0-ATK-IV

----------------------------------------------------------------
- Light Screen
- Reflect
-Roost
-Defog

Explanation:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason for Knight as the main set up for screens is simple; his typing fits very well with the idea of this team. He can take fighting hits and knock off hits very well, and in return set up screens. His defogger skills are also excellent leaving him as the best answer for guys like landorous attempting to set up rocks. Sure, he lacks an attack, but that's no matter for him it's about defending and keeping screens up throughout the entire match. Anything that counters him (Thunder and Fire) Blissey handles excruciatingly well and bogs down opponents that set up on him with Seismic Toss or you can grab a Flash Fire boost from Heatran. Surprisingly defog and screens do not conflict as much as you would think. You just learn to play through Stealth Rock. Most of this team resists rocks or only needs to come in to either revenge or force a switch. Also, wish passing helps nullify the damages dealt from hazards.

1663193730181.png

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Bold

180 Hp / 140 Def /188 Spd
0-ATK-IV
-------------------------------------------------------------------
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Body Press
- Taunt / Flash Cannon

Explanation:
Heatran has taunt to stop anything slower than him from setting up. It doesn't come up much so you can always opt for another stab move. Cannon helps a lot more with fairy types and backed by STAB allows it to be there better option IMO. Also, Heatran has a unique immunity to fire which helps cover Knight and the Leech passer of the team in Ferrothorn.

What makes this team so unique is Heatran can serve as a wall with body press or an attacker depending on the circumstances.

He is really here for his amazing typing and Balloon helps him switch in more safely and fight off against opposing Heatran!

1663193450398.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold

252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spd
0-ATK-IV
0-SPE-IV

- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Explanation:

Blissey is fantastic at setting up rocks and an even better wish passer. The idea is to set up rocks and wall anything that switches in to counter Dragapult. Seismic Toss makes Substitute users useless and allows her to counter offensive threats that are naturally walled by her or are not strong enough to break through the Reflect Screen.

Her immunity to ghost supports Dragapult more effectively and behind screens most fighting type attacks can not 2HKO her, allowing Seismic Toss to be able to boggle down even more health along with hazards.

Blissey is easy to get set up on so if I sense that my opponent is going to try and set up through calm mind, sword dance, or something much worse; I immediately switch to Dragapult. If he can't handle; I go to Ferrothorn or Heatran. If they can't handle Lando most likely can. If he can't handle it than you loose. It does suck not having a strong Haze user on the team like Toxapex, but this team so far doesn't get set up on often. If it does you have access to screens, Intimidate Leech, hazards, and seismic toss with wish. If they are able to set up faster than you can kill them than it is what it is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1663193917359.png

Dragapult @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Inflitrator
Nature: Timid

252 Spa / 252 Spe / 4 Spd
0-ATK-IV
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Explanation:

Wise Glasses does just enough damages after hazards and sometimes before. Dreepy is here for wall breaking and revenge killing due to his excellent speed. To help nulify SR damage its best to be able to switch attacks, so glasses fit just nicely on this little guy.

Dragapult can effectively bluff a spec item and then hit for super effective damage after a Draco Meteor to a common switch in.

Also, you can opt for scarf Latios or Calm Mind Latias here, but Pult resists U-Turn.

Not only does this set of Dragapult sport bluff, it has very nice coverage allowing him to revenge kill nearly anything.

He is also immune to fighting type attacks and to rapid spin, and that is something Latias and Latios can not do for this team (albeit they resist them.)

This allows for your defenses to not be washed away and countered.

This is extreemly important for a defensive team like this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1663194078249.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Impish

252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
0-SPE-IV

- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Spikes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explanation:

Ferrothorn is mainly here for his typing Iron Barbs and his ability to be the most effective Leech Passer in the game. Not only that behind screens he is damn near untouchable. Even most Fire hits will only 3HKO it allowing you to be able to Leech protect and then wish back in to the game.

Spikes is here because Hazards can be very helpful early, mid, or late game, but this team would rather have the screens up.

If your team is being walled, Horn is perfect. Iron head is here because behind screens Its more helpful against fairy types and anything attempting to stall you out or wall the team.

You may have to grind with them, but you should be able to eventually force the switch or PP stall them out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1663194318125.png

Landorous @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful

232 Hp / 78 Def / 198 Spd

- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Explanation:

Landorous after +1 sword dance pretty much 2HKO or nearly OHKO the entire format of OU and the majority of UU.

Behind screens he's given more longevity which allows more things he can effectively set up on to sweep.

If he can not sweep you just play the defensive role and come in and out with Knock Off nab away items, and get extra damages with Earthquake.

With a wish passer like Blissey, Landorous should be able to come in and out at will. I opted for more of a special defensive set because with screens and hazards his speed isn't as important to me with the regular SD set most train him Jolly Nature and in speed.

I dislike this because he's bulky enough to where he doesn't need the extra speed and if you are afraid something can wall your sweep his speed doesn't matter either. Also, if you are afraid a check or counter can switch in to him and kill then you shouldn't be attempting to sweep yet until you have widdled that pokemon down or killed it off.

So in this idea, it's about keeping him alive for when the time is right to sweep.

No sense in training him in attack his base 140+ is all that you need to ensure after one sword dance you should win the match if timed properly.

In conclusion, this team is a defensively based team that is attempting to represent balance. Not only can it set up hazards, screens, effectively defog; it can also sport excellent coverages and a very effective way in wall breaking through either Dragapult, Landorous, Seismic Toss, or Leech Seed.

Names with two colors in one name are arguably known to be higher known threats for this team!

OU Threat List:
Weavile, bulky mixed attackers, fast Taunt users like Mew.

