Project Secret Santa!

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Alright I just dm'd everyone that hasnt submitted yet a message asking for a buildaround, also so y'all are aware submission deadline got moved forward a day to the 11th cus i have work monday night and forgot about it, also if you want to change your submission please just put an additional reply in the dm rather than an edit so that i get a notification and can update my tracking going forward, thanks all!

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm distribting what y'all gotta build now, as a Reminder: Everyone put their best effort into creating these teams, and the outcome will be a ton of really cool and creative works! Constructive critism should be treaded on with caution as to not offend the teams builder. Publicly shaming a team is absolutely prohibited, and will dealt with harshly. Be kind and grateful for the work of others.

PigWarrior19

unmon connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
Pardon the structure plz
Merry Christmas yellowfin
https://pokepast.es/d2f572c0f5dd3945

I made your ceottle build and I paired it with Snover and gave ceottle snow cloak and gave it a ton of defense to get a massive defense stat in snow sadly we lost berry juice and ceottles insane hp stat makes it only gets around 30% of its hp back so I decided to give it an eviolite to bolster it’s defense and be able to set up on stuff like quaxly and physical giraf and become a devastating sweeper with tera ice ice shard

Edit bruh forgot to write about Snover mb
I made Snover tera ice so it loses its weakness to flying but doesn’t lose the boost from the snow
Rocking 33 def in snow makes Snover onix in snow this damn thing takes around 33% from brave bird from max attack adamant quaxly also Snover is an amazing toescool check it’s grass type and massive defensive stat allows it to sit on toescool and threaten it out with powerful ice type attacks also Snover is lax because it can’t go below 11 speed or else it’d get bopped by belly drum azu and doesn’t want to lose power on ice shard or blizzard

Gastly I chose to use a more defensive set to spread burns to stuff like pawnaird and make sweeping with ceottle way easier also gave it giga to destroy quaxly while staying healthy and keeping the rocks on the field

Toedscool sadly ceottle and Snover really struggle with hazards so toedscool seemed like a great fit spreading knock acting as a great special wall rapid spin for hazard and spikes or power whip for power or spreading hazards

Girafarig I chose to use a support set up mixed set with twave and nastyplot to slow down bulkier mons for ceottle and be a strong presence on the field when needed

Digglet I chose diggy because of its ability to trap pawn and tinkatink amazing mon with rocks memento eq and tera dark sucker

Big thanks to the shoddystrawman for helping me build the team and merry Christmas:)
Edit also FIRST EZ

Last edited:
Triple Normal Offense for the Meowth Maestro MK007
:xy/meowth: :xy/rufflet: :xy/girafarig: :xy/pawniard: :sv/glimmet: :sv/toedscool:

Merry Christmas MK. I built this with the idea to overload common Normal-Type checks via 3 Powerful Attackers with support from other Pokemon. The Meowth-Rufflet-Girafarig core is insanely strong, as each can offensively break down each other's checks very well. Any of the Normal-types can break or clean due to high speed/priority. Pawniard is here for being Pawniard + setting Rocks, the standard set here. Glimmet provides more hazard support and can wear down things with said hazards. Toedscool is using a physically defensive spread here, to counteract Rain as well as the occasional Chewtle. That combined with Meowth allows for a great matchup into offense, while Rufflet + Girfarig provide a good matchup into balance.

Hope you like the gift, and Merry Christmas to everyone else here!

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Give me turns, I beg you, also no Glimmet Tera Normal Espeed Dratini Screens for Brammi

:sv/dratini: :sv/diglett: :sv/girafarig: :sv/impidimp: :sv/gastly: :sv/magnemite:

Seriously Game Freak, you have to tease us with a pokemon whose +1 (I forgot to put +1 for a few hours, am dumb) Tera Normal E Speed OHKOes Choice Scarf Rufflet, only for it to have to click outrage to force KOes on bulkier foes. And then you make it need LO for any of that, and a naughty nature for a semblance of coverage (fire blast into tera normal Espeed kills most Pawniard), resulting in a tank of 2 HP (for 1 HP LO chip) and 2 SpDef (nature), as well as no Eviolite. Rampardos theorem moment here.

