National Dex Screens HO by Dozkek (First RMT)

20231005_154331.png

:tapu koko: :sneasler: :Gyarados-Mega:
:Volcarona: :Dragonite: :iron valiant:

https://pokepast.es/14eab18cb5de0aac

Introduction
Hello my name is Dozkek this is my first ever RMT So it might not be good. This is a team I made a while ago and decided to return to it and optimize it's sets with the help of people from the NatDex Showdown Chat. I've also taken inspiration from Pinkacross's Team Showcase post so this will be pretty similar.

The Team

:sv/tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Taunt

Role: Tapu Koko is used to set up Screens and pivot out and in some cases uses Taunt to prevent Opposing Screens, Set up moves, Removal, Etc.
Item: Light Clay is used to extend the duration of screens.
Tera: Flying is used to provide a ground type immunity in a pinch however Koko won't use tera much as it's better used for one of the team's sweepers.

:sv/Sneasler:
Sneasler @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw/Shadow Claw/Night Slash
- Acrobatics

Role: Sneasler is a potent sweeper under screens capable of dismantling teams after electric seed pops.
Item: Electric seed is used as we have Koko to set up ETerrain and boosts our defense to facilitate setting up and activate unburden while also boosting acrobatics BP.
Tera: Flying is used to give Sneasler a ground type immunity potentially allowing setup and gains STAB on acrobatics
Note: Gholdengo walls Sneasler if running dire claw so Shadow Claw/Night Slash can be used to deal with it while also dealing with psychic types

:SV/Gyarados-Mega:
Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute/Earthquake

Role: Mega Gyarados is a good sweeper for HO teams thanks to Substitute, Mold Breaker, a high attack stat while also having a nice defensive typing to help with some pokemon, it's also a good mon to pivot into ground type attacks pre mega.
Item: Gyaradosite is used to enable mega evolution and granting Gyarados the dark typing to have stab crunch while also being immune to psychic attacks for Sneasler & Iron Valiant.
Note: Earthquake over Substitute can be used to deal with things like Toxapex, Rotom-W better however sub is preferred to dodge status moves like Burn etc. while also allowing for safer setup.

:SV/Volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass/Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power [Ground]

Role: Volcarona is a very threatening sweeper with a few quiver dances up. it's the team's main special sweeper with the ability to continuously grow in power with Fiery Dance while also being able to cripple physical attackers if they're not careful of flame body.
Item: Heavy Duty Boots is very important to Volcarona as it has a major 4x weakness to stealth rock as this team has no hazard removal.
Tera: Grass is used to boost Giga Drain while also being neutral to rock and resistant to water however most rock moves are physical so it won't matter that much.

Note: HP Ground with Tera Ground can be used to not get walled by most fire types especially Heatran while also gaining a resist to rock which might save you however as mentioned most rock moves are physical.

:SV/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost/Fire Punch/Ice Spinner

Role: Dragonite is a good bulky sweeper easily setting up curses with Multiscale, Max HP, Natural Bulk. Roost also helps with longevity while checking Rain Sweepers, Volcarona etc. and allows you to continuously have Multiscale active.
Item: Heavy Duty Boots are used to preserve Multiscale.
Tera: Normal is used to boost ESpeed while also gaining an ice neutrality.
Note: Fire Punch can be used to kill Steel/Flying types while also dealing with Air Balloon Gholdengo as dnite gets walled if using roost. I
ce Spinner can be used to deal with psychic terrain as Tapu Lele is a threat.

:SV/Iron valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Encore
- Calm Mind

Role: Iron Valiant is my second potent special sweeper. Being a fairy type is helps against alot of threats in the metagame. Encore helps against passive pokemon or pokemon attempting to set up and allows for valiant to setup in return.
Item: Booster energy is used to boost speed in conjunction with calm mind after ETerrain ends while also being able to revenge kill if ETerrain isn't up.
Tera: Electric is used to boost thunderbolt while also gaining a resist to Steel, Flying helping deal with pre-tera checks like mega scizor

Closing thoughts
So yeah that's the end of my first ever RMT I've been having a nice streak with this team at the time of making this I'm at 1400 as I was stuck in the procrastination phase for awhile. thanks to the people from the NatDex ps chat especially Oculars for helping me optimize these sets. Tips on how to improve my future RMTs are appreciated and pointing out problems with this RMT is also helpful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)