Monotype Shake Your Heart (1K post RMT)

Introduction
Hello! This is my 1000th post, so in the spirit of accomplishment and celebration, I'd like to feature what might be the best team I've made. This team has had many small changes over the past few months and is the team that innovated and created almost every part of standard Psychic: dual screens Deoxys-S, Choice Band Victini, Counter Alakazam, and of course Double Dance Mew. Now, these are standard sets that everyone uses and everyone made their version of this team! Similarly, over the past year and a half, I've been slowly changing as well and slowly making my mark on the community in what I would hope are good ways, so I'd like to imagine this is a reflection of my own time here with the Monotype community. So, I'd like to present a team to Shake Your Heart!

The Teambuilding Process

Mew's been my favorite Pokemon ever since I was a little kid that watched Mewtwo Strikes Back, and when I saw that Genesis Supernova teaser, that was it. I had to build around Mewnium Z right then. I wanted to have my team ready to go for when Mewnium Z dropped. It was a sweeper set and originally only used Nasty Plot with Psychic, Earth Power, and Fire Blast as attacking moves. The idea was to use Genesis Supernova to break almost every wall that isn't immune to it, and Earth Power and Fire Blast would destroy any Steel-types.

As a Hyper Offense main at heart, I immediately just put on a Deoxys-S. I'm not really sure why we allow this monster in Monotype, but it reliably sets Stealth Rock. More importantly, offense struggles to break past dual screens, so Deoxys-S helps support Mew against faster threats. Mega Alakazam is another great anti-offense tool thanks to its Speed and Trace checking weather sweepers and Alolan Raichu.

The rest of the team was built to allow Mew to sweep. Choice Scarf Victini was pretty much on every single Psychic team because it could check Bug-types and pivot with U-turn. Latios was just a nice wallbreaker to weaken Mew's checks that also happened to check other problems for the team like Belly Drum Azumarill. I originally used Earthquake on Latios to check Alolan Muk, as it is a clean 2HKO. I did replace it with Surf soon after, though. I used Gothitelle to break Chansey and other walls that could tank Genesis Supernova, but it wasn't too successful.

As a result of Gothitelle being rather circumstantial in Monotype, I replaced it with Meloetta, which was the "final" appearance of the team for a long time. Choice Specs Meloetta could wallbreak Chansey with Deoxys-S's guaranteed Stealth Rock support. It could also cripple Alolan Muk by Tricking it Choice Specs. Around this time I also realized that my Mew set was pretty terrible and switched it to what it is now: double dance with Psychic and Focus Blast. Rock Polish allows it to just destroy offense and Focus Blast was the best single coverage move available.

However, it didn't take long for me to realize I needed more reliable wallbreaking for special walls. Psyshock was just not good enough, and that's when I started the metagame trend of Choice Band Victini, which is just a ridiculous wallbreaker able to 2HKO the entire standard Normal team while also breaking Toxapex + Alolan Muk. To patch up my Speed issue, I changed Meloetta to Choice Scarf, which still outspeeds Choice Scarf Excadrill.

After more testing, I wanted more support against annoying Dark-type threats. That's when I decided to just drop my Mega Evolution completely and use Counter Alakazam to really just beat Alolan Muk, Mega Sharpedo, Bisharp, and Mega Scizor.

Recently Mega Medicham dropped and, as one would expect, it's a complete monster. It takes care of all of my wallbreaking problems, bar Mega Sableye of course, so I immediately switched Victini back to Choice Scarf and took Meloetta out. This ridiculous thing literally just breaks the Normal and Poison defensive cores that Mew cannot. It even comes with Fake Out to mess with offensive teams a little more too. It's pretty much the perfect sixth Pokemon I'd been looking for since January. With this, the team's reached its final version!