+1 244+ Atk Life Orb Dratini Outrage vs. +1 0 HP / 76 Def Girafarig: 21-25 (91.3 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Possible damage amounts: (21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 25)

As for the team itself, I chose to support Dratini with damage mitigation in the form of Screens, and Diglett to trap Pawniard. I chose LO Diglett because it OHKOes pawn, but sash may be better because it stands a better chance of setting rocks and can use Memento. Gastly was used thanks to its typing blocking Brick Break (don't attempt this if screens aren't up, Iron Head into Sucker will KO through Tera Electric), with a Nasty Plot set to abuse those screens, with Icy Wind to lure and OHKO Toedscool after a boost. Tera Electric Tbolt OHKOes Pawniard, and Girafarig after rocks most of the time. However, an Eviolite Will-O-Wisp set may fit better here. Magnemite was additional speed control, with Tera Steel Steel Beam being a nuke capable of shattering Tera Ground setup Rufflet. My Girafarig is a physical set, which trades better vs opposing giraffes, and carries Wish as a poor man's U-Turn. Dratini's main job on this team is to be a revenge killer that can weaponize its forced switches with a DD or Fire Blast. It can sometimes setup on weaker foes if screens are up, and enjoys Wish support even though it almost never gives a big heal and momentum.

This team is quite rough around the edges, and is nowhere near meta, but I hope you find success or OHKO a Mudbray with +1 Dratini after rocks.

If you want a more viable dragon, I recommend Axew, which runs a better eviolite DD set with more stats and coverage, and can still use First Impression to force switches

Last edited:

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Water Spam Offense ft. Chewtle for Nultiprise !

1670936027349.png
1670936041541.png
1670936074115.png
1670936086568.png
1670936105419.png
1670936133823.png

Team built around the premise of using Chewtle, so to innovate and make a team that can function without crumbling on itself, I decided to make a Water spam core with it and Quaxly, being able to beat each other's checks and punch holes in the opposing team.

Chewtle uses Tera Dark to avoid Prankster users to lock it into Encore/Taunt or status it, power Crunch up to make use of a decent second STAB move, and gives it resistance to Sucker Punch from the likes of Pawniard and Diglett, as well as a nice inmunity to Girafarig's Psychic-type moves. Swift Swim allows it to threaten opposing Rain teams, as it can reach a very high Speed stat which allows it to outspeed pretty much anything after a Shell Smash boost and break everything in its way.

Quaxly is the spinner of the team and the second component of the Water core. In this team I took the freedom to slap Tera Ghost as a defensive typing, denying any try from opposing Quaxly from spinning hazards away from its side of the field. You should use this Pokemon to clean in late-game, and use its defensive traits as a spinner in the rest of the match.

Glimmet. Sets hazards up and throws strong punches while at it.

Ice Punch Gastly allows it to OHKO Toedscool every time as a tech. If you feel confident the opposing Toedscool is going to spin, switch it in and click Ice Punch. If you feel it is going to switch out, Substitute in and throw your STABs to hurt the opposing team.

Deerling is a much more solid answer to Toedscool and makes use of its typing to deal with Ground-types. This Pokémon shines thanks to ParaFlinch, which should be used to spread status whenever possible and threaten defensive answers to the Water core such as Mareanie. Tera Steel is used to resist opposing Brave Bird Rufflet and Glimmet, which are hard to manage for it.

Lastly, Magnemite glues this team acting as a counter-measure to remove Pawniard, which is a big thorn on the side to this team thanks to Tera Blast Fighting. It also provides momentum to the team to let their teammates enter safely against the switch-in.

Here is my gift for Acehunter1 who probably had the most based request here: "Any Hyper Offense team that isnt screens or setupspam". Basically any hyper offense team that isn't super cringe! Ngl it should be a simple request, but since I only build / use balanced teams (because I am too good), it was a bit of a challenge.

