Secret Santa

Merry Christmas DreamyFleur! I present to you your requested team of a weather team (any weather you choose):

https://pokepast.es/6033c11fea2dfbc6

I opted for rain because sun has no drought users and would have to deal with boosted protosynthesis mons, sand has very little abusers, and snow works almost the same on every team. Rain has a variety of abusers and also denies protosynthesis mons of their boost. The team went through three phases upon testing. The first one looked like this:

Pelipper is phys def to give you as many opportunities to come in and set rain. This allows you to stomach hits from dangerous physical attackers such as Slither Wing, +2 Hawlucha, or Barraskewda. Drednaw is your primary rain abuser. What sets it apart from other swift swimmers is its durability and access to Shell Smash. Dragon Tera capitalizes on your durability, as it buys you time against electric, water and grass moves. With adamant you hit as hard as possible while still outspeeding positive base 100 scarfers such as Staraptor and Salamence in rain. Tsareena is the main hazard control and takes advantage of rain eliminating its fire weakness. EVs creep adamant Azu and hit a leftovers number, while the rest is dumped into attack. Tera Dark is for emergencies against a boosted Polteageist and Espathra. Bisharp is your rocker with powerful priority, as well as your answer to common spinblockers such as Brambleghast. Jolteon is your secondary offensive rain abuser, with terablast water to snipe the ground types and yawn to dissuade setup.

In the second phase, I realized Noivern just isn't hitting hard enough. Replacing it with special Salamence was a great call, as it is stronger and bulkier, creating more switch in opportunities. The extra speed Noivern provided wasn't needed due to Jolteon, and I barely was able to capitalize on the access to defog and taunt, so Salamence was the play. I was just about to make this post around this team, but concluded the post with "my only gripes are that Gastrodon is very problematic and there are no new toys for you to use besides shell smash drednaw." That's when I realized and made changes to make the final phase of the team.

Kilowattrel enables you to have electric/water coverage without needing to Tera. Access to a strong Hurricane also means you can touch grass types now and somewhat pressure Gastrodon. Life Orb is needed for the power and flexibilty. Since there are two rock weak mons without boots, now double removal is a necessity. We make a return to Noivern, except it has been a little more hp invested. Taunt allows you to at least stop Gastrodon from recovering. Phase two peaked top 350 on ladder, while the final phase got me striding through the top 250.
Cryogonal was considered and used in a phase 2.5, as freeze dry coverage works amazing for this team. But it's rather passive without a supereffective hit, and Haze is a bit awkward vs psychic terrain hyper offense. Now the only new gripe I have with this team is the triple flying type, so when fighting a Lycanroc-D you'll often have to use your tera ground on Pelipper. Support Tinkaton may pose a problem as your best way of smashing through it is with your late game cleaner Drednaw.

Here are some replays, and I hope you enjoy the team!

Phase 1: Jolteon Rips the Opposition - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1740459333-eidocjtgba0am24p38aaybntb6cuy5xpw
vs Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1740738138
vs Psychic Terrain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741071872-3xkvm6b0ix2q8qfy5v9ew1038vutkvepw
Phase 2.5: Just Freeze Dry - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741785285
vs Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741750059
Phase 3: Noivern Keeps the Peace - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1742317966-pwvj94jwufalujurfqdq5r6dmdoj5wopw

Last edited:

Queen of Bean

is a Community Contributor
UUPL Champion
Merry Christmas DreamyFleur! I present to you your requested team of a weather team (any weather you choose):

https://pokepast.es/6033c11fea2dfbc6

I opted for rain because sun has no drought users and would have to deal with boosted protosynthesis mons, sand has very little abusers, and snow works almost the same on every team. Rain has a variety of abusers and also denies protosynthesis mons of their boost. The team went through three phases upon testing. The first one looked like this:

Pelipper is phys def to give you as many opportunities to come in and set rain. This allows you to stomach hits from dangerous physical attackers such as Slither Wing, +2 Hawlucha, or Barraskewda. Drednaw is your primary rain abuser. What sets it apart from other swift swimmers is its durability and access to Shell Smash. Dragon Tera capitalizes on your durability, as it buys you time against electric, water and grass moves. With adamant you hit as hard as possible while still outspeeding positive base 100 scarfers such as Staraptor and Salamence in rain. Tsareena is the main hazard control and takes advantage of rain eliminating its fire weakness. EVs creep adamant Azu and hit a leftovers number, while the rest is dumped into attack. Tera Dark is for emergencies against a boosted Polteageist and Espathra. Bisharp is your rocker with powerful priority, as well as your answer to common spinblockers such as Brambleghast. Jolteon is your secondary offensive rain abuser, with terablast water to snipe the ground types and yawn to dissuade setup.