The Team

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

The center of the team is Mew. This set broke the metagame for a long time and was the main reason Psychic was one of the best teams around before Mega Medicham took that title. First, Mew has great bulk, 100 / 100 / 100, so it's quite capable of setting up more than once. However, Mew really doesn't need to in most cases thanks to its great Speed tier and insane damage from Genesis Supernova. Just one Nasty Plot allows Genesis Supernova to OHKO any one member of the Flying and Water defensive cores. One Rock Polish allows Mew to outspeed and probably OHKO anything on an offensive team. After Psychic Terrain is set, Psychic does very respectable damage even off of Mew's unimpressive Special Attack. Focus Blast takes out almost anything that thinks it can switch into Genesis Supernova. I should note that Genesis Supernova is so powerful it outdamages Focus Blast even when it's resisted. It's really simple to use: have dual screens up, give it a free switch into something that cannot risk staying in on the stallbreaker set, set up, and then literally just win.

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Every Hyper Offense Psychic team should be using a Deoxys-S and this team is on different. The choice between dual screens and Spikes + Knock Off is usually pretty hard, but there's really no question here. Dual screens is just amazing support for helping Mew set up and sweep safely. It also gives Deoxys-S itself a bit more survivability so that it can set Stealth Rock whenever it needs to. Because Mew completely destroys almost every defensive team, Deoxys-S using dual screens is even better to make offense teams struggle. Other than very specific matchups, Deoxys-S is the perfect lead in almost every situation. Taunt is this team's only form of entry hazard control and Deoxys-S's Speed makes sure it prevents opposing Stealth Rock from coming up most of the time. It also gets Stealth Rock on almost all other leads too, as most leads aren't capable of OHKO it through the relevant screen or Taunting it through its own use of Taunt. Deoxys-S starts the battle off and the team keeps the pressure going.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter

Alakazam is the catchall support. Thanks to Magic Guard, Focus Sash cannot be broken preemptively, so Counter is guaranteed against physical threats. In addition to the threats previously mentioned, it also serves as a check to setup sweepers like Mega Charizard X and still checks Sand Rush Excadrill very nicely. I run 0 Defense IVs and a Hasty nature to make sure Alakazam takes as much as possible from even very weak attacks and Foul Play, maximizing Counter damage and allowing it to take out Mandibuzz and Klefki, if that were something you felt was necessary. The coverage moves are standard fare; Shadow Ball checks Psychic-types that wall Mew's set and Doublade, while Focus Blast hits Steel-types hard. While Alakazam may not make many waves, it's still one of the most important Pokemon to this team.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

The Pokemon on literally 100% of viable Psychic team is here again. While it used to use Choice Band, Choice Scarf Victini is simply the best set here. As a note, while Naive allows Victini to always survive a Heracross's Megahorn even at -1, Hasty is preferred to let it more easily switch into Magearna and check +1 Volcarona. The moveset is nothing special. V-create and Blue Flare break Bug and Steel teams after Araquanid and Heatran are removed. Bolt Strike's great coverage, and U-turn pivots Mew into the walls that think they can beat Victini.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf

Latios is just a nice wallbreaker that keeps the team together. Its Dragon typing and ability Levitate let it switch into a random attacks that might threaten the others. Draco Meteor and Psyshock threaten a lot of defensive cores and help chip away at tanks to let Mew sweep late-game. Surf's coverage is just too good. It hits Heatran, Landorus without drops, and Skarmory along with other miscellaneous targets. I choose not to run Defog on this set because Latios having longevity from Roost is essential and Surf's coverage is too important. Hidden Power Fire is an alternative option I was testing out as well for a while and Earthquake too, but they're more specific and less useful most of the time. Also, the 29 HP IVs is used to minimize Life Orb recoil.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch

Mega Medicham really is the truth. This Pokemon is just so insane. High Jump Kick literally just OHKOes half the metagame and 2HKOes almost all of the rest. It breaks the <insert almost any type> defensive core and lets my many sweepers have a great chance to just run through the opposing team after. Psycho Cut is used over Zen Headbutt to bypass Baneful Bunker Toxapex, allowing Mega Medicham to beat Stall Water completely, since I don't need the extra power when it's doing enough anyway. Fake Out is actually still necessary because it sets up many KOs and lets Mega Medicham combat offense better. Thunder Punch is a coverage move to hit Celesteela without Protect mindgames and still has good coverage. I dabbled in Fire Punch simply to target Doublade on the switch and Steel in general, but it's just not as useful in my experience. Break walls with Mega Medicham and then win with Mew. Super simple stuff.

