Scarlet and Violet UU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I’m very big on Naclstack right now, specifically Salt Cure Recover + 2 of (Body Press Stealth Rock Protect and Iron Defense).

I think what’s really good about it is ability to Tera Dragon - this lets it stay in on Gyarados (Salt Cure breaks sub usually if it’s 0/0), Meowscarada (unless you forget about Choice Band and decide to throw away UU open finals but that would never happen), water moves from Greninja (but not Ice Beam), and physical Ground types (which don’t 2HKO with EQ anyways tbh). It’s just a pretty good defensive Tera - not like Wochien Tera Ghost level from 2 months ago, but still better than average imo.

To be fair though, you don’t actually beat Skeledirge, it can just spam Torch Song until you die, but you can Salt Cure it and burn most of its Slack Offs, (or at least 3-4), plus with an Unware mon in the back you should still beat it

Anyways, I do like this mon still and think it’s worth trying, especially with SR Body Press.

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
:tsareena: B- -> C

:drednaw: C+ -> C

what makes these good? tsar loses to talon, bad into sand, and just doesnt do much

drednaw? i thought it was only good on rain with shell smash... what niche does it even have
Sorry for the late response. Tsareena likely was voted to stay ranked due to the role compression of a Grass-type, U-turn, and Rapid Spin in one Pokemon. Tsareena is still very niche but managed to stay on the VR for these traits. As for Drednaw, Shell Smash + STABs + Tera Dark Crunch or Tera Blast Grass still allows it to act as a decent enough sweeper to stay ranked. Not much can really stand up to its move combination after a boost, allowing Drednaw to also hang on to the VR to end the pre-home metagame.

We have an important announcement as we officially lock this thread. Rae has chosen to step down from the VR team as part of stepping back from Smogon. We all thank you for your activity and amazing presence and we hope you the best!

For all the VR enthusiasts in the UU community, expect a viability list for the Post-Home metagame very soon. We hope you will stay tuned for the metagame developments during UUWC following the major shift in the tier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)