MY DEER OFFENSE

:ss/deerling-winter: :ss/pawniard: :ss/diglett: :sv/quaxly: :ss/gastly: :ss/girafarig:

Team Building Process

:ss/deerling-winter:
I hope I am not wrong but Ace didn't specify if the team should be built around a certain mon / core, and probably it didn't have to be a serious team. Therefore, I decided to experiment and build a team around Deerling, which felt right for a Christmas event. At first I thought that I could make use of its Chlorophyll ability, and tested out things like Prankster Shroodle Sunny day. However, it quickly turned out to be super awful, so I had to make Serene Grace work. Therefore, I gave it a set that hits hard and can also annoy people (better than dunsparce imo :yawning-face:). Body Slam spreads paralysis, Zen Headbutt flinches foes and it works better than Headbutt, since it can also target things like Gastly, Seed Bomb is Deerling's only Grass-type reliable physical move, and synthesis provides some recovery. Its Tera type is Steel, so it can destroy annoying Nymble most of the time, and take hits from foes like Rufflet.

:ss/deerling-winter: + :ss/pawniard:
I thought that the first teammate for the deer should be Pawniard, as it can remove the Ghost-types that give troubles to Deerling. I use the Choice Scarf set, since it is more fun and secures easier KOs. The set is all about attacking and removing threats like Cettodle with Iron Head, and opposing Steel-types with Brick Break. I use Fire Tera type, just to absorb the Will o Wisps if its crucial.

:ss/deerling-winter: + :ss/pawniard: + :ss/diglett:
Well, I don't know if I have to explain this. Diglett is only here for 2 reasons. 1) Remove Steel-types, and 2) Being a SR setter that fits a HO team. Tera type is Flying to dodge opposing's Diglett Earthquake (mostly).

:ss/deerling-winter: + :ss/pawniard: + :ss/diglett: + :sv/quaxly:
God, I love this duck. I feel that Quaxly is really good in offensive teams, since it provides Rapid Spin support and its Moxie ability goes hard most of the time. Tera Flying fools opposing mons like Toedscool. Quaxly also provides a Fire resist that the team needed in terms of type coverage.

:ss/deerling-winter: + :ss/pawniard: + :ss/diglett: + :sv/quaxly: + :ss/gastly:
Well, after all that stuff, I noticed that the team is pretty weak to Fighting and it was time to pick special attackers. Gastly was literrally the mon that I thought about right away, and it fits perfectly. I gave it Will o Wisp in order to cripple opposing Pawniard, and Tera type Dark + Tera Blast just to deal with Girafarig.

:ss/deerling-winter: + :ss/pawniard: + :ss/diglett: + :sv/quaxly: + :ss/gastly: + :ss/girafarig:
For last mon, I wanted a setup sweeper that could possibly take advantage of the paralysis spread by Deerling. I hope you don't mind just one setup mon, since you asked for no setupspam. I tried different things, such as DD Dratini, which was fun but didn't get far enough, and then I tested out Bulk Up Rufflet, which was pretty good, but I just didn't like it that much. Also, I unironically tried Calm Mind Gothita, and I won a couple games with it doing something, but at the end of the day it was just a worse Girafarig. Therefore, the last mon is the giraffe, and yeah you all know what it does I believe.

Quick shoutout to my fellow Smoochum Soviet PigWarrior19 for sharing their opinion through discord about the team. I feel that, except for Deerling, the team seems pretty standard and it really is quite easy to use. Maybe there are better options than Deerling that can make this team even stronger.
Of course there is no better option than Deerling, I am going to nominate it in vr as S tier, gg!
Hope you like your gift, and that it's pretty much what you requested! Merry Christmas to you and to everyone else in Little Cup community!

Snover Hail and Snover Xmas Themed Team (entirely a meme) for PigWarrior19

The second team I just wanted to make for no reason, a team I wouldn't dare test and tank my elo with on ladder even on alt. I did my best on it though if that means anything.

The first team I haven't tested too much, but I think what I made for Snover was pretty good even though I think the team is probably bad. I'm a sucker for weather teams though so thx pigwarrior.

