Main Match F11: Gluttony [Recap], LightWolf eliminated 8-6 in 11th place
Main Match F10: War Against Sin [Recap], OM room eliminated 9-4 in 10th place
Main Match F9: Lust [Recap], ajhockeystar eliminated 4-2 in 9th place
Main Match F8: Greed, Pt. 2 [Recap], vooper eliminated 7-1 in 8th place
Main Match F7: Wrath [Recap], RedsToad eliminated in 7th place
Main Match F6: Envy [Recap], Isa eliminated 4-2 in 6th place
Main Match F5: Sloth [Recap], Josh eliminated 4-1 in 5th place
Main Match F4: Pride [Recap], SinnerConrad eliminated 2-1 in 4th place
Main Match F3: Conquest [Recap], Duskfall98 wins over Drey and Zorbees!

Votelog

Last edited:
Challenge 13 recap
POV: Drey

13 players entered the game on January 4th. The game ended on Feb 24. This is their story.
Drey, Conrad, Reds are offsite players coming in with no knowledge of the community. Isa and Lightwolf are crossovers from the Genius community and Smogon.
Drookez, Aj, and Hannah are close friends from Pokemon Showdown. They also know Om, Dusk, and Viper, who are all mainstays of the PS/mafia scene on Smogon.
Zorbees is a seasoned mafia and survivor player who will be playing without his usual allies.
Josh is a seasoned mafia player making his foray into a new format.

Challenge 13 was designed to be tricky to navigate socially. In each of the four rounds, three players would be voted by the rest of the cast to advance into the final 12. One player will not receive enough votes to advance. This game can be played with a small group with strong strategy, using available items to their maximum advantage, or can be played with a group of allies who will support you in your quest to advance.

As expected, groups formed quickly. Conrad and Drey clicked well as outsiders of a similar background and time zones. Dusk, Lightwolf, Isa, and Reds formed a European alliance called the Eurotrash. Zorbees and Josh laid low this first challenge and chose to avoid hard alliances, instead planning to drift from group to group.

As all this was happening, a quiet group of 6 players formed an alliance that took up nearly half the game: AJ, Drookez, Hannah, Om, Dusk, and Viper. While Dusk and Viper had their deals on the side, the remaining four were committed solely to each other. Lead by Om and Viper, their plan was to get 2 or 3 people out each turn and avoid going into the fourth and final round.

Drey established herself early as a dangerous social player. Even though her only hard alliance was Conrad, she reached out to many people very early on. While the Big Mafia Alliance was unresponsive to her olive branches, she made early alliances with Reds, Zorbees, Isa, Viper and Josh.

Early into round 1, Viper dropped the fact that his alliance of 6 was working together in the Final 13 challenge. The Big Mafia Alliance, according to Viper, would be going after Isa/Lightwolf/Zorbees as eliminations in the first challenge. Reds also informed Drey that he was working with a group of 4 who were planning to help Reds advance in the final round. She relayed this information to Conrad, but Conrad wanted to advance later in the game, when there would be fewer votes. Feeling powerless without the security of a large alliance, Drey reluctantly concluded that her best shot at advancing was to go along with the advice of her allies and advance with them in a later round.

[10:52 PM] drey1991: Fucking stupid shit
[10:53 PM] drey1991: I'm backed in such a corner I can't do anything but follow
[10:56 PM] drey1991: This girl is not waiting on round 3 to be saved that's for fucking sure
[10:56 PM] drey1991: Good night
Unbeknownst to Drey, a large number of people chose to throw away their votes to avoid getting an ally out too early and to avoid getting an enemy out. Drey advanced in the first round, much to her surprise and against Conrad's plan. She was joined by Aj and Viper, who were backed by their 6 person alliance.

[7:27 AM] drey1991: What the fuck
[7:27 AM] drey1991: That's just too stupid and good for me lmaooo
[7:27 AM] drey1991: Now
[7:28 AM] drey1991: I have to deal with Conrad's being upset/pissed
[7:28 AM] drey1991: When I'm genuinely INNOCENT
Her inadvertent advancement caused Conrad and Reds, who previously were close with her, to suspect her involvement with other alliances. In Round 2, however, Drey held true to her word to her closest ally and voted Conrad to advance. Conrad, who had panicked after his ally (and a potential 3 votes) advanced without him, pushed hard to advance in this round. With a lot of luck (a majority of his votes came from redirects that pretty much had nothing to do with him), Conrad advanced and joined Drey in heaven.

Celebrating their victory, Drey and Conrad laid low in the third round, declining to push for any particular player. Now safe, neither of the couple wanted to overplay their hand and out themselves as a threat.

Round 4 rolled around, with Reds, Zorbees, Josh, and Drookez failing to advance in any of the previous rounds. Reds had the backing of his European alliance, Josh was relatively close to Drey and Conrad, while Zorbees held the strongest item left in the game which nearly guaranteed advancement. Drookez had the strength of his alliance in Heaven.

Om, wanting to control the final vote and secure the safety of his ally Drookez, openly approached all the other advancing players with a plan to stay neutral. The 9 players would coordinate to try to eliminate Zorbees, who nobody was particularly close with.

This did not go down well with Drey.

Realizing that the Big Mafia Alliance would become a massive problem in the game if allowed to persist, Drey made an alliance chat with everyone outside the Big Mafia Alliance with a blunt groupname: Do you want to survive?

[5:15 PM] drey1991: The mafia alliance thinks they are running this game and wants to vote zorbees or red out
[5:16 PM] pancake: If your name is Josh that is good to hear
[5:16 PM] drey1991: And they are protecting without any backing down their precious little droodez
[5:16 PM] drey1991: It is good for now but not good when you are against droodez on a vote out
[5:17 PM] drey1991: So I think that for my game moving forward I have no advantage to eliminate one of zorb or red over droodez
[5:18 PM] drey1991: And I think this can apply to you all as well
With Drey coordinating and with the help of Zorbees' item, Drey, Conrad, Isa, Josh, Reds, and Zorbees enacted a plan that kept Drookez to 6 votes while the other three would be at 9 votes. Even though Drookez negated 3 of those votes for Josh, Drookez nonetheless lost on the tiebreak from relying too heavily on votes from advanced players.

Even though Drookez was entrenched in the biggest alliance in the game, his game suffered from never being anybody's top priority outside of Aj and Hannah. As a result, neither om, nor viper, nor dusk saw his survival as a priority and advanced too early without him. It's unfortunate that I didn't get to see more of Drookez this game, but he was a pleasure to host for the short time that I had him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sz6QRx_e_0O4Ml8pED-8UU18HqeJCq7N5kuMLXX6BA4/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Challenge 12 recap
POV: Lightwolf, Swingers alliance

In this game, each of the players held coins that they must trade to gain points. Players wanted a small number of high value coins. Coins gained in value the more people held them.

Realizing the importance of having a smaller but trustworthy group, Lightwolf took charge and made an alliance chat named "Brexit", which unceremoniously evicted Dusk from the European alliance.

[9:14 AM] LightWolf: 3. Dusk seemingly went around instantly talking to others, so we couldn't trust them for a round with what we held when it can be so easily disrupted with steals. Besides him I do not think many have any big time dealings outside of our sphere. I also think I am stronk in position.
This round, the actions of Lightwolf, Isa, and Reds were coordinated tightly. Every trade that was offered to any of the three were shared with the group and approved by Lightwolf. Lightwolf realized that holding 2 of a widely distributed currency gave the most points, while having a large number of distributed currencies had only a minor penalty. He coordinated the six steals from their alliance effectively, choosing to steal at the same time from players who would likely not trade with them (Zorbees). AXC, ISA, and GEO were distributed widely and netted the alliance a large number of points.

However, Lightwolf's plan was insufficient in the face of Viper, who had decided to act as a garbage disposal for his allies in the game. Viper noted that even if he got last, all he needed was the support of a select few people who did well in the game to win the elimination vote. He took tokens that were negative in value from his allies and boosted them far above what Lightwolf and his alliance was able to achieve.

Miraculously, despite Viper carrying out a strategy that was designed to lose, he came only in second last place. Hannah scored a whopping 200 points lower than anybody else in the game from seriously misunderstanding the game.

