Format Discussion Scarlet/Violet Random Battle Sets

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Don't know if there's a way to generate the sets this way, but I just pulled Band Palafin without Wave Crash and lost because of it, and that doesn't seem like it should be possible.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Don't know if there's a way to generate the sets this way, but I just pulled Band Palafin without Wave Crash and lost because of it, and that doesn't seem like it should be possible.
Palafin is on the enforced STAB list because it's slower than most Pokémon in rands (its real speed at its current level is 199 which seems high, but this gen has really high speed stats across the board). This means that it will always get Jet Punch and then Wave Crash is only a potential addition.

We could take it off the enforced STAB list, but that will lead to it getting outsped a lot, and also probably cause Scarf on Jet Punchless sets which I don't think is desirable.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
the dev team is currently discussing how to fix this, and whether we want to. The simplest way to fix this would be by preventing Choice Band from having Ice Punch. The proposal to do so has significant pushback, but has a simple majority to pass at the moment. We'll see whether the team likes this set or not by the next update. I unfortunately cannot guarantee your suggestion will be accepted at this time, as a result

Edit: the majority of the team now believes that wave crashless band being 20% of palafins is desirable and optimal. It is currently not likely that your suggestion will be accepted.

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd love it if there were fewer chesto berries on fat mons. I just lost a game because my rest Bronzong had chesto instead of leftovers, and the thought occurred to me that Bronzong virtually never benefits from chesto since the only situations where it even needs / gets to click rest are situations where it's going to be able to stay in for two turns (generally against a fairly weak special attacker like lapras that can 4hko it). Against anything else, it either doesn't need to rest or is going to die regardless of chesto. Regirock is another example where it would be nice to get leftovers instead of chesto at least sometimes since it's in a similar position where it only really clicks rest in positions where it wouldn't benefit from chesto. Thanks!

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
I'd love it if there were fewer chesto berries on fat mons. I just lost a game because my rest Bronzong had chesto instead of leftovers, and the thought occurred to me that Bronzong virtually never benefits from chesto since the only situations where it even needs / gets to click rest are situations where it's going to be able to stay in for two turns (generally against a fairly weak special attacker like lapras that can 4hko it). Against anything else, it either doesn't need to rest or is going to die regardless of chesto. Regirock is another example where it would be nice to get leftovers instead of chesto at least sometimes since it's in a similar position where it only really clicks rest in positions where it wouldn't benefit from chesto. Thanks!
Hi! Thank you for your suggestion. It's been brought to the development team and has so far been denied 10-1 because the lack of team preview means that you will often need to not be helpless after using Rest. I'll let you know if this changes, but until then please do not bring it up again. Thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)