SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

New Vivillon page: https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon_go_vivillon/

Some testing will need to be done on the breeding mechanics. The way I remember it from gen 6 is that your regional data was stored in the egg when it was generated in your game, which is why breeding a different form would still give you eggs for your default form. (But someone please correct me if I'm wrong because a lot of XY data left my brain as soon as SM came out.) In this game, it looks like the postcards change your game's "default region" for 24 hours. If that's the case, then the following should be possible:

Person uses a postcard
Person breeds a bunch of Scatterbug eggs, which should now be set to the region of the postcard
Person trades a bunch of eggs to other users
Other users can hatch and evolve the eggs in their own game to get different pattern Vivillons with their own OT without using Pokemon Go themselves

That's how it should work. Testing needs to be done to see if any mechanics were changed.

Reactions: R_N

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Apparently, GF left some data pointing at which Pokémon are returning in the DLC.

Here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/RpkRJQ54

Notably, it includes Blitzle, Sewaddle, Ducklett, Pikipek, and Minior lines, which could be caught in any Switch games.

The only missing lines are Snivy, Tepig, Patrat, elemental monkeys, and Furfrou.
They're really covering just about every mon who never made it into SwSh or PLA from all the old generations so that everyone is usable in at least one mainline game between SwSh, PLA, and SV.

Seems the only mons who are still fully Dexited as of now are the ones you mentioned and Beedrill.

RIP Beedrill, Watchog, and monkeys. Furfrou I suppose is because of the customization and whatnot, the former three are just that unlikable I suppose. Beedrill in particular just lives in Butterfree's shadow while Watchog and the monkeys are just that disliked and bad.

I feel bad for Beedrill, who hasn't been around since Gen 7 or LGPE...talk about being the only one from the first four generations to still not make it into any of SwSh, PLA, or SV.

New Vivillon page: https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon_go_vivillon/

Some testing will need to be done on the breeding mechanics. The way I remember it from gen 6 is that your regional data was stored in the egg when it was generated in your game, which is why breeding a different form would still give you eggs for your default form. (But someone please correct me if I'm wrong because a lot of XY data left my brain as soon as SM came out.) In this game, it looks like the postcards change your game's "default region" for 24 hours. If that's the case, then the following should be possible:

Person uses a postcard
Person breeds a bunch of Scatterbug eggs, which should now be set to the region of the postcard
Person trades a bunch of eggs to other users
Other users can hatch and evolve the eggs in their own game to get different pattern Vivillons with their own OT without using Pokemon Go themselves

That's how it should work. Testing needs to be done to see if any mechanics were changed.

Scatterbug and Spewpa have as many different forms as Vivillon has, code-wise (and Pokemon Go shows them).

I'm expecting legendaries and the 2 missing starter lines to make it after all; Magearna ended up being added despite being absent in the equivalent, as explained in the Twitter thread.

Still, finally able to run Alolan Muk and Galarian Weezing side by side huh? Awesome.

(and, for the record, I still believe Cleavor would have worked better with 120 Atk, 90 Def and 85 Speed; just middle of the ground between Scyther and Scizor).

There is precedent for a lot of legendary Pokémon being added that aren't in the Pokédex in any way, shape or form -- that is entirely what Max Raid Dens were in Crown Tundra. In fact, that was also the case for the Hoenn Starters. So while I find it strange that not even a couple aren't in the Pokédex and considered part of one of these areas' "wild" Pokémon I can still easily see them all being added back

Slowking @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Oblivious
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Chilling Water
- Slack Off

Agency tech to beat Waking Waves.

So fun fact, GF didn't actually version lock the raids yet, so I picked up an Iron Leaves real quick in my Scarlet version. Been having trouble joining raids since the event started, but I've been able to get through in both raids.

So fun fact, GF didn't actually version lock the raids yet, so I picked up an Iron Leaves real quick in my Scarlet version. Been having trouble joining raids since the event started, but I've been able to get through in both raids.
Afaik raids aren't meant to be "version locked".

Or rather, you can only spawn the version one, but you can join both, kinda like Gmax raids in the past.

Anyone know the full move pools for Iron Leaves and Walking Wake? And are they shiny locked?

Last edited:
Adjusting it so it accounts for the cross gen evolutions in their proper spots i'd say the only real loser is gen 6

Gen 4 & 8 had a lot of pokemon in the base game, especially comparative to how big their generation is, and they also get a bunch of their pokemon as "foreign" legendary Pokemon.
Gen 6, though...well with the +6 (total, across 3 lines) it winds up at a little over half its generation but it could do so much more. Even if we assume the XYZ trio are also in, and just not in a dex proper, its like...you can squeeze a few more in there. I believe in you

Didn't the Legendaries not even get dex entries for the most part? I don't remember how that lines up with the pre-release mon list

Didn't the Legendaries not even get dex entries for the most part? I don't remember how that lines up with the pre-release mon list
More or less
The musketeers, the birds and the regi got entries because they were in the Crown Tundra dex. All the other legends didn't get entries, beyond the oddities of the ones present in the base game "foreign" 35 who had entries unused and eventually added to Home.

Getting my sheet updated. Anyone post the Movedata dumps for the new moves so we can look at all of it together?
I realized I also forgot to ask if anyone has the full dex data for the two new mons (all the auxiliary fields like shape and colour and height and weight and such)

I realized I also forgot to ask if anyone has the full dex data for the two new mons (all the auxiliary fields like shape and colour and height and weight and such)
We have the pokedex info from the official site:

Walking Waves
Height: 3.5 m / 11'6" - Weight: 280.0 kg / 617.3 lbs

Does It Have Some Relation to a Sketch in the Scarlet Book?
Walking Wake resembles a sketch made by a member of the Area Zero Expedition in the Scarlet Book. It bears a uniquely shaped set of horns on its forehead. It also supports its weight with just its hind legs and walks bipedally.

Iron Leaves
Height: 1.5 m / 4'11" - Weight: 125.0 kg / 275.6 lbs

Does It Have Some Relation to a Sketch in the Violet Book?
Iron Leaves resembles a sketch made by a member of the Area Zero Expedition in the Violet Book. It has a smooth, glossy body that has a metallic texture, and apparently the glowing parts on its forehead and neck sometimes transform to look like longswords.

Edit: The other stuff we don't have yet I don't think, and I don't know if we can get that info before the dlc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)