[9:35 PM] drey1991: Hannah ... Poor sweet little hannah
[9:37 PM] drey1991: Unless she threw this (which I doubt) she is not suited for these games. I know I'm not the most strategic one here and far from it. But one thing certain I make sure to know the rules
[9:37 PM] drey1991: Which she clearly misunderstood
[9:37 PM] drey1991: If she didn't throw
[9:37 PM] drey1991: And the fact that no one told her
[9:37 PM] drey1991: Is sad
[9:38 PM] drey1991: Like 10 mins before deadline she told me what she had
[9:38 PM] drey1991: And I was like... She is screwed
[9:38 PM] drey1991: But didn't tell her
[9:38 PM] drey1991: She thought it was good at worst!!!!!
As elimination candidate, Hannah chose Zorbees. Zorbees was seen as an easy elimination by the Big Alliance due to a lack of tight connections elsewhere. In fact, 2 hours after the elimination candidate was chosen, Zorbees had already accumulated 8 votes which was more than enough to be eliminated (out of a total of 13 votes). He had alienated himself too far from a large part of the game, and when approaching Drey's group was shot down hilariously:

Without the votes of Drey and Conrad, and with the Big Alliance putting him up for elimination, Zorbees' elimination was arranged quickly.

But as deadline approached, pandemonium ensued. An alliance between Josh, Conrad, and Drey called the Swingers (after their swing vote situation) began discussing whether or not keeping Hannah in the game and keeping the Big Alliance intact was a smart move or not.

At this point in time, there were 6 guaranteed votes for Zorbees (Omx2, AJ, Dusk, Viper, and Josh, who had no intention to give up Hannah so quickly). Brexit had cast their votes for Hannah. Even though Josh had no intention of changing his votes, Conrad and Drey would decide the elimination.

[4:36 PM] Conrad: I just thought too
[4:37 PM] Conrad: the fact that Hannah made that group chat with us 3
[4:37 PM] Conrad: clearly she has a chat with the others
[4:37 PM] Conrad: and feels those votes are rock solid
[4:37 PM] Conrad: and we were the "swing votes" she had to woo
[4:37 PM] Conrad: like she was trying to get in with us through making that chat
[4:38 PM] drey1991: Absolutely
[4:39 PM] drey1991: And she has a read on us being thight
[4:51 PM] Josh: ugh
[4:51 PM] Josh: are you two still around
[4:52 PM] Conrad: yes
[4:52 PM] Conrad: and tbh
[4:52 PM] Conrad: I'm feeling lost
[4:52 PM] drey1991: 8 minutes
[4:52 PM] Conrad: I feel like I've never been so indecisive
Eventually, after discussing for the full hour before the deadline, Conrad and Drey decided that the risk of having the Big Mafia Alliance running a majority in the game outweighed the benefit of having a potentially strong ally. Hannah was voted out in a nailbiter, 7-6.

Hannah played really really well, but challenges were really just not her forte. She had strong alliances and 90% of the time won this vote against Zorbees. Her elimination meant that the Big Mafia Alliance was down to 4 members (and at this time, I renamed their groupchat to "Alliance of Moderate Size"). So far, we've had two shocking and razor-tight eliminations that went against alliance lines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qwhm4GgOulMzBWsSFlMZZinNbeyW_5NRk_ofybWig4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Challenge 11 recap
POV: AJ

A reminder what the alliances are at this time:
The (moderately sized) Mafia Alliance: Om, AJ, Dusk, Viper
The Swingers: Josh, Drey, Conrad
Brexit: Lightwolf, Isa, Reds
With Zorbees (and Conrad to an extent) taking the game round by round, but working mostly with Conrad, Drey, and Isa up to this point.

This challenge was a take on Median Voter literature, with players vying to be in an isolated area to corner hot dog sales. It was designed to have safe and low return options (Beach C, public stands), and unsafe but high return options (Beach A, private stands).

AJ has been playing a very quiet game up until this point, interacting only with people in the Mafia Alliance and being innocuous against Drey's efforts to cull smogon numbers. In this challenge, he placed an early private stand near the center of Beach A. This was a very risky strategy and required social maneuvering to be successful.

Unfortunately, AJ forced an early demise when he was double crossed by Zorbees, who was located nearby and reneged on a deal to force AJ's stand out in round 2. This guaranteed AJ last place and set the foundation for the third consecutive elimination from the largest alliance in the game.

I think a part of AJ's apathy in the game leading up to this point stemmed from the fact that he was never in danger himself. In survivor, everyone is constantly in a threat of being blindsided. This was not true for this format. So AJ had very little to do with the first challenge (where he was able to advance first) and with the second (where he wasn't in immediate danger).

But after being guaranteed elimination candidate, AJ got to work. He approached every player in the game individually and asked who they wanted to see put up. Some were uncommitted. Others, like Zorbees and Conrad, told AJ that they would vote him regardless. But AJ was able to identify a rift in the game that he was able to exploit: Drey's burning desire to see Lightwolf go home for ignoring her early in the game. Since Drey had two votes, AJ chose to put Lightwolf up for elimination.

[8:22 AM] drey1991: I would be happy with lightwolf going here. AJ told me that zorbees told him he would switch with him that's why he did. He might have done the same thing with lightwolf. Zorbees is ignoring me since like yesterday but I feel he might beg for an extra tol?
[9:34 AM] Josh: Wolf could go, sure
[9:38 AM] drey1991: I won't fight for it
[9:38 AM] drey1991: Since we are all safe I think we should try to lay low
Convinced that this was his best shot at earning Drey's support in the vote, AJ began whipping votes from his allies. While he wasn't sure at all about Duskfall's support especially against a fellow European, AJ felt like Dusk was trustworthy enough and slighted enough by the other Europeans to come firmly to the Mafia alliance's side. With support of the Mafia alliance (Dusk x3, viper, om), Drey x2's support against Lightwolf, and Josh's 1 vote, AJ went into the vote quite confident about a 8 vote core.

3:05 PM] ajhockeystar: oddly enough this whole being on the block thing has been the most fun I've had this whole game
[3:06 PM] ajhockeystar: I should really have socialized more before
[3:06 PM] ajhockeystar: let's hope I can make it through then carry on with this lmao
[3:07 PM] ajhockeystar: so my list has now been updated to:
[3:07 PM] ajhockeystar: Need 8
With:
Josh
Viper
OM
drey- 2

Against:
Isa
LW
Zorbees

Likely with:
Dusk- 3

Could go either way:
reds

Likely against:
conrad- 2
The votes went as expected for AJ with nobody breaking rank. AJ survived the vote with a calculated 8-6, and Lightwolf was sent home.

Lightwolf was seen as the leader of the European alliance and a threat in the main matches. He was a highly strategic player, throwing the F11 challenge after he realized that he had no shot at getting a TOL in an attempt to look like Zorbees betrayed him. Lightwolf's social game outside of the Europeans was lackluster, and his relationships with Dusk and Drey could have saved him if he worked on them more. I enjoyed hosting him greatly.

Challenge 10 recap:
POV: Isa

This challenge was a DnD simulation that players could affect and had to bet on the outcome.

Isa was close with the recently eliminated Lightwolf. Now with only an inactive Reds to depend on, Isa started feeling nervous as the numbers turned against him and his game. Though he worked with Conrad in previous challenges, Isa knew that to survive longer he'd have to branch out. Thankfully, not much work was needed there. Duskfall reached out to Isa prior to the challenge start and offered to work together. Isa happily agreed.

[12:31 PM] Isa: full disclosure im going to try to cooperate with duskfall this MM and we may go for the same champion
[12:31 PM] Reds: I mean, you get 4 tokens but you can use only 2 on same champion
[12:31 PM] Isa: yes
[12:31 PM] Isa: but i want to flip duskfall
[12:31 PM] Isa: so far he has voted 100% with other alliance
[12:31 PM] Isa: so i want to invest in him a bit here
After looking at the challenge, Isa concluded that the best way to get safe points was to pair up and buff the same peasant. Optimally, there would be two pairs which would use up all four buff tokens. He shared this strategy with Dusk, who happily agreed but said that he had already agreed to select the same champion as Viper. Realizing that Reds also hadn't chosen a champion yet, Isa offered to have Reds/Viper pair up while he and Dusk would pair up as well.

