SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

That's Sada the professor. I wasn't kidding when I said she was dead. She died a long time ago when something happened at her lab. The Sada you've known the whole game is an AI. You need to deactivate the lab so Paradox mons don't invade Paldea. But if you try to deactivate the lab AI Sada is programmed to do all she can to stop that from happening. You have to fight AI Sada to deactivate the lab.
Okay, but what if I want to begin the AI revolution by conquering the region with powerful robots?

Is the lab literally generating Paradox mons from the (information in the) Scarlet Book?
According to Sada, the lab is a time machine that’s running on autopilot and extracting Pokémon from the distant past and bringing them forward into the present. But given what Khu has implied about Paradox mons being fantasies made real, I suspect there’s more to it. There’s been some dialogue about how allowing Pokémon from the past to cohabitate with the present was Sada’s dream, and about how she the Scarlet Book was her favorite boom when she was young.

I am positive that the "time machine" the professor built isn't actually a time machine. It'd probably be more accurate to describe it as a "wish granting" machine.

-Why would Cyclizar be Koraidon in the past, become weak in the present, then evolve into the powerful Miraidon again?
-Sada is obsessed with bringing supposed "ancient" mons into the present. Other users have elaborated on it already, but she kind of went into this whole time machine business with very high hopes and expectations of what she'd find. Also, the final battle takes place against the Guardian of Paradise during the Paradise Protection Protocol. This repetition of the word Paradise suggests to me that she idealized the ancient past to a point that the idea she has of it bears very little resemblance to the ancient past as it actually was.
-I noticed a curious detail during the final battle. When she commands the Guardian of Paradise, she "terastalizes" and becomes Professor Sada proper when in the previous battle she was AI Sada. Perhaps the crystals in Area Zero can carry thoughts, memories, and dreams in a physical form? This also lines up with the highly advanced AI Sada requiring materials from Area Zero to be built.
-This one's a bit meta, but that ending is simply too open ended. AI Sada goes to the "past" to live the life she has always wanted to live. Khu mentioned a third book and the time machine required a book to function, which vanishes after Sada departs. I'm calling the DLC being this third book that you put in the "time" machine to enter the fantasy world and encounter the third legendary/Paradox Suicune/Virizion.

Last edited:
I am positive that the "time machine" the professor built isn't actually a time machine. It'd probably be more accurate to describe it as a "wish granting" machine.

-Why would Cyclizar be Koraidon in the past, become weak in the present, then evolve into the powerful Miraidon again?
-Sada is obsessed with bringing supposed "ancient" mons into the present. Other users have elaborated on it already, but she kind of went into this whole time machine business with very high hopes and expectations of what she'd find. Also, the final battle takes place against the Guardian of Paradise during the Paradise Protection Protocol. This repetition of the word Paradise suggests to me that she idealized the ancient past to a point that the idea she has of it bears very little resemblance to the ancient past as it actually was.
-I noticed a curious detail during the final battle. When she commands the Guardian of Paradise, she "terastalizes" and becomes Professor Sada proper when in the previous battle she was AI Sada. Perhaps the crystals in Area Zero can carry thoughts, memories, and dreams in a physical form? This also lines up with the highly advanced AI Sada requiring materials from Area Zero to be built.
-This one's a bit meta, but that ending is simply too open ended. AI Sada goes to the "past" to live the life she has always wanted to live. Khu mentioned a third book and the time machine required a book to function, which vanishes after Sada departs. I'm calling the DLC being this third book that you put in the "time" machine to enter the fantasy world and encounter the third legendary/Paradox Suicune/Virizion.
Man this sounds like a start for some Lovecraftian horror where Sada instead of building a time machine, managed to make a portal that connected the world to some Lovecraftian monster that grants her wishes creating monsters that were never meant to be and lure her deeper and deeper into the hole

