first).

I don't care about Skill Link. It's just another damage amp ability, and since you're almost always running it with Technician, that's 2 slots on a team that also probably wants Adaptability, No Guard + Hustle, a physical/speed boosting ability, a terrain, and a fast physical Scarfer like Dragapult.
In fact, with Stamina being popular on defensive teams, I would argue it actually have natural counterplay. The way I see it, Skill Link is another damage amp ability in a tier filled with them, but is so specifically taliored that it's harder to fit without building your team around it.

Other dumb stuff:
Flare Boost + Quick Feet (too much power, too little offensive counterplay, has tons of room to beat even Ice Scales teams)
Prankster + Destiny Bond (uncompetitive, there's no counterplay for offensive teams other than hoping you sacked the right mons and these types of teams can play 4-4 or 3-3 and win)
I completely agree that Flare Boost + Quick Feet should be gone (why is it even here when guts is banned?), but imo sturdy problems can be solved quite easily by running balance against it, as long as you can tank their hits well its perfectly fine.
Prankster Dbond sounds uncompetitive by nature, but i haven't met any so I can't say about it.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I completely agree that Flare Boost + Quick Feet should be gone (why is it even here when guts is banned?), but imo sturdy problems can be solved quite easily by running balance against it, as long as you can tank their hits well its perfectly fine.
Prankster Dbond sounds uncompetitive by nature, but i haven't met any so I can't say about it.
The issue with balance right now is that a ton of it relies on abilities like Fluffy and Ice Scales, or even Stamina, in order to check the opposing team, but offensive teams have multiple ways to outdamage these Pokemon. Physically, the combination of Hustle + No Guard + Adaptability already equals the damage that Fluffy negates, and with Sturdy, you still have 2 slots leftover in order to rack up more damage, like Skill Link + Technician, boosting abilities, Sniper + Super Luck, Long Reach + Psychic Surge, or even Pokemon whose physical moves don't make contact, like ZyDog or Dragapult. On the special side, Flare Boost + Quick Feet + Adaptability does the same thing, and add on Sheer Force, Psychic Surge boosts, and other boosting abilities, and you can easily outdamage Ice Scales as well. This makes balance nearly unviable in the current meta, and even if it was viable, they'd be hard-pressed to find adequate slots in order to outlast the opposing team.

Also an addendum to my Prankster + D-Bond post: let's just ban Prankster. All it does is help facillitate annoying, degenerate, and borderline uncompetitive strategies. Prankster + Destiny Bond is one of them, but recently I have discovered Starf Berry spam teams featuring Pokemon like Greedent, Snorlax, and Appletun. Usually, these strategies are unviable, but as soon as the proper Berry user sets up, it's curtains. They can continue to spam Recycle + Substitute until your PP runs out, and then either sweep or sack themselves for a sweeper. That's just the tip of the iceberg with Prankster, and other strategies could pop up that are equally fishy and annoying to deal with. I just don't think Prankster has a healthy or competitive impact on the meta.

heehee type immunity go brrrrrr
i like gimmick teams! what can i say.

i won't go into depth on this one as it's relatively self explanatory.
whole team is built with type coverage and "patching weak points" in mind
when fully active it provides 5-way type immunity with an accuracy boost (bonus fire attack boost if victini activates flash fire)

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
  • electric immunity, can be replaced with motor drive or lightning rod​
  • fast physical​
  • nobody expects play rough zeraora!

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
  • ground immunity (note in mashups where shared power is not the base, levitate will not be shared- if using in a non-sp-based mashup, replace)​
  • fast physical, yes you read that right. dragon dance + recover latias is surprisingly bulky​

Gastrodon-East @ Assault Vest
Ability: Storm Drain
  • water immunity (can be replaced with water absorb, maybe dry skin if you activate flash fire before)​
  • bulky special​

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry (or Blunder Policy)
Ability: Sap Sipper
  • grass immunity (having pokemon weak against a type only to have it immune to it is the best gimmick ever, no i dont take constructive criticism)​
  • bulky physical​
  • may wanna activate victory star before use!!! azu has mild sweep potential (victory star + belly drum + powerful lower acc moves), keep it in your pocket for a bit​

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
  • fire immunity (flash fire is one of the only good fire-immune abilities lets be honest- if you use dry skin as replacement for any other member, activate flash fire first)​
  • bulky special​
  • activate levitate before use to avoid 4x damage!! assault vest can assist it if sent out before though​
  • fire stab​

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
  • sweep potential! (immunities + atk boosts from sap sip + special boosts from storm drain)​
  • all-around with less focus on defenses, meant to be sent out near last​
  • victory star to assist mons like azumarill with 100% or less acc moves​
  • fire stab​
So I attempted a team similar to this one but I didn't get any of the immunities for some reason. Do they not work together anymore or am I missing something? I am playing the OM of the month if that makes a difference.

