Rufflet

My first LC analysis- Hope I do well :)

Washibon

Type: Normal/Flying

Base Stats: 70 HP/83 Atk/50 Def/37 Sp.A/50 Sp.D/60 Spe

Abilties: Encourage/Keen Eye/Hustle (Dream World)

Level Up Moves (only put in the possibly helpful ones):
Wing Attack
Tailwind
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

TM Moves:
Claw Sharpen
Toxic
Bulk Up
Return
Protect
Aerial Ace
Facade
Shadow Claw
Subsitute
Pluck
U-turn
Swagger

(Washibon has no egg moves)

Sets:

Claw Sharpen

Washibon @ Oran Berry/Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs:252Atk/36Def/196Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-Claw Sharpen
-Brave Bird/Pluck
-Return
-U-turn/Shadow Claw/ Rock Slide

Hustle adds a boost to attack at the cost of some accuracy. With Claw Sharpen, it essentially gets a no-cost +2 Boost with 100% accurate moves. Brave Bird can be used for power and preferred with Oran Berry to recover off recoil damage. Life Orb can be used with pluck since you have the chance to steal berries. Return for STAB, and then you're left with 3 options: Rock Slide decent damage on ghosts and a flinch chance, U-turn to get out of Hitomoshi's Shadow Tag and do a bit of dmage to bronzor before you go to your fire-type, or Shadow Claw for better damage on bronzor and the ability to kill ghosts on the switch in that are expecting a return. Plus a high crit chance is always nice to have. Lum berry can also be used if you're fearing a W-o-W or spore just to get up your claw sharpen and hit em hard with a super-effective move.

Encourage

Washibon @ Oran Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Encourage
Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-U-turn/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide/Bulk Up
-Brave Bird/Pluck/Aerial Ace
-Return
-U-turn/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide/Bulk Up

Encourage makes moves lost their secondary effect for a boost in power. Rock Slide has Flinch chance, so I'm pretty sure it gets boosted, along with Shadow Claw because of the crit chance. I'm not completely sure on Encourage's exact increase percentage yet, if you know (and can post a link), then it'd help. U-turn for scouting, and bulk up if you want an attack and defense boost, as w/o hustle you don't need the accuracy from claw sharpen. Brave bird for power, however you don't get a boost and don't lose recoil, so you can use aerial ace or pluck for a boost to those (which still wouldn't be as strong as brave bird, but hey, no recoil :D).

Toxic Staller/Hazard Support

Washibon @Oran Berry/Lum Berry
Ability: Encourage/Keen Eye
EVs:196HP/92Atk/196Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-Toxic
-Whirlwind
-Pluck/U-turn/Rock Slide/Return/Shadow Claw
-Protect/Subsitute

Okay, so this thing doesn't exactly have incredible bulk. its got 70/50/50 defenses. However, I looked at its movepool, and having used a toxic-stall bastiodon in NU before, I thought their might be some room in for him for the suprise factor.
Protect or Sub depends on a few things. With Oran Berry, you can heal off sub damage, and it keeps you protected if you can KO the guy and they switch out to someone who can take the hit. With lum berry, protect is probably the better option as you won't be healing off that sub damage thanks to roost losing TM status. All the attacking options depend on preference, however remember you don't have secondary effects with encourage, and most of those moves get a boost. I'd recommend shadow claw to hit the oh-so-common bronzong (well, I see a lot of bronzongs at least) and to hit hitomoshi, but u-turn can also be used to get out of there. Whirlwind is to spread poison around the whole team and get rid of subbers or stat boosters. Obviously, this set works best with entry hazards. If you wish to keep secondary effects, I recommend keen eye as your only other option is Hustle, and you don't want an accuracy drop on a toxic staller.

Team Support

Washibon @Oran Berry/Lum Berry
Ability: Encourage/Keen Eye
EVs:196HP/92Atk/196Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-Toxic/Protect/Subsitute
-Whirlwind/U-turn
-Tailwind
-Protect/Subsitute/Toxic

Tailwind doubles speed for 3 turns in Gen IV, however I believe in Gen V it is raised to 4 turns. Either way, you can switch (if whirlwind) or u-turn out to give a nice double speed boost to all your pokemon, and just about everything except gyro ball or trick room users like it. Protect or Sub again depends really on the chosen berry, however its still more just preference.
Toxic-whirlwind to spread around poison, or just toxic if you go for u-turn.
The reason I think this has a chance is because I don't know a lot of pokemon who can spin in LC (and do it effectively), and again, suprise factor.

