Project RU Teambuilding Factory V3 (Read the OP and all that jazz)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this is the third time in recent weeks that somebody posted a team without getting approval. The thread owners have the policy of teams either needing to be approved or coming from one of the approved builders because they wanted to ensure the teams posted are of highest quality possible. I appreciate that there are people outside of the approved builders that want to contribute, and I understand there was good intentions from the users who submitted teams that were not approved builders, but please make sure you ask for permission first because it's the standard procedure for this thread and it prevents anyone from stepping on other people's toes.

Aside: MrAldo that is actually his team.

Also it shouldn't take 16 days for an official builder to give a guy a Specs Magneton team...everybody and their mother is using that these days. I expect much faster responses when it's somebody asking for a team built around a bog standard Pokemon.
Yeah, I read the message of him saying it was him team. My sincerest apologies to Laurens
I woke up with not the best mood I will admit and I misjudged the situation.

Regarding taking 16 days, people gotta understand we can get busy but I take responsibility from that since I assigned the build to one of our builders but all of a sudden he went extremely inactive so I will compensate doing the request myself, and perhaps others.

Cheers, and thanks for the moderation assistance. Also I typed all of this on phone :v

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So yeah, lets pass the page with all of this, shall we?

Deeerpz

/

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Flygon @ Earth Plate
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Aqua Tail

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover

Diancie @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Atk / 176 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Diamond Storm

OR

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Psychic

Went for a really different approach from those volt-turn builds that people run with scyther. Cool mon but I will use that later on. I always liked volt-turn even with mega steelix around so it getting better opens a lot of possibilities. Started with Sawk, ridiculous wallbreaker to attempt to switch into thanks to its perfect neutral coverage supported by specs magneton and offensive defog flygon, providing it solid pivoting and safe switches through strong volt switches and u-turns. Magneton also cover all of sawk main weaknesses which is a plus. Flygon defogs and keep sawk sturdy intact, is so easy to defog with it and people know it.

Next wanted a psychic type check + something to not press X against venusaur + speed. Scarf drapion it is. I hated this set at first but it always manage to put work and it being able to run adamant give it that extra hmmmmphhh, you know. Taunt Hex Jellicent is GOD, and the main tool to beat opposing water types like slowking and blastoise, hence why it is so speedy. Colbur berry helps against fighting-types and, you do need it in this type of team. Diancie close the team by giving it rocks, cool dragon immunity and usual diancie stuff. Shuca berry helps to compensate for the pretty apparent ground weakness, plus helps to get rid of opposing flygons by luring them and helping scarf drapion clean late-game. Psychic to pressure venusaur and poisons even more.

Opposing fighting types are really annoying so keep jellicent and diancie and preserve sawk sturdy and you should be fine. Any issues let me know.

Will try to gather the builders to work on the mssing requests or do them on my own. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Hey there,

really cool team, I like the idea of bringing in Sawk through VoltTurn a lot. I do have a couple of questions, though:

- Scarf Drapion is neat, but I fail to see how it is supposed to deal with Venu. Knock off does 50 initially and Poison Jab does around 40, so Venu can simply Synthesis freely. What do you think about Houndoom in this slot? Checks psychics and deals with Venusaur much better.

- A dragon immunity seems good, but I dislike being so weak to Earthquakes. Uxie seems like the perfect rocker for the team, offering another much needed fighting type switch in (JelliGOD is easy to overwhelm), and a lot more momentum than Diancie.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there,

really cool team, I like the idea of bringing in Sawk through VoltTurn a lot. I do have a couple of questions, though:

- Scarf Drapion is neat, but I fail to see how it is supposed to deal with Venu. Knock off does 50 initially and Poison Jab does around 40, so Venu can simply Synthesis freely. What do you think about Houndoom in this slot? Checks psychics and deals with Venusaur much better.

- A dragon immunity seems good, but I dislike being so weak to Earthquakes. Uxie seems like the perfect rocker for the team, offering another much needed fighting type switch in (JelliGOD is easy to overwhelm), and a lot more momentum than Diancie.
Drapion can deal with Venusaur by giving you an actual switchin, Houndoom isn't a switchin and sucks at checking Psychics anyways. Drapion also lets your team not be 6-0ed by Virizion. On your second question, you have a Flygon there, if you're too paranoid about Ground spam then you could go for Shuca Berry Diancie. There's like two good ground type abusers atm, not counting Mega Camerupt or Seismitoad, so I'm pretty sure you're fine. Having no Dragon resist means Scarf Flygon or even band will give you a lot of difficulties, more than you already have.

Drapion can deal with Venusaur by giving you an actual switchin, Houndoom isn't a switchin and sucks at checking Psychics anyways. Drapion also lets your team not be 6-0ed by Virizion. On your second question, you have a Flygon there, if you're too paranoid about Ground spam then you could go for Shuca Berry Diancie. There's like two good ground type abusers atm, not counting Mega Camerupt or Seismitoad, so I'm pretty sure you're fine. Having no Dragon resist means Scarf Flygon or even band will give you a lot of difficulties, more than you already have.
Thanks for the insight!