Conclusion
I do fear that Mega Medicham may not be long for this metagame. However, in just a week it became one of the most essential parts of this team. Its presence is such a huge threat and it's quite insane how it breaks so much for the team that I can drop almost all of my other anti-balance and focus solidly on checking offense. Over the many changes to the team, it's been rather humbling to see how quickly the metagame picks up on my changes and innovations. Seeing older versions of my team always gave me a bit of a laugh.

It's been a long (relatively speaking) ride for me, just over one and a half years, and I can't thank you all enough. I've been playing competitive Pokemon since the very beginning of DPP, but I always just quit after one month to return for another month after a year for the past decade. I've never stayed around before and it's because of all the friends I've made here that I'm still around. I have a very long list of shoutouts to everyone that's been by my side.

Thanks for being here and I hope we continue to work together!

This is mostly just thanks to the many people that have built me up to who I am today. I couldn't be where I am now without everyone here. If I didn't tag you, I swear it's not on purpose and I probably shouldn't have done this late at night.

To everyone (especially those that I no doubt shamefully forgot), thank you for the past year and a half!

Oh yeah, anyone who knows me knows I couldn't write short paragraphs to save my life. Sorry these are so long lol. You already know what's coming.

Monotype
Isza - Is it a bad thing that I'm giving my first shoutout to a banned user? Oh well. I'll never forget what you said back in December 2015 to me. You put me on the road to contributing and giving back to the community. I know for a fact if it weren't for you roasting us every so often, I wouldn't be where I am today. You've done so much for Monotype, and I wish the newer Monotype players could see the way you battled and how you talked about Monotype. You may have moved on to OU now, but you were the goal I wanted to reach for a long time. I wanted to be good enough to battle you on even ground, and while I still haven't gotten there yet, I will one day. You're the best player I personally know, and I know when you're finally unbanned, you'll reclaim your throne. Thanks for pushing me to leave the side server and contribute to Monotype. I would have wasted a lot more of my time there without your insults!

scpinion - You've been gone, but it's almost tradition for me to give a shoutout to someone who doesn't log on anymore for some reason. Everything I do now, be it as a member of the council, as a forum moderator, or just as another Monotype contributor is in a small way an emulation of what I think you would. You've left an unforgettable legacy on our community, so thank you so much for everything! Come back some time?

Sabella - You were the first person I looked up to in the community because you actually gave me the time of day when I was wasting away on Origin. I know you may not think of yourself as someone who's influenced people a lot, but when one of the best players in the community takes the time to talk and battle with you, that means a lot. Even if you didn't know it, I was learning a lot from watching you battle and helping you test out your next successful idea, so I owe you a lot for making me into the battler I am today!

Entei - I never ended up learning why people thought you weren't a nice person and, at some point, realized they were just completely wrong. From the first time I ever saw you even on Origin, you were a respectful and smart guy. I'm really honored I got to know you before your activity dropped. Somehow you always believed in me. Who people might think is a mean, cold-hearted person is actually just someone who has his own way of showing how he cares. I think sometimes it's easy for people to forget how much you've helped Monotype both as a metagame but also in its community, and I don't think you get enough appreciation, so thank you! Stay safe my friend.

Omega-Xis - You really are one of the greatest memers ever. I'm really happy you came back because not only are you a great part of staff, you're hilarious and just a great person to just talk with. Most of the Monotype history I know comes from you and Dirpz, so stick around more please! It's honestly really interesting to hear how Monotype has changed since those bygone eras.