Snover, the setter is pretty standard. Blizzard and Giga Drain STABs, Ice Shard is solid priority and Protect to keep the tree safe from threats like Nymble. Excellent Toedscool murderer.

Cubchoo makes me hurt. The fact this is the only Slush Rush mon is quite painful. It's a Jolly Nature to outspeed Scarf Gastly. You can switch to Adamant if it is missing out on kills.

Giraffe and Pawn are amazing mons, next.

Quaxly is the spin support, bc Ice Types cannot stand on rocks!

Wooper was a weird pick I'll admit, but I didn't have a leg to stand on versus Magnemite, but Wooper resists Steel and is immune to any Electric moves. Diglett was another option but switching it in predicting Volt Switch only to eat a Flash Cannon never feels good, and eventually Mag could wear down the team. Unaware is nice too!

Merry Christmas, I hope you like it!

Last edited:
Teddy beer the drunkyar

1670961149515.png1670961188860.png1670961210227.png1670961224425.png1670961246444.png1670961274698.png

Dear BlueWollyWog,

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Although Santa Claus is very busy with preparing for Christmas, I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your beautiful letter.

Me and my elves thought that to accompany your Quick feet Teddiursa a Nymble would be perfect forcing the Glimmet to come and drop the Tspikes to activate the talent of our little bear. After that we chose Girafarig, a bear and a giraffe isn't it beautiful? he will allow you not to have any difficulty against the Gastly and pivot well with Nymble to threaten the Foongus and Mareanie. We play it here with Protect for the opposing Nymble who can be a problem for the team. Shellos be your SR user and a rain wall. Toedscool will be the spinner, he is played full speed to take knock off more easily and mainly for Outspeed Croagunk and Magneti once his Choice Scarf removed. And we finish with Magneti allowing you to be safe against BU Rufflet and a good finisher with tera Ice. If you have question or just looking for more information about the team feel free to ask. And you can publicly humiliate my team if you find stuff that you will change. Didn't care about what Tack think, since the goal is first to improve in build.

Proof that the ladder suck, a bear did it.
picked 28.png

Continue to be wise and work well at school, I am proud of you. With all my affection.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................not Santa Claus

Last edited:
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, uhBella!

This is actually the very first time I've made a team for someone else, and I've probably played it safe with some of my choices... However, I think you chose a great Pokémon in Cetoddle, as it's helped me come up with new ideas pretty quickly.

Here's the team based around your Choice Scarf-dressed Cetoddle:

:cetoddle::wattrel::quaxly::fuecoco::girafarig::diglett:

I also want to share my thought process behind it, so (obviously) let's start from the adorable ice whale. Despite not having any other impressive base stats besides his HP points, Cetoddle can still be trained as a nice physical attacker and has a pretty deep move pool, so an item like Choice Scarf definitely suits it. Admittedly, Icicle Crash is a riskier move than Ice Spinner, due to his lower precision: however, I feel like it's a great match with the ability Sheer Force, which should allow you to do a lot of damage to most of your opponents, including the likes of Mudbray and Girafarig. Earthquake and Superpower are important cover moves, and the second one fits especially well with the Fighting Tera Type, as an effective way to counter Cetoddle's usual weaknesses (Steel, Rock, Fire and Fighting itself). Finally, Ice Shard might be an useful option against already knackered opponents. Oh, I almost forgot: the Jolly nature should help, too.

Wattrel, Quaxly and Fuecoco all provide Cetoddle with some extra coverage for his weaknesses, just in case you can't Terastallize it safely; plus, they play key roles in paving the road for its attacks by gifting speed boosts (Wattrel's Tailwind), neutralizing hazards (Quaxly's Rapid Spin) and weakening dangerous opponents (Fuecoco's Will-O-Wisp and Snarl).

Being another bulky Pokémon itself, Girafarig here serves as a screen-setter, in order to make Cetoddle even more difficult to knock out (hopefully). Moreover, its Dark Tera Type should prevent it from being blocked by the likes of Impidimp.

Last, but not least, Diglett brings some other good tools to damage the opposing Pokémons (both through hazards and physical attacks), before you finally unleash Cetoddle's full potential against them.

