Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Pollen Puff

Definitely odd, but trying it for...um. Kinda for Flutter Mane(those 'drop' SpA) and Espathra(take that, Lumina Crash.) Great vs. anything weak to grass, or the random bug move cause no real coverage specially. Can break through grass resists(+4 tera Leaf Storm ohkod Gholdengo.) This might need more Spe for uninvested 50s, right now spe is for 4 Spe Hippo(idk if they put 4 in Spe though...) Max HP cause that's a bit low and SpA raises itself, still a lot of SpA and the tera can make it crazy, plus it very occasionally gets terrain boost. I actually think this is a good mon, it fills a meaningful niche(nothing else has Contrary for now,) and is crazy vs. Ting-Lu(was using Wind Rider Brambleghast LOL,) Rotom-W(scarf isn't great but you really only need one move so yea...,) Hippo, Garg, etc. Synthesis is sometimes good, again no real option. Was thinking steel tera blast, but grass is just so much damage. Even if it's often sub-optimal defensively. Open to changing Lefties, they're not bad at all, but this isn't THAT bulky, even if it's ok there.

:Alomomola:
Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

The oldest team member. Often very good w/ Flutter, though ofc there're Charm ones. EVs to creep Dirge, Atk for general use and some specific stuff I forgot(can hit surprisingly hard,) and high even SpD. Fire tera also for Dirge, minorly for Scizor, even w/o tera blast. Burns suck, like from Volcarona. Mirror Coat is the main thing, gives a weapon vs. most any SE special attack esp., and works w/ one of the highest base HPs(meaningfully higher than Dondozo.) Half thinking go all-in on it and max/max HP/SpD. Play Rough wouldn't ohko Hydreigon and Roaring Moon then, or deal huge damage to, say, a Baxcalibur that Glaive Rushed(unboosted this should be lived.) Aqua Jet has picked off a lot of things, I'm fairly surprised. Sometimes you can't afford to sac another mon's HP to get regen buff, so you benefit from doing even a little chip, rather than going 2nd and being kod.

:Gallade:
Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Trick

I think this is really strong, but I'm planning to remove for Glimmora cause of how toxic spikes affect me. Thoughts? Psychic tera seems better than fighting, since Psycho Cut gets the Sharpness buff. Very strong, not many neutral things can take it well, and SE only like Iron Hands lives 1. Sacred Sword isn't buffed by Sharpness(or is it lol...I don't think so?,) but it seems to be what these run, not CC. I like it, was good vs. boosted normal tera Annihilape. NIght Slash really just for Gholdengo(somehow Shadow Claw for Flutter lacks Sharpness...) and the nearly obligatory Trick. This also absorbs Trick well, which is shared by the replacement that I will put in. This has obscene power, but at a cost of much bulk and Spe, it can't outspeed Flutter and Bundle w/ this set, but I figure often the are booster, or at least sash, anyway. Totally not against this mon's ranking, just doesn't stop T spikes.

:Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 20 Atk / 212 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

I'm finally running Pult, w/ bulk to better take 2 Scizor Bullet Punches, or one at +2, better odds to ohko Baxcalibur, and more SpD for Modest Scarf Chi-Yu if I tera. Max Spe for the mirror, rest in primary offense(coud use some Def but that'd waste EVs, investing in all 6 stats.) Subs are scary to me, so Infiltrator. Naive is chosen because darts are kind of op, and I accidentally used Drao Meteor tm on this, so it has both because DM TMs are very rare and I don't want to waste it. Must have applications, Scizor I've seen likes water tera, so Flamethrower can be taken advantage of. Non-tera ones still don't enjoy Hydro Pump, at least w/ tera. LO was suggested, upon reflection seems better than Expert Belt, though some of those defensive calcs go out the window after lo. This is maybe good, too soon to tell.

:Arboliva:
Arboliva @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

This mon is plainly amazing imo. She's gotten some resigns/3-0s alone, more or less. Steel tera is laregly for Cloyster, a I have long since gotten rid of my check, Farigiraf(well, other check.) Full phys. Def but w/ Modest for damage and the higher base stat, should really look into what Bold gives me but idk. 4 Spe for the very odd Gastrodon, they could really hurt me in either type, and I should ohko. Earth Power is largely for the leech seed immune Gholdengo, though it isn't useful vs. grasses, and many of those take terrain Giga Drain ok. But on the other hand this IS a grass, and is ordinarily immune to spore/leech seed which helps. I feel good vs. Loom and those, usually. Strength Sap is one of my favorite moves(when used by me.) Shuts down all sorts of stuff, and can stall out a Leeched DDer like dnite. I often feel this is my best mon, grassy terrain is really nice w/ the seed, and the eq neutrality terad.

:Baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Breaking Swipe
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

This one takes some explaining. I have no ghost for Maushold, this one's helmet breaks that even alone. But it's much more useful for DNite. EVs take Iron Bundle's Freeze-Dry much better(kinda using this as a check/slight counter, as I have an ice weakness.)The rest is in phys. bulk w an odd HP for SR, this better takes DNite's +1 E-speed, to chip it. Icicle Spear sorta seems skippable w/o dice, but in the other hand I'm no at all fast for Crash's flinch. Breaking Swipe is another move I adore(along w/ Baby-Doll Eyes, I like to drop their Atk,) and should keep a DNite in check unless it's like hemet. It's lackking a bit of BP, but Dragon Claw to me is plainly worse, and Glaive Rush would ruin this set completely. Outrage too, and there's just not really enough SpA unless I went more utility like on my old Mence(Dragon Breath.) EQ could go, steel hits Flutter, and DD even has applications here. But Brick Break can be great for Chien-Pao, though what I'm finding is they switch to Gholdengo...but screens aren't kind to me usually, and it hits lots of stuff too. Thermal Exchange is really great here imo, I've seen Fire Spin on DNite, as well as Talonflame. Talonflame is extra ruined, cause it'll wisp, not T-Wave, and that's not effective at all. Flying tera forces many, many Dnites into e-speed, since EQ won't work and Fire Punch, if they even have it, boosts Atk. It resists fighting, though I suppose bug could work...This seems hard to use but I think it's worth it. Bax has great bulk, even a little more on the phys. side, so idk why you can't put helmet like Landog used to. Well this lacks intimidate I suppose, though Intimidate might keep them from even wanting to hit you on the helmet. Also a new addition, relatively, so not much data.

Still not where I want to be(though I kinda was, briefly!) I haven't taken good notes recently so idk what is a problem, esp. when I put Glimmora over Gallade. I think the division of physical/ special bulk/offense is ok, at least. Fires can be bad thanks to the 2 grasses, and Dirge ignores Contrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)