SV - snaga vs umbry
SV - cyanize vs Fc
SV - Inder vs gum
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY
SM - Master Chief vs Lyssa
ORAS - eifo vs lax
BW - avarice vs Jisoo
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny

DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT NEXT SUNDAY EDT. REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED.
xastify wishes everyone good luck!! isnt he so nice??

Heavy Metal Highlights (0) vs. (0) Deranged Hustlers
SV - Floss vs TheFranklin
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03
SV - Real FV13 vs Thiago Nunes
SS - Attribute vs C0nfiden1 0yster
SM - xXcrossbowXx vs tlenit
ORAS - Chaitanya vs robjr
BW - Guille vs LpZ
BO3 - Feliburn vs Beraldo

Optical Illusionists (0) vs. (0) Noble Guardians
SV - snaga vs umbry
SV - cyanize vs Fc
SV - Inder vs gum
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY
ORAS - eifo vs lax
BW - avarice vs Jisoo
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny

Last edited:
Heavy Metal Highlights vs. Deranged Hustlers
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03
BW - Guille vs LpZ
BO3 - Feliburn
vs Beraldo

Optical Illusionists vs. Noble Guardians
SV - snaga vs umbry
SV - cyanize vs Fc
SV - Lilo vs gum
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY
ORAS - eifo vs lax
BW - avarice vs Jisoo
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny: LMFAOOO

Too lazy to write

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heavy Metal Highlights (0) vs. (0) Deranged Hustlers
SV - Floss vs TheFranklin - i think franklin is the best player in the pool, and the hustlers's sv has been doing rather well. obviously not a one sided matchup and i can see floss taking this one, and in general i've liked his teams more. should be a fun watch
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03 - i think pix is just the better player and he's been great this tour so far, kev's been doing alright but some of his team choices looked a bit questionable and he defeated generally less impressive opponents
SV - Real FV13 vs Thiago Nunes - i am simply unfamiliar with real fv13, and tnunes is a pretty solid player. also don't know how familiar his opponent is with the tier at the moment
SS - Attribute vs C0nfiden1 0yster - better player who seems to be very comfortable in the tier. if this were earlier on in the tour, i think i'd have maybe bolded oyster but at this point attribute has enough experience in the tier
SM - xXcrossbowXx vs tlenit - tbh going based on vibes here. haven't really been keeping up with sm
ORAS - Chaitanya vs robjr - haven't been keeping up with this sneak of a tier either but chait historically always does well in it so, maybe he's doing well this tour too? idk. but the sheet says robjr is 5-2, but i think he hasn't been playing oras every week. still, he's a good player, could see him walk away w the win, etc
BW - Guille vs LpZ - feel like i've seen guille post won gg in the week threads pretty often, while the hustlers's bw slot is 0-7...! which means they made playoffs while starting 0-1 every week, that's fairly impressive. lpz also hasn't been playing for a couple of weeks i think, and now has to start in playoffs. it's bw so really anything could happen, and lpz often ends up doing okay in these oldgen lowers no one plays
BO3 - Feliburn vs Beraldo - highlight mu me thinks..! i think this'll come down to whoever wins swsh, where i slightly favour beraldo. he's looked very solid in sv as well, and i think the hustlers are at the top of the current metagame. as for sm umm, feliburn has more experience there, so i think he'll take that one. obviously both are good at all of these metagames, so i think it should be close, but the hustlers's bo3 slot has looked very solid and consistent since the tour started

Beraldo ur turn now, also go guardians wooo :D

Heavy Metal Highlights vs. Deranged Hustlers
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03
BW - Guille vs LpZ

Optical Illusionists vs. Noble Guardians
SV - snaga vs umbry
SV - cyanize vs Fc
SV - Lilo vs gum
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY
ORAS - eifo vs lax
BW - avarice vs Jisoo
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny

Mostly based on the win-loss record, name recognition and guessing. I'm looking forward to Feli vs Beraldo

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Optical Illusionists (3) vs. (5) Noble Guardians

SV - snaga (40) vs (60) umbry
Umbry is a better player, has been building in the tier, and is doing pretty well, having one of the best SV records in the tournament. Snaga, on the other hand, is also a good player but is not doing that well in the tournament. Guardians also has the best SV record, which means they're getting the flow of the tier with ease, and will need it to beat the illusionists. Anyway, umbry is imo the best player around in the SV pool, and I am expecting another win from her.

