SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

New Vivillon page: https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon_go_vivillon/

Some testing will need to be done on the breeding mechanics. The way I remember it from gen 6 is that your regional data was stored in the egg when it was generated in your game, which is why breeding a different form would still give you eggs for your default form. (But someone please correct me if I'm wrong because a lot of XY data left my brain as soon as SM came out.) In this game, it looks like the postcards change your game's "default region" for 24 hours. If that's the case, then the following should be possible:

Person uses a postcard
Person breeds a bunch of Scatterbug eggs, which should now be set to the region of the postcard
Person trades a bunch of eggs to other users
Other users can hatch and evolve the eggs in their own game to get different pattern Vivillons with their own OT without using Pokemon Go themselves

That's how it should work. Testing needs to be done to see if any mechanics were changed.
Unfortunately, it does not work like that. I sent a Sun postcard to my game yesterday and caught a couple of Scatterbug. Today I sent a River postcard, bred the Sun Scatterbug from yesterday (with Ditto) and hatched Scatterbug that evolve into the Fancy pattern (the default pattern). So as my Scatterbug did not inherit the pattern from its parent (Sun) nor the wild (River), it seems like breeding will always default to the Fancy pattern (probably to prevent the Poké Ball pattern from being bred?).

On a side note, the Scatterbug that I caught yesterday still evolve into the correct pattern (Sun). So they are properly tagged.

it seems like breeding will always default to the Fancy pattern (probably to prevent the Poké Ball pattern from being bred?).
I doubt it, it's likely more for code simplicity. Same way that mons with regional forms will default to the regional one unless holding everstone.

Hasn't the Scatterbug family always produced eggs of the default pattern for that save, independently of the parental pattern?

People just overthink ball passing and the like.

I doubt it, it's likely more for code simplicity. Same way that mons with regional forms will default to the regional one unless holding everstone.
If it was code simplicity it would just default to whatever the parent is

The regional forms are absolutely an intentional coding implementation, not a default. Same here.

This is a LOT of starters, by the way -- the only ones missing are Snivy and Tepig (which is kinda funny and also cruel that it's just them specifically, AND that they were absent last gen too).

For a while I've been saying that I totally understand dex cuts but I feel they should prioritise getting in as many starters as they can despite that because arguably they're the Pokémon you can guarantee most people will want to transfer up; so I'm pretty happy with this! Might just have to pick up Scarlet at some point if I really can have my Infernape and Feraligatr in it :)

If it was code simplicity it would just default to whatever the parent is

The regional forms are absolutely an intentional coding implementation, not a default. Same here.
What I actually meant is, that for each pokedex n° they likely have a "egg spawns this (unless everstone)", so they didnt go out of their way to implement any other specific for multiform mons.

What I actually meant is, that for each pokedex n° they likely have a "egg spawns this (unless everstone)", so they didnt go out of their way to implement any other specific for multiform mons.
Shellos & Gastrodon spawn eggs based on their parent, as do other such forms like Pumpkaboo and Sawsbuck (or at least Sawsbuck used to work like that, perhaps it differs now)

There's a scatterbug & spewpa matched to every Vivillon internally. It seems extremely intentional tha they do not want you to breed the Vivillons rather than being a coding shortcut to simply produce the default scatterbug for your region.

View attachment 495614
Milotic and co are Part 1, Metagross and co are Part 2. Anything else, we have no idea.

I mean, I quite expect Ludicolo to come with Shiftry as version exclusives, but, anything beyond those is yet to be revealed.

(For the record, sorely missing Pinsir, and no Paldean Miltank is an utter waste)
I can see Kommo-o and Metagross being version exclusives (Kommo-o for Scarlet and Metagross for Violet) with potential Paradox forms being available in the opposite versions (Potential Past Metagross in Scarlet and Future Kommo-o in Violet).

BTW, a Team of Kantonian and Alolan Ninetales and Kantonian and Hisuain Arcanine sounds like fun:-)

Sad we don't have Rapidash but a Horse Team of Mudsdale, Zebstrika, Glcier, Spectrier, Primal Palkia and Arceus would also be interesting.

Also - how many Pokemon are left if we remove those being transferable already or after Home releases?
I'm asking as maybe the list is not full yet as it would be really strange to leave out just Serperior and Emboar and keep all other Starters.

I can see Kommo-o and Metagross being version exclusives (Kommo-o for Scarlet and Metagross for Violet) with potential Paradox forms being available in the opposite versions (Potential Past Metagross in Scarlet and Future Kommo-o in Violet).

BTW, a Team of Kantonian and Alolan Ninetales and Kantonian and Hisuain Arcanine sounds like fun:-)

Sad we don't have Rapidash but a Horse Team of Mudsdale, Zebstrika, Glcier, Spectrier, Primal Palkia and Arceus would also be interesting.

Also - how many Pokemon are left if we remove those being transferable already or after Home releases?
I'm asking as maybe the list is not full yet as it would be really strange to leave out just Serperior and Emboar and keep all other Starters.
Do you mean for SV specifically?
Counting the base game Pokemon (including the "foreign" Pokemon) + only the Pokemon on this list SV will have 681 Pokemon

It seems safe to me to also include the remaining Legendary Pokemon, but not the Ultra Beasts, as that fits snugly in the "over 230" (236) number that removing the already-in-thegame Pokemon from the list doesn't reach otherwise which would put it to 712. So of the 1015 Pokemon (that we know of) there would be missing 303.