So I attempted a team similar to this one but I didn't get any of the immunities for some reason. Do they not work together anymore or am I missing something? I am playing the OM of the month if that makes a difference.
I'm using this team in OMOTM and it works just fine.
Was Neutralizing Gas or Mold Breaker active at all?
Having NG on your own team on Shared Power also breaks your abilities too, I think.

The abilities only start sharing once you send the mon out, so for example once you send out gastrodon you will get storm drain shared but before that storm drain isn't shared.

The issue with balance right now is that a ton of it relies on abilities like Fluffy and Ice Scales, or even Stamina, in order to check the opposing team, but offensive teams have multiple ways to outdamage these Pokemon. Physically, the combination of Hustle + No Guard + Adaptability already equals the damage that Fluffy negates, and with Sturdy, you still have 2 slots leftover in order to rack up more damage, like Skill Link + Technician, boosting abilities, Sniper + Super Luck, Long Reach + Psychic Surge, or even Pokemon whose physical moves don't make contact, like ZyDog or Dragapult. On the special side, Flare Boost + Quick Feet + Adaptability does the same thing, and add on Sheer Force, Psychic Surge boosts, and other boosting abilities, and you can easily outdamage Ice Scales as well. This makes balance nearly unviable in the current meta, and even if it was viable, they'd be hard-pressed to find adequate slots in order to outlast the opposing team.

Also an addendum to my Prankster + D-Bond post: let's just ban Prankster. All it does is help facillitate annoying, degenerate, and borderline uncompetitive strategies. Prankster + Destiny Bond is one of them, but recently I have discovered Starf Berry spam teams featuring Pokemon like Greedent, Snorlax, and Appletun. Usually, these strategies are unviable, but as soon as the proper Berry user sets up, it's curtains. They can continue to spam Recycle + Substitute until your PP runs out, and then either sweep or sack themselves for a sweeper. That's just the tip of the iceberg with Prankster, and other strategies could pop up that are equally fishy and annoying to deal with. I just don't think Prankster has a healthy or competitive impact on the meta.

I actually kinda agree now that you mention it. Nothing good comes from prankster. Cheek Pouch teams and stall should still be viable without prankster but would require more planning outside of just clicking sub over and over or priority Haze/ taunt to stop offensive counterplay. Prankster allows these playstyles to effortlessly shut down counter play with almost zero commitment or risk to the user. Also offense should still be viable without sturdy + boots.

I think meta would be in a good place if prankster and sturdy were tested and ultimately done away with. Willing to have my mind changed of course but the arguments here are solid.

Why prankster + d bond is not ban ? I don't know how you can't ban this stupid combo..
It's like mew imprison transform in last OM.. No sense...

We are always trying to make the meta even balanced-er, though. Currently, we believe that Skill Link and Sturdy are two of the strongest abilities in the tier, on the cusp of overwhelming, and certainly factors that need to be considered when teambuilding. We would like to ask the community — what are your thoughts on Skill Link and Sturdy, and what strategies do you use to counter them on your teams?
:cloyster: Giving my thoughts on Skill Link and Sturdy. :skarmory:

In my opinion, these are the top two abilities in the tier, but I would like to give my thoughts on them.

Sturdy is quite the ability, being essentially a full-team focus sash, and Sturdy teams are able to pick apart Offense like nobody’s business. However, I think that Study in itself isn’t a broken ability. It has plenty of counterplay, whether that be switch moves, chipping the opposing team, or even just Skill Link mons or Hazards. While a lot of this can be handled within the team, Sturdy relies on mons being at full HP to tank a hit, and priority moves such as Scizor’s Bullet Punch finish off low HP mons. With all of this in mind, I don't think that Sturdy is broken.

Skill Link is and ability that is used to facilitate offense through the excellent Cloyster, and is used to help moves like Rock Blast become extremely powerful. While one of the best teamstyles centers around giving as many offensive and defensive abilties to a Mon to make it very powerful, I have to say that Cloyster (and to a lesser extent Cinccino) are pretty good by virtue of this ability. However, if I had to make a decision on whether to ban skill link or not, I would say that it is less of Skill Link being and more of Cloyster.

And now for more thoughts.