I can see how dealing with Virizion is a big deal and what role Diancie is able to fulfill in this team. I am still a little worried about Venusaur, because while I can switch in Drapion, I can't actually do anything to it with Drapion. Maybe HP Fire could work on Magneton, but then Seismitoad becomes a huge issue. Anyways, I will continue testing the team and see if I can find in game solutions to my problems rather than changing the team itself.

Deeerpz Arifeen MrAldo

Maybe its just me, but I actually see a lot of value to uxie. Its all-around fantastic bulk allows it to sponge a ton of hits, even strong knock offs, meaning it can give you a lot more freedom when playing around stuff like viriz or venusaur. Yawn + U-Turn just steals momentum, which is perfect for this kind of team. The argument about a dragon immunity is pretty poor imo, as a) offensive dragon types are lacking in ru, b) magneton can resist strong outrages if needed, sawk can live with sturdy, and your scarfer can outrun in some situations, and c) jellicent beats flygon and druddigon anyway (although it may not have fun switching into band gon).

Deerpz point about scarf drapion is fair - although the typing is certainly preferable to houndooms, it does lack some offensive firepower that allows it to actually threaten things like venusaur significantly. While Scarf Houndoom is worse defensively, cannot ohko virizion, and has a weaker pursuit, it certainly has better cleaning moves in fire blast / dark pulse, and also has the utility of scarf destiny bond, which can change the game in a pinch especially due to its unexpcted nature. While I have not used scarf houndoom before, it sounds better on paper than scarf drap to me. Regardless of whether you prefer houndoom or drapion though, I definitely like uxie > diancie here as I feel it fits the team better.

MrAldo

Hey
Thanks a lot for their input Deeerpz FlamingVictini with that, uxie has been added as an option for the team (not too sure on scarf houndoom tho, still scratching my head on that but if it works it works).

Cheryl.

Cinccino @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tail Slap

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower

Sorry for taking AGES but yeah, we have been busy af and cincinno... no CINCCINO (I always get that name wrong) is quite the challenging mon to build with, in fact Im not quite satisfied with the result but it is a functional team. Thanks lighthouses for providing solid ideas for the team. Anyways we start with cincinno, same moveset and everything, pretty straightforward honestly. Solid combination of moves with knock off being the always godly move. I prefer life orb cause a mon that can switch moves like that is really dope but choice band has nice merits like OHKOing virizion with no prior damage so the choice is up to you.

Next, decided to pair it with rotom-N cause cincinno really struggle against the common bulky water + steel and other defensive cores (regi mola, you know the deal) so the little boy rotom just does that, pressuring them to no end through status and taking advantage of Pokemon like registeel all the time. I tend to add the fighting resists first over anything cause they scare me so, added slowking with a nice calm mind set which is a potent win condition and because medicham is the scariest thing. Next, added virizion which forms a nice calm mind spam core of sorts which helps to heavily pressure psychic types like sigilyph and company. Next, needed rocks and something for meloetta cause it clinically destroyed by backside at the moment so I added diancie so that does the trick. Provides a solid normal and flying resist so thats dope for the backbone.

Last, but not least important, Emboar. Sneasel is UGH and so is mega glalie so because diancie cant really check everything I wanted the extra safety so went with the ole classic scarf emboar. Sleep talk is the most useful of the fillers against sleep inducers like venusaur and vivillon if you ever face one (which is a legit nightmare to go again). No apparent psychic resist at first glance but rotom + diancie can check most of them, venusaur is gay so watch out and if you can some hefty boosts with virizion it gets less annoying. No volt switch blocker but virizion + diancie guarantees you dont lose to electrics.

Hope you enjoy, if you have any issues with it Im all ears, we all improve with the opinions :)

lighthouses is king.

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Rollout Shuckle

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard / Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Water]

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Refresh

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpA / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Air Slash

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

so basically, sd sneasel is the mon you requested obviously, but I decided to go shard + low kick in the last two slots mainly because i felt shard would be nice to cover certain stuff such as scarf flygon if it were not to be able to get off sd and it would also be nice even with the boost to hit fast as such. low kick is nice to maintain pressure on registeel because it can be worn down defensively with leech seed from defensive venu and scald from blastoise which is really appreciated. next up, went with specs magneton for the offensive pressure it is able to provide against common offense having walls that it can switch in to and upkeep momentum with volt switch while dealing tons of damage coupled with analytic. blastoise was defensive support that could really be appreciated through the use of switching into defensive steels such as the aforementioned registeel and has spin to keep hazards off of the side of the field, which can really pressure sneasel. defensive venu is smth that has really been coming up lately as a defensive switch to common fighting types with the exception of medicham. sigilyph was included to pressure defensive switchins to sneasel with the use of psycho shift + flame orb which can really serve to wear them down for late game whereby sneasel really shines. last but not least, diancie was included as a fire-type check while providing rocks which the team had been lacking thus far. pretty much standard spdef set and not much else to explain here.
hope the team suits your playing style and that you will have positive results with it!