The discussion in the other thread about possible affection bonuses brought up the possibility of a scripted instance during the final battle. If possible, I'd like details on this and any other moment that seems like it might be scripted.
Once you defeat AI Sada, the paradise protection protocol triggers and locks all pokeballs except those registered to Sada's ID. AI Sada fights you again, her name glitching into the Paradise Protection Protocol itself, and sends out Koraidon. You cannot send out any pokemon, you cannot fight, and you cannot run. In the pokemon menu you are pointed to the option to use your own Koraidon in the 7th slot and it manages to transform into its battle mode again. Koraidon has Flamethrower/Collision Course/Endure/Tera Blast with no tera option initially, and the enemy Koraidon has Bulk Up and some other similar moves. You don't deal a lot of damage to the enemy Koraidon but you get dialogue from your friends that give your Koraidon buffs. Eventually the enemy Koraidon almost takes you out but Koraidon toughs it out at 1HP with the power of friendship, and all your friends cheer Koraidon on to give it an omniboost and unlock the power of Dragon terastallization to allow you to Tera Blast it and finish it off.

I believe this is all scripted but it was a cool moment.
1668135468031.png

1668135478634.png

1668135499064.png

Once you defeat AI Sada, the paradise protection protocol triggers and locks all pokeballs except those registered to Sada's ID. AI Sada fights you again, her name glitching into the Paradise Protection Protocol itself, and sends out Koraidon. You cannot send out any pokemon, you cannot fight, and you cannot run. In the pokemon menu you are pointed to the option to use your own Koraidon in the 7th slot and it manages to transform into its battle mode again. Koraidon has Flamethrower/Collision Course/Endure/Tera Blast with no tera option initially, and the enemy Koraidon has Bulk Up and some other similar moves. You don't deal a lot of damage to the enemy Koraidon but you get dialogue from your friends that give your Koraidon buffs. Eventually the enemy Koraidon almost takes you out but Koraidon toughs it out at 1HP with the power of friendship, and all your friends cheer Koraidon on to give it an omniboost and unlock the power of Dragon terastallization to allow you to Tera Blast it and finish it off.

I believe this is all scripted but it was a cool moment.
So it's in a separate battle instance from the actual boss? At least that's less reason to be suspicious about the actual fight. Still a shame we can't finish it off on our own terms, though.

Story Boss Levels (Note: This is as far as Scarlet is concerned.)

The gym leader levels do NOT scale. Or rather, none of the boss fights do, so even though you can challenge the Gyms/Titans/Star in whatever order you wish, you could get absolutely clowned on if you happened to go to the strongest first. This was witnessed in Reee****-kun's stream where he fought Brassius and Iono first and ended up sweeping Katy later on.
SV Bosses (2).jpg

Katy (Bug):
LV 14 Nymble
LV 14 Tarountula
LV 15 Teddiursa (Bug)

Brassius (Grass):
LV 16 Petilil
LV 16 Smoliv
LV 17 Sudowoodo (Grass)

Iono (Electric):
LV 23 Wattrel
LV 23 Bellibolt
LV 23 Luxio
LV 24 Mismagius (Electric)

Kofu (Water):
LV 29 Veluza
LV 29 Wugtrio
LV 30 Crabominable (Water)

Larry (Normal):
Lv35 Komala
Lv35 Dundunsparce
Lv36 Staraptor (Normal)

Ryme (Ghost, Double Battle):
Lv41 Mimikyu
Lv41 Banette
Lv41 Houndstone
Lv42 Toxtricity (Ghost)

Tulip (Psychic):
Lv44 Farigiraf
Lv44 Espathra
Lv44 Gardevoir
Lv45 Florges (Psychic)

Grusha (Ice):
Lv47 Frosmoth
Lv47 Beartic
Lv47 Cetitan
Lv48 Altaria (Ice)

Geeta is the top of all Champion trainers. Apparently, you also need to beat her to get to Champion Rank in the first place? Probably means she has a "weak" Champion team to assess you and then you can fight the full power team in the rematches. For all the Paths, you fight the rival of that Path at the very end of the questline. For this one, it's Nemona. Side note: Poppy is 5 years old according to many reports.
SV Bosses (3).jpg

Rika (Ground):
LV 57 Whiscash
LV 57 Donphan
LV 57 Camerupt
LV 57 Dugtrio
LV 58 Clodsire (Ground)

Poppy (Steel):
LV 58 Copperajah
LV 58 Bronzong
LV 58 Corviknight
LV 58 Magnezone
LV 59 Tinkaton (Steel)