SV - cyanize (45) vs (55) Fc
Even though cyanize has been having a better tournament than Fc and is a great builder, Fc is still positive in SV while also being the better player in this matchup, imo. Pretty sure the Guardians will be able to provide Fc a good team, so they won't need to build. On the other hand, cyanize is known for being a good builder and could manage to get a good matchup that will give them the room to beat their opponent. Interesting matchup, but I expect the Guardians to get another SV win here.

SV - Lilo (40) vs (60) gum
gum is one of the best builders in RU atm, is having a great tournament, and is pretty much the reason that the Guardians were able to make playoffs. After pulling up a great win against Franklin in the last week, there are few players who I would really bold over gum. However, mons is still mons and Lilo often runs weird stuff that could get gum off guard and lead them to an unexpected win, but gum is pretty experienced and I don't think they will be caught by any mu fish coming from Lilo.

SS - BluBirD (55) vs (45) QWILY
Even though qwily won the game against blubird in the regular season, I still think the latter is the better player between these two. Blubird is also building a lot in the tier, while the SS slot of guardians has been relying completely on Punny's teams, which makes things easier for the bird to get an advantage on the builder.

SM - Master Chief (1) vs (99) Lyssa
rabbit won against lyssa in the reg season but I think she will come back stronger in the playoffs. I also won't bold that stupid nickname ever

ORAS - eifo (55) vs (45) lax
Personally, I am an eifo fan in all RU tiers, and couldn't be any different in ORAS, a tier where he has a lot of experience and is also pretty good at it, as shown on his 3-0 record so far. Even though I think lax is the stronger player in this matchup, they are not having a great tournament, while also having way less experience in the tier than eifo. Should be a good watch, but I am going with eifo here.

BW - avarice (60) vs (40) Jisoo
avarice is the type of player who can win in any tier if given good teams, and with eifo's support, he couldn't ask for a better BW support. Jisoo is a good player, but BW RU doesn't seem to be their place, and they don't have as good BW support as the Illusionists

BO3 - Lunala (40) vs (60) Punny
One of the HLs of the week for sure. I think this game will come down to whoever wins SV, since I don't think Lunala is gonna win in SS, while I also don't think Punny will take SM. However, I do think Punny has better odds in SV than Luna, since he is doing well in the tier, and is also the better player in this matchup. All in all, should be an interesting series and I hope a clean one

tagging Feliburn TheFranklin EviGaro Nat eifo Ampha Togkey to make some predicts if they want to :))

LETS FUCKING GET IT HUSTLERS!!!!!!!

also stfu gum :D

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Heavy Metal Highlights (4) vs. (4) Deranged Hustlers
SV - Floss vs TheFranklin - cool new-face-of-ru zoomer matchup. i think franklin is a little more consistent and proven, but it should be a good game
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03 - somehow 5-1 sv and also id wager at least marginally better player. i dont know enough abt kev beyond mono so ig it isnt totally fair, going positive in a pl is rad though
SV - Real FV13 vs Thiago Nunes - ik real fv left for eons then came back. ppl tell me tnunes has gotten better and better over time, so i will give him the nod, esp cus idk oppo well enough. gotta trust price tag/body of work
SS - Attribute vs C0nfiden1 0yster - better player even if not an ru main, doing quite nicely. ik oyster was a ladder main but that's all i can say abt him. feel like a broken record but these predicts have not had exciting subjects im srry
SM - xXcrossbowXx vs tlenit - definitely better if he doesn't meme around with pikachu or some garbage. crossbow has kind of proven to be an rupl warrior but i still have to trust who i deem to have more talent for playing. nonetheless gotta give kudos for crossbow for continuously doing fine/good/great in these though. seek a name change.
ORAS - Chaitanya vs robjr - oras rupl god who is on a 4 win streak. im a big believer in rob in general and very happy to see him ever do well (and sure enough he's 5-1) but i think predicting against chait in oras rupl is a cardinal sin.
BW - Guille vs LpZ - asshole tier, as predicted this guy is crushing, meanwhile his oppo is 0-4. he will show no mercy loading some heinous bullshit
BO3 - Feliburn vs Beraldo - main character of RU will plot armor his team to victory, he can do no wrong, and will lead his team to tiebreak.