In the second phase, I realized Noivern just isn't hitting hard enough. Replacing it with special Salamence was a great call, as it is stronger and bulkier, creating more switch in opportunities. The extra speed Noivern provided wasn't needed due to Jolteon, and I barely was able to capitalize on the access to defog and taunt, so Salamence was the play. I was just about to make this post around this team, but concluded the post with "my only gripes are that Gastrodon is very problematic and there are no new toys for you to use besides shell smash drednaw." That's when I realized and made changes to make the final phase of the team.

Kilowattrel enables you to have electric/water coverage without needing to Tera. Access to a strong Hurricane also means you can touch grass types now and somewhat pressure Gastrodon. Life Orb is needed for the power and flexibilty. Since there are two rock weak mons without boots, now double removal is a necessity. We make a return to Noivern, except it has been a little more hp invested. Taunt allows you to at least stop Gastrodon from revocering. Phase two peaked top 350 on ladder, while the final phase got me striding through the top 250.
Cryogonal was considered and used in a phase 2.5, as freeze dry coverage works amazing for this team. But it's rather passive without a supereffective hit, and Haze is a bit awkward vs psychic terrain hyper offense. Now the only new grip I have with this team is the triple flying type, so when fighting a Lycanroc-D you'll often have to use your tera ground on Pelipper. Support Tinkaton may pose a problem as your best way of smashing through it is with your late game cleaner Drednaw.

Here are some replays, and I hope you enjoy the team!

Phase 1: Jolteon Rips the Opposition - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1740459333-eidocjtgba0am24p38aaybntb6cuy5xpw
vs Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1740738138
vs Psychic Terrain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741071872-3xkvm6b0ix2q8qfy5v9ew1038vutkvepw
Phase 2.5: Just Freeze Dry - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741785285
vs Rain: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1741750059
Phase 3: Noivern Keeps the Peace - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1742317966-pwvj94jwufalujurfqdq5r6dmdoj5wopw
Great post!!!

Aight, A bit new to formatting on Smogon as I usually just lurk; but I think I'm as happy as I'm going to be with the squad I came up with for Hariyana Grande

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Sandy Shocks @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Roost

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Spinner
- Tera Blast

Lucario @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash

So, the idea of the team is to line up your CB Lycanroc in a Hyper Offense team, I opted to use Sandy Shocks as the hazard setter to get both SR and Spikes and a volt turn off; plus I love its speed tier. I used a rain trio of Pelliper, LO Floatzel (though HDB might be better tbh) I've taken a liking to floatzel over Barraskewda for the access to wave crash since damage is the primary thing I'm looking for there; along with specs Mence to have a couple very powerful nukes in rain. (Hurricane misses like... all the time without rain) I don't think that Mence actually needs surprise to be effective, but like no one is running specially based mence sets and almost nothing can take a hit from it; espeically since you can have rain boosed tera water hydros or perfectly accurate Hurricanes. I opted for Lucario in the last slot for some sort of steel resist slate, without giving up on firepower. Also sword dance tera normal espeed is just insanely strong and a great option for a HO team.

The team had some pretty volatile results so far but I have enjoyed using it.

merry christmas Metaboss25 i tried my best to make you a flapple team (click the pokes for the team)
:sv/florges: :sv/grafaiai: :sv/magnezone: :sv/flapple: :sv/talonflame: :sv/gastrodon:
flapple volt turn

flapples only use really is throwing off strong hustle boosted moves, so i thought why not boost them even more with a choice band, i went for tera grass because grav apple is the move you will be clicking most often probably. i paired it with magnezone as flapple really struggles with hitting steel types. i made magnezone scarf for a little extra speed (this probably inst neccesary) but you get a fast volt switch to pivot around with some of the other members of the team like grafaiai and flapple itself and you still trap and kill the steels of the tier. gastrodon is there for hazards and some help into rain matchups aswell as a volt immune. talonflame is a defogger that can also act as a pivot with u turn (and burn things in a pinch) so it seemed like a good fit, also completing a fire water grass core. grafaiai helps your gengar and espathra matchup and your matchup into set up sweepers in general with its annoying prankster encore and is also a pivot for the team. i ended off with calm mind florges which helps if a nasty plot hydreigon gets out of hand, if you tera steel its a second gengar check aswell. its also a good win condition for the team in the late game.

hope you enjoy the team. flapple is a bit hard to build around, but i think this came out okay-ish in the end. have a nice christmas and good luck with the new year :)
Thanks for the team! I like several of the ideas here

Merry Christmas Crushy , here is your Scarf Sandy Shocks team
:sv/sandy_shocks: :sv/slither_wing: :bw/hydreigon: :bw/rotom_mow: :sm/talonflame: :sv/espathra:

I first tried to make a hail team then failed horribly, then I decided to switch to VoltTurn and got much more consistent results.
The plan for this team is to spam switch moves and thats it.

