Salandit, Salazzle Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Salandit
Poison/Fire
Abilities: Corrosion / Corrosion / Oblivious
HP: 48
Atk: 44
Def: 40
SpAtk: 71
SpDef: 40
Spe: 77

Level Up

L1 - Scratch
L1 - Poison Gas
L5 - Ember
L8 - Sweet Scent
L13 - Dragon Rage
L16 - Smog
L21 - Double Slap
L24 - Flame Burst
L29 - Toxic
L32 - Nasty Plot
L37 - Venoshock
L40 - Flamethrower
L45 - Venom Drench
L48 - Dragon Pulse

TMs

TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM06 - Toxic
TM09 - Venoshock
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Leech Life
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Sludge Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Flame Charge
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM50 - Overheat
TM56 - Fling
TM61 - Will-O-Wisp
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Belch
Egg - Knock Off
Egg - Sand Attack
Egg - Snatch
Egg - Fake Out

Salazzle
Poison/Fire
Abilities: Corrosion / Corrosion / Oblivious
HP: 68
Atk: 64
Def: 60
SpAtk: 111
SpDef: 60
Spe: 117

Level Up

L0- Captivate
L1 - Captivate
L1 - Disable
L1 - Encore
L1 - Torment
L1 - Swagger
L1 - Pound
L1 - Poison Gas
L1 - Ember
L1 - Sweet Scent
L5 - Ember
L8 - Sweet Scent
L13 - Dragon Rage
L16 - Smog
L21 - Double Slap
L24 - Flame Burst
L29 - Toxic
L32 - Nasty Plot
L39 - Venoshock
L44 - Flamethrower
L51 - Venom Drench
L56 - Dragon Pulse

TMs

TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM06 - Toxic
TM09 - Venoshock
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Leech Life
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Sludge Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Flame Charge
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM50 - Overheat
TM56 - Fling
TM61 - Will-O-Wisp
TM62 - Acrobatics
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Belch
Egg - Knock Off
Egg - Sand Attack
Egg - Snatch
Egg - Fake Out

New Ability

Corrosion: The Pokémon can poison the target even if it’s Steel or Poison typ

Last edited:
Specs might be quite good. Good Speed stat, respectable SpA.

So does Corrosion mean Poison MOVES work on Steel/Poison types or only Poison/Toxic status effects?

Fast special attacker is probably the best spread one could hope for with that typing. Salazzle might be able to pull a Crucibelle and take advantage of this strange typing to become a strong, unconventional threat. However, the lack of any sort of switch move really hurts it in this respect. I estimate Salazzle will be dazzling opponents down in UU or RU.

Venoshock is an interesting potential option for a set. No immunities to Toxic, so while it won't be able to follow up with Venoshock if an immunity switches in they will be more loathe to do so. Probably too gimmicky though.

Okay then it's a mediocre ability on this.
Still really viable though. Think of Tentacruel, Tapotrex, Qwilfish, Dragalage, Gigalith (super bulky now with Sand Steam) that could easily tank it's STAB and be afraid of Toxic.

I mean Fire toasts physically defensive steel and Poison types (Skarmory, Weezing), but spamming toxic on a specs set is viable (and annoying lol)

Salazzle doesn't need fancy pheromones to seduce me, having a great speed stat in this region has already done it for me.

I find it interesting how the two Poison types introduced to Alola are polar opposites, yet kind of compliment each other. Psychic types though. Kinda looks like it has a fairly limited amount of coverage that actually takes advantage of its Special Attack stat though.

I'm calling it. It will eventually get Earth Power as a tutor move in a future game. Kind of feeling it.

Anyways, great offensive stats but with the laughable coverage typical of a new Pokemon. Dual STABs and Hidden Power (Ground?) are practically a must for it.

So One of the fastest Pokemon in the Alola Dex with a nice SpA stat, good offensive typing, and Fake Out? Well then, I guess we will be seeing her in VGC after all... Just not for her Ability.

EDIT: Also fast taunt and Wisp. Yeah, she'll be there.

I see such as a potential OU monster thanks to its good Spe + SpA that allows it to run LO or Specs freely.
Ok, being weak to Ground sucks, but Earthquake is quite exploitable and WoW ruins easily many physical attackers.
Its ability is very gimmick on a pokemon focused on an attacking role.

Very nice addition to OU.

By the way, does anyone else find Salazzle's design... weird? Like a half-done attempt to make an anthro lizard or something?

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
I get a sort of Heliolisk-ish vibe from this mon; bad defenses with good speed/special attack. Then again, 117 is a phenomenal speed tier, so this could prove to be a good offensive mon. Although it lacks something like Focus Blast/Earth Power for Tran, running HP Ground wouldn't be the worst idea for it, considering its STAB combo is already very frightening to switch into. Salazzle should be pretty fun to use, I'm excited for it

By the way, does anyone else find Salazzle's design... weird? Like a half-done attempt to make an anthro lizard or something?
The idea seems to be making a salamander-woman of sorts. (Never mind that salamanders don't bear live young...)

Can it poison Steel types with Sludge Bomb? Like, does the added effect still happen even if it does no damage. That would be completely bizarre but it's kind of what I'm hoping for.

I think she's based off of the new mexico whiptail. a female only species, which is pretty cool.
Pretty let down on it's bulk with that ability. Otherwise with nasty plot, will-o-wisp, and good coverage, I can see it being OU

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
It definitely has the speed, and Fire Blast + Sludge Wave have big base powers that make the 111 SpA go far. I mean, this is probably no OU staple, but it's pretty hilarious that it can tag Heatran with a Toxic and then Taunt it to death

Seeing this thing move, plus how its pre-evos description was, I see this pokemon getting a lot of love... in more ways then one.

Really excited to try and use her. Fast, nice special, a decent anti stall ability means you just have to give it toxic., and it just has such a great design. The moveset is pretty decent. I myself am going for

Toxic
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave

Considering that it has Nasty Plot, good Special Attack and Speed, and Fire STAB, I only see Corrosive being useful against Heatran (which has Earth Power). Anything else, it'd better to just go ahead and hit them with a Fire-type move.

Solid UU.

Great, another Vesipquen.. On the bright side, it seems to be a lot more viable than Vesipquen, but why 87.5% chance of Male when they can't evolve? It'll be a pain to breed...

Very much reminds me of Heliolisk in terms of design and stat distribution. I kind of want to try Substitute / Toxic / Torment / Protect just for the hell of it. It doesn't have the nice Steel typing of Heatran but it has the advantage of being able to Poison everything without worrying about giving up something for an attack. Torment sets have a lot of disadvantages but it'd be something fun to try even though its defenses are crap.

Great, another Vesipquen.. On the bright side, it seems to be a lot more viable than Vesipquen, but why 87.5% chance of Male when they can't evolve? It'll be a pain to breed...
Looking at the bright side... only Knock Off is remotely useful of those Egg Moves. Maybe you can work around that problem with Bottle Caps, and forget about breeding altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)