Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
op stolen from gorex

RU Teambuilding Lab
Rules:

- Have a post describing the core / Pokemon you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- Please refrain from posting teams unless you are a "builder," but if you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the construction of a certain team, PM me.
- Do note that requests for teams built around mons that are C rank and below are not allowed anymore as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C+ rank is still allowed)

I'd like to request a [insert generation][insert possibly team archetype (stall, offense, etc.)] around [insert mon/s].

You're also welcome to include exact sets that you would want.

Note:
If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.
Builder Application And Requirement
1. Be knowledgeable regarding the RU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Hosts
Mac3

SV Builders
Mac3
TheFranklin
Beraldinho
eifo
Oathkeeper
Yourwelcomethanku
GoldCat
C0nfiden1 0yster
Sneakyplanner
cyanize

Old Gen Builders
Mac3 (SS)
C0nfiden1 0yster (SS)
Beraldo (SS)
Oathkeeper (SS)
GoldCat (ORAS, BW)
cyanize (SM)
Feliburn (ORAS)

Announcements
  • The Lab is currently ACCEPTING builder applications (especially oldgen ones)!
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.
  • We are building for ALL GENS!

Last edited:
I noticed that Farigiraf is ranked pretty decently on the VR. As such, I'd like a team using it. Doesn't matter the playstyle, any team with Farigiraf will do.
Here's a spikes offensive team with substitute+nasty plot Farigiraf. :farigiraf: :Palossand: :rotom-heat: :tauros-paldea-water: :klefki: :tatsugiri:

The giraffe is kind of the weak link and if dealing with other setup sweepers is a problem I would reccomend replacing it with something like revavroom, but it's a unique setup sweeper that can win 1v1 vs mismagius and beats blissey thanks to 101 hp substitutes and psyshock. The team's gameplan is to set up hazards in the early game and use the offensive power of rotom and Farigiraf to force switches, with tatsugiri being both a way to keep farigiraf from being ruined by hazards and sweep if given the chance.

Hey there, I'd like to request a team featuring Nasty Plot Zoroark. It's a mon I've always liked for its ability to lure checks/counters to whatever it's mimicking, but I haven't really dipped my toes into SV RU yet so idk how to build with it.

Thanks! :psyglad:

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
Rawbi
hey, sry 4 bein a lil late!
i whipped up this neat np tatsu + zoro team here, the intent was 2 lure in mons like klefki, zong, frosmoth or slowbro that think theyre safe switching in/staying in on tatsu and smacking them around with flamethrower or stab. grass knot on zoro hits krook, water tauros, n does a buncha damage in one turn 2 our fat grounds in case u find somebody that suspects something is up with tatsu and expects phsyical zoro or u want 2 disguise as kilo instead (which is pretty nice 2). psychic would also b a good coverage option 4 both tauros, flamigo, and other fighting targets like that that might try 2 threaten a slow physically frail tatsu. mudsdale is speed crept a bit past min speed arboliva, since its a bit threatening 2 this team due 2 the lack of strong physical presence or special attacking stab. ppl seem 2 like running surf on np tatsu but i used hydro pump here bc this team could rly use the extra power given theres no boosting items. i also decided 2 b walled by trace garde by using storm drain, because otherwise the mu vs most water attackers would be dismal. it's a pretty fun team when everything goes right, n haze rev + healing wish garde r a big help when they don't!

I would like to request a team with a dark-spam core that is centered around Weavile and at least one other offensive dark type such as Krookodile or Bonnet. Thank you in advance :)

I hope this thread is still a little active.

With recent metagame shifts I've found it hard to adapt to the SV RU Metagame and am thus not very good at Teambuilding. If possible, I would like to request a Bulky Offense Team centered around Iron Thorns.
As for the set, I don't mind it being the standard Dragon Dancer or a new experimental set, like Choice Band. I'll happily accept whatever works best.
If possible, I would also love for either (Specs) Arboliva or Brute Bonnet to be a part of the team, although that is by no means required if it cannot fit on the team.

Much thanks in advance! <3

I would love a Basculegio Offense team, maybe with Hazard Stack? Thank you!
https://pokepast.es/2324e6b603603eb0 here's a hazard stack team with basculegion. It uses u-turn noivern and slither wing to bring in basculegion against pokemon trying to wall them like Diancie. Basculegion kind of ended up being the weak link but it helps a lot vs some big threats like lucario and just beating slow teams in general. The team is only relevant for a few more days before tier shifts, so enjoy it for now.

https://pokepast.es/2324e6b603603eb0 here's a hazard stack team with basculegion. It uses u-turn noivern and slither wing to bring in basculegion against pokemon trying to wall them like Diancie. Basculegion kind of ended up being the weak link but it helps a lot vs some big threats like lucario and just beating slow teams in general. The team is only relevant for a few more days before tier shifts, so enjoy it for now.
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)