Scarf Sandy Shocks has Tera Ice for BoltBeam coverage, Stealth Rock is used because I don't find myself using Thunderbolt that often.
Slither Wing is there to just attack stuff, when in doubt, it just spams U-turn.
Hydreigon is the stealth rock setter and you guessed it, this also has U-turn.
Rotom-Mow is another electric type and doesn't need to tera to deal with ground types, thunder wave and will-o-wisp are there to make Mow more versatile.
Talonflame is the defogger for this team and also has U-turn, this is very important since im always switching.
Espathra is for wallbreaker and to counter sweepers with Opportunist, it also has U-turn because Y E S :bat:

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Rawbi!

Here's the team you requested with Farigiraf. Honestly, I don't think this pokémon has a great future in UU offensively, but I managed to come up with a pretty good concept in hyper offense Here's the quick team concept.

https://pokepast.es/9d677a43a5e4ce03

Farigiraf: I tweaked the set a bit because modest with the sitrus berry won't work well. The tier is way too offensive for it to work right now, so I went with a shy nature with Salac Berry + 2 in Spe A. It's cool against teams that are a bit more bulky but against offenses it's more complicated.

Gengar - Expert Belt
Gengar is the second pokémon of the team, is a perfect lure to Hydreigon and Wo-chien, suggesting that it is lock on Shadow ball and destroy them with either Dazzling gleam or Sludge bomb. One of the best pokémon of the tier for me.

Dugtrio - Focus sash
One of the few suicide leads that is sure to put its rocks, and memento to take the momentum. Nothing more to say about it.

Gyarados - High Duty Boots
From what I've played so far, teams are not ready for him yet. It is by far the best pokémon of this team, because once a DD is set, unless you have a scarf rotom, you have little chance to see the opponent coming back in the game if with the other pokémon you put the necessary pressure to weaken them. I chose Ice Fang instead of crunch because it affects more pokémon potentially dangerous for Gyarados (Hydreigon, Noivern, all the dragons in the sky what... WELL ALL THE DRAGONS IN THIS TIER). Just too strong. combines pretty well with farigiraf because this one can get rid of Slowking and Slowbro which are the only two big brakes to a Gyara sweep.

Lucario - Life Orb

The idea to put Lucario came to me because I think this pokémon has a lot of potential, whether the tera stays or not. NP because the Sword set seems less interesting without the tera. Dark Pulse to hit the psy types, Vaccum Wave for a priority that with the Rocks catches a lot of kills at +2. Flash Cannon to hit fairy types, and fairy tera like Espathra.

Gardevoir - Scarf
Not the fastest Scarf, but the only one with healing wish/Trick, plus Trace is a cool talent for Rain teams right now. Healing give you a second chance to try to sweep with one of the other pokémon.

I managed to get up to 1400 on the ladder, hope you like the team and enjoy playing it !

Sorry for the bad english.

romanji

you deserve someone better
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here is one Choice Specs Scream Tail team for a Mr. Scrooge McDucky. Merry Christmas!

Scream Tail is one of my favorite paradox Pokemon introduced in this generation. Normally, it's just a glue mon that can fill many roles for a team, but I have to work with Choice Specs. I tried to make it a pseudo-Noivern, albeit much weaker. With Tera Normal it can power up its Boombursts and be can be helpful in checking Gengar in a pinch. Tinkaton is basically the next best thing available for a defensive Fairy, since it and Scream Tail are very similar except this has Knock Off. This will be the Stealth Rock setter and Espathra check with Encore. Talonflame is our fast guy that can handle most of the other fast guys and is the Defogger (unfortunately). Slowking is basically just the same as it was in Gen 8, except without Scald and Chilly Reception over Teleport. Future Sight is great for softening up opponent's teams for Scream Tail to more easily spam Boomburst. Rotom-C is a good anti-Quagsire and Gastrodon pick, which greatly alleviates the hazards as well, while being a Nasty Plot Sweeper in the late-game. Lycanroc-D also appreciates Slowking's Future Sights greatly, taking advantage of Tera Fighting Close Combats to spam to your hearts content. It's also a physical attacker that doesn't have to worry too much about Talonflame with Stone Edge, and it has Accelerock for faster threats like Noivern and an Espathra that has gotten out of hand.