Dusk went back to the Mafia alliance with this info. AJ and Om paired up as well as a result of copying this strategy. As a result of AJ and Om's sway in the mafia alliance, they were able to convince the other four to include them in a strategy to coordinate the buffs of all six players. As a result, the champions that this group chose had the highest stats in the game.

When the submissions, the Swingers saw the coordination between the mafia alliance and the remaining two Euros, and glumly prepared themselves for elimination.

[7:29 PM] Conrad: from their buff submissions
[7:29 PM] Conrad: it looks like the six of them all coordinated
[7:30 PM] Conrad: which is, even fucking more terrifying
[7:30 PM] Josh: that is very not good
[7:34 PM] drey1991: they are all so fake
However, players quickly realized that it was no use having strong champions if their predictions were off. Isa's prediction list was shared with Reds, and he also gave vague advice to Viper and Dusk. As a result, Isa and Viper got TOLs, while Reds and Dusk narrowly missed out. However, even though AJ and Om was involved with the circle buffing strategy, the mafia alliance did not worry enough about the prediction list. As a result, AJ and Om's prediction lists were way off the mark, and finished second-last and last respectively.

Om being elimination candidate was a joy to Isa, who had been trying to whittle down the Mafia alliance since the start of the game. He decided to flex on Om and secure the elimination of a Mafia alliance member. Four people had doubled votes as a result of doing well in the challenge: Isa, Josh, Zorbees, and Viper. With only 13 votes cast, an alliance of three people who had doubled votes would guarantee majority.

pancakeLast Saturday at 10:22
If you reds drey zorbees and conrad agree, I want to go to OM and tell him to put Dusk up or he dies
in a nice way of course
IsaLast Saturday at 10:22
you just need
me you zorbees
to guarantee it
13 votes
you me zorb have 6
pancakeLast Saturday at 10:23
That's only 6
IsaLast Saturday at 10:23
whoever is challenged
votes with us too
thats 7
pancakeLast Saturday at 10:23
Oh, yep
Josh approached Zorbees about the deal, and so a temporary alliance of Josh/Zorbees/Isa was formed. Om was told that he had to put dusk or AJ up, or he would be eliminated. Unsure of the veracity of this threat and unwilling to betray his allies, Om attempted to explain his tough decision to the mafia alliance.

11:58 AM] OM: fuckin hell
[11:58 AM] OM: I think only way to save myself is to put up dusk but idk if that's a good idea
12:01 PM] OM: also dusk they have you out for BLOOD
[12:01 PM] Duskfall98: "I'm here you know"
[12:01 PM] Duskfall98: What?
[12:01 PM] Duskfall98: Why?
[12:01 PM] vooper: Gimme a full list of people
[12:01 PM] vooper: We are solving this game
[12:01 PM] OM: "Dusk has been an awful ally in first two games and I want him gone"
[12:02 PM] OM: - reds
[12:02 PM] Duskfall98: Put up reds then
[12:02 PM] OM: "So I have done some messaging, and I very much want Dusk out for playing all sides"
[12:02 PM] OM: - Josh
[12:02 PM] OM: sigh
12:23 PM] OM: ok I'm putting drey up
[12:23 PM] vooper: I think I can get
[12:23 PM] Duskfall98: No don't
[12:23 PM] vooper: Conrad and red
[12:23 PM] Duskfall98: Don't put up drey
[12:23 PM] vooper: Dusk get isa
[12:23 PM] vooper: And we are fine
[12:23 PM] OM: put up WHO then
[12:23 PM] OM: you, duskfall?
2:37 PM] vooper: Either way we need isa on our side
[2:37 PM] vooper: Or we can’t win
[2:37 PM] OM: isa isn't
[2:37 PM] OM: going to be on our side
[2:38 PM] OM: it looks like he only wants
[2:38 PM] OM: one of dusk / aj
[2:38 PM] Duskfall98: Isa wants to dismantle this
[2:38 PM] Duskfall98: Tbh
[2:38 PM] Duskfall98: If it's weakened the game changes
Om's choices were his allies AJ/Dusk, Reds (who was tight with Isa), Conrad, and Drey. Conrad had worked with Om and Viper in the past. Drey was a possibility, but she had asked Dusk to push OM to nominate her. Her confidence in her ability to defeat Om in a vote scared the mafia alliance off from nominating her.

Ultimately, rather than betraying his alliance, Om decided to take a shot in the dark and hope that Josh would align with the mafia group as he did in the last two votes. He nominated Reds. As Josh sided with Isa, who in turn had no intention to sacrifice his only remaining hard ally, Om was voted out 9-4.

Om was an interesting player. He power played the first two challenges for the Mafia alliance, but was unable to stop his allies from losing or getting sent home. He held strong social capital, but it was with people who performed poorly in challenges and therefore didn't have as many votes. It was a pleasure hosting Om.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uIqXJJCgbpQAhRO7QJ7PiOgBZMuzLV-kJAd9Fh1TzL8/edit#gid=0

Challenge 9 recap:

This challenge was a series of flash games, where players divided themselves up into teams. The losing team produced the elimination candidates which the winning team voted on.

The mafia alliance was in shambles. Left with only Viper, Dusk, and AJ, they had too few people to be a threat, but still somehow had a target on their heads from...I guess residual fear from when they comprised half the game. Duskfall in particular was in very bad shape. He had just not only watched Om go home, but watched Om genuinely consider putting him up as an easy victory. When talking to Josh and Isa last round, both told Dusk to his face that they would vote him if he was put up. Josh didn't feel like the two of them worked together a lot, while Isa called Dusk out for working with too many people and for only reaching out to Isa at opportune times. Dusk knew that his social game was unraveling.

Dusk was considered at this point in time as a social threat who was able to play all sides. Given contemporaneous developments, this was just not true. Josh's closest allies, for instance, were at this time AJ (mafia camp), Isa and Reds, as well as Drey and Conrad. He had close ties to every faction in the game, and was considered by both the euros and the swingers as their closest friend. Zorbees had worked with pretty much everyone in the game, Drey was incredibly social (although she was consistently frustrated by her inability to establish a working relationship with the mafia camp). I think that the depiction of Dusk as a two-faced social player was just a strategic move by Josh/Zorb/Isa last round to guarantee the elimination of a mafia alliance.

Regardless of the reason for his situation, Dusk knew that he needed to go on a TOL streak. Since the mafia alliance were comparatively stronger at flash games than the rest of the game, Dusk and Viper quickly identified that they (plus AJ) needed to get on the same team. That way, if all went according to plan, they could secure the fates of all three players if they could make sure that their team did not get last. Dusk and Viper signed up together, and told AJ to do the same.

But then, a mere two minutes before AJ was able to come online, Drey made a snap decision to join Dusk and Viper's team, thereby robbing AJ of the last spot on the mafia alliance's team.

11:12 AM] drey1991: ok so
[11:12 AM] drey1991: I joined Viper's and Dusk's team
[11:12 AM] drey1991: One of you need to join red's team and the other needs to join Aj's team IMO
[1:53 PM] Josh: I have done
[1:53 PM] Josh: I would rather your team gets last, personally
[1:53 PM] Josh: I really want Drey and Vooper out
The swingers alliance demonstrated a really high strategic awareness more than any other alliance in the game. With an alliance like Drey, Conrad, and Josh, none of the three were really in danger of being voted out against anybody outside of the alliance. So long as the three of them weren't stuck on the same team, then, there was no danger since they would win against whoever they were up against, even if their team lost. The euros and the mafia alliance didn't have the same social capital, and so couldn't replicate the strategy. But even then, I think that given the relative weakness of Reds and Isa at this challenge, the two of them should have split up so that even if (e.g.) Isa's team lost, Isa at least had a chance to get first on his team and earn a TOL, and even if he didn't, Reds at least had a vote to help him out.

After AJ was blocked from joining his team of choice, Conrad joined Reds/Isa while Zorb/AJ/Josh were on team C. Conrad identified that Kanyezone was the most important game due to the tiebreaker mechanic, and somehow worked out a strategy for the game that allowed him to get and maintain first place almost effortlessly. Josh found his stride in Love, while Viper was able to game multitask by having his sister play with him.