Choiced

Washibon @ Choice Band/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle/ Encourage
Jolly (+Spe, -Sp.A)
-U-turn
-Return
-Rock Slide/Shadow Claw
-Brave Bird/ Pluck

This set is pretty simple. U-turn out if you need to, not to much though as the 25% damage from SR hurts a lot. Return for STAB, brave bird or pluck depending on whether or not you like recoil or want to pick up an oran berry to heal off the damage you've been taking from u-turns (or if you have encourage just the boost thats still weaker with no recoil). Rock Slide an Shadow Claw for coverage, though Shadow Claw will probably be the superior option with the ability to hit bronzor and ghastly,though it leaves them to switch in their normal-type. Choice Scarf Jolly reaches only 24 speed, so watch out for common scarfs like houndour.
With a choice band you reach a respectable 27 Attack.

Final Words:
I think Washibon will be a pretty good pokemon in LC. it doesn't particularly accel in much, but it can still pack a punch. Hopefully we'll be seeing quite a few Washibons :)

Azure Demon

this guy is fucking adorable I wish a bird like this guy really existed I'd catch one in a heart beat

Now this guy is really good not exactly the best typing in a metagame where electric types, water types, and rock type pokemon dominate but it has nice things going for it. For example it has great attacks decent speed hustle+claw sharpen combo, as well as a scarfed scout/ revenger killer thing going with hustle+u-turn+scarf(scout) and hustle+aerial ace+scarf(revenge killing)

Encourage, great movepool and those stats mean this thing will definately see some use (at least by me).

lol, just realize Hustle can meant to be abused with claw sharpen.

Great total base stats, like buneary.

Side note: Baruchai (The ugly bird next to Washibon) is a getter support for tailwind due to better defenses and access to roost imho. Plus the new incinerate fire move to burn any oran berries.

P.S. Regretted getting black as washibon is at white. :( In

I was hoping no one would notice this mon and I could be the first to use it, because it's actually amazing.

I would definitely run one of these two sets:

Washibon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk /36 Def / 196Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- U-turn
- Return
- Brave Bird
-
Aerial Ace

Or

Washibon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk /36 Def / 196Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Brave Bird
-
U-turn / Roost

Hustle + base 83 Attack is incredible.

lol, just realize Hustle can meant to be abused with claw sharpen.

Great total base stats, like buneary.

Side note: Baruchai (The ugly bird next to Washibon) is a getter support for tailwind due to better defenses and access to roost imho. Plus the new incinerate fire move to burn any oran berries.

P.S. Regretted getting black as washibon is at white. :( In
lol, I was worried about the dark/flying's ability and movepool in case it would get banned.
Hopefully someone will right something on it, I'm not that interested in Baru but would like to see its support movepool.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most promising set for Washibon has to be a Choice Scarf set. It won't need to waste time setting anything up with 83 Attack and Hustle. Steel-types aren't really the most common Pokemon in Little Cup anyways, I doubt this will have too much trouble other than Hustle fucking up everything's accuracy.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think that Washibon can have any of its non-TM level-up moves except for Peck, Leer, and Fury Attack because it's exclusively Male. This means that Wing Attack, Scary Face, Slash, Defog, Tail Wind, Air Slash (lol), Crush Claw, Whirlwind, Brave Bird, and Thrash are all no-gos.

Regardless, a Hustle-boosted Aerial Ace isn't too shabby, and it still gets Return, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, and Rock Smash (?) from TMs as far as Offensive moves go, and that's not too bad (the only loss is Brave Bird).

It does severely limit its support set options, though.

Um, does encourage get rid of the recoil from brave bird? I know it boost the power of a move but ignores secondary effects, so will it work?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Um, does encourage get rid of the recoil from brave bird? I know it boost the power of a move but ignores secondary effects, so will it work?
it will take recoil and get no boost for BB since Encourage only boosts attacks that have percentual chance for their secondary effects like flinch or status.

Negative Effects like recoil or stat drops will still happen and dont get a boost.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think that Washibon can have any of its non-TM level-up moves except for Peck, Leer, and Fury Attack because it's exclusively Male. This means that Wing Attack, Scary Face, Slash, Defog, Tail Wind, Air Slash (lol), Crush Claw, Whirlwind, Brave Bird, and Thrash are all no-gos.

No, this does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)