Resource Scarlet & Violet BSS Discussion

I really like my Helmet Iron def Appletun that I'm using again, anyone run or see it?

It's great with Tera fairy, I recently put Draco meteor to better hit dragons than pulse, and Skeledirge ignores the debuff. Helmet, iron def, and recover work great together, I've chipped down some kingambits for ex. Apple Acid is a good move too. The stats are fine, is it an ok Mon generally? I mainly have it for breloom, but those seem rare idk.
I've been using it from an earlier post in this thread.
Has helped me as a switch in for Palafin once it is locked into Jet Punch as well.
I've got dragon pulse on mine but need to switch to draco meteor. Pulse doesn't pack enough of a punch and I end up using Apple acid most of the time anyway.

I started with dragon pulse too. But yeah it misses kos

EDIT: on another matter, what exactly is wrong w/ Dragage? Seems scary to me, yet hardly anyone runs it. It's slow, but still. Pretty bulky w/ great power. As I understand it it's not that great of a terastallizer, but it seems fine.

Last edited:
I started with dragon pulse too. But yeah it misses kos

EDIT: on another matter, what exactly is wrong w/ Dragage? Seems scary to me, yet hardly anyone runs it. It's slow, but still. Pretty bulky w/ great power. As I understand it it's not that great of a terastallizer, but it seems fine.
It does not have the sweep potential of another dragons. Plus, weak to eq.

EQ is kinda common, but I'm almost certain it's less since last gen, especially if you discount the dragons that hit a slow dragon w/ STAB, not their EQ. You're definitely right on the sweep potential...I guess it competes too much w/ other dragons since both overlap types sans tera. I'm probably glad, it's not kind to my team imo.

Edit: "THIS THREAD IS FOR METAGAME DISCUSSION/OBSERVATIONS. Questions should go in the Simple Questions thread."

So is this rule not being observed? I'm the only one who's posted in simple questions, seems dead already.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, anyone else find Pult and Mence to be mostly special, contrary to stats? Very tough for my team.
I used a special Dragapault before I got sick of seeing so many. Already so fast so with specs plus a wide move pool it gives so much coverage. At least then people rarely seemed to anticipate it, and often would terra steel to resist dragon and then fall to flame thrower.

I wonder how the meta will chance with the new season.

Which paradox will be dominant? I can totally see Iron Bundle and Valliant having a place there, along with Floating Mane and Roaring moon.
For the legendaries, chien pao and chi yu will be monsters, hands down. Gholdengo will have many troubles now.

Iron Hand and Great tusk look great too, but i'm afraid their poor speed and Spdef could let them behind.. tusk could fit a bulky role like Dondozo, but lacking Unaware all those weaknesses.. it just hurt. Iron Hands seems more promising.
The other paradox pokemon or legendaries could have still niche, but overall i think they are threatened by the names above, except maybe for ting lu, since many pokémon that should hit it hard, are special attackers.

Last edited:

Which paradox will be dominant? I can totally see Iron Bundle and Valliant having a place there, along with Floating Mane and Roaring moon.
For the legendaries, chien pao and chi yu will be monsters, hands down. Gholdengo will have many troubles now.

Iron Hand and Great tusk look great too, but i'm afraid their poor speed and Spdef could let them behind.. tusk could fit a bulky role like Dondozo, but lacking Unaware all those weaknesses.. it just hurt. Iron Hands seems more promising.
The other paradox pokemon or legendaries could have still niche, but overall i think they are threatened by the names above, except maybe for ting lu, since many pokémon that should hit it hard, are special attackers.
I like iron hands too. I was told the legends are still gonna be banned. Just paradox is new, and maybe ace/zard idk.

Legendaries aren't in it's just Paradox. Those are the only new editions.

You can check the list in game of what's allowed it's all there.

Great Tusk is very strong. Just one rapid spin and you're faster than Dragapult. You could even run an assault vest to sponge some special hits with his hp.

Great Tusk is very strong. Just one rapid spin and you're faster than Dragapult. You could even run an assault vest to sponge some special hits with his hp.
You are right.
I hope it will get its chance since it's my favorite paradox lol.