Flare Boost + Quick Feet (too much power, too little offensive counterplay, has tons of room to beat even Ice Scales teams)
:flame-orb: FlareFeet has some offensive counterplay by virtue of Priority, Manual Weather, Sturdy, Scarves, etc but I won’t deny that it’s strong. It just lacks some power compared to other abilities, especially since you are bring a bad Mon (Drifblim) to use the strat. Any offensive team can beat Ice Scales/Fluffy/Stamina if you can play right.

:cloyster: Honestly, if I’m looking at Cloyster, I think it’s the best Mon in the meta rn, hands down. Shell Smash is so strong, especially when you pair it with Technician Skill Link Adaptablity Icicle Spear, and that can be paired with Hustle/No Guard for even more power, or Super Luck/Sniper for destroying Stall. I’m not saying it’s banworthy or anything, just that it’s pretty good rn.

:Crawdaunt: Crawdaunt just feels like it’s getting more attention here than in the main metas, as the only boosts it gets are Tough Claws and Hustle. It’s just a strong Mon in general, and most people’s first pick when they want an Adaptability mom. Adapt isn’t broken either, it just helps facilitate offensive teams. Basically, Craw ain’t broken. It’s just more appreciated :D

:Mudsdale: :Bewear: :frosmoth: Stamina, Fluffy, and Ice Scales are the premiere defensive abilities rn, but they are pretty easily bypassed by different measures, such as offensive abiltity stack or status. I personally think that these abilities are necessary to keep the meta relatively healthy and balanced.

:whimsicott: Prankster Dbond is annoying, and really I think that it has almost no counters. It’s really the only thing I want out of here soon.

All in all, a pretty healthy meta, and thats surprising considering whats allowed here. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment/reply, but don’t feel forced. Enjoy laddering!

Last edited:

Byleth

Retirement
Sturdy is quite the ability, being essentially a full-team focus sash, and Sturdy teams are able to pick apart Offense like nobody’s business. However, I think that Study in itself isn’t a broken ability. It has plenty of counterplay, whether that be switch moves, chipping the opposing team, or even just Skill Link mons or Hazards. While a lot of this can be handled within the team, Sturdy relies on mons being at full HP to tank a hit, and priority moves such as Scizor’s Bullet Punch finish off low HP mons. With all of this in mind, I don't think that Sturdy is broken.
I am very confident that sturdy itself is broken. Switch moves do nothing to help vs sturdy because you still are executing a turn on that mon just like any other team. Chip can work to an extent but the part where you mention hazards is dead because sturdy offensive teams always run boots, so that is never an option. Things like Sand Stream or Hail work on paper but more often than not you are wasting an ability slot to kill a mon AFTER it hits something (so you still have to trade because Sturdy + Boots guarantees every mon on the team can survive one hit barring skill link). Priority users like Sciz will always be hitting Sturdy mons at full HP which is problematic because you can't really have Scizor revenge properly and then you end up losing it because it has to trade. Having to run Skill Link or your own Sturdy to consistently deal with Sturdy isn't very healthy overall either, because that just makes Sturdy even more overcentralizing. Many of these points have been highlighted already in other posts but apparently that needs to be reiterated.

I'd like to end this off on a note that if Sturdy goes then Flare Boost/Quick Feet needs to skidaddle along with it since any other type of team without Ice Scales immediately gets snowballed by this archetype, even priority spam which is just lol'd on by Lele being on these teams.

With that out of the way, there's some things I'd like to advocate for:

PRANKSTER BAN

This ability is dumb on fat teams and is very abusable with setup moves in conjunction with other abilities to create very unhealthy gameplay. Others have also expressed annoyance in Prankster Destiny Bond (which I fully support), however being able to click Bulk Up/Iron Defense on stuff like Corv/Kommo respectively before a lot of mons can even click an attack and then Roost or Sub before they attack again is inherently broken and the only consistent workaround I've been able to find for these kind of strats are teams that focus on critical hits since any boosts you can quickly accumulate don't matter, but seeing as a user above has already integrated shell armor into their stall even this becomes unreliable. Along with Prankster being used with Destiny Bond to essentially force sacking for more offensive teams with little counterplay and probably other weird setup teams I haven't covered here, I think it is very clearly deserving to go.

LEPPA BAN (or something that stops teams like this from forcing several teams into endless)
Even if it's not an optimal playstyle (it literally isn't because you can switch back and forth and never lose to this) it can force very long games! And I mean FORCE. See this turn 700+ replay for that. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8sharedpower-1523164454

I feel like offensive teams are a bit too strong in the current meta, with the worst culprit being adaptability. Sturdy should probably get banned as it's kind of uncompetitive.