Someone in each team found a game that they were good in, and this contributed to a very even match between the three groups. As time for the challenge wound down, the teams were tied 4-4-4 in points, but AJ's team would lose on the tiebreak. Dusk and Viper had no way to help their friend.

Less than three hours before the deadline for the challenge, AJ (while in call with me and a few other friends) realized that lagging his computer made multitask slow, but quite trivial to beat. The decreased speed of his computer made the objects easy to react to, and turned what was supposed to be a game of focus and reaction into an endurance test. AJ opened up every application on his computer and went to work, lagging the game to maybe a quarter of its usual speed. Thirty minutes in, AJ had barely passed 7 minutes of ingame time, and realized that he was almost guaranteed the high score in multitask. But now AJ had a problem: Since Viper currently held the top score in Multitask, dethroning Viper would mean that Viper's team would be sent to elimination. This was an untenable result for AJ. The game by now was moving so slowly that AJ could literally tab out for a while and come back to the next frame, so he messaged Viper asking him whether or not he should just aim for second place in Multitask. However, this distraction caused AJ to lose in Multitask, and netted him a score of only 590.

There was still time before the challenge finished, so AJ kept at it. As slow as the game became, AJ became more and more distracted by conversations in his voice call and by discord messages. Additionally, the lag on his computer was eating inputs and made it difficult to gauge what commands he actually entered into the game. He lost three times more, but while he previously was lucky to get to 200, he was now getting consistent scores over 500. But each attempt cost AJ upwards of half an hour. He was cutting it very close to the deadline of the challenge.

About thirty minutes before the deadline hit, AJ lost again in his game, and realized that his next attempt would be his last. AJ closed out of all his applications and played the game at normal speed until the game got difficult, at which point he started opening applications and lagging his computer. He was now not only fighting to get a high score in the game, but to do it before the deadline for the challenge ran out. As the game got to 240 ingame seconds, AJ was playing at the lag speed he was at previously. Nobody else in the game was fighting for top scores at this time: if AJ got this score, then he would save his team and himself from elimination.

As the ingame timer approached 600 ingame seconds, AJ realized that there was only 6 minutes left in the challenge, and began risking his game by closing out of applications to speed up again. Minecraft, twitch, and discord were all closed, and while I and some other friends were watching his attempts live, we now could only wait and refresh the high score leaderboard hoping not to see his name come up.

Time ticked down, I revealed to a very anxious Reds that AJ was on a multitask run that might beat his score. One minute before the deadline, we got a text: it was AJ, and he had fallen short of the required score by 40 points, the game was too fast for him to keep up.

As a result, AJ and Zorbees were put up for elimination. Viper and Dusk sided with AJ, as well as Josh but he did not have a vote. The others made a relatively painless decision to eliminate AJ. He was sent home 4-2. And somehow, miraculously, after everything he went through last round, Dusk found a way for his game to get even worse.

The evening before the vote:
6:02 PM] hal: @Duskfall98
[6:02 PM] hal: it's confessional time
[6:02 PM] hal: whats going on with your alliances
[6:02 PM] Duskfall98: Who the fuck knows LMAO
[6:02 PM] Duskfall98: Viper is hard
[6:02 PM] Duskfall98: Drey is second best
[6:02 PM] Duskfall98: AJ is dead
[6:02 PM] Transmuter: :Tympole:
AJ was an infinitely fun player to watch and to root for. I think in this particular game, he was held back by a survivor mentality, where he only socialized with other players during the votes. In a game with social main matches like this, relationships were built and tested during a different phase of the game than what he prioritized. Regardless of any of that, it was particularly upsetting to see AJ go home in a round like this, where he missed out on his team of choice by mere minutes and lost the challenge on a matter of minutes. But I think what I enjoy most about the way AJ plays the game is the grace with which he wins or loses. He was a very enjoyable player to host, and as unlucky as his existence was this game, I'm glad that I got to have him in my game!

Challenge 8 recap:

The main match for this round was a puzzle of sorts. Players were presented with 5 lottery machines and were told to maximize their payoff over two sets of 75 pulls each. Different lottery machines had different payoff structures: the important machines were Bandit 2, Bandit 4, and Bandit 5. Bandit 2 had a global cycle on 95/95/120, Bandit 4 had the highest mean at 110, Bandit 5 cycles on the hour and maxed out at around 107.

There were a few key plays in this round. An alliance of Reds/Josh/Isa had formed, with the latter two really pulling through for their ally. Josh was the first to finish all of their round 1 pulls. Isa soon followed, aided by Josh’s information, though the tw ended up using the lotteries pretty much randomly. They soon discovered, however, that pulls beyond 75 were still possible, which allowed for experimentation.

[5:09 PM] Isa: @hal
[5:09 PM] Isa: can we use all 150 pulls now
[5:10 PM] Isa: or do we have to wait
[5:10 PM] hal: :eyes:
[5:10 PM] Isa: mr pls
[5:11 PM] Isa: like you should be able to answer this
[5:11 PM] Josh: lmao
[5:11 PM] Isa: whatever
[5:11 PM] Josh: !pull4
[5:11 PM] BOTBandit: @Josh, You have pulled the fourth bandit and got 101
[5:11 PM] BOTBandit: @Josh, You have pulled too many times, and your score was not updated.
[5:11 PM] Isa: i'll not pull anything else until the deadline then
[5:11 PM] Isa: oh
[5:11 PM] Josh: yolo
[5:11 PM] Isa: what wait
[5:11 PM] Isa: thats insane
[5:12 PM] Isa: you can pull for red
[5:12 PM] Josh: SO WE CAN EXPERIMENT>?
[5:12 PM] Josh: LOL
[5:12 PM] Isa: rofl
Josh and Isa cracked Bandit 5, and didn’t pay a lot of attention to the other four bandits. They found the time window where Bandit 5 could be pulled for maximum points, and told Reds to abuse it. Reds therefore averaged a nice 107 over the first 75 pulls.

Meanwhile, Drey was also experimenting with a lot of different bandits, but she focused mostly on Bandits 3 and 4. Drey changed the landscape of the game dramatically when she discovered that Bandit 4 averages at around 110, which was higher than what the maximum of Bandit 5 would yield. She relayed this information to everyone, but later regretted doing so.

[3:53 PM] drey1991: I did that fucking stupid thing
[3:53 PM] drey1991: Where I helped everyone
[3:53 PM] drey1991: -_-
[3:53 PM] drey1991: And now I'll lose because of it LMAO
[3:53 PM] drey1991: Beginners mistake
[12:39 PM] drey1991: FUCK
[12:39 PM] drey1991: That was such a fucking mistake
[12:39 PM] drey1991: Hopefully Conrad gets first and save my ass
[12:43 PM] drey1991: So stupid
[12:43 PM] drey1991: Sigh
[3:30 PM] drey1991: I never help anyone ever again
[3:30 PM] drey1991: Fuck off
Armed with this information, Drey, Josh, Isa, Reds, as well as Dusk and Viper spent their entire second set of 75 pulls on Bandit 4. The placement between them was determined by how many pulls they “wasted” before going onto bandit 4 in cycle 1, and by RNG.

Going into this game, I knew that the game didn’t distinguish well between groups of people who had mediocre strategy. However, over 150 pulls, strategies that were clearly better than the others would always win. Conrad was able to realize the winning strategy for the game, and enlisted Zorbees’ help in doing so.

[12:25 AM] Conrad: @zorbees
[12:25 AM] Conrad: I think I have a way to guarantee you first
[12:26 AM] Conrad: if you and I can be online at the same time
[12:26 AM] Conrad: and you don't use anymore pulls
As it turns out, Bandit 2 operated in such a way that if you have a partner who had already finished their set of pulls, you could actually rig the bandit so that the partner would get 120 every time. Conrad approached Zorbees with this information.