tb predix:
anyone in sv vs franklin
chait
vs anyone in oras
feli vs anyone in last, protagonist W

SV - snaga vs umbry - better player who is doing better and is maybe even motivated. could see her building while snaga just gets passed smthn. no discredit to snaga though, has been around eons
SV - cyanize vs Fc - p similar sv records and way more practiced ru main vs what i envision as a better player. in playoffs tho i cant imagine he'll just get a team and load in without at least looking at it. if he does the bare minimum of caring in prep, i would favor him here
SV - Lilo vs gum - better player who is doing better and will i imagine definitely be motivated. neither rlly mains ru but just more proven entity
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY - will pick what i think is a minor upset, i think noble guardians probbaly are the best team left at least talent wise but dont wanna predict a stomp. 3-2 vs 2-0 ss, not a big leap to say either could win. qwily more experience
SM - Master Chief vs Lyssa - probably closest of 5 predicts here so far, rabbit is definitely better in smru but think lyss is better overall. seems like a common theme in these predicts ig, maybe im too "overall talent" bias
ORAS - eifo vs lax - eons of oras ru experience, dont think lax overcomes majority of time. i dont think anyone will care more abt this semis than eifo. i dont think anyone will care less than lax.
BW - avarice vs Jisoo - neither doing great. i like avarice's ideas in pkmn in general and think bw rewards ideas more than fundamental play.
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny - very cool italian brawl, punny is better in 8 and probably 9? no clue about 7 probably more even. either way an uphill battle for my friend, gl.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader

SV - snaga (40) vs (60) umbry
Umbry is a better player, has been building in the tier, and is doing pretty well, having one of the best SV records in the tournament. Snaga, on the other hand, is also a good player but is not doing that well in the tournament. Guardians also has the best SV record, which means they're getting the flow of the tier with ease, and will need it to beat the illusionists. Anyway, umbry is imo the best player around in the SV pool, and I am expecting another win from her.

SV - cyanize (45) vs (55) Fc
Even though cyanize has been having a better tournament than Fc and is a great builder, Fc is still positive in SV while also being the better player in this matchup, imo. Pretty sure the Guardians will be able to provide Fc a good team, so they won't need to build. On the other hand, cyanize is known for being a good builder and could manage to get a good matchup that will give them the room to beat their opponent. Interesting matchup, but I expect the Guardians to get another SV win here.

SV - Lilo (40) vs (60) gum
gum is one of the best builders in RU atm, is having a great tournament, and is pretty much the reason that the Guardians were able to make playoffs. After pulling up a great win against Franklin in the last week, there are few players who I would really bold over gum. However, mons is still mons and Lilo often runs weird stuff that could get gum off guard and lead them to an unexpected win, but gum is pretty experienced and I don't think they will be caught by any mu fish coming from Lilo.

SS - BluBirD (55) vs (45) QWILY
Even though qwily won the game against blubird in the regular season, I still think the latter is the better player between these two. Blubird is also building a lot in the tier, while the SS slot of guardians has been relying completely on Punny's teams, which makes things easier for the bird to get an advantage on the builder.

SM - Master Chief (1) vs (99) Lyssa
rabbit won against lyssa in the reg season but I think she will come back stronger in the playoffs. I also won't bold that stupid nickname ever

ORAS - eifo (55) vs (45) lax
Personally, I am an eifo fan in all RU tiers, and couldn't be any different in ORAS, a tier where he has a lot of experience and is also pretty good at it, as shown on his 3-0 record so far. Even though I think lax is the stronger player in this matchup, they are not having a great tournament, while also having way less experience in the tier than eifo. Should be a good watch, but I am going with eifo here.