I hope you have a great day and a better holiday season bro!​

One Brambleghast + Scarf Hydreigon spikestack team for TrixieTheChamp

https://pokepast.es/8e4bef925635853f

This isn't too revolutionary a team overall. Just set up hazards with Tinkaton/Quagsire/Brambleghast, then keep threatening out pokemon using the choice trio of Hydreigon/Tauros/Gengar. Additionally, Tinkaton is a threathening pokemon in her own right and her bulk+encore give you a good chance against setup sweepers, while both Gengar and Brambleghast can help make sure hazards stay up. This team is all about staying two moves ahead of your opponent and making incremental progress until you can finally start picking off pokemon one by one, which isn't my usual style but was very fun to build for a change! Best of luck with it and have a good start of winter!

Happy holidays, r3io4mf ! You asked for a Rabsca team, so here's my take on it: Trick Room feat. Recursive Revival.

:rabsca: :copperajah: :slowking: :eelektross: :hatterene: :crabominable:

The first two things that stood out to me about Rabsca are Revival Blessing and Trick Room, so I decided to go that route. Memento also helps facilitate safe entry for one of its teammates. Next I wanted something that could hit hard without needing setup, and went with Sheer Force Copperajah with Tera Flying to cheese people going after the Ground/Fighting weaknesses. Slowking came next as a Fire resist and another TR setter. Lagging Tail is tech cribbed from BFM's team because a scuffed Teleport is better than not. Eelektross serves as a Flying resist that hits pretty hard with wide coverage and another pivoting move. Hatterene is a TR setter, special offensive threat, and while it can't revive a dead teammate, it can patch up one so it can go again. Finally, Crabominable is an admittedly questionable pick at first but it pairs well with Slowking's Chilly Reception, Trick Room, and Rabsca's Memento.

I hope you enjoy the team!

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hiya tomatosoup110, Santa told me you were looking for a Choice Band Lucario team, and I'm a good elf so I hope what I came up with is to your liking!

Lucario is really good right now IMO and the idea of super strong, CB STAB Extreme Speeds was very appealing to me, so I went with a Tera Normal set. The natural pairing for me was Slowking; CB Lucario is so strong that you don't really need Future Sight support, but it always goes well with any Fighting-type, and it does let you pull off some impressive feats - more importantly, though, it makes prediction completely unnecessary. You can CC into a Noivern or Salamence or whatever and you're still going to pop it wide open with the Future Sight backing you up, so really you only need to worry about Flame Body from Talonflame, which is why I have Stone Edge. If you're not worried about Talonflame tho, Bullet Punch helps with Gengar being really annoying.

Tinkaton is just Ol' Reliable™ and is a nice fitting rocker to pair with Lucario since Lucario isn't really much of a Steel-type, plus having something to knock the boots off Flying-types makes CC spam even more dangerous. It's your best bet for checking Gengar in the early game and helps with the Espathra MU. Sandy Shocks provides a nice offensive Ground-type that not only sets up Spikes for the dog but also gets you in pretty safely to blow shit up against something like Tsareena - you can also make aggressive doubles with it, because switch ins to stuff like Toedscruel are so telegraphed when you have Sandy Shocks on the field.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom is a fun setup sweeper I wanted to try for a few reasons; the main was that Slowking's Chilly Reception lets you use Tera Ice on Oricorio and have it be pretty effective, since you get the huge Defense boost and can not only tank Ice Beams but even random Stone Edges lol. Tera Ice lets you bop most Ground-types - Gastrodon and Quagsire are neutral to it but Gastro is setup fodder if it doesn't have Clear Smog and Quag doesn't really like taking Hurricanes. It's a fun mon but you might wanna run boots on it. Give both a try and see how you do. Finally, Talon is a speed control option that can win after Lucario busts up fat Waters, Grounds and Rocks, while also being a decent Fighting resist; you may wanna run more bulk on it though, Slither Wing can get a bit scary.

A few replays of the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747210140
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747224947-zhyyynw4b0xud2t3kbgdu3eq3o1ja18pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747241787-eqn0x4ph7m6ys5erxa2z0w39ez9kg9spw

Be careful around Sandy Shocks in particular, but other than that I had a lot of fun using this team and was able to win a few high ladder games with it, so I hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas!! :D

Queen of Bean

is a Community Contributor
UUPL Champion
Hiya tomatosoup110, Santa told me you were looking for a Choice Band Lucario team, and I'm a good elf so I hope what I came up with is to your liking!

Lucario is really good right now IMO and the idea of super strong, CB STAB Extreme Speeds was very appealing to me, so I went with a Tera Normal set. The natural pairing for me was Slowking; CB Lucario is so strong that you don't really need Future Sight support, but it always goes well with any Fighting-type, and it does let you pull off some impressive feats - more importantly, though, it makes prediction completely unnecessary. You can CC into a Noivern or Salamence or whatever and you're still going to pop it wide open with the Future Sight backing you up, so really you only need to worry about Flame Body from Talonflame, which is why I have Stone Edge. If you're not worried about Talonflame tho, Bullet Punch helps with Gengar being really annoying.