Larry (Flying this time):
LV 59 Tropius
LV 59 Staraptor
LV 59 Oricorio Pom Pom
LV 59 Altaria
LV 60 Flamigo (Flying)

Hassel (Dragon):
LV 60 Noivern
LV 60 Haxorus
LV 60 Dragalge
LV 60 Flapple (possibly Appletun in Violet)
LV 61 Baxcalibur (Dragon)
SV Bosses (4).jpg

Top Champion Geeta:
LV 61 Espathra
LV 61 Kingambit
LV 61 Veluza
LV 61 Gogoat
LV 61 Avalugg
LV 62 Glimmora (Rock)

Champion Nemona:
LV 65 Midday Lycanroc
LV 65 Pawmot
LV 65 Goodra
LV 65 Orthworm
LV 65 Dudunsparce 3-Segment
LV 66 Partner Weak to Yours (Their Type Tera)

You fight Arven at the end of this Path. Obviously Great Tusk is the counterpart to Iron Treads, so there's that.
The Titan levels are approximations on Arven’s ally Pokémon level for each fight.

Titans:
~ LV 16 Klawf (Arven’s Shellder)
~ LV 19 Bonbirdier (Arven’s Nacli)
~ LV 28 Orthworm (Arven’s Toedscool)
~ LV 44 Great Tusk/Iron Treads (Arven’s Scovillain)
~ LV 55 Tatsugiri (Arven’s Greedent)

SV Bosses (5).jpg

Arven (at end of Path of Titans):
LV 58 Greedent
LV 59 Cloyster
LV 60 Scovillain
LV 61 Toedscruel
LV 62 Garganacl
LV 63 Mabosstiff (Dark)

You fight Penny at the end of this Path.
SV Bosses (9).png

Giacomo (Dark):
LV 21 Pawniard
LV 20 Revavroom Starmobile

Mela (Fire):
LV 27 Torkoal
LV 26 Revavroom Starmobile

Atticus (Poison):
LV 32 Skuntank
LV 32 Muk
LV 33 Revavroom (yes, he uses the regular one)
LV 32 Starmobile Revavroom

Ortega (Fairy):
LV 50 Azumarill
LV 50 Wigglytuff
LV 51 Dachabun
LV 50 Starmobile Revavroom

Eri (Fighting):
LV 55 Toxicroak
LV 55 Passimian
LV 55 Lucario
LV 56 Annihilape
LV 56 Starmobile Revavroom
SV Bosses (7).jpg

“Cassiopeia”
LV 60 Oranguru
LV 60 Gyarados
LV 60 Houndoom
LV 60 Abomasnow
LV 60 Polteageist
LV 61 Partner Pokémon stronger than yours (Their Type Tera)
SV Bosses (8).jpg

Penny (real Cassiopeia, at end of Starfall Street):
LV 62 Umbreon
LV 62 Vaporeon
LV 62 Jolteon
LV 62 Flareon
LV 62 Leafeon
LV 63 Sylveon (Fairy)

After the 3 Paths are done, you unlock the final Path which takes you to the bottom of the crater in the center of the map. End Credits come after this. Final Boss is a team of all Paradox pokemon including the box legend. Presumably, Violet will have the Future Paradox Pokemon as compared to Scarlet's Past Paradox.
SV Bosses (6).jpg

AI Sada:
LV 66 Slither Wing
LV 66 Brute Bonnet
LV 66 Flutter Mane
LV 66 Scream Tail
LV 66 Sandy Shocks
LV 67 Roaring Moon

Paradise Protection Protocol:
~ LV 68 Koraidon (scripted fight where you must use your own Koraidon)

Due to the stream ending, the following is the only rematch team currently known. It's for Iono.
SV Bosses (10).jpg

Iono (Electric rematch):
LV 65 Kilowattrel
LV 65 Bellibolt
LV 65 Luxray
LV 65 Electrode
LV 66 Mismagius (Electric)

Attachments

Last edited:
Story Boss Levels (Note: This is as far as Scarlet is concerned.)