Honestly, I don't know how viable this team might be realistically, but I definitely had fun building it, and I'm looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers!

Bella

not a furry
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1670979458520.png

GOOODDDDD MORNING wesh papillon! Santa Decided that he wanted to give you a Christmas Present a bit early, and got me to build your gift! As such, heres your Team based off of your little crocodile boy. :)
:Sandile: :Tinkatink: :Girafarig: :Toedscool: :Nymble: :Quaxly: <-- click on the sprites for the team!

The Building Process:
:Sandile: Of course, i started off with Sandile. I was considering doing a defensive intimidate set with Rocks, however i just couldnt make it slot in as nicely as i wanted it to be. So i went kinda basic and went for Scarf Moxie. Pretty standard set. STABS, Stone Edge, filler coverage (which could probably be changed depending on how you see fit. Its a pretty nice revenge killer and lategame cleaner. Its also a pretty nice offensive switchin into Gastly if thats your thing.

:Sandile: :Tinkatink: I didnt want to build on my Fighting weakness with Pawn, so i made my steel tinkatink instead. Knock is great to weaken stuff for Sandile + Giraffe later on and can also spread Twaves to help the team. Overall a very standard Tink set to be the teams rocker + the teams glue mon.

:Sandile: :Tinkatink: :Girafarig: I just slotted Giraffe in to be the secondary Glue Mon + to be our Special attacker. Also a standard set. Not much to say here.

:Sandile: :Tinkatink: :Girafarig: :Toedscool: Toed is here as any strong special attacker + help Nymble and Sandile stay around longer with hazard control. I like it alot, pretty much always live a hit to spore and can force teras.

:Sandile: :Tinkatink: :Girafarig: :Toedscool: :Nymble:
Nymble offers great revenge killing when sandile cant (ie: Quaxly) and has a powerful first impression. It also just works with Quax and Toed as it can threaten out things that normally worry them with Bug STAB.

:Sandile: :Tinkatink: :Girafarig: :Toedscool: :Nymble: :Quaxly:
At this point i added Quaxily for fun. It looked nice to slot on this team for its hazard support, pretty decent typing, and acting as another wincon in case giraffe and sandile go down. not much more to say after that.

Yeah im not sure how well this team is, but i found it fun! I hope you enjoy it Pap! and gwen next time stop giving me people like this to build for

Shoutouts to Acehunter, Shandeur, and Pigwarrior by the way. Ace was actually the one with the tinka idea and all 3 gave great advice to this team!

This is actually my first LC team for gen 9. I was gonna try to familiarise myself with the metagame before the signup period ended but then I procrastinated for too long and here we are. I was terrified I wouldn't be able to build a passable team, let alone a viable one. But all that anxiety went away when QuinnXD sent me a voltturn core. More specifically, Larvesta and Voltorb. I fucking love voltturn so thanks so much for giving me this. The team turned out surprisingly fun and I'm excited to see what you guys think!

:sv/larvesta: :sv/voltorb: :sv/quaxly: :sv/nymble: :sv/diglett: :sv/girafarig:
Click for the team link!