Tinkaton is just Ol' Reliable™ and is a nice fitting rocker to pair with Lucario since Lucario isn't really much of a Steel-type, plus having something to knock the boots off Flying-types makes CC spam even more dangerous. It's your best bet for checking Gengar in the early game and helps with the Espathra MU. Sandy Shocks provides a nice offensive Ground-type that not only sets up Spikes for the dog but also gets you in pretty safely to blow shit up against something like Tsareena - you can also make aggressive doubles with it, because switch ins to stuff like Toedscruel are so telegraphed when you have Sandy Shocks on the field.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom is a fun setup sweeper I wanted to try for a few reasons; the main was that Slowking's Chilly Reception lets you use Tera Ice on Oricorio and have it be pretty effective, since you get the huge Defense boost and can not only tank Ice Beams but even random Stone Edges lol. Tera Ice lets you bop most Ground-types - Gastrodon and Quagsire are neutral to it but Gastro is setup fodder if it doesn't have Clear Smog and Quag doesn't really like taking Hurricanes. It's a fun mon but you might wanna run boots on it. Give both a try and see how you do. Finally, Talon is a speed control option that can win after Lucario busts up fat Waters, Grounds and Rocks, while also being a decent Fighting resist; you may wanna run more bulk on it though, Slither Wing can get a bit scary.

A few replays of the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747210140
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747224947-zhyyynw4b0xud2t3kbgdu3eq3o1ja18pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-1747241787-eqn0x4ph7m6ys5erxa2z0w39ez9kg9spw

Be careful around Sandy Shocks in particular, but other than that I had a lot of fun using this team and was able to win a few high ladder games with it, so I hope you enjoy. Merry Christmas!! :D
:D thanks lily the team looks awesome, you have a happy christmas too!

Merry Chrismas, plznostep!

https://pokepast.es/76973fd494c4227a

I don't have much experience with competitive Pokemon, so I just tried to put together a mixed Trick Room team with a variety of type offerings. Your Dudunsparce and an Appletun are the mons likely to benefit the most from it, while Rabsca and Polteageist are there to help set it up! Barraskewda and Kilowattrel are there to help you deal with situations where you can't set up with Trick Room as easily.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
merry christmas @[Black Knight]Gawain, here is your Gallade team you requested!

:gallade: :hydreigon: :quagsire: :talonflame: :scream-tail: :grafaiai:
https://pokepast.es/1e5ea906996de97e

Wanted to take the more BO / lighter balance approach with this since there's a lot of Agility Gallade HO's already available around so thought this would make a more interesting present.

Agility Gallade is a really cool sweeper with the insane power level allowing it to force switches and clean games really easily with its amazing coverage. Grafaiai acts as a nice pivot support for it on this team to help get it the entry points on defensive Pokemon like Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Tinkaton to make openings with. Sub NP Hydreigon provides you with a powerful wallbreaker to pair alongside it to help open up teams for a late game sweep from either it or talonflame.

Quagsire + Scream Tail give you a hazards core to help add extra pressure from the wallbreakers + grafaiai here on forced switches. Quagsire with Water absorb provides a valuable water immunity for rain mu etc, while Scream Tail helps to answer Pokemon like Noivern and Hydreigon while providing wish support to keep hydreigon and grafaiai healthy. You can lower the speed for more spdef on scream tail if you like to improve the jugulis etc matchup, outspeeding Jugulis and Hydreigon can come quite in handy at times imo though.

Talonflame rounds off your team with a strong check to Pokemon like Slither Wing, Tsareena, Bisharp, Tinkaton etc. Also provides hazard removal if necessary in your matchup, although it's wise to not aggressively remove your own spikes too much unless the matchup is such that you don't need the extra damage to break.

Tera type explanations:

-> Gallade doesn't really want to tera very often over other stuff usually, but Tera steel is a nice option to remove your Flying weakness for a set up, or make you resist first impression from slither wing. also removes the gengar shadow ball weakness to use your nice spdef among other things potentially.
-> Tera Ghost talonflame lets you beat lucario and spin block to help keep the hazards pressure up.
-> Tera Dark Grafaiai lets it check espathra even better if necessary by providing a psychic immunity and letting it lock it into stored power as well as set up moves.

Preferably want to tera hydreigon a lot of the time for the SubNP steel value, but gallade has value for set up or confirming sweeps as does talonflame for spinblocking depending on matchup, otherwise you may need to defensive tera to deal with a certain Pokemon like Espathra or Lucario.