BW - avarice (60) vs (40) Jisoo
avarice is the type of player who can win in any tier if given good teams, and with eifo's support, he couldn't ask for a better BW support. Jisoo is a good player, but BW RU doesn't seem to be their place, and they don't have as good BW support as the Illusionists

BO3 - Lunala (40) vs (60) Punny
One of the HLs of the week for sure. I think this game will come down to whoever wins SV, since I don't think Lunala is gonna win in SS, while I also don't think Punny will take SM. However, I do think Punny has better odds in SV than Luna, since he is doing well in the tier, and is also the better player in this matchup. All in all, should be an interesting series and I hope a clean one

tagging Feliburn TheFranklin EviGaro Nat eifo Ampha Togkey to make some predicts if they want to :))

LETS FUCKING GET IT HUSTLERS!!!!!!!

also stfu gum :D

(If you win this a girl might finally say ugh feliburn)

Not gonna do predicts, just gonna talk about some sets that are highlights for me.

Floss vs TheFranklin
This is arguably the biggest matchup of semis week. Floss seemed to really break through in the later stages of Gen 8 and hasn’t missed a beat in SV, with a 5-2 record so far this RUPL. TheFranklin was also very dominant towards the end of SS, and it will be exciting to see him play his first game this RUPL after going for 17500 credits in auction and sitting out the entire regular season while vacationing, nearly costing his team a playoff berth.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
SV - Floss vs TheFranklin - better record and been popping off lately, probably the highlight sv game of the week
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03 - tbh irdc
SV - Real FV13 vs Thiago Nunes - thiago is a bit more viable methinks
SS - Attribute vs C0nfiden1 0yster - sources tell me oyster is a bit up and coming but i don't rly have enough faith to bold him yet unfortunately
SM - xXcrossbowXx vs tlenit - tlenit been winning a lot lately think it'll continue here
ORAS - Chaitanya vs robjr - tbh a bit of a highlight i think chait has some extra experience in this tier
BW - Guille vs LpZ - tbh LpZ is winless and ive seen Guille's name show up in bw ru enough times to validate his 5-2 record
BO3 - Feliburn vs Beraldo - feli has seemed a bit off lately and beraldo has been on a bit of a tear

SV - snaga vs umbry - be so serious
SV - cyanize vs Fc - just think Fc is a higher caliber player even if cyanize has the better record
SV - Lilo vs gum - tbh right
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY - a bit of a sneak
SM - Master Chief vs Lyssa - sry lyss but i dont think ur going to win this one ..
ORAS - eifo vs lax - gave this guy a pep talk two days ago .. ur welcome guardians
BW - avarice vs Jisoo - tbh bw ru is a tier for avarice and jisoo needs to show up a bit for this one
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny - LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
SV - Floss vs TheFranklin - Floss has been doing extremely well on tour and i'll give him the edge here
SV - Kev vs Vulpix03 - I think its the closest one along w feli beraldo, but im giving kev the edge here bc his games have been p cool from what I watched
SV - Real FV13 vs Thiago Nunes - VAMOS NUNEEEEES
SS - Attribute vs C0nfiden1 0yster - altho oyster only had 2 matches in SS this season, he's been around for longer and I think attribute is newer to tier, can see this going either way tho, since attrib has been doing p well too
SM - xXcrossbowXx vs tlenit - tlenit's better here imo, crossbow has been doing p well on SM through years but I still think tlenit gets this
ORAS - Chaitanya vs robjr- its chaitanya, and as much as I rob has been doing well, bolding against chait in oras is a international crime
BW - Guille vs LpZ - Hustlers are 0-7 in BW so '-'
BO3 - Feliburn vs Beraldo - Love u both but im giving Baldo the edge bc he's doing p well and also he has the bald power so :worrywhirl: :worrywhirl:

Optical Illusionists (4) vs. (4) Noble Guardians
SV - snaga vs umbry - gonna give umbry the edge here bc better player but im curious to watch this one tho
SV - cyanize vs Fc - imo better RU player and has been doing better on tour
SV - Lilo vs gum - gum has done insanely well this tour and she beat me as well :worrywhirl:
SS - BluBirD vs QWILY - idt much about Blubird, and I know QWILY's solid so gonna give the edge to my boi
SM - Master Chief vs Lyssa - Rabbit is way more experienced in SM and has more consistent records on tier
ORAS - eifo vs lax - lax is good but has not done well this tour tho, and id give eifo edge in either of the other gens too since hes way more experienced
BW - avarice vs Jisoo - p similar records, so bolding the one w better one
BO3 - Lunala vs Punny - Punny is more consistent in both SS and SV, Lunala will put a decent fight tho

wishing everyone gl :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)