Dirpz - Ah, the other half of the legendary Monotype Meme core. Listening to Lax and buying me for MPL gave me a huge debut as a complete unknown. You didn't even know who I was back then but the memes man. I don't know if you remember, but you encouraged me a lot even when I was just a room voice, and I still value your opinion more than I do for most when it comes to room policy. One of the coolest guys I know, so keep on being awesome.

Lax - I'd been saying I hope you return for my last two RMTs and you're actually back now. You literally started my career last year when you picked me up for MPL even though I'd only been playing for 3 months and didn't do anything special other than play on side servers. I didn't want to disappoint you back then, and that was the beginning of my drive to be the best I could. I don't think I ever said it, so welcome back, and thank you for believing in some random Origin memer.

Arifeen - You were my first role model when it comes to battling and contributing. Although you come in and out of Monotype every so often, it's always great to see you play, so I'm really excited to see you play in MPL. I hope you stay more after it ends. You encouraged me a lot even before I was anyone to talk about, so thanks for being there and pushing me when I was still new to the community.

Zarif - In spite of how much I roast you for shits and giggles, I trust you more than almost anyone else and you're one of my best friends. When I'm up late into the night doing projects and work, it's always fun just to talk with you. Thanks for being around this whole time. I know you don't really care about C&C that much now that you've got your badge, but I hope you do continue to help out! By the way, I swear to god why does literally everyone know now about that one thing you and Clearly roast me about all the damn time. I don't know why I even told you about it omfg...

Shadestep - The memes omg. I'm really glad you came to Monotype because it's been hilarious with you around. Already infiltrated MPL after a year lol. Thanks for all the laughs and great times!

Chras - I pity the people that don't know you because you're like the chillest person around. Talking with you late night keeps me from killing myself with work. Your art is absolutely amazing and I'm really happy for you that you've been able to get into doing something you enjoy. I wish you all the best with that. I know you'll do very well and be successful! Thanks for being such a great friend.

rnbs - Man I was so salty when you hit me with that Hidden Power Ice Mega Diancie. You're one of the best players around, though, and I can't be more honored to be on the council with someone as smart as you. That combined with being a hella nice guy? Man you've really got it all! Thanks for being one of the most friendly people I've met on this site.

Clearly - Did you ever fix your damn computer? Talking with you and the others late at night back in the summer and fall really helped me get through my classes and projects. We don't talk that often and you're a pretty quiet guy, but whenever we do it's a great time. I've got some great memories of just relaxing on Showdown after a long night and just talking about whatever random shit we think of.

Vid - The man who keeps Monotype C&C alive with me. Without you, I don't know what I would do. You care about Monotype a lot more than most people, and it really shows in how much you do for the metagame, not just in C&C but also in room policy and council work. Love talking to you in that one Discord channel, so thanks for being around and helping out this whole time, I really appreciate it.

Paleo - I don't think I've ever seen you get mad, which is something all too valuable. I always know you know what you're talking about and, if I don't think I'm doing something right, I know I can defer to your judgment. Back in last MPL, you were the ORAS player I wanted to beat; too bad I brought some terrible Psychic and got completely bopped. Since then, I've been trying to catch up and get as good as you. Maybe next time I'll have reached that summit.

Acast - I still remember when I found out it wasn't DEG but you that said "Keep on jiggling". I've never lost respect for someone that fast. Nah but for real you're awesome. Whenever I need to make sure I'm not doing something stupid, I know I can send you a quick PM and get a reliable answer. Thanks for being my partner in the forums and friend in the chatroom, you're so much more level-headed than me and always keep me in line.

Bondie - If you would just stop asking me to make you some ridiculous team like, I don't know, Drifblim Flying... Thanks for supporting me ever since I came onto staff. I know I'm a really annoying guy sometimes because I can never just not butt my head into whatever policy discussion we're having, but I'm the kind of guy that has to make sure my opinion's out there. You've been so helpful this whole time, and it's been a pleasure working with you!

czim - Yeah I'm giving you a personal shoutout. Surprised? We disagree so damn much but in the end, I think we both want the same thing for Monotype: to grow and be successful. While I can't agree with you most of the time, I have to respect you for pushing what you believe to be right and trying to be the best room mod you can be. I might hate it, but I gotta ask you for a favor moving forward that I know I can trust you to do. Keep me honest.