Teambuilding Process:
:larvesta::voltorb:
I started out with the voltturn core Quinn gave me. I knew defensive Larvesta was the standard in gen 8 to deal with the no longer existent mienfoo, but as soon as I saw choice scarf in Smogon's usage stats, I knew I had to run it. I wanted a tera type that isn't weak to stealth rocks, but I never ended up using tera electric much so idk if it's the best option. As for Voltorb, I'm running taunt to punish hazard setters and walls, t-wave to punish slower offensive threats, volt switch (obviously), and tera ice tera blast to murder Toedscool. Voltorb is usually bulky enough to take a few hits before going down and is a decent pivot that compliments Scarfvesta nicely.
:larvesta::voltorb::quaxly:
If I'm going to build around Larvesta, hazard control is mandatory. I don't remember exactly why past me chose Quaxly over Toedscool but I'm glad I did. Quaxly does a better job at dealing with Glimmet and even though Larvesta isn't techncially weak to fire, having a fire check for this team is definitely valuable, especially for the next team member I planned to add.
:larvesta::voltorb::quaxly::nymble:
I love this little homicidal freak. You know exactly why I added Nymble. It's a great revenge killer with tinted lens that can not only beat faster threats, but also poke holes in your opponent's team, often forcing them to sack something to survive. Yes, it adds another rock and flying weakness. I could not care less. Nymble has saved so many of my games and I would do anything to protect him.
:larvesta::voltorb::quaxly::nymble::diglett:
Diglett is pretty straight forward. You use u-turn when the opponent hard switches into a ground weak mon? They're dead. A slightly chipped offensive mon kills one of your teammates? They're dead. Abuse this guy as much as you want. I'm not sure what Diglett set actually fits best for this team tho. I just kinda defaulted to life orb but let me know if a different set works better for you.
:larvesta::voltorb::quaxly::nymble::diglett::girafarig:
And finally, this gen's Mienfoo. I'm running the standard nasty plot set since I don't want my team to have 5 physical attackers. Twin beam over psychic does a better job against Glimmet, tera blast doubles as normal stab when you're not terastallized and covers bulky steel types with tera fighting (tinkatink isn't real it can't hurt me), and thunderbolt because that's what I saw on the sample set.

I was originally just gonna play a few matches in school for playtesting but the team somehow did pretty well so I kept climbing on my mobile account. If I knew I'd make it this far, I would have tested it on my main lol
1671101666323.png

Knowing my teambuilding, there are definitely a few holes in this team that I haven't noticed yet, but I have a good feeling about this one. It did well on ladder and the team's really fun, which is good enough for me. Thanks QuinnXD for sending me the core and thank you for reading!

Attachments

Last edited:

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Charis_Akins , happy holidays pal! Loved the request and appreciated the challenge it took me to build and I think the result is very fun (I enjoyed using it).

here's the build:

:sv/shroodle: :sv/capsakid: :sv/charmander: :sv/wooper: :sv/girafarig: :sv/diglett:

My thought process:

Shroodle + Capsakid weather core as requested, set sun and mixed Capsakid with tera fire hits hard. Giga Drain eases the LO recoil a little and is main STAB, while Tera Blast in sun goes brrr.

Charmander is there as an alternative faster sun abuser, and frankly it does all the work better but dies faster too. Scarf also helps it just be speed control or a good late-game cleaner even if Sun goes down. You usually won't click anything than Overheat or Flamethrower though, but Dragon Pulse and Ancient Power are good coverage.

Wooper felt like an interesting option to pick: Water Absorb is probably less expected than Unaware, but a defensive Wooper can stop some setup mons if people assume Unaware. Water Absorb helps a little with the Rain matchup, and being one of the few Toxic users left helps shut down Buizel. Role compression to also throw up rocks or spikes is great too. Chilling Water can be replaced for Surf if Pawniard is a problem (which really, it shouldn't be).

Girafarig fits on just about every team and it felt too good to pass up with its bulk and coverage options. Psychic Fangs is good STAB, and helps against screens teams to help our little green guy go. Tacked on Thunder Wave too over Facade for grabbing some unexpected paralyzes to help Capsakid or Charmander do their thing if Sun goes down since there's plenty of will-o-wisp absorbers here. Added Tera Dark as a backup defensive option to help with Sucker Punches.

Diglett is standard Diglett, and actually stolen from my own team last gen. Memento is such a good pivot once you're done fucking over whatever you need to trap and revenge kill. Tera Ghost exists for no reason other than to escape opposing Diglett if that turns out to be a problem.

PS. Beware Scarfed Mankey :tymp: was a lot of trouble to face and made me really regret packing Chilling Water more than Pawniard did (still winnable though, with some thought).
PSPS. Here's a sneaky replay edit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9lc-1748485898

Made it to semis of a room tour with this, didn't save the other ones but saved this one because this was the best sweep Capsakid did, only lost because I made a bit of a misplay near the end, but otherwise confirms this team is actually fairly solid all things considered.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)