SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Against my better judgement I clicked on a TyranitarTube video about oh what if the mystery pokemon was being teased this entire time, and i was curious what it was; base game DID turn out to tease the Loyal 3 after all. One of his commenters pointed out there's a gorilla in Heath's journal

And after pulling out the game to check for myself like dang yeah you got me that's just a Gorilla huh.
Kinda interesting regardless
I think that's Oranguru.

I think that's Oranguru.
While there is some extra stylization going on in the drawings

It feels like its missing too much of Oranguru's stuff, like the really long "shawl" or the differeniated feet/hands. Oranguru also walks upright on the overworld, I think.

Still, Oranguru is probably the closest match, even if it's not in Area Zero. If it is meant to be Oranguru maybe it (& Passimian) were cut from the area and just kept to above ground

While there is some extra stylization going on in the drawings

It feels like its missing too much of Oranguru's stuff, like the really long "shawl" or the differeniated feet/hands. Oranguru also walks upright on the overworld, I think.

Still, Oranguru is probably the closest match, even if it's not in Area Zero. If it is meant to be Oranguru maybe it (& Passimian) were cut from the area and just kept to above ground
It's walking animation is upright, its running animation is on all fours.

I'm of the opinion that the Ruinous Quartet aren't going to get a master of some sort. Would ruin (har har) the whole thematic parallel they have to the Chinese Four Perils. If we do get another mythical (which I still doubt, to be honest), I think it'd be more related to Koraidon/Miraidon/Cyclizar and the paradox phenomenon.
the connections with the Four Perils are shaky than the Silver bridge on December 15th 1967, so, they could have a master mythical
It's walking animation is upright, its running animation is on all fours.
this was also in the past, so it could be an older species that went exticnt that we will finally see in a Legends Paldea some 10 odd years in the future

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Honestly I doubt it's meant to be Slaking or Oranguru cuz every other mon in the drawing is a Paldea original. My gut tells me it's either 1) a cut new gorilla mon or 2) an ambiguous unknown creature they did to add to the mystery of Area Zero

Speaking of, does anyone else find it weird that the Pawmi there is drawn so oddly realistic? Also that the Flamigo has such a different beak shape to the actual design?

Speaking of, does anyone else find it weird that the Pawmi there is drawn so oddly realistic? Also that the Flamigo has such a different beak shape to the actual design?
ever heard of Evolution? it'll blow your mind
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
It could be that the Flamigo of Area Zero had different diets to those of Paldea, similar to the finches of DarwinsTheory of Natural Selection, and prehaps there was a version of Slaking that had evolved to be less hairy and more energetic

I find it hard to believe that the gorilla in the book is supposed to be Oranguru or Slaking, because I’m certain that the (real life) artists would know how to draw their own Pokémon from a rear perspective. That’s exactly what all those concept art sheets are for. None of the other common Pokémon depicted in the book are ambiguous. Plus, neither Oranguru nor Slaking spawns in Area Zero, whereas all those other Pokémon do. While that could be something that just got taken out late in development… why would that happen? And why didn’t it happen with any of the others? And if that is what happened, why not edit the page in the book to accommodate the change? Everything about what’s shown in the book (even if it’s not given a plot explanation) just feels too deliberate to me to believe that they’d let that slip through.

IMO it’s either a gag or just a gesture toward the notion of regular animals existing in the Pokémon world (as much as I may not care for that idea personally)

Also that the Flamigo has such a different beak shape to the actual design?
Is it really that different? Compared to Flamigo’s artwork and model, the sketch’s beak just looks shifted down slightly to me

My guess is that even if there's a new Mystery Pokemon, the Gorilla is either a Beta idea or a red herring. Like maybe one of the Primate Pokemon had a Paradox form planned that was scrapped (which the drawing alludes to anyway) or TPC intentionally put it in there to make people speculate and talk about what it corresponds to (which would be Meta like the rest of the cryptid elements and keeps the game in conversation a bit more).

The latter seems especially plausible to me given we have things like Arven deliberately pointing out the timeline contradiction with the Paradoxes and Time Machine compared to Heath's expedition, which we now know the writers, if they had an answer, never intended to directly share with the audience even after the Hidden Treasure DLC added MORE questions with things like Terapagos and the Crystal Pool meeting.

Genuine question, do we even have a movie where this new mon could appear confirmed in any way? At this point I believe the +1 was not real since a single new mon would not fit a single game unless it was Let's Go.

Genuine question, do we even have a movie where this new mon could appear confirmed in any way? At this point I believe the +1 was not real since a single new mon would not fit a single game unless it was Let's Go.
Movies usually get announced well before now, with their relese being in the SUmmer and then various details in the lead up. Usually January would have some major shake up (ala: we know it was a Genesect movie, but not that Mewtwo would be in it until January or so).

It's why I don't think there's a movie. Feels like it'd be weird to announce in the direct anyway, especially since it probably wouldn't be a world wide release. If they do a separate Pokemon it will just be for the sake of having a new Pokemon. It's not like they don't do randomly new stuff from time to time anyway. Maybe they just want to throw out another Pokemon before the next games are out, keep out the duldrums.

That said the whole way they do movies kind of had a big shake up regardless. Covid caused the Zarude movie to be delayed until the winter, it didnt have a teaser since they just. Stopped doing movies, in general. Probably partially because of covid, but after that it just seemed like they wanted to stop doing them in general; it's not like other animation studios stopped doing movies with travel-focused production by 2024
So hell maybe they DO decide to just announce a movie here, for a summer world wide release (or maybe a Fall release, why not). Or an OVA, or whatever. Not like it has to tie into the anime proper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)