Just wondering, since mane, bundle, etc are main threats for it , and i think they will be much used.

Still ground/fighting is so good

When pdx mons arrive I expect a lot of Moons, Manes and Tusks. Moon after a DD is insanely devastator, its only real wall is, what a surprise, Dondozo. Skeledirge has a 96% chance of 2HKO with Crunch/EQ and Clodsire is guaranteed the 2HKO with EQ.

So, if Don is one of the kings of the meta, I think it still will be after the pdx cometh.

What's an answer to rotoms? It's really hard cause they can Tera away their already few weaknesses, and you have to be willing to take a trick.

The last part is crucial. For instance, my appletun walls any feasible rotom wash or heat...bar trick.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
What's an answer to rotoms? It's really hard cause they can Tera away their already few weaknesses, and you have to be willing to take a trick.

The last part is crucial. For instance, my appletun walls any feasible rotom wash or heat...bar trick.
Haxorus? Depending on the Tera it chooses, anyway. If it retains the ground weakness (i.e. Fire) you can still EQ it.

When pdx mons arrive I expect a lot of Moons, Manes and Tusks. Moon after a DD is insanely devastator, its only real wall is, what a surprise, Dondozo. Skeledirge has a 96% chance of 2HKO with Crunch/EQ and Clodsire is guaranteed the 2HKO with EQ.

So, if Don is one of the kings of the meta, I think it still will be after the pdx cometh.
I'm looking forward to using Flutter Mane, for sure. When I used Roaring Moon for some raids, I threw a Weakness Policy on it. If it survived a supereffective hit, it instantly got +3 Attack (first turn DD.) Not sure what items I'd want to use for Series 2. Or the Tera types for Mane/Moon - I was thinking Steel for Moon, but it'd still retain its fighting weakness. Maybe Flying?

I'm also open to trying out some of the other Paradox mons, but I just can't see myself using them in a 3v3 meta.

Haxorus? Depending on the Tera it chooses, anyway. If it retains the ground weakness (i.e. Fire) you can still EQ it.

I'm looking forward to using Flutter Mane, for sure. When I used Roaring Moon for some raids, I threw a Weakness Policy on it. If it survived a supereffective hit, it instantly got +3 Attack (first turn DD.) Not sure what items I'd want to use for Series 2. Or the Tera types for Mane/Moon - I was thinking Steel for Moon, but it'd still retain its fighting weakness. Maybe Flying?

I'm also open to trying out some of the other Paradox mons, but I just can't see myself using them in a 3v3 meta.
Oh right. I was also thinking Goodra. It similarly can take a scarf, though it is similarly not ideal. Flutter Mane next series will annoy me, since it more directly outclasses Mismagius than other ghosts who may try to. I guess she'll get the axe...idk what I'll run.

EDIT: one thing TrickScarf Mismagius does is absorb other trick, which messes up all the rest kinda. I'm thinking Sticky Hold Muk, should I run 52 Spe for uninvested Brute Bonnet? Idk if their common, or if they Spe creep stuff themselves. Muk is cool stat-wise, and I don't run common stuff where I can help it. Sticky Hold forces a Tricker out, rather than forcing it into another move like a Mismagius switch-in does to Rotoms. Shadow Sneak w/ 116+ EVs almost always 2hkos Flutter Mane, slightly less if it's 0/4 not 4/0.

Last edited:

Baxcalibur (can't be burned, resists rotom wash/mow dual stabs, gets an attack boost from rotom heat overheat), even more so if you run AV. Been my go-to and worked like a charm, just be wary of tera fairy with your own tera

Baxcalibur (can't be burned, resists rotom wash/mow dual stabs, gets an attack boost from rotom heat overheat), even more so if you run AV. Been my go-to and worked like a charm, just be wary of tera fairy with your own tera
I ran it at the very beginning. Certainly ounds good, it can survive having a scarf too. I'm actually having(vaguely) fun running all 6 mons that are not on VR thread, but I'll keep it in mind if I change(for instance more likely next series.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)