Hope you enjoy!

hey For 4LOM , heres ur av wo chien team! https://pokepast.es/7e14bc87f89d7aed

as requested it came with a wish passer, in this case being scream tail, but honestly i wouldnt have sent this w/o one anyways bc yeah av wo chien basically demands wish so good call

at first i was like god does this thing even have 4 good attacks, but i realized it does have some nice tools, mainly in stuff like body press, which suddenly lets u fight back vs stuff like bisharp/tinkaton that would normally just try to set up on u. foul play is just a catch all for hitting physical guys neutrally/catching setup sweepers ofc, and stabs are self explanatory

scream tail is the bet wisher imo so threw that on there, and encore over something like rocks lets u handle espathra easier, and allows u to set up with sd lucario easier as well. i tried cb lucario with this 6, but felt it was a bit too hard to make progress sometimes, so made it sd instead. felt way better this way. quags just insane so put that there as the rocker. picked unaware over water absorb just bc i dont think u rly need it on this kind of team and it'd make stuff like mimikyu a bit more annoying otherwise.

uturn talon looks kinda sketchy but i dont think u need wisp with insurance like wo chien, encore scream tail, and unaware quag so just said fuck it and ditched wisp. maybe thats wrong idk but utrun feels nice for getting in luke/dragalge. last up is dragalge and ive preached that i think toxic spikes are insane so i dont wanna leave without a poison type. this guy feels okay. breaks, toxics shit like the water grounds, sets up the tspikes; hes ok.

tbh i was skeptical on the av wo chien but it felt better than i thought it would in the couple games i played. the rest of the stuff felt solid enough. hope u enjoy it and happy holidays!

Merry Chrismas, Miyami~~~
https://pokepast.es/e5edb326dc45ae2a
you asked me for a team with snorunt but it has evolved into Abomasnow I'm not a good builder but I thought I'd make a semi-snow team to make use of the Aurora Veil to set Esthra and Cetitan I send you another team that came to my mind while I was doing semi-snow is a bulk-offensive with Abomasnow with a more offensive set https://pokepast.es/cf716758332fa3a1
Thanks to Estarossa for hosting this project ( it was a lot of fun trying to make teams ) and for helping me to improve the team . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Merry Christmas, Comfey Canto!

https://pokepast.es/4f35fb270496f9cf

:sv/mabosstiff: :sv/kilowattrel: :sv/tsareena: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/gastrodon: :sv/grafaiai:

You requested a Choice Band Mabosstiff team and suggested Talonflame or Kilowattrel as a partner. I went with Kilowattrel here just because I wanted to try building with more Gen 9 mons. From here the team came together pretty easily. The main gameplan of the team is to prepare Mabosstiff and Kilowattrel to wallbreak to the best of their abilities. Tsareena removes the hazards that Mabosstiff and especially Kilowattrel fear so much and acts as a defensive pivot to bring them both in. Tinkaton and Gastrodon both set hazards of their own to make things easier for the main two to break, and the former also has Thunder Wave support to allow Mabosstiff to overcome its somewhat lower than average Speed tier. Grafaiai is the final support mon, with priority Parting Shot and Encore to further shut down offensive mons and bring in the dog and bird safely, as well as being the Knock Off mon of the squad!

Enjoy the team and your holidays!

Luirromen

:]
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Better late than never! Happy holidays Turtlek , here is your requested Medicham Screens Offense
:medicham: :iron-thorns: :tinkaton: :klefki: :drifblim: :espathra:
(Click on the sprites for team importable)
:medicham:
This UU has a good variety of Fighting types, so while building this, I asked myself "What can differentiate Medicham from other?", specially with Gallade that shares a lot in common, at first I considered a Bulk Up set, but Medicham's bulk is not that great even behing Screens, and Gallade has a better set up option in Sword Dance, so I instead moved with something Medicham can do and Gallade cant, and that is deal inmediate damage without neeeding to set up!
I decided to run an All-out attacking set to take advantage of Medicham hight attack after Pure Power, you have your dual STAB Close Combat and Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch for priority (Fake Out is also an option but I find Bullet Punch more consistent) and finally Thunder Punch, Thunder Punch allows you to hit for supper efective damage both Talonflame and Slowking in 1 slot, 2 of the most viable fighting resist, Tera Electric is there to help you break past them, tho is not the premier Tera type user of the team.