Misaka Mikoto - Glad you came back to Monotype from that break. Always fun to talk to you about really anything like Fire Emblem or whatever. When are you getting Tales of Berseria? I've been dying to talk to someone about it for so long. Anyway, thanks for being an awesome friend to moderate the chat with. Sometimes the circlejerk rants about <insert anything> is just a bit too fun.

6ti - We talk all the time, so I won't repeat the other stuff you've seen me say countless, countless times. I see myself in you a lot to be honest. You've got a really bright future ahead of you, both here and in real life, so don't worry so much. Things will turn out fine, so just relax, have fun, and enjoy life. Keep on going man, you're the best! Thanks for being my friend this past year.

Tyke - This may in fact be the first time I've ever tagged you correctly. You've come so far since the first times we talked. I'm honestly really happy for you and I hope you keep on doing well. I'm glad you listened to my advice and made your own efforts to grow. I can't wait to see what limits you'll break past next.

Moosical - I remember being impressed with you ever since Monotype BLT, and you've never stopped impressing me since then. You're a great battler and a great person to be staff alongside with. I think you'll go far man just keep it up! Also, talk to us all more. You're so chill, so stop being shy.

ChildOfDisorder - I know you've been busy lately, so I hope things clear up for you. I miss just chilling and talking about random stuff, so come back soon my man!

Waszap - My oldest friend still here. It's been an insanely long ride. I remember once I told you to fuck me up if I changed, but for some reason you never kept that promise. I know I'm not the same person I was when we ran Phoenix, let alone when I joined Hitmon. But you never turned your back on me even when many of my other older friends did. You've been a bro all the way and never stopped being that friend who wouldn't let you down. From leading Phoenix together, to winning ULC, and now you're also in MPL. I know we don't talk that much anymore, but it's been a really awesome time. You know where to find me for casual talk, so hit me up some time. I don't come on that server very often because I just don't like a lot of the people there, sadly. Huge shoutouts to my boy Phniza aka Alakazap aka the god himself Hm Zap. You're the best friend I've made or probably will ever make in this community. Thank you for all the memories.

iLlama - Hard to believe I was in Hitmon and you in Alliance only one and a half years ago. Thanks for being one of my best friends literally this entire time. It feels like we can literally just talk about anything, and it's been really fun.

Izaya. - Sorry for you know what. You're one of the first people I met in Monotype, and I felt almost sick about it, but you've become one of our best writers for sure. I know you will continue to succeed in C&C and do well. You're a great friend, so thanks for being around since the beginning!

terrors - Never let people talk you down (Except me when you're laddering 1v1). You're an amazing player and a great guy. You don't get enough credit because of who you are friends with, which is a huge shame. I'm proud to have you on the QC team and I was excited to see you be recognized for your hard work that many others refuse to do. It's been really fun talking late at night and watching you ladder. Keep on doing what you're doing and prove all the haters wrong.

C&C
wishes - I literally couldn't ask for a better section leader. You're always so patient with us (The QC team) even when we get a bit inactive, but you also keep us straight and make sure we're staying up to date. I'm really grateful you gave us a chance here in OM Analyses. Thank you for supporting Monotype and me this whole way! I hope we have another great generation.

The Dutch Plumberjack - You're the one I think every new contributor looks up to in some way. I don't know how you do it, but somehow you manage to lead so many sections with such dedication. I feel bad with how awful my GP activity is considering I have much fewer responsibilities than you! You're the kind of person that not only helps with the creation of content but also encourages others to do the same. Thank you for supporting me ever since I was an amchecker and always giving me advice on my mistakes and what to improve on.

P Squared - I actually still have saved all of those suggestions for improvement and really long comments you gave me for my amchecks. Thanks for encouraging me and helping me improve enough to be on the GP team with all of you. I really enjoy proofreading and was actually really enthusiastic about doing it for my hobby, so I swear I'll get back into doing them some time (been saying this for literally half a year now x-x).