3:59 PM] Conrad: Heyo
[3:59 PM] Conrad: Sorry to keep you waiting
[4:00 PM] Conrad: Not sure if this idea will work, but if so, you should get a lot of money
[4:00 PM] Conrad: And we can week it between us and you can help me out next round
[4:00 PM] Conrad: Basically, we can keep pulling after we hit our limit
[4:01 PM] Conrad: It just doesn't affect our scores
[4:01 PM] Conrad: What I'm wondering is
[4:01 PM] Conrad: If I pull 95 twice
[4:01 PM] Conrad: And then you go
[4:01 PM] Conrad: And we keep doing that
[4:01 PM] Conrad: Could we get you 44 120s?
[4:01 PM] zorbees: i think the only issue with that is
[4:02 PM] zorbees: i wouldnt get 44 120s because that would require you to pull 88 95s and you only have 75 pulls
[4:02 PM] zorbees: but it'd definitely be a good start
[4:02 PM] Conrad: No no you're not getting it
[4:02 PM] Conrad: Rn that I'm done with pulls
[4:02 PM] Conrad: I can still pull in the bandit room
[4:02 PM] zorbees: oh i didnt know that
[4:02 PM] Conrad: Without it affecting my score
Conrad is a cynical, highly intelligent, strategic player. He had aimed deliberately the past few rounds to get the worst possible placement to still get a TOL and was obsessed with being underestimated by the other players. This is I think the first time Conrad played to his actual potential in a main match, and he found something that none of his 7 other competitors found. Working with Zorbees allowed him to expand his sphere of influence beyond Drey/Josh/Viper, and he found Zorbs to be a tight lipped and willing co-conspirator.

As a result of their strategy and collaboration, Conrad got first place in this match, followed by Zorbs, while Viper who spent his entire first 75 pulls on Bandit 2 without any strategy found himself far behind the pack.

While Viper tried his hardest to gain votes here, he found himself in a seriously difficult spot. With AJ leaving last round, Viper’s alliance consisted of him and Dusk, with Conrad an occasional ally but not a friend to look to in hard times. He pitched himself to be saved hard to Dusk and Josh, but both Dusk and Josh realized that there was no chance that Viper would live past this round, especially as Conrad (who had two votes this eviction) declined to save him. He was voted out by a vote of 7-1.

Viper betrayed the Mafia alliance from the very start by giving Conrad the exact details and membership of their MM1 plans. Word spread, and the information he gave to Conrad was fuel to send Mafia home one after another until it was finally Viper’s time to go. He overestimated the favor that this information would give him, while underestimating the importance of the information he was selling. Regardless, Viper did well in holding the Mafia alliance together even when it was crumbling, and had a major hand in dictating the course in the early game as a mafia vs. outsiders dynamic.

Last edited:
F7 Recap

This main match was a combat game, where players controlled ships and were incentivized to engage in combat in order to get upgrades and additional health.

Reds decided to leave after round 1 of this game, so there’s not much to say. As painful as this main match was to process from a mod standpoint, it remains a disappointment to me that I didn’t get to see this game play out. I thought that the game was well balanced and with a lot of room for strategy and predictions and alliances. However, due to the quit, the only reasonable decision to be made was to cut the challenge short.

Reds was a pleasure to host. While he commented on several occasions that he did not enjoy the vote-out structure of this game, he clearly tried his best to stay in regardless. It’s unfortunate that due to a number of factors he chose to leave the game, but I appreciate his grace, circumstances considered.

F6 Recap

This game was a modified version of 6nimmt with a mechanic were multiple rounds were played at the same time, and cards could be stolen from other players.

Welcome to the Conrad show. As the number of players wound down, Conrad decided that this would be his time to shine. Conrad spent what must’ve been an incredible amount of time formulating a strategy for his alliance of himself, Josh, and Drey. As far as I can tell, the strategy consisted of controlling exactly what happens in the first two hands, stealing from each other to know exactly what card was played in the third hand, and coordinating steals to maximize the chance of doing damage. The group also held on to a lot of bad cards in order to return them with steals. I’m honestly not even entirely sure the mechanics of the strategy, but it worked very well. Up until the final round, I think the three combined took only one point from cards. Conrad made a major simple miscalculation in the final round which cost him TOL, but regardless it was still a very enjoyable game to watch from the Swingers perspective.

Conrad was absolutely the brains behind the alliance this challenge, and Josh and Drey (neither of whom have a history of sheeping) just went along with his complicated plans.

2:58 PM] Conrad: Guys

[2:58 PM] Conrad: getting a sense that you both don't fully get this game at this point

[2:58 PM] Conrad: I'm going to try to work on something

[2:58 PM] Conrad: that's a coordinated move for all 3 of us

[2:58 PM] Conrad: which I'll then list here

[2:58 PM] Conrad: for y'all's approval

[2:58 PM] Conrad: I think this is the best way to play this game, openly and in tandem

[2:59 PM] Conrad: this is a good round for us to come together

[2:59 PM] Conrad: and I think I can come up with something to all of our benefits

[2:59 PM] Conrad: gonna look it over now

[3:05 PM] drey1991: I understand this game mister, sit down

[3:06 PM] drey1991: Please share as you go

[3:06 PM] drey1991: Also

[3:06 PM] drey1991: I just don't have time to work on coordination

[3:06 PM] drey1991: And don't arrive 10 mins before deadline

[3:06 PM] drey1991: With this is what we should do

10:24 AM] Conrad: I just wanted to check in with Josh about it

[10:24 AM] Conrad: since the strat relies on us playing numbers close together

[10:25 AM] Conrad: and Josh playing the lowest number, so he can take some points so we don't have to

[10:25 AM] Conrad: it's the most fullproof way to guarantee Drey and I getting top 2, which means we'll have control of the votes

[10:25 AM] Conrad: and Isa is so far behind, Josh can take some points without falling into last

[10:26 AM] Conrad: but it was an idea Josh had to be cool with for us to go ahead with it
4:08 PM] Conrad: okay so

[4:08 PM] Conrad: brief overview for my steal strategy

[4:08 PM] Conrad: it was twofold

[4:08 PM] Conrad: I tried for us to pick numbers that

[4:08 PM] Conrad: they might play round 1

[4:08 PM] Conrad: so that the others incur the 5 point penalty

[4:09 PM] Conrad: I also tried to pick higher numbers

[4:09 PM] Conrad: so that, if they don't play them

[4:09 PM] Conrad: we'll have that control of having more of the higher numbers

[4:09 PM] Conrad: later on
[5:47 PM] drey1991: Will you be on tomorrow before deadline is over?

[5:47 PM] drey1991: at the same time I trust you

[5:47 PM] drey1991: you delivered big time
Isa suffered from poor play, bad luck, and really just getting ganged up on by Conrad. While he toyed with the idea of nominating Conrad, he eventually nominated Zorbees.

As simple as this vote should be, there ended up being a ton of drama behind the scenes. Conrad, who felt that Isa was gunning for him the entire game and was delighted at the chance of sending him home, started gloating about his imminent victory to his alliance.

[10:11 AM] Conrad: yeah I def agree

[10:11 AM] Conrad: it's a dream come true for me

[10:11 AM] Conrad: I have 0 qualms, 0 hard feelings

[10:11 AM] Conrad: 100% excitement

[10:11 AM] Conrad: for his pain

[10:11 AM] drey1991: A dream come true...

[10:11 AM] drey1991: Ncnfndksns

[10:11 AM] drey1991: Conrad omfg

[10:12 AM] Conrad: I hope he cries today

[10:12 AM] Conrad: no joke

[10:12 AM] Conrad: I WANT HIM TO WEEP
This really, really pissed Drey off.

12:35 PM] drey1991: Ok I need to vent

[12:35 PM] drey1991: Got in an argument with Conrad again

[12:35 PM] drey1991: His vendetta on Isa is so intense and a part of me can't help to think that this whole freaking thing is mostly because of what I did

[12:36 PM] drey1991: I wanted them to go after one another so that Isa wouldn't go after me

[12:36 PM] drey1991: I know that Conrad wanted to gain points with the Isa/Red/Zorbees side in the beginning and it pissed me off

[12:36 PM] drey1991: I don't know if it's solely based on how I bad mouthed Conrad to Isa but this is were be are now

[12:37 PM] drey1991: And I understand that they don't like each other and stuff

[12:37 PM] drey1991: But Conrad being Conrad, he can be an heartless bitch sometimes

[12:38 PM] drey1991: And even though Isa and I don't align in game or whatever, I still care about him and his well-being. So it pisses me off that Conrad is saying mean things about Isa just because he is pissed that game wise he wasn't able to make it work

[12:39 PM] drey1991: And I can be a bitch too sometimes, have been in the past, have been in this game. But nothing infuriating me most than someone acting like conrad is acting rn could win the game

[12:40 PM] drey1991: Conrad and I developed a friendship just before this game started and I knew how he was from previous talks with other people. He's just so polarizing. I know he can be a good person but when he acts like this it gets to me. I'm very territorial over the people I care about and even if Isa and I aren't that close I find it unfair and I want to protect him.