The gym leader levels do NOT scale. Or rather, none of the boss fights do, so even though you can challenge the Gyms/Titans/Star in whatever order you wish, you could get absolutely clowned on if you happened to go to the strongest first. This was witnessed in Reee****-kun's stream where he fought Brassius and Iono first and ended up sweeping Katy later on.
View attachment 464366
Katy (Bug):
LV 14 Nymble
LV 14 Tarountula
LV 15 Teddiursa (Bug)

Brassius (Grass):
LV 16 Petilil
LV 16 Smoliv
LV 17 Sudowoodo (Grass)

Iono (Electric):
LV 23 Wattrel
LV 23 Bellibolt
LV 23 Luxio
LV 24 Mismagius (Electric)

Kofu (Water):
LV 29 Veluza
LV 29 Wugtrio
LV 30 Crabominable (Water)

Larry (Normal):
Lv35 Komala
Lv35 Dundunsparce
Lv36 Staraptor (Normal)

Ryme (Ghost, Double Battle):
Lv41 Mimikyu
Lv41 Banette
Lv41 Houndstone
Lv42 Toxtricity (Ghost)

Tulip (Psychic):
Lv44 Farigiraf
Lv44 Espathra
Lv44 Gardevoir
Lv45 Florges (Psychic)

Grusha (Ice):
Lv47 Frosmoth
Lv47 Beartic
Lv47 Cetitan
Lv48 Altaria (Ice)

Geeta is the top of all Champion trainers. Apparently, you also need to beat her to get to Champion Rank in the first place? Probably means she has a "weak" Champion team to assess you and then you can fight the full power team in the rematches. For all the Paths, you fight the rival of that Path at the very end of the questline. For this one, it's Nemona. Side note: Poppy is 5 years old according to many reports.
View attachment 464367
Rika (Ground):
LV 57 Whiscash
LV 57 Donphan
LV 57 Camerupt
LV 57 Dugtrio
LV 58 Clodsire (Ground)

Poppy (Steel):
LV 58 Copperajah
LV 58 Bronzong
LV 58 Corviknight
LV 58 Magnezone
LV 59 Tinkaton (Steel)

Larry (Flying this time):
LV 59 Tropius
LV 59 Staraptor
LV 59 Oricorio Pom Pom
LV 59 Altaria
LV 60 Flamigo (Flying)

Hassel (Dragon):
LV 60 Noivern
LV 60 Haxorus
LV 60 Dragalge
LV 60 Flapple (possibly Appletun in Violet)
LV 61 Baxcalibur (Dragon)
View attachment 464368
Top Champion Geeta:
LV 61 Espathra
LV 61 Kingambit
LV 61 Veluza
LV 61 Gogoat
LV 61 Avalugg
LV 62 Glimmora (Rock)

Champion Nemona:
LV 65 Midday Lycanroc
LV 65 Pawmot
LV 65 Goodra
LV 65 Orthworm
LV 65 Dudunsparce 3-Segment
LV 66 Partner Weak to Yours (Their Type Tera)

You fight Arven at the end of this Path. Obviously Great Tusk is the counterpart to Iron Treads, so there's that.
The Titan levels are approximations on Arven’s ally Pokémon level for each fight.

Titans:
~ LV 16 Klawf (Arven’s Shellder)
~ LV 19 Bonbirdier (Arven’s Nacli)
~ LV 28 Orthworm (Arven’s Toedscool)
~ LV 44 Great Tusk/Iron Treads (Arven’s Scovillain)
~ LV 55 Tatsugiri (Arven’s Greedent)

View attachment 464369
Arven (at end of Path of Titans):
LV 58 Greedent
LV 59 Cloyster
LV 60 Scovillain
LV 61 Toedscruel
LV 62 Garganacl
LV 63 Mabosstiff (Dark)

You fight Penny at the end of this Path.
View attachment 464371
Giacomo (Dark):
LV 21 Pawniard
LV 20 Revavroom Starmobile

Mela (Fire):
LV 27 Torkoal
LV 26 Revavroom Starmobile

Atticus (Poison):
LV 32 Skuntank
LV 32 Muk
LV 33 Revavroom (yes, he uses the regular one)
LV 32 Starmobile Revavroom

Ortega (Fairy):
LV 50 Azumarill
LV 50 Wigglytuff
LV 51 Dachabun
LV 50 Starmobile Revavroom