:iron-thorns:
I decided to pair it with more set up sweepers that can abuse Screens, and get physical walls weakened, my next pick was Iron Thorns, despite this set doesnt have an Electric STAB, I dont find it that useful, so I instead dropped it for Earthquake to form a Rock/Ground coverage that already covers each other pretty well, and for last Tera Blast + Tera type Grass, as this tier Ground types are more vulnerable to Grass moves than Ice moves, specially at breaking through our best Unaware wall Quagsire, Grass tera type also allows you to have a back up vs Rain teams, despite Iron Thorns relative low speed, I went with a Jolly Nature with enought speed to outspeed max speed Talonflame after 1 Dragon Dance, this prevents Talonflame being able to burn you, and as a side effect, you also outspeed Kilowatterl after 1 DD as well, being one of the only ways to revenge kill Grass Iron Thorns with Hurricane in Rain teams.

:tinkaton:
Tinkaton is a very good pokemon, and despite having a misersble 75 base attack, after a SD can become really hard to stop, I gave it max speed and attack with Adamant nature alongside a Lum Berry, Lum Berry helps to lure Talonflame and Rotom that might try to burn you, also I added Rock Slide as a way to deal with Talonflame, despite this coverage cant really touch Steel types, I didnt find myself in the need for that, as a +2 Gigaton Hammer deals massive damage even to Steel resist targets (Besides that Tinkaton itself is the most common Steel type rn who is neutral to Steel)

:klefki:
Klefki is your Screens setter, and can also provide Spikes, not to much to add here, I gave it a more offensive EV Spread with Steel Beam, but you can make it bulkier if you want, Steel Beam deals a very respectful damage while letting you bring another pokemon as you faint.

:drifblim:
Drifblim is an interesting pick, I was originally using Ghost Oricorio, the point here is to add a Spin Blocker that also doeasnt care that much about Earthquake since Spin Donphan is quite common, Mismagius also has this characteristics, but is actually pretty frail even behind Screens, Drifblim gets walled by Bisharp, and I didnt want to give it Tera Blast + Tera Fight just to remove it since Iron Thorns is pretty much your main teratype user, so I gave it Will-o-wisp, this cripples Bisharp and can help you to set up even better on other Physical attackers.

:espathra:
Last I just added the most broken and easy to use pokemon on Screens, Espathra. The set is just the standar set up sweeper set, Protect allows you to play around First Impression Slither Wing, while stacking Speed Boost, the EV spread allows you to outspeed Scarf Gengar after +2 Speed, and the remaining on bulk, Tera Fairy since this set doesnt have Tera Blast to use Tera Fire or Fighting.

Hope you like it!

Happy Holidays Corporate Donkey !! Here is your Toxtricity Tera Normal Specs + Stun Spore Slither Wing paraspam Team!!

https://pokepast.es/8be768f4141bbe52

When I first started, I just got back into comp and thought UU would be a good place to start. I made a terrible team and after getting some help and playing over 75 games, I fixed this team right up for you! I underestimated how strong paraspam is because after playing for a while I realized that there is just no way for people to get rid of it once you hit it, and having 3 mons on the team that can twave/stun spore really helped me out.

For Toxtricity, I found it to be very strong against anything that doesn't resist it. It is straightforward in how you play it, with volt switch just in case you need to escape a bad match up. Overdrive is good stab if you don't want to tera, and Boomburst is there because well base 180 power with punk rock is slightly strong (its very strong)

The second mon is Slither Wing. When I saw paraspam, I thought "How am I going to fit a hyper aggressive mon with stun spore on this?" Well after testing, you can still play aggro with it, while still being able to stun. First Impression is there to catch people off guard, or kill gallade/espathra if needed.

Tinkaton is overall a very strong SpD tank with access to thunder wave. I chose a basic set for it, having hammer and knock off running with rocks and twave so that it can bait out those carries and eat them right up. Knock off is very strong because so little decents mons have it now, and with rocks; if you hit off someone's HDB then it's just ggs.

For type coverage and rapid spin, Tsareena is quite bulky and can hit quite hard back. Power Whip/UTurn/Rapid Spin are all to be expected, however I found running Synthesis is quite good to keep her alive. She is important to the team, and can tank pretty well. I use her on most teams now, as she is better than Brambleghast once you get into 1200s.

Talonflame has saved me so many times on this team. Running it with defog and uturn + max speed is insane. Having Roost and Brave Bird as well to bait out anything that wants to kill also helps. It is quite good as a mon, and although there is no fblitz, I found that I do not really need it. UTurn and Brave Bird do a lot now, and I am confident in the set

Finally, to annoy those rain teams and have that water resists- its none other than Slowking. Having Twave as another paraspam user along with being a heavy SpD tank means that stored power teams will not be able to breakthrough. A standard set of Chilly Reception for switching out, and Surf + Future Sight for damage, can really catch people off guard. Baiting in carries after using Future sight is quite effective, and makes this mon even stronger. It is a good final mon to balance out the team!