[12:40 PM] drey1991: And when I get like this I can act very emotionally and that's why I'm considering saving Isa right now just to give conrad a big fuck you to his nasty behavior

[12:41 PM] drey1991: (Also fucking hell what a show for you Hal if that happened)

[12:41 PM] hal: :eyes:

[12:41 PM] drey1991: I know it may fucked my game but I don't care

[12:41 PM] drey1991: I rarely care about winning

[12:42 PM] drey1991: I care about "justice" and Isa played a good game even if he had a lot going on IRL.

[12:42 PM] drey1991: Zorbees also played a good game and the number of time he was in danger of being eliminated and survived is just INSANE

[12:43 PM] drey1991: I feel like if I eliminated Isa here Conrad has a big chance of winning this whole thing. And right now as I am pissed off I feel like I don't want that
As time wound on, votes came in and Conrad kept his mouth shut. Isa was eliminated by Drey, Conrad, Josh, Zorb.

Isa was a joy to host, I greatly enjoyed watching him play. He benefitted from the focus on the Mafia alliance, but on several times reached out to work with them. He lead Reds for the duration that he was in the game, and consistently performed well in main matches and understood the strategies early on.

F5 recap

This was an endurance game that had elements of coordination and “press your luck” strategy.

This game had an asymmetric start due to timezones. While Drey, Zorbs, Conrad, and Josh were CST-EST, Dusk was something like 8 hours off in Ireland. It’s not decisive whether or not this setup benefitted dusk (I think so, dusk did not).

Essentially, Dusk had a window of time when America was asleep to rack up points. Unfortunately, he pressed his luck too hard the first day and lost out on a massive 180 minute claim to Conrad. Going into the second day down a lot of points, Dusk was quite certain he was being sent home. Almost everyone (he thought) would nominate him and win, because of his massive jury presence. All the members of the Mafia Alliance were inclined to vote for him in the final 3 challenge, and the players were quickly running out of time to execute Dusk’s elimination.

Early on, a strategy was suggested by Josh where nobody would post after one of Dusk’s posts. This strategy would essentially block Dusk from gaining any points from the rest of the challenge. In fact, Josh was so confident that he asked me to end the game early after coming up with this strategy.

However, this strategy required the coordination of all four players. One disagreed.

[2:02 PM] Conrad: Hey guys
[2:02 PM] Conrad: I don't really wanna do this tbh
[2:02 PM] Conrad: I don't really feel it's in the spirit of this ORG at all
[2:02 PM] Conrad: to lock someone out like that
[2:02 PM] Conrad: I never wanted this ORG to be one wherein
[2:02 PM] Conrad: the Main Match didn't matter cause there was a "house target"
[2:02 PM] Conrad: and my philosophy hasn't changed
[2:02 PM] Josh: that's kinda the point of having allies and building relationships
[2:03 PM] Josh: if he put himself in his position this is on him
[2:03 PM] Conrad: well he hasn't
[2:03 PM] Conrad: because I'm not a dick
[2:03 PM] Conrad: and I'm not gonna enact this strategy
[2:03 PM] Josh: :-(
[2:03 PM] Conrad: I have too much respect for the players left
[2:03 PM] Conrad: I wouldn't do this to any of you, and I'd be sad if any of you did it to me
[2:03 PM] Josh: hes a good player, and i like him as a person
[2:03 PM] Josh: that's the point?
[2:04 PM] Josh: the whole threat management etc
[2:04 PM] Conrad: then beat him in this game fair and square then
[2:04 PM] Josh: I'm coming st this from a survivor pov
[2:04 PM] Josh: it is fair and square...
[2:04 PM] Josh: it's in the rules of the game, its fully allowed
[2:04 PM] Conrad: I feel it's a dirty take on the rules personally
[2:04 PM] Conrad: and a lazy one
[2:04 PM] Conrad: I know the challenge is "Sloth"
[2:04 PM] Conrad: but still
[2:04 PM] Josh: you're too honorable my friend
[2:05 PM] Josh: we have very different philosophies on what constitutes good play
[2:05 PM] Conrad: or you're not honorable enough? lol
[2:05 PM] Conrad: to make the final 5 after all this hard work
[2:05 PM] Conrad: and to have 0 chances because the other four team up on you
[2:05 PM] Conrad: that isn't the ORG I signed up for my friend
[2:05 PM] Conrad: this isn't survivor
[2:06 PM] Josh: it's also not genius
[2:06 PM] Conrad: it just takes one other person to beat him on merit tho
[2:06 PM] Conrad: if you want him out so badly, beat him
[2:06 PM] Josh: the whole point is putting himself in a position where hes too big of a threat
[2:06 PM] Josh: It's an error in his game play to get to that point
[2:07 PM] Conrad: it's an error in his gameplay that he came in with a crew of people?
[2:07 PM] Josh: and played a good social and challenge game?
[2:07 PM] Josh: yes, it is
[2:07 PM] Conrad: he played a solid game
[2:07 PM] Conrad: one where I'm not gonna end it on a dirty note
[2:07 PM] Josh: which is why I came up with a plan to bear him
[2:07 PM] Josh: it's not dirty
[2:07 PM] Conrad: for, at least, what to me is dirty
[2:07 PM] Conrad: it's subjective
[2:08 PM] Conrad: I feel everyone deserves a chance
[2:08 PM] Josh: are you also the kind of player that would never lie on survivor?
[2:08 PM] Conrad: no
[2:08 PM] Conrad: lol
[2:08 PM] Conrad: what
[2:08 PM] Josh: those archetypes NEVER win for a reason
[2:08 PM] Josh: but you're calling playing within the rules of a challenge dirty
[2:08 PM] Conrad: you're being borderline condescending rn
[2:08 PM] Josh: not even bending the rules
[2:08 PM] Josh: I'm not trying to be
[2:08 PM] Josh: I'm just incredulous we have such different approaches
[2:08 PM] Conrad: you don't have to tell me that you need to lie to win survivor :rolling_eyes:
[2:09 PM] Conrad: I'm incredulous at your approach to this game here
[2:09 PM] Josh: trying to win in a challenge and get the outcome I want?
[2:09 PM] Conrad: how you're going about it, yeah
[2:10 PM] Conrad: anyways you can give up, I'm never going to agree on this one
[2:10 PM] Conrad: I thought about it and there's something strongly urging me
[2:10 PM] Conrad: from within
[2:10 PM] Conrad: that it's not right
[2:10 PM] Conrad: and I have to follow my gut on that
[2:10 PM] Josh: it's fine, it's not q big deal
[2:10 PM] Josh: dont sweat it
[2:11 PM] Conrad: only one of you needs to crack the top two anyways
Then, the next day during USA nighttime, Dusk pulled a massive amount of points, catapulting him from last to first with a health 100 point lead. Worried that Dusk would secure the sole TOL, the players awake at the time (Drey, Josh, Zorbees) realized that they had to tank their game in order to take Dusk down with them. Therefore, a manufactured silence was constructed in the thread.

Dusk panicked and started trying to find any kind of recourse to counter this strategy. He tried to go with a very loose interpretation of the rules about double posting, which obviously didn’t fly and landed him a hefty penalty. Somehow, even after that, he still avoided last place. Instead, Zorbs got last.

I expected Zorbees to instantly nominate Dusk. This didn’t happen. Apparently, during the course of this challenge, Conrad came to the conclusion that Josh presented a bigger threat to him than Dusk did.

