Denied Satire: In the Dungeon: Being Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
blah blah blah

Introduction

explain what article is about

Experiences

Tell what it feels like (peaceful, for the user that was locked)

Advantages

the "advantages" you get (being at the bottom of the list)

Increase in Popularity

how popular you become (people gossip)

Interview with a Locked User
(This will just be me interviewing myself from i used to be complete shit and terribad, unless i can actually interview a previously locked user)

Conclusion

conclude the article

I'm not sure how well the satire in this article will turn out, since it really needs a lot to effectively pull it off. Mind providing a sample so we know what direction you're gonna take the article in?

dhelmise

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Sure, I might need to double post to show you though, so yeah. I might also just remove the satire because after I created this I thought that it wouldn't really be as funny as it would be informative. Let me know whether or not you think I should keep it satire.

How would this really be informative? There's not much to say about being locked from the locked users perspective, there's really more to say from the staff members perspective about what people do wrong, appeals, etc.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
How would this really be informative? There's not much to say about being locked from the locked users perspective, there's really more to say from the staff members perspective about what people do wrong, appeals, etc.
Well there is also what it feels like (the feels are real) and various ways that it can effect your image. Like changing your image from 'model user' to 'retarded shithead' (couldn't think of any other words.

If you think it could work (since I'm doubtful), then provide a sample and we'll see if it's good enough. And don't worry about double posting in a private thread like this lol

dhelmise

Social Media Head
If you think it could work (since I'm doubtful), then provide a sample and we'll see if it's good enough. And don't worry about double posting in a private thread like this lol
Okay, lol, just wait a bit :)

Man, I really hate to be a party pooper when it comes to ideas that, on the surface of things, would be so great and have so much potential like this idea, but even if you provide a sample, then I'm still doubtful this idea is going to go through. Allow me to explain why:

I have said in the past that there is nothing wrong with satirical articles that do not have a logical foundation to them, as long as they're funny and have a creative spin to them. But it is not just this; I am not going back on my word when I say that satirical articles also have to have some sort of crucial element to make them funny. This seems like kind of a split between an informative and a satirical article, which is meant to inform readers of what it's like to be locked, but...why?

I suppose, regarding other satirical articles that we publish, you can ask that very same question, and it's a matter of subjective perspective, I'm afraid. Other satirical articles have that specific niche and element that makes them funny to readers and draws them in...where is that, here? I suppose it is rather too soon for me to judge considering I haven't seen the sample yet, but for me, I'm doubting this because it's really difficult for the subject matter itself to be funny.

If you're still adamant about this, shoot me and/or Spydreigon and/or Antemortem a PM with your sample, and we'll take a look over it and give feedback/criticism from there. I'm turning this down in the meantime, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)