Project Secret Santa

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
op stolen from PTF, approved by Chloe

Secret Santa

View attachment 470480

Building Deadline: December 31st

Happy holidays! I warmly welcome you to PU's seventh annual Secret Santa! It's that time of year again where we celebrate the festive season and new year and what better way than to give and receive gifts!

As most of you probably know, Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it before the building deadline. Finally, the teams will be posted in this thread by everyone participating.

General Rules:
  • Post "in" or whatever else you want to (as long as the intent is clear) to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM or Discord (s,dks%jh,2n#1319) - you can also find me in the PU discord as "gum" if that would make things easier for you. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the sign up deadline then your sign up will be void.
  • If you'd prefer having a serious or fun team, or if you don't care, please let me know so I can tell whoever will build your team. Similarly, if you have a specific archetype in mind, let me know!
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them.
  • Once you're done building, post the team you made on the thread and share the gift!
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline.
  • Have fun!
Happy holidays!

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Merry early Christmas and happy birthday to a BAD BITCHHHH :joyjoy:, I hope you like this team Chloe and thanks for being a great presence always, I'm always glad to chat with ya :D

stream sewerslvt

NP + Sweet Kiss Jynx HO as you requested, although it is quite Zard weak, sorry about that, so I added Archeops so somewhat circumvent that and Psyshock on Jynx is for Gigalith, I feel the rest is pretty self explanatory. But obviously you can just change whatever you want, Merry Christmas!

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
OMFGG like i was so happy when i found out i got my yasstie uhBella :sob: i built u some frosmoth teams YAYAYAYASSSSSS

https://pokepast.es/eca5e33d13ff999c

First i built this rlly basic bitch HO with a bunch of breakers that i think benefit from / help frosmoth out :sob: Scrafty and doublade are likeee broken and takes advantage of the steel-types (and gigalith) which frosmoth forces in OMFG and then i added archeops bcuz like ITS GIVING STEALTH ROCK!!!!!! Magneton looks slay and can easily clean after frosmoth has broken through the team and fairyvally makes it so that Scrafty yasses on you less!!

though frankly this above team is BORING and LAME so i built you something more quirky instead !

https://pokepast.es/c0d070afe9e91a27

Qd frosmoth but this time u can u-turn into scarf scrafty for surprise KO's! Tspikes synergize very well with both frosmoth and scrafty helping them against their checks like Gigalith or Ribombee so thats what i went with next, Weezing provides T-spikes AND a scrafty check omfg! Then i just added a simple defensive core of Gigalith, Sandslash, and Eldegoss to support the team!

if you didn't like these teams im gonna be mean to you merry Christmas oomfie

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
romanji Idk why you asked for Swoobat Grassy Terrian, those take like 30 seconds to build and you could've done it yourself. Whatever, makes my job easier.

:aurorus: :doublade: :swoobat: :thwackey: :qwilfish: :archeops:

Because pure Grassy Terrian HO was too easy, I decided to change things up and make this more of a standard HO that focuses more on using Swoobat as a win-con instead of how most GT HOs play to Thievul + Grassy Seed sweeper wins. Double Meatier Beam wears down special walls like Gigalith and Audino fast, ensuring that Swoobat becomes an immediate threat both on team preview and in play. Qwilfish can usually get a Spike or two up, which may not sound like much but is HUGE for ensuring some calcs go your way. Doublade is broken so it was the sixth member. Not much to say here, team's really straightforward and I won 9 out of 10 times in tests (only loss was to a Double Dance WP Claydol with Ice Beam, so take that how you will).

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
hihi sasha and Merry Christmas!
You asked for an offensive team built around NP Mesprit, so I come with the Mesprit with the nastiest of plots. definitely didn't get carried away with the artwork
EvilScientistMesprit.png

:mesprit::sneasel::togedemaru::archeops::whimsicott::jellicent:

First off, for some reason I thought I was building around Specs Mesprit, hence the name of the team. Good thing I double checked. Imma be honest, I usually build more balance-based teams, but I've been meaning to dip my toes outside, so this was a great opportunity. With said lack of experience, I figured to have a lotta pivots, making it easier to gain that momentum while minimizing risk. A couple of slightly unorthodox sets ended up on here, but I think they still work to benefit the team enough to justify. Watch out for Steel mons tho, since while I did change some of the sets a little to help, they're still scary.
:mesprit:
As you asked for, Nasty Plot Mesprit. Pretty standard set, Colbur Berry could be changed without Scrafty being here anymore, but I'd say it's still fine. I originally had Dazzling Gleam in the last slot, but ended up replacing it with Healing Wish to help with the team's durability, which it very much lacks.
:sneasel:
Mesprit loves having parties with Dark mons, so I decided to pair it with Sneasel. Sneasel was intended to be SD, but I changed it to AoA with Low Kick cuz of that Steel weakness. And Knock Off support for Mesprit is as great as ever.
:togedemaru:
Just a fun Scarfer for some speed control. Fills in a lotta other roles too, between being a pivot, great typing for soft-checking a bunch of stuff, and Lightning Rod to block Volt Switch (tho Iron Barbs can also be used). Its last slot can be either Toxic or Nuzzle, with Nuzzle helping cripple potential Mesprit threats, but I personally like having a Toxic user on my teams.
:archeops:
Not the most common set in the world, which admittedly makes some sense with Defeatist, I wanted a fast Stealth Rock setter and didn't feel Lycanroc, the other mon that came to mind, didn't fit in as well. This set can definitely be changed to your liking, specifically the last two slots with stuff like Stone Edge, Earthquake, Dual Wingbeat, etc. But the way I see it, the more pivots the better!
:whimsicott:
Needed some hazard removal, and found Whimsicott's typing to be the best option in conjunction with the rest of the team, despite playing a more supportive role than offensive. Also another pivot and Encore to further support Mesprit and friends.
:jellicent:
I felt that the team was focusing more on Speed than actual power, so I wanted a powerful wallbreaker. It especially benefits from Healing Wish, getting Water Spout up to maximum power again, and the rest of the pivots to maintain that power.

Also made a more balance team before the Scrafty ban, but figured I'll still post it: :mesprit::sandaconda::lanturn::charizard::whimsicott::scrafty:

So have a ho-ho-holly jolly Christmas! Also s/o to gum for hosting!

hi hi hi pannu i'm writing this after an eventful christmas day so apologies if things aren't coherent i will try my best reversal Silvally-Ghost is super cool beating Audino sounds extra fun. I slashed some stuff becuz i didn't know which was best so those are up to you. Oh btw i made two teams beacuse i couldn't make my midn up and the first one is maybe sorta definitely a little bit bad (but it's really fun i promise! (maybe))

team 1
:silvally: :roselia: :archeops: :mesprit: :sneasel: :klinklang:

This is just ho with rose as the lead setter cause it can sleep something and then maybe set + it's cool into gigaslash stuff. The rest is for like overloading the physically bulky stuff so that you can mauybe win with ghostvally if ur really good. The team is really weak to doublade so kasib berry mesprit is your answer have fun with that one (also sneasel to a certain degree but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yea). I think it's usually fine you might just have to sack one or two or three mons into it . idk if i have anything else to add on it so i just wanted to say that i also think egoist makes banger music and fallen from psycho-pass is one of the best eds of all time oh also i beat chloei with this which should tell you everything

team 2
:silvally: :mareanie: :sandslash: :gigalith: :tangela: :ribombee:
ok so i haven't tested this one but i'm willing to bet it's like really good because i mean just look at it. you've got all the really good stuff like gigaslash a regen core spin blocking gigaslash and uh silvally as a concept is just sort of broken too i guess? i actually made this one before scrafty got the boot so the ribombee set should be change but i'm not doing that at this stage and honestly it doesn't really matter anyway cause it's like the best mon in hte tier you could run it with 0 evs, 2 moves and one wing and it would still be like A rank. make it specs if you want ig or just keep it as is, could even make it scarf if you're scared of terrain but this should be really good into terrain anyway ccause tang is broken and haze mareanie is super anti-shenanigans. i'm just filling space at this stage cause this one is super self-explanatory but i also reckon it would win lots of games so there's that. oh also i really didn't try with the slash spread so you can add some speed if you like i just enjoy having mine very bulky if i'm not gonna run attack

sorry for the uh less than stellar write up but i wanted to get this out before christmas ended so you'\re just going to have to live with i guess. merry christmas my guy and i hope you stick with pu it's really cool and now we don\t hjave scrafty now which is awesome. i never know how to end these things and ik i'm rambling so uh here's a picture of my cat i hope you like it https://imgur.com/a/1gCcQqc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)