Blaziken, Bisharp, Barraskewda, Rapid-U, Buzzwhole (ehh not really), Blacephalon, Dragonite, (can be annoying not really a threat,) Zapdos Galar, Melmetal, Toxapex (with excellent support can be annoying even tho three mon are immune to toxic and Blissey self heals) Victini, and Kartana.

UU threat list:
Moltress Galar, Hawlucha, Agieslash, AZUMIRIL, Hydeorgeion, Crawdaunt, Hippowdon (walls me hard with rest), Flygon after plus 1 DD has came up lol

Tbh this team doesn't really have anything that can all out defeat it because it's very effective at keeping screens up 24/7.

Suckerpunch on Bisharp is strong, Weavile with low kick, and Kartana are all huge threats tho.

Also a fast taunt user like mew is annoying but generally I try to Seismic Toss him in to PP stall or a switch.

Let me know about this team and what you think. Sorry for any miss spelled names, typo errors, or badly explained explanations.

Also, a lot of these mon are not immediate threats but more so annoyances to this team. Figured I would mention a couple for informative purposes.

Also, sorry, my RMT is not super flashy like most posts. It's been a while and I have not done an RMT since GEN 4.

I'm not entirely sure how to make the sprite sized gifs for the overview ROFL.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Screens on a Defog mon is an interesting choice, in practice it’s probably less dumb than it sounds, although if something sets up Rocks after you’ve Defogged and set a screen you’ve got a dilemma.

Screens on a Defog mon is an interesting choice, in practice it’s probably less dumb than it sounds, although if something sets up Rocks after you’ve Defogged and set a screen you’ve got a dilemma.
It's came up. You just kind of play through rocks. This team cares a lot more about spikes and toxic spikes. You kind of scout their team and play from there. Team is doing well on showdown.

Attachments

It's came up. You just kind of play through rocks. This team cares a lot more about spikes and toxic spikes. You kind of scout their team and play from there. Team is doing well on showdown.

Ignore the name of the team lol. I built it for fun and it ended up being kind of broken tbh. So I decided to post it. However, the explanations and Threat list is up as promised. So of you got time leave an honest opinion. Im always up for constructive criticism. Personally other then the wonky EV spreads, I think the team is your very average balanced team with a sword dance sweeper. Can't be that bad lol

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
the mons in this team form a slightly standard balance with a few moveset changes. this team is very sub optimal(aka bad) because 1) ur running screens corv 2) ur running defog on the same set 3) ur running sd lando 4) ur running no atk sd lando 5) ur running no turn pult. yeah you get the point, this team kinda sucks.

this is the new team: https://pokepast.es/8cd33d3b2ce214b4

the first change was fini for corv as it serves as a better weav switch and you already have hazard control with defog lando. scarf also cripples walls and provides ok speed control paired with pult.

i changed protect+iron head to knock and pwhip aka the standard set. it provides better hazard control and more coverage

lando is a good choice but sd lando is kind of bad and w/o corv i changed it to standard spdef defog. tbh you could also run max def lando instead of spdef.

for pult all i did was change tbolt to turn for momentum as you can pivot out of the pult switchin and set up hazards/ hit back with tran or smth.

for bliss i replaced wishtect to softboiled twave for more speed control and not losing momentum and giving free switches while tecting for recovery. i also used port instead of sr cuz rocks blissey kinda sucks imo and the momentum is alot better.

i changed the tran to more standard offensive. tbh i don't really know the set but i've seen ppl run this set on ladder so yea. it provides a tran switchin and also hits phard with eruption+magma. it can't trap pex and shit now but it'll force recovers and usually win 1v1 still.

i didn't even know corv got dual screens lmao. sd lando might fit on some cheesy veil ho or some shit but its impossible to change it to that with changin only 3 mons.

also like half ur threatlist aren't seen in ou at all, mostly in 1000-1200 ladder

the mons in this team form a slightly standard balance with a few moveset changes. this team is very sub optimal(aka bad) because 1) ur running screens corv 2) ur running defog on the same set 3) ur running sd lando 4) ur running no atk sd lando 5) ur running no turn pult. yeah you get the point, this team kinda sucks.

this is the new team: https://pokepast.es/8cd33d3b2ce214b4

the first change was fini for corv as it serves as a better weav switch and you already have hazard control with defog lando. scarf also cripples walls and provides ok speed control paired with pult.

i changed protect+iron head to knock and pwhip aka the standard set. it provides better hazard control and more coverage

lando is a good choice but sd lando is kind of bad and w/o corv i changed it to standard spdef defog. tbh you could also run max def lando instead of spdef.

for pult all i did was change tbolt to turn for momentum as you can pivot out of the pult switchin and set up hazards/ hit back with tran or smth.

for bliss i replaced wishtect to softboiled twave for more speed control and not losing momentum and giving free switches while tecting for recovery. i also used port instead of sr cuz rocks blissey kinda sucks imo and the momentum is alot better.

i changed the tran to more standard offensive. tbh i don't really know the set but i've seen ppl run this set on ladder so yea. it provides a tran switchin and also hits phard with eruption+magma. it can't trap pex and shit now but it'll force recovers and usually win 1v1 still.

i didn't even know corv got dual screens lmao. sd lando might fit on some cheesy veil ho or some shit but its impossible to change it to that with changin only 3 mons.

also like half ur threatlist aren't seen in ou at all, mostly in 1000-1200 ladder
Also considered that exact set either with fini but ended up trying a different idea same with Heatran. I do like this idea it seems more balanced and will probably produce the same results as the screens if not better. I see your version has better pivot as well.

Also considered that exact set either with fini but ended up trying a different idea same with Heatran. I do like this idea it seems more balanced and will probably produce the same results as the screens if not better. I see your version has better pivot as well.
However I do disagree about lando. Sword dance lando isn't bad or at least I don't think the set is, but I could just need to get better as a player to see a deeper insight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)