SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

And the entire deal of Megas not being "only a thing in this region", and instead being seen in a Gen I homage just before XY's release, playable in 4 different regions, and still going strong in GO and the like. They aren't quite the same deal as the other 3 gimmicks.
To be honest, to this day I still wonder if the whole "Mega being the liked supermechanic" has more to do with them being the *first* one and actually present in 2 generations, rather than them being better or cooler or anything.

From what I recall (Feel free to disprove me on this) they weren't even planned to be in SM, they only ended up including them because of popularity. (Not a case that the first VGC format of that generation did not allow for megas despite several Alolan natives being able to mega evolve)

People like super modes and while g-max is kind of a super mode, megas are explicit super modes. And you have to do a henshin pose and everything to activate it. And the designs are often "blank....BUT MORE!!!" which always gets people excited more than people think they're dumb.
So they get popular and because they get popular they get used more in various aspects of the franchise. And since dexit means they don't have to care about availability they can shove them in the spin offs and junk even now.

If G-Maxes were made before Megas, and were exactly the same as they were in SWSH, they likely wouldn't have had the same lasting popularity just because they hit a different niche on the mode spectrum. Same with Z-moves.

e: and iirc they way they were marketed was very different between it & G-Maxes as well. There was a bunch of merch related to megas compared to g-maxes and i imagine a lot of that comes down to g-maxes are "big" and a bit more roundabout (since its a super mechanic of a super mechanic).

They also are more of an actual new form, and less of a cosmetic change of a thing every species but 3 can do in Galar, with a different move.

Yeah, Gigantamax is more similar to species-exclusive Z-crystals than to Megas, TTBT. And, while Alola games had them as an afterthought due to the focus on Z-moves, Let's Go did double down on them.

Megas, at the end of the day, are more similar to cross-gen evolutions and regional variants than to Z moves, dynamax and terastalization.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
View attachment 495347
As far as I know, this image was not doctored in any way. The graphics enhancement patch may seem a bit like goofy copium but like I dunno man, it got everything else spot on, what do you want me to say?
What this tells me is that Game Freak really is as lazy as everyone's always been saying. Imagine waiting for a DLC content update to release a patch that will try and improve the visuals of your game when what you could have done is just not made a rushed game at all.

What this tells me is that Game Freak really is as lazy as everyone's always been saying. Imagine waiting for a DLC content update to release a patch that will try and improve the visuals of your game when what you could have done is just not made a rushed game at all.
Someone really doesn't know how major patch releases work huh.

Releasing a ipotetical major patch is always done at same time as a DLC launch or similar big events if possible, because it's the best moment to have players download large amount of data at same time as they are downloading the DLC content at same time.

All companies do that, not just GF. Ya'll internettians and smogooners expecially need to stop throwing the word "Lazy" at random on everything pretending to know how development and marketing work when you clearly do not.

As far as I know, this image was not doctored in any way. The graphics enhancement patch may seem a bit like goofy copium but like I dunno man, it got everything else spot on, what do you want me to say?
It's not uncommon for a leaker to post a bunch of real stuff thats shown off in a few days, then throw in something made-up at the end. Could happen, but I'm still hesitant about it

Edit: meant to reply to the person above.

View attachment 495347
FTR you can go look up this post on a 4chan archive to verified anything being doctored. It’s a real post, and the spoilered image is actually imagery we saw in the DLC trailer.

5C924B4E-C109-46D5-A690-7B9F814E4F93.jpeg

As for the information’s legitimacy, it could very well be legitimate info on what’s happening now, but it also smells a bit fishy. Something about the crudeness of the translation feels a bit too bumpy, like it’s someone intentionally making things seem like a bad translation. My gut is telling me this is someone who worked on the video editing / social media side of Pokémon’s workforce leaking details on an eminent trailer and then maybe free styling some stuff about a new switch upgrade at the end. I have no evidence to support that justification beyond hunches from older half fake half real info dumps like the smash 4 getmatsu leaks. I’ll maybe look at things a bit more closely after some sleep. Only on right now because the upstairs apartment is getting its carpet refurbished and the hammers are so goddamn loud I can’t snooze. Pikachu would be furious with me right now for my dogshit sleep quality. :tyke:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I dunno man, if they were throwing in a bit of fake info to cover the trail or whatever they could've surely picked something a bit "lower stakes"? Like maybe a fake new item or move rather than "Oh btw they're gonna address one of the biggest complaints about the game as a tie-in to a new Switch model"

I dunno man, if they were throwing in a bit of fake info to cover the trail or whatever they could've surely picked something a bit "lower stakes"? Like maybe a fake new item or move rather than "Oh btw they're gonna address one of the biggest complaints about the game as a tie-in to a new Switch model"
no thats just how these people work you get people with the easy stuff and then string them along with spicy stuff

it should be noted that 4chan's archives can't really be edited. Deleted posts happen if there's something super gross or illegal but something like this can't be posted, archived and then edited as far as I know (my knowledge of 4chan is very limited but my knowledge of 4chan-based Pokémon leaks is a bit better lol so I could be wrong, but there have been a few times where leaks have been posted, mocked, and then turned out to be true)

Switch 2 is obviously a bit sus, given how we've been baited on this for so long, but the Switch is like.. what, 6 years old this year there has to be something else coming fairly soon.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hisuian Zoroark's stats being altered makes me wonder if they might end up rebalancing some of the PLA moves before Home support is added

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hisuian Zoroark's stats being altered makes me wonder if they might end up rebalancing some of the PLA moves before Home support is added
They didn't "alter" them though, it was more likely that they were originally wrong in SV as they copypasted regular Zoroark, and when it had to go live they realized "wait a moment, we fucked up" and fixed them.

They didn't "alter" them though, it was more likely that they were originally wrong in SV as they copypasted regular Zoroark, and when it had to go live they realized "wait a moment, we fucked up" and fixed them.
Or at least realized it early (whether on their own or monitoring datamine talk) and just waited until it had to go live to push the fix with a patch. Difference in my pedantry being about whether or not GF has any attention paid to online communities both official and leak/datamining based vs just not looking at the data until it immediately matters.

Were there any other stat discrepancies (Hisuian or otherwise) between past games and SV?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnus
RMT Leader

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Or at least realized it early (whether on their own or monitoring datamine talk) and just waited until it had to go live to push the fix with a patch. Difference in my pedantry being about whether or not GF has any attention paid to online communities both official and leak/datamining based vs just not looking at the data until it immediately matters.

Were there any other stat discrepancies (Hisuian or otherwise) between past games and SV?
Kleavor (-5 Atk +5 SpD) and Cresselia (-10 Def -10 SpD) are the only other ones I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)