Project Secret Santa - Monothreat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Banner made by Ticken
Approved by: Eien, Moosical, Paleo, and Vid // Hosted by Ticken
Inspired by
Pearl's UU Secret Santa 2017

Welcome to the first rendition of the Secret Santa Monothreat!
It's typical around the holiday season for friends or acquaintances to buy or make random gifts, with a few restrictions, and exchange them for someone else's concealed gift in return. Essentially, for this event, each participant is required to message me either through a Forum conversation or in my Discord DMs that way I can keep a record of the submissions. When you message me, specify a particular set or a core + the Monothreat type you wish to have a team focused around and I will randomly select another participant to create your team that way only I know who is making what. I will provide a hide with examples for what I am looking for exactly. Remember that this is meant to be a fun event so do not stress too much about making fully optimized teams! I will scan the submissions, however, to make sure they are satisfactory and meet the rules I provide below.​
Set:
Tapu Fini @ Fairium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 228 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Moonblast

"Pls use on Water Monothreat"

Core:
"May I get a team built around Tapu Fini and Rotom-W in Water Monothreat?"

Note: The above example is an acceptable request. Feel free to add more details to their sets as you wish. Any details on more than just two Pokemon, such as saying Tapu Fini, Rotom-W, and Lanturn, will not be accepted and will be asked for a revision.

General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Please do not communicate with other participants what set/core you requested nor what set/core you must build with. The purpose here is to keep everything confidential until I send out the teams so failing to follow this can spoil the fun.
  • Remember that this Secret Santa is Monothreat themed so check out the Monothreat VR for assistance and that the current Monotype banlist is enforced. (Simply type "/rfaq banlist" in the Monotype Room for those restrictions.)
  • Message me (Ticken) if any problems arise. I will be happy to accommodate those who need some help.
Submission Rules:
  • When submitting a set, please send me an entire set as I posted in the example hide above or just fill in the mandatory information such as the item and moves. If you do the EVs yourself, please let me know what they were intended for so the recipient is aware while building the rest of the team.
  • When submitting a core, please do not send more than two Pokemon with or without sets. Any requests with more than two Pokemon will be dealt case-by-case.
  • No descriptions are necessary but are preferred, especially from those handing in a finished team.
  • *Important* If someone merely requests a set/core and fails to submit a completed team, I will not deliver their requested team!
Schedule:
Signups: December 2nd-8th
Teambuilding: December: 9th-22nd
Delivering: December 23rd-25th

Lastly, post "in" or something similar to sign-up for the event! There will be no cap for this tournament so no need to fear not getting a spot.​

Ticken

is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
The signups for this Secret Santa are now closed! I will pass out all the cores shortly - thanks to everyone who signed up and to all for submitting in your cores on time.

Some reminders:
- Please do not ask other people who signed up what they requested or what you/they receive to build with.
- You have just under two weeks to submit your final team
- I am always willing to look over what you are building if you need any comments or critiques

I believe that is all. If there are any questions, please don't be afraid to ask! To everyone who comes later, please do not post in the thread or I will have a mod lock the thread until the 22nd for the participants to share their teams as they please. Have fun building to everyone!

Ticken

B101 Leader
Thanks to everyone who put their first step forward and made a Monothreat team to be proud of! The teambuilding phase is now done so if you did not send in a team, I am sorry but you will not be receiving a present from me :[

To everyone who sent in a team, feel free to post your creation and any tips you want to share publicly, I will hand out a team to all who submitted anyways so do not feel pressured to do so. And even as this event wraps up, feel free to message me whenever if anyone has questions regarding anything Monothreat!

EDIT: All the teams have been sent out, have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)