Approved Satire: The highlight of my day as room staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Player staff, I saw this in Article Ideas and I'd like to take this on :). Trust me, the OM room is quite the bundle of fun and it comes with a lot of highlights. Here's some examples:
  • Being a mod in the OM room is great! It's a fun, active room with a bunch of tours. But, as with all activity, comes with some funny moments and some general craziness. Going through this article, I'll be taking you through just the average day of OM staff. So, let's go!
  • Firstly, tours run around the clock in the OM room. A large component to this is The Immortal, an OM mod and Admin who likes to give us /declares for our room, leading to a huge increase in users.
  • Speaking of this /declare, I'll speak about my favorite day in the room. Ever. This one time, The Immortal did a /gdeclare... for a RandBats tour... You can imagine the craziness that occurred! Just to show how big the spike in users were, I bring a screenshot:

• As you can see, the room got more users than even the Lobby! That's pretty insane! Afterwards, the entire server lagged a bunch. Most of us migrated to Frost. It was really insane, but those of us who could make it on the server got a glimpse of the chat room. The tour itself had gained 516 users, with around 900 people still in the room but probably not even there. Just typing anything, even just a "hi", would take around 20 minutes to process! The auth list stretched so far the only drivers were on the screen! Not even voices!
And so on! Watcha think?

This could actually turn out as a nice series idea, even with possibly different authors for every issue to touch upon the crazy things that have happened over PS history.

This looks pretty good, since all of PS went insane when they saw the OM room break and it would be funny for anyone who missed it to see what went on, I like it. shaymin/Antemortem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)