As a prankster user myself I'm a bit torn on it. It's probably the strongest defensive ability left. I personally think that a meta with a mix of offensive and defensive teams is the most healthy state and I don't think banning prankster would get us closer there. If stall proves to be too strong though definitely ban it.

:puff:Stall user detected: lethal force engaged :puff:

Not really, but ima reply here.

I feel like offensive teams are a bit too strong in the current meta, with the worst culprit being adaptability. Sturdy should probably get banned as it's kind of uncompetitive.

As a prankster user myself I'm a bit torn on it. It's probably the strongest defensive ability left. I personally think that a meta with a mix of offensive and defensive teams is the most healthy state and I don't think banning prankster would get us closer there. If stall proves to be too strong though definitely ban it.
Let’s start out with the fact that I, do personally think that the meta is in a decent state right now. Yes, Balance is almost null and void, but things like Bulky Offense are decent, and both Offense and Stall are pretty great right now (as to be expected in ability-based metas).

:Crawdaunt: Adaptability, as I have stated before, is probably one of, if not the only thing stopping Stall from running rampant. Stall will always inevitably be a matchup fish, while Offense will be as well. Offense is held in check by Sturdy, Stamina, Fluffy, et cetera. Adaptability is just being complained about due to the nature of the mons that give it (barring Dragalge), hitting very hard.

:skarmory: Sturdy is bypassed by Skill Link, Rocks, Priority, Piviot Moves, Passive Damage, and just any kind of chip in general. Study feels kind of all-or-nothing to me, as you either run Boots + Terrain on your entire team and likely not be able to break all that well, as even Adaptability doesn’t outdamage Fluffy/Ice Scales. On top of that, you can’t ever account for every Cloyster and Skill Link Mons on the opposing team, or even manual weather.

:sableye: Despite the fact that I love Offense, I don’t think that Prankster is the issue here. Prankster + Destiny Bond is a gimmick that feels really uncompetitive, as it brings everything down to 50/50s. I think that Prankster itself should be preserved due to it being essential on stall/defensive structures, but a complex ban for Prankster + Dbond or just banning Dbond would work to fix the problem.

Review: Offense isn’t broken, Stall isn’t broken, Study isn’t broken, Skill Link isn’t broken, Prankster isn’t broken, but Prankster + Dbond is. Meta is relatively balanced rn, and I’m fine with keeping it that way. Yes I know it was a quick reply, but I happened to be reading the thread at that time. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/53b51e593594cd42

Wanted to share this fun team I've been using. Not been doing super great. It struggles against Fluffy real hard as you do not typically have the time to setup swords dances to beat it with Lycanroc or Scizor. Also struggles with Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet for the obvious reasons. Tsareena and/or Tapu Lele also screw you over hard, as you're effectively locked out of the game. (Unless the Tapu Lele user mistakenly uses a Levitate mon x3). Stall will also typically heck you up since you don't have many breakers or ways to get around them.

But now for why this team totally doesn't suck since I spent a paragraph crapping on it.

Ice is a good type to be. Aurorus' Refrigerate helps a lot and will be used almost every game. Focus Sash allows it to be one of our leads, killing stuff by surprise or being able to use Stealth Rock and still attack. What's also funny is a few times now a Cloyster has gotten greedy with Shell Smash, and unbeknown to them Aurorus is a special attacker rock type, so it dies. If you're able to too, Ancient Power + Technician is sweetness.

On the topic of leads, we also have Rotom-Wash. Rotom provides Levitate, which a lot of the team appreciates. No ground immunity is cool and all, but I much more prefer this for additionally not caring about Spikes/Sticky Web/Toxic Spikes. Trick can heck stuff up, and the rest of it's set is self-explanatory. I refused to run Will-O-Wisp since the combination of Flare Boost and Flash Fire existing makes it not useful way too many times, whereas Ice Hyper Voice can allow Rotom to hit stuff it previously couldn't. This is especially good versus ground-types when the opponent has a Storm Drain or Water Absorb Pokemon. Volt Switch is good if we're able to use it too, letting you pivot into the next ability or Pokemon.

To round up the leads, we have Sharpedo. Effectively a weaker Barraskewda, but 10x cooler because it gets Rough Skin and Destiny Bond. Rough Skin comes in handy many times despite the team not being bulky, especially the cases of contact moves/Skill Link, and Sturdy Pokemon. Scarf Bond is cheeky, buy if timed right can be powerful. Otherwise you plan to Flip Turn the entire hot-Water Absorb/Storm Drain game, and Bite where it fits. You're not absurdly powerful, but like your other priority users, you're moderately fast and can hit where you need to.