GatoDelFuego - I know we don't talk much but my god your memes in the GP Discord are top notch. I lurk like hell there, but know that I laugh at almost everything you put in there. Thanks for having me on the team in spite of how inactive I am already!

fleurdyleurse - Thank you for mentoring me back then! I'm happy I had that opportunity because it was really helpful and I learned a lot. It was also really fun talking about piano and music because I don't know many people even in real life that play and listen to classical music. The songs you linked me were always so easy to just turn on and listen to for some thirty minutes. Anyway, thanks for being a good friend as always!

Haund - I'm super glad you took an interest in Monotype last generation. It's been awesome getting to know you and I hope you do well in MPL. It's always great to see another really nice person participating, so I hope you'll continue to be a part of our community even after the tour ends!

Miscellaneous

The Immortal - There's so much that Monotype owes to you that I probably can't thank you enough in just this. You've done a lot for us even if it's sometimes hard to see it with Monotype being a bit separated from the rest of the Other Metagames community. You're a leader that understands how to make unpopular decisions and take the criticism in stride, and that's something I find all too impressive. You're doing an amazing job! I want to express my deepest thanks for supporting Monotype and trusting me in spite of my ridiculous behavior sometimes.

teal6 - You may not remember me and might be wondering why some random Monotype player tagged you, but I've learned a lot from you. From when I was playing you in RBY for US West tryouts last year to when I was being an absolute numbskull of a tournament host in November, I've tried to learn as much as I could from you. Even small things like watching you make difficult decisions as the head tournament director motivated me to push myself further. Thanks for being a great person for me to look up to time and time again, and I wish you all the best of luck in continuing to lead your section!

The Monotype Conspiracy: Wyn Azelea Chakra Freeroamer iGlack Wanka Balto 1 True Lycan Kammi TheThorn Attribute p2 Ridley. Anttya Ashaury Hammy Confide AV8 North Croven Cell SirSkit Bax SirSkit Its Hatch Yaksok Dak Prescott Seager Jo' Z Ticktick

Other Monotype Friends: StarBlim DoW HNBL KevinELF Bushtush truedrew and generally everyone in that room

Other Metagames Friends: Quantum Tesseract Dream Eater Gengar Chloe. VoltDarkrai Uselesscrab Racool Thimo Catalystic

C&C: Mr. Uncompetitive Sobi Kris Shiba Everyone on the GP team and everyone that does any work for OM Analyses
Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out

How do you normally deal with Mega Sableye?
Ghost and Dark are almost unwinnable matchups for Psychic no matter what you really do unless you seriously cteam, so the answer is I don't because it would jeopardize my other matchups. However, you can sort of push it around with Latios and Victini a bit. Mega Sableye is outplayable but its types are too difficult to beat to warrant any actual attention in my opinion. It helps that both Ghost and Dark are mostly terrible types that are almost completely unused outside of exactly cteaming Psychic in the first place.

I used to run Choice Band Victini before Mega Medicham's release and that also happened to check Mega Sableye because Mandibuzz on Dark and Alolan Marowak on Ghost couldn't switch into it. Tyranitar can technically take two V-creates but it's very easy to chip down with the rest of the team. If Mega Medicham happens to not be usable anymore, I would definitely go back to Choice Band Victini, which would help a lot with beating Mega Sableye.

If you want to drop Alakazam for a Mega Sableye check and rely on Mega Medicham for Poison, Choice Specs Meloetta is pretty decent against Ghost teams in general and can hope for Special Defense drops to beat Mega Sableye. Against Dark, it just gets Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar instantly, so that doesn't work at all. I've seen people try to use Gardevoir this generation, but it's very lackluster in my opinion and doesn't actually do anything useful outside of pretend and fail to check Dark teams. There's really not much you can do about these two matchups simultaneously without completely ruining your other matchups, so it's just not worth it in my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)