Sorry for this being late, but I really hope you enjoy the team! While making and testing it, I found a love for UU and it's mons; so I hope you enjoy this team as much as I did!!

https://pokepast.es/fbbed489c61d9a52
:quagsire: :cetitan: :slowking: :slither-wing: :espathra: :coalossal:
So Kizaco asked for a Cetitan+Quagsire team, I hope this one is viable because I am not awesome at teambuilding. I added Slowking because it's an obvious partner to Cetitan, with Psych Up to cripple Espathra. I wanted to do a team that used Chilly Reception to bring safely threats that usually have trouble to switch in. I added Slither Wing to benefit from the huge momentum it offers, the Band set is good vs Rain as it can OS jolly Pelipper and Floatzel with the good move. Espathra is an amazing cleaner if it can setup on a locked attacker. I added Coalossal because I needed a spinner and I wanted to punish U-Turn as I missed a Bug resistance. Happy Holiday and Glory to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Happy Holidays 1BluLizard! Here's your Scovillian team.

https://pokepast.es/e67fb2d49db227dc

Scovillain pretty much required me to make a sun team. The only issue was that I had to use manual sun because there are no sun setters in UU. The main idea of the team is to set up sun with Grafaiai, then parting shot into either Scovillain or Slither Wing. I also brought Gastrodon and Sloking to take hits for the team, and make the rain matchup much more playable. Finally, I put Hydreigon on the team since it has good synergy, and can abuse sun with fire blast.

martinvtran

Banned deucer.
merry christmas and happy holidays javitu :heart:

:slither-wing::tinkaton::hydreigon::quagsire::grafaiai::talonflame:

:tinkaton: slither wing + tinkaton was a fun request, especially against the offensive-dominated meta rn. tinktaton provides wonderful offensive support, with stealth rocks and it’s excellent typing. it also somewhat serves as a check to espathra bc honestly that mon scares me so much.

:slither-wing: slither wing’s role on this team is either a hard-hitting revenge-killer or wallbreaker. first-impression and close combat are mandatory stab options that are difficult to switch into. wild charge can be used to punish flying-type switchins such as talonflame. tera bug here is used to make it’s bug-stab especially powerful.

:hydreigon: sub np hydreigon is an intense wallbreaker that can provide immediate special offense to the team, and serve as a late-game cleaner. tera-steel grants STAB to flash cannon which is useful for catching fairies or having two spammable stabs.

:quagsire: hazards are essential to capitalise on the switches that slither-wing and hydreigon force. hence, quagsire + tinkaton’s spikes and stealth rock support is neccesary. quagsire also alleviates the team’s fire-type weakness, as well as having a comfortable switch-in to talonflame. quagsire provides hazard and toxic support so slither wing can finish off opponents more effectively. you will likely not use tera on quagsire, but steel is here just for the toxic immunity and grass resistance - in case it’s needed. you can also run unaware, but i prefer water absorb as this team is kiiinddaa weak to rain and azumarill.

:grafaiai: grafaiai is another important teammate with it’s pivoting and extra utility against offensive threats. priority encore pressures the set-up threats that dominate the tier, such as espathra and maybe azumarill. knock-off removes leftovers so hydreigon and slither-wing’s checks cannot switch in often, especially with spikes/sr up. i prefer parting shot here, because it weakens the offensive threats which are very prevalent rn, but u-turn is another option because slow-pivoting can help bring in hydreigon and slither-wing easier to open up holes against the opponent's team. tera dark can lock espathra into stored power and/or finish it off with gunk shot.

:talonflame: talonflame eases the team’s matchup against threats like slither wing, brambleghast, tinkaton, bisharp, and tsareena. defog is neccesary as the team is very weak to spikes. tera ghost can catch lucario’s extreme speeds, and punish it with a will-o-wisp, while also effectively spinblocking.

i think the best strategy with this team is to set up immediate pressure with hazards, knock off leftovers and wallbreak/weaken the opponent with toxic quagsire or slither-wing first so hydreigon can clean late-game. i personally would try and tera hydreigon/slither-wing, but you can use tera defensively when in a pinch.

big thanks to estarossa for helping me <3

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Merry christmas giove97
You asked me to build an armarouge+rotom-w team and here it is https://pokepast.es/1a13c3b524593df7
I tried to balance the team around armarouge, giving it it's weakness policy + weak armor set in order to sweep
Tinkaton and Krook help avoiding set up sweepers with Encore+Taunt. Rotom spreads status in order to make armarouge sweep easier. Finally Tsareena helps removing dangerous hazards and Tauros-Water provides the coverage needed for the team, hitting the things that are missing with its good stab combo.
Sorry for delay, hope you enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)