Lycanroc-Dusk is a replaceable mon (for like Crawdaunt?, idk) but Tough Claws helps out a low for its own fast Close Combat, it's own Quick Attack, Arcanine's Extreme Speed, and Scizor's Quick Attack. Another priority user, Acceleroco can help hit things Scuzor couldn't, but you'll stil struggle against steel-types.

Arcanine is solid, preventing Will-O-Wisp and fire-type attacks from rolling us over. Acts as a pivot with Teleport, and Extreme Speed can allow it to revenge kill some stuff, or just do some chip. Chip is good. Teleport is really the only reason I run this over Heatran, but not being weak to fighting is also nice. Morning Sun also has its use, especially versus Rough Skin and the like, and after a Flare Blitz if you have time. However, like Heatran, it is just here for Flash Fire to prevent Burn and fire-type attacks.

To finish up the team we have arguably it's best Pokemon, Scizor. The Combination of EVERY ability on this team really helps it shine. Rough Skin acts the same as it does everywhere else, but still can help if Scizor is able to survive attacks and Bullet Punch/Quick Attack isn't enough. Flash Fire + Levitate allow it defensive gain and time to use Swords Dance. Not being able to be Burned (for the most part, haven't run into Flame Body YET, and Scald is scary) + ungrounded hazards is also really nice to keep it at max health so you give Rough Skin more time to activate. After 1-2 Swords dance, most of the metagame dies. Yes, 2 and even 3 Swords Dance is definitely possible. Scizor isn't fat, but being forced to hit it with non-optimal attacks helps. I'm torn over running U-Turn instead of Roost, but Roost also helps a ton versus Rough Skin and the like, and again, if stuff is forced to hit you not super effectively, and you're a steel type, there's a non-zero chance you can heal off it. But U-Turn would also lend Scuzor to being able to lead or come in more often than the endgame, which would be a good benefit to Lycanroc and Sharpedo especially, as they use Technician-able moves. Currently it's hard to get him in and out safely.

485.png873.png598.png445.png760.png242.png
Frosmoth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Rest
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Blissey Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport

Attachments

Since everyone’s posting teams, I’d like to introduce y’all to my main team. Pokepaste is in the sprites.

:damp-rock: :kingdra::Crawdaunt::Landorus::Cloyster::Magnezone::Kartana: :damp-rock:

MANUALRAIN is actually a legit strat, as giving something like a Crawdaunt double speed is no laughing matter. The team plays like this: set up Sturdy with Magnezone, and Volt Switch into Kingdra. Kingdra then sets up your MANUALRAIN and then Flip Turns into Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt has Liquidation over Crabhammer because it gets boosted by Sheer Force. Lando-T and Kart are pretty scary, as they outspeed FlareFeet teams with ease. Finally, Cloyster does Cloyster things and cleans up the opposing team once they are weakened.

MANUALRAIN is actually surprisingly legit, and I have been enjoying it. I will probably edit this to be more specific when I have more time/when people ask.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I have been trying different teams and this is the most 'original' team i got that had some success, is still sturdy sack but is something

Trick Room-Sturdy Team
:Aggron: :Stakataka: :Malamar: :Victini: :Porygon-Z: :Tapu lele:
https://pokepast.es/bd9f9624a1889955

Sturdy is dumb, i think the only bad match up this team has is hard stall, specially if they have heatran to shut down Victini.
Malamar is mostly there because of Infiltrator and Topsy-Turvy, substitute spam was too annoying, destiny bond and berry teams love to spam sub and this allow me to get a surprise kill. Meanwhile T-T handle stall teams gaining too many defense boosts each turn.
Tapu Lele stops priority and can take on many defensive mons with taunt + cm.

Had some fun in the ladder, but i feel like every viable team is just trying to matchup fish, sturdy teams, priority spam, skill link, rain stall, berry, hard stall, quick feet + flare boost, you just wish to not go against one of the sacky teams that counters yours and proceed to win in team preview.
No idea how to balance an OM like this one as banning too much would just remove the charm of the tier, but would really like some kind of nerf to stall, as it has tools to handle any kind of counterplay even if it has to choose on what to beat, crits get ignored by shell armor, toxic does nothing to nature cure/hydratation, prank haze handle set up sweepers (sometimes prank + iron defense does the job just fine) at least with only 6 team slots people cant add Aromatisse to counter taunt too, is really unfun to fight stall specially when it drains your pp in a few turns.

If Guts has been banned Flare Boost should be too. If anything it’s worse since you can use Intimidate to lower Guts users attacks, in combination with Quick Feet you’ve got a free Scarf and Specs on your entire team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)