4:49 PM] Conrad: I'm taking Josh out
[4:49 PM] Conrad: Ultimately
[4:49 PM] Conrad: And Drey is making it as difficult and messy for me as humanly possible
[4:49 PM] Conrad: My ideal F3 is Drey & Zorbees
[4:50 PM] Conrad: In terms of support and ability
[4:50 PM] Conrad: Now was a great time to take Josh out
[4:50 PM] Conrad: I'm sick of him telling me what to do
[4:50 PM] Conrad: Playing all sides, making himself look good with everyone
[4:51 PM] Conrad: I don't need him claiming some masterful play of how he "controlled" the game once he makes final 3
[4:51 PM] Conrad: I would've loved to have actually discussed it with Drey
[4:51 PM] Conrad: But she's being wack a doodle today
[4:51 PM] Conrad: So I had to make a decision of what to say to Zorbees and I said to challenge Josh over Dusk
[4:51 PM] Conrad: Can't backpedal from that now
Zorbees nominated Josh, feeling secure about Dusk and Conrad’s votes. This nomination didn’t go well in the swingers chat, at all.

[4:49 PM] Josh: So firstly Conrad, there, see? I did not share that convo
[4:49 PM] Josh: Can I just truth spam for a minute
[4:52 PM] Josh: actually this is hard
[4:52 PM] Josh: because I still dont get whats going on
[4:52 PM] Josh: And which of you actually wants me out
[4:52 PM] Josh: because you both keep denying it
[4:52 PM] Josh: like I'm not going to see the votes
[4:52 PM] Josh: And Conrads "because of Drey", when we both happily take out Zorbees next challenge
[4:52 PM] Josh: I don't get whats going on, and it doesn't make sense to me
[4:54 PM] drey1991: I understand how it can be confusing. I don't care if you don't believe me. I know the truth anyway. Conrad will vote you out no matter what anyway because his cover is blown. I'm surely next.
[4:55 PM] drey1991: He didn't like that you supposedly has ton of multiple three people alliances
[4:55 PM] Josh: I told him about all of them
[4:55 PM] drey1991: While I didn't care about
[4:55 PM] drey1991: And I didn't even know
[4:55 PM] drey1991: So
[4:55 PM] Josh: I don't think I told you about one of them
[4:55 PM] Josh: Yea
[4:55 PM] Josh: Exactly
[4:55 PM] Josh: I was more honest with him than you because it was relevant
[4:55 PM] drey1991: You told the wrong person
[4:55 PM] Josh: I told him because I wanted him to know I was protecting him
[4:56 PM] Josh: Like "hey, Isa wants you out and I know this because we have a 3p alliance. and in full disclosure I had one with Viper and Dusk as well"
[4:56 PM] Conrad: Josh, I am gonna vote you out
[4:56 PM] drey1991: Told ya
[4:57 PM] Conrad: I would've loved to keep you
[4:57 PM] Conrad: Tried to talk to Drey about doing just that
[4:57 PM] Conrad: And she blew me off
[4:57 PM] drey1991: LOL
[4:57 PM] Josh: Okay. Good riddance then. I trusted you the most in the game with Drey in second, and apparently I was wrong
[4:57 PM] Josh: So thank you Drey
[4:57 PM] drey1991: Such a liar I can't
[4:57 PM] drey1991: No point in that
[4:57 PM] Conrad: The above is jury management from Drey
[4:57 PM] drey1991: Hey josh
[4:57 PM] Conrad: :clap:
Josh was trying to juggle Conrad and Drey, knowing that one of them must have flipped in order for Zorbees to make this move. Drey flew off the handle at Conrad in their alliance chat.

5:11 PM] drey1991: Don't take it out on him you fucking coward
[5:11 PM] drey1991: He's already down
[5:11 PM] Conrad: ??
[5:12 PM] drey1991: Josh has nothing to do with the fact that you sketched me out
[5:12 PM] Conrad: I'm explaining how you were a factor in me voting him out
[5:12 PM] Conrad: Which he just asked
[5:12 PM] drey1991: I'm telling you your reasoning is wrong
As time went on, Josh attempted bargaining with everything he had. He threatened with his jury vote, he lied about Zorbees being a moderator on a board game site (which was supposed to portray him as a threat in f4?), and even almost convinced Dusk at one point to send Zorbees home instead of himself.

:38 PM] Duskfall98: vote josh
[5:34 PM] Duskfall98: wait cancel my vote for a while
[5:35 PM] hal: ok
[5:35 PM] hal: what's going on
[5:35 PM] Duskfall98: josh is making
[5:35 PM] Duskfall98: it tough
[5:35 PM] Duskfall98: i know hes gonna gun for conrad
[5:35 PM] Duskfall98: but like
[5:35 PM] Duskfall98: i dont want to betray my word for zorbees
Drey was hardcore in Josh’s camp. She was already angry at Conrad for being rude about Isa last round, and her feelings of being betrayed drove her to find ways to save Josh. This following log, leaked from Josh to Drey, certainly didn't help matters:
ConradToday at 5:30 PM
Are you sure she does?
Maybe she misunderstood our convo
Again, between you and I, she's all over the place rn
I have one suspicion as to why tbh
But I don't want to say cause it'd be pretty sexist lol
pancakeToday at 5:31 PM
Lmao, I get what you mean
ConradToday at 5:31 PM
I would take what she's saying with a grain of salt rn
pancakeToday at 5:31 PM
But I just pasted our logs
ConradToday at 5:31 PM
Talk to her later when she's more calm
Though Josh staying was something she could not accomplish alone, I believe that Drey resolved here to ensure Conrad would never win SDS. She formed an unlikely alliance with Duskfall, the person she’s been trying to get rid of for about a month, and vowed to work with him to help him get to f3.

Alas, despite the drama and Josh’s campaign, neither Dusk nor Conrad were willing to come to Josh’s defense, and they must have told him this. Drey voted against Josh as the result was inevitable, and Josh attempted to self vote (which failed). He was sent home 4-1.

Josh was fucking fire to watch. He schemed and played two sides (euros and swingers). He even had a foot in the door with the mafia alliance with Hannah and Viper. Josh was the epitome of “having cake and eating it too”. He danced around alliances and played a complicated gameplan where whoever was elimination candidate shouldn’t ever have a reason to pick up. However, he underestimated Conrad’s desire to weaken f3 and was sent home for placing his trust in the late game in the wrong person. Super fun to watch him pull all the tricks he had at his disposal. Big fan.

Last edited:
Final 4:

This was a medley of four board games on boardgamearena, where players had to bid on games and earn points based on their bid and on their performance.

Conrad continued to powerplay, and banded Drey and Zorb together to propose an alliance. Even though he knew Drey didn't trust him fully, he thought that Drey would work with him to stop the jury threat Duskfall from getting to the finals.

12:28 PM] Conrad: We pick one category that one of the three of us have to win
[12:28 PM] Conrad: Let's say hearts
[12:28 PM] Conrad: We each bet 51 in that category
[12:29 PM] Conrad: We use a total of 60 coins between us to purchase insurance on each of the games
[12:29 PM] Conrad: Then each of us bet 10-15 coins on each of the remaining three games
[12:29 PM] Conrad: If we can coordinate so one of us wins Hearts, that player would have 408 coins
[12:30 PM] Conrad: With it being mathematically impossible for any other game to have an excess of 150 coins bid on it
[12:30 PM] Conrad: The maximum Dusk could score is 400 coins
[12:30 PM] Conrad: Which would make him eligible for elimination
[12:31 PM] Conrad: Tbh I haven't looked at the games (I already have some sense of Hearts), but my gut would be that there would be one game where we could likely guarantee Dusk wasn't the winner if we coordinated
[12:31 PM] Conrad: Hearts isn't even a bad option
[12:34 PM] Conrad: If Dusk is eligible, we have the votes to eliminate him, regardless which one of us is EC
Drey, however, leaked every word that was said in this chat to Duskfall in an attempt to foil their plans. Because of the prize structure of this match, she had to guarantee that neither she nor Dusk came in last.

12:11 PM] drey1991: I'm playing with fire
[12:12 PM] drey1991: Revealing to dusk all of the info i have on Conrad and zorbees going after him
[12:12 PM] drey1991: I don't really care and I like the risk it brings hehehe
Dusk and Drey decided on a strategy. Dusk would bid 0 on Hearts, while Drey would bid just enough to turn the Hearts payoff into 8/0/0/0. This would mean that at most one of Zorbs and Conrad could be guaranteed victory. The second one, would get last place since Dusk and Drey would have more coins bid on the remaining games.

The first game played was Yahtzee, where I witnessed maybe the most miraculous rolls I've ever seen in board game history by Drey. She nailed 1st place, while Conrad got 2nd.