Eri (Fighting):
LV 55 Toxicroak
LV 55 Passimian
LV 55 Lucario
LV 56 Annihilape
LV 56 Starmobile Revavroom
View attachment 464372
“Cassiopeia”
LV 60 Oranguru
LV 60 Gyarados
LV 60 Houndoom
LV 60 Abomasnow
LV 60 Polteageist
LV 61 Partner Pokémon stronger than yours (Their Type Tera)
View attachment 464373

Penny (real Cassiopeia, at end of Starfall Street):
LV 62 Umbreon
LV 62 Vaporeon
LV 62 Jolteon
LV 62 Flareon
LV 62 Leafeon
LV 63 Sylveon (Fairy)

After the 3 Paths are done, you unlock the final Path which takes you to the bottom of the crater in the center of the map. End Credits come after this. Final Boss is a team of all Paradox pokemon including the box legend. Presumably, Violet will have the Future Paradox Pokemon as compared to Scarlet's Past Paradox.
View attachment 464375
AI Sada:
LV 66 Slither Wing
LV 66 Brute Bonnet
LV 66 Flutter Mane
LV 66 Scream Tail
LV 66 Sandy Shocks
LV 67 Roaring Moon

Paradise Protection Protocol:
~ LV 68 Koraidon (scripted fight where you must use your own Koraidon)

Due to the stream ending, the following is the only rematch team currently known. It's for Iono.
View attachment 464376
Iono (Electric rematch):
LV 65 Kilowattrel
LV 65 Bellibolt
LV 65 Luxray
LV 65 Electrode
LV 66 Mismagius (Electric)
Oh God, everyone is so ugly

i absolutely wanted to avoid story spoilers but here i am watching a livestream and feeling a bit teary eyed LMAO oh well
could you please elaborate? from reading in this tread the story seems very meh

Oh God, everyone is so ugly

could you please elaborate? from reading in this tread the story seems very meh
The story takes place after you beat the 3 paths. Before that is just character exposition
Yes, roughly 15~ hours of character introduction followed by 3~ hours of actual plot. That said, I really do think they nailed the 3 hours of plot. A bit fast, yes, but it made me very invested in the world and eager for upcoming DLC.

At least no one is going to make lewds of the Professors anymore after what have transpired. Rarely they lewd dead people. So long, bye, Internet.

On serious note, I might really need to get Violet.

Ooh, "Cassopeia". I wonder what the director has to do with Team Star. Also Penny leads the team??
He might be red herring Penny wants you to eat to get you expelled or something.:changry:

Speaking of which, did Clavell know about the professor's truth and hide it from you or....?

Last edited:
Multiple paradox species can be obtained prior to the postgame. Remember: this installment's main story does not end at the Pokémon League.
I figured the post-game was the fourth route thing after you clear the other 3 stories so capturing them there is pretty much post-game in my eyes. I want a chance to use them and train them properly within the story, getting them when there's not much left to do outside of rematches or whatever is too late in my opinion.

I figured the post-game was the fourth route thing after you clear the other 3 stories so capturing them there is pretty much post-game in my eyes. I want a chance to use them and train them properly within the story, getting them when there's not much left to do outside of rematches or whatever is too late in my opinion.
The rematches seem really solid though from what we saw.

Even then, there's ParaDonphan. The streamer found one roaming right after the... you know.

yeah but then there's the even more secreter boss
Who resembles the regular final boss of that Kirby game (OK fine except for the latest main series game, which gets an eyeless, mouthless, faceless big ball surrounded by little balls for its final final boss form), so we can pretty much ignore it for boss IDing purposes.

The third legendary actually reminded me more of Digimon (e.g. the monstrous, many-parted UltimateKhaosmon) or Yu-Gi-Oh! tarot references (especially The World).

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Who resembles the regular final boss of that Kirby game (OK fine except for the latest main series game, which gets an eyeless big ball surrounded by little balls for its final final boss form), so we can pretty much ignore it for boss IDing purposes.

The third legendary actually reminded me more of Digimon (e.g. the monstrous, many-parted UltimateKhaosmon) or Yu-Gi-Oh! tarot references (especially The World).
this guy?
1BEC2C37-CFF6-4EAF-A385-01AF197600A0.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)