Do you mean for SV specifically?
Counting the base game Pokemon (including the "foreign" Pokemon) + only the Pokemon on this list SV will have 681 Pokemon

It seems safe to me to also include the remaining Legendary Pokemon, but not the Ultra Beasts, as that fits snugly in the "over 230" (236) number that removing the already-in-thegame Pokemon from the list doesn't reach otherwise which would put it to 712. So of the 1015 Pokemon (that we know of) there would be missing 303.
I more meant if out of the 130ish Pokemon spoiled to return we remove the transfer only Pokemon shown earlier (Pokemon like Charizard, Greninja etc) how many Pokemon are left from the leak?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This is a LOT of starters, by the way -- the only ones missing are Snivy and Tepig (which is kinda funny and also cruel that it's just them specifically, AND that they were absent last gen too).
Literally every mon still missing besides Furfrou is a Unova dude. Guess we know which old region revisit is up next at some indeterminate point in the future!

Literally every mon still missing besides Furfrou is a Unova dude. Guess we know which old region revisit is up next at some indeterminate point in the future!
Alolan Raticate and Spinda, which are both catchable in at least one set of Switch titles, are in an odd place right now.

Alolan Raticate transferred from Bank to Home or from Go directly into Home(Instead of into the Go Park in Let's Go) have no place to go right now.
Spinda caught in BDSP cannot be put into Home and none transferred from Bank to Home can be sent to BDSP

Unfortunately, it does not work like that. I sent a Sun postcard to my game yesterday and caught a couple of Scatterbug. Today I sent a River postcard, bred the Sun Scatterbug from yesterday (with Ditto) and hatched Scatterbug that evolve into the Fancy pattern (the default pattern). So as my Scatterbug did not inherit the pattern from its parent (Sun) nor the wild (River), it seems like breeding will always default to the Fancy pattern (probably to prevent the Poké Ball pattern from being bred?).

On a side note, the Scatterbug that I caught yesterday still evolve into the correct pattern (Sun). So they are properly tagged.
Very unfortunate, but thank you for confirming.

Hasn't the Scatterbug family always produced eggs of the default pattern for that save, independently of the parental pattern?
Correct. My question was whether the postcard function actually replaced your save's default pattern (for 24 hours), because the wording on the website implied that that might have been how it was coded. But sadly not the case.

1677630040953.png

And, for the record, those are the non-legendary 'mons that we have some certainty won't be making it to SV; perhaps Serperior and Emboar make it, but the rest ain't looking that good.

I'm excluding legendaries, because, while Quagsire and Perrserker, which are in the game, received the same treatment with the data scrub as the confirmed DLC species and the ones we are expecting to make it, the legends already in, bar IIRC Enamorus, did not. So, anything may happen with legendaries and similar stuff.

Damn Kanto, even with the sheer ammount of DLC rep, you are still missing many lines. Then again, vanilla was quite lacking in Kanto 'mons... And geez Unova.

View attachment 495902

And, for the record, those are the non-legendary 'mons that we have some certainty won't be making it to SV; perhaps Serperior and Emboar make it, but the rest ain't looking that good.

I'm excluding legendaries, because, while Quagsire and Perrserker, which are in the game, received the same treatment with the data scrub as the confirmed DLC species and the ones we are expecting to make it, the legends already in, bar IIRC Enamorus, did not. So, anything may happen with legendaries and similar stuff.

Damn Kanto, even with the sheer ammount of DLC rep, you are still missing many lines. Then again, vanilla was quite lacking in Kanto 'mons... And geez Unova.
A small correction but while Johto Wooper, Quagsire & Enamorus got scrubbed, Perrserker did not.

And since I'm here, putting aside the Legendary pokemon aisde from Enamorus like you mentioned, the Kalos & Galar starters, Samurott line & Carbink also weren't scrubbed. Also, I suppose, none of the alt forms that didn't already have entries didn't get scrubbed either aside from Wooper? That one's a little weird, since 3 of the hisuian evolutions come from Hisui formed Pokemon so you'd think they would accommodate them.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
View attachment 495902

>Gumshoos is in the base game
>Conkeldurr is coming back
>No Machamp
>No Drampa
>No Pyukumuku

Shit game

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 495902

Damn. Can’t believe no Orbeetle. Dude was fire in Galar. No Aegislash also kinda sucks, but the rest I guess I can live without.

View attachment 495902

Togekiss :psysad:

Unova does stick out like a sore thumb just like Sinnoh did last Gen, but Kanto is also missing a lot of lines too.

We all know Unova remakes are inevitable, but maybe Legends Johto too? (that obvi features the Kanto+Johto + friends dex)

TTBT, I'd rather have Legends Unova than BW remakes. BW's story was incomplete even by B2W2's end IMO.
I agree, Legends overall is a way better formula of expanding the lore and story rather than just rehashing it to less than great results. Hopefully BDSP was just to tide us over in 2021 as COVID delayed everything and we won't see a 1:1 remake again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)