The second match played was Hearts. Here's where things got a little bit messy. Conrad won the first match, but due to an unfortunate issue where he ran out of time on his game, a replay was forced where Zorbees won instead. This secured Zorbees TOL.
While I really want to, it seems difficult to summarize this match without bringing up the timing issue that happened during the Hearts game. Essentially, before the game, we had discovered that BGA gave a time bonus to players who had not played the game (thereby disadvantaging players who had practiced the game prior to the challenge). Conrad was incredibly adamant about this being adjusted. From my point of view, time was never meant to be part of the challenge, I set the timer on fast because I was cognizant that some players were playing at an inconvenient time and I wanted the games to go as fast as possible. Regardless, I understood that maybe time could advantage certain players, and so I agreed to halve the time banks for everyone who were given doubled time.

On the final round of the Hearts game, I realized that Conrad himself was given doubled time by the system. Due to this, in accordance with the rules I set at the beginning of the game about halving the time bank, Conrad ran over time (Conrad ran REALLY over time. To give perspective, I don’t think anybody else in that game dipped under 50s, while Conrad was on doubled time and went down to literally the last second of his 1:30 time bank). In addition, Conrad ran over time because he was using the time to talk to allies to arrange a shot earlier in the game. Because I realized that if anybody else ran over time and won, Conrad would ask me to issue a penalty and I would have agreed, so I really didn’t have a choice but to ask for the game to be replayed.

There are a number of ways for me to moderate. One way is to operate on trust and assume that people would play quickly and not abuse the fact that their timer was slightly more lenient than others. The second way is to create strict rules to make the game as fair as possible. I prefer the former, but after being asked and agreeing to the latter, I can’t selectively apply rules to players based on how loudly they complain.

I regret not realizing the solution was to have everyone make new accounts, but I feel like I made the only decision available to me at this time.

In Tokaido, Drey got 1st, Conrad 2nd, and Dusk 4th. Despite having more than half his points on Hearts (where he got 0), AND being the only person to spend points on insurance, Conrad somehow was still in a position to avoid last place through challenge performance alone. This was an incredible display of board game skill.

The last game was Coloretto. If players wanted to cooperate in a game to force victory, it should have been this game, and not hearts. As it happened, Drey hard threw this game to Duskfall.

[6:08 PM] hal: did you throw for dusk
[6:08 PM] hal: in coloretto
[6:13 PM] drey1991: YES
[6:14 PM] drey1991: I DONT SUCK THAT BADLY
[6:14 PM] drey1991: Wow
[6:14 PM] drey1991: that's so brutal though
[6:14 PM] hal: ok i was WONDERING
[6:14 PM] drey1991: what is happening
[6:14 PM] hal: what you were doing
[6:14 PM] drey1991: make sure specs know
[6:14 PM] hal: know that you were throwing for dusk in coloretto?
[6:14 PM] drey1991: I mean that I am not AS dumb as I can look
[6:14 PM] hal: i will inform the spectators of this
[6:16 PM] drey1991: I also
[6:16 PM] drey1991: trying to throw hearts for dusk
[6:16 PM] drey1991: but
[6:16 PM] drey1991: I also suck at hearts
Conrad was set up as the Elimination Candidate, but knew he was on the ropes. He knew that the correct play for Drey was to vote out Dusk, but he had a hell of a time convincing her of it and convincing her to let go of her hatred.

This was a much tougher decision for Drey than I think anyone really understood. Drey knew Conrad before the game, and the two signed up together. I'm not sure what their history is, but I felt a deep sadness when Drey told me that her friendship with Conrad was ruined because of this game. Games should be something a group of friends to together to grow closer, not farther apart.

Drey felt as if she was put in a situation to choose a winner. She didn't feel that she could win F3, and so was simply kingmaking at this F4 juncture.

9:05 PM] drey1991: My main reasoning is who do I rather see win in the end
[9:05 PM] drey1991: Dusk or Conrad
[9:05 PM] drey1991: And for the bad sportsmanship behavior that Conrad has displayed the answer is the question is dusk
[9:06 PM] drey1991: I hate sore losers, or over self centered people
[9:06 PM] drey1991: But that's such an emotional reason to bring someone to f3 or no
[9:06 PM] drey1991: And dusk
[9:06 PM] drey1991: Well he is super well liked and will most likely have a ton of support
[9:07 PM] drey1991: So his chances of winning are highest
[9:07 PM] drey1991: So I should take Conrad in that case
[9:07 PM] drey1991: So what do I value the most : morals or chances of winning
[9:09 PM] drey1991: I know final games are not my forte. I will be happy with a third place. I'm competitive but I know where my strengths lay and it's not in individual games (unless it's tokaido this game is everything)
[9:09 PM] drey1991: So here it's not what can I do to have a better chance at winning
[9:10 PM] drey1991: It's what should I do to feel at peace with this decision
At the end of the day, Drey cast a reluctant and fatal vote for Conrad. He was evicted 2-1.

I had a blast moderating Conrad and nobody can convince me that he was not the main character of this game. Conrad defined the game around him starting at F8. He was clever, dedicated, and always kept an eye on the grand strategy to propel him to the end. Thanks for playing!

Final 3:
This game was modified Diplomacy on a custom land-only map. Jury votes decided how many starting units each player had.

The jury voted mainly along in-game alliance lines, with the surprises being Drookez voting for Drey, Isa voting for Dusk, and Conrad voting for Dusk. Many arguments were made and I'm not sure how much energy I have to summarize them. In any case, Dusk began the Final 3 challenge with an overwhelming advantage, possessing more units than Drey and Zorbees combined.

At the start of the game, Drey and Zorbees formed a necessary alliance to hold Dusk to 12 supplies (Dusk needed only 13 to win). Dusk had a shot at winning through a 50/50 in 1902 but blundered it completely. One of the features of the map was that there was quite a long distance between the home SC and the front line, and so Dusk was definitely disadvantaged by frequent disbanding of his units in the Northern battleline.

I felt that Dusk suffered from a lack of a grand strategy. He devoted equal amounts of units to the Northern and Southern battles and struggled to make progress on any. If I were in Dusk's shoes, I wouldn't have emphasized ZO6 as much (since onr-uo3-dis could not be taken through ZO6), and focused on trying to make Drey capitulate in the north. His tactics certainly improved as the game went on.

In Fall 1906, Drey stabbed Zorbees by taking an unclaimed supply closer to his base.
6:47 PM] drey1991: Damn I'm not too bad
[6:48 PM] drey1991: Because by doing that zorbees can't retreat without letting dusk win lmao
[6:48 PM] drey1991: I'm glad that I'm not like laying down and dying
Unfortunately, Drey didn't realize that she would essentially make Zorbees a kingmaker. In 1907, Zorbees conceded the southern battle with Dusk to defend against Drey, which gave Duskfall the victory after a week of hard fought battles.

I'll conclude with a few quick thoughts:

Zorbees in my mind came closest to winning after Duskfall. He won challenges, strategized well with his allies, and played a very respectable game of floating between several different groups of people. His path to victory was much harder than anyone else's, and I was thrilled to see him advance far in spite of this. I believe that had Conrad advanced to f3 over Dusk, and the jury would actually be contested, then Zorbees would be the favorite to win.

Drey was my favorite player to watch. She played a game guided by principles and morals, and I think playing a game like Survivor/BB without compromising those morals is incredibly difficult. She chose to play the game in a way that she wanted to, in spite of how difficult that made it for her. It's hard to not respect that.

Huge congratulations to Duskfall for outlasting a stacked field. He survived the crusade against the Mafia alliance by performing well in challenges (not coming in last and therefore not becoming EC). He was fortunate in that the Swingers alliance imploded at a crucial time, but he took advantage well of the ensuing chaos to make it to the end while being perceived as a trustworthy, honest figure. I think his biggest strength by far was being a challenge MONSTER. Of the 10 main matches, there were only 3 that he did not get a TOL in: F5 (where the rest of the game had to actively work against him to prevent him winning), F4 (where his strategy with Drey was to give the TOL to someone else), and F10. I designed this game as a challenge-based survivor game and I'm happy that the winner was the one who captured the spirit of the game the most.

Duskfall chose to benefit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. The donation has been made!

Thanks for playing folks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)