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Rigas

Core:

/

desire (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Psychic
- Frustration

testing 123 (Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

six days (Drapion) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Toxic Spikes

walk on water (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 12 Spe / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic

i am a tree (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Synthesis

oh the guilt (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

i hosted a bit of a workshop and made this with the user who requested it. we started with this melo-p set (i later made knock off frustration cuz of scarf drap). uxie was added as the rocker and fighting check, its a nice pivot and provides knock support. drapion was then added initially as a way to sd and weaken phys walls but later changed to tspikes scarf. toise for control (can be mola instead). lo viriz for solid water check cm diancie for birds

alternate options:
- sd drapion > scarf
- cm > hp ice viriz
- mola > toise (feen says spin isnt required)

walk on water (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 156 Def / 240 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald

e: forgot to make scarf drap adamant as it was originally sd so i fixed that:D

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder

I'd like to request a balanced team involving scarf Venusaur. Venusaur has nice Speed to go Choice Scarf and makes for a nice change of pace from the standard Life Orb set and it hits pretty hard with Leaf Storm especially if in Overgrow range. Feel free to change up the set if need be.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe (Smogon spread, if you have a better spread feel free to use it)
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak / Other options such as sucker, gunk and dbond here, again feel free to use whatever moves you feel will work better with the team.

Gonna request a team with Mega Banette in it, cool mon that forces a bunch of mind games thanks to prankster status, not to mention its incredibly high attack stat, I'm inclined towards some sort of bulky offense if it's not too much to ask, thanks in advance!

Reactions: Ace

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Thanks a lot for their input Deeerpz FlamingVictini with that, uxie has been added as an option for the team (not too sure on scarf houndoom tho, still scratching my head on that but if it works it works).

Cheryl.

Cinccino @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tail Slap

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Virizion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower

Sorry for taking AGES but yeah, we have been busy af and cincinno... no CINCCINO (I always get that name wrong) is quite the challenging mon to build with, in fact Im not quite satisfied with the result but it is a functional team. Thanks lighthouses for providing solid ideas for the team. Anyways we start with cincinno, same moveset and everything, pretty straightforward honestly. Solid combination of moves with knock off being the always godly move. I prefer life orb cause a mon that can switch moves like that is really dope but choice band has nice merits like OHKOing virizion with no prior damage so the choice is up to you.

Next, decided to pair it with rotom-N cause cincinno really struggle against the common bulky water + steel and other defensive cores (regi mola, you know the deal) so the little boy rotom just does that, pressuring them to no end through status and taking advantage of Pokemon like registeel all the time. I tend to add the fighting resists first over anything cause they scare me so, added slowking with a nice calm mind set which is a potent win condition and because medicham is the scariest thing. Next, added virizion which forms a nice calm mind spam core of sorts which helps to heavily pressure psychic types like sigilyph and company. Next, needed rocks and something for meloetta cause it clinically destroyed by backside at the moment so I added diancie so that does the trick. Provides a solid normal and flying resist so thats dope for the backbone.

Last, but not least important, Emboar. Sneasel is UGH and so is mega glalie so because diancie cant really check everything I wanted the extra safety so went with the ole classic scarf emboar. Sleep talk is the most useful of the fillers against sleep inducers like venusaur and vivillon if you ever face one (which is a legit nightmare to go again). No apparent psychic resist at first glance but rotom + diancie can check most of them, venusaur is gay so watch out and if you can some hefty boosts with virizion it gets less annoying. No volt switch blocker but virizion + diancie guarantees you dont lose to electrics.

Hope you enjoy, if you have any issues with it Im all ears, we all improve with the opinions :)

lighthouses is king.
Sorry for the late response but this team is really awesome! Cinccino has been doing really well in practice, and the team supports it nicely! Thanks!

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
TONE114

Hey man i put sleep powder on venu bc that looks better to me, but feel free to change anything. Paired it w cb emboar for the nice wallbreaking early/mid game to maybe try to get the late goin w venusaur, trick room diancie pairs nicely w the two as it resists flying and it can support banded pig with trick room should the need arise, i dislike the recoil that lo makes u take so i run pixie plate, you can change it if u'd like. Stealth rocks uxie provides nice momentum for emboar and can knock registeel's leftovers off which i'd imagine is helpful for venusaur, i wanted some for of pursuit trapping here since that increases the chances of a late game w venu, it helps emboar spam some superpowers as well, i was gonna go w sneasel since i didnt like our gon matchup at this point but i also dislike playing w/o a clear win con in mind so i went w sd pursuit shuca drapion.
Just an observation but dd scrafty is a threat to this team and u can very well run colbur hw mesprit over uxie if u'd like, but uxie is just so damn good i feel like it might be more valuable having it since you are able to outplay the scrafty matchup, its gonna be p hard.

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Emboar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Diancie @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Refresh

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Im a lil bit rusty but i hope you like it :D!
Cheers
-mr aldo please

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TONE114

Hey man i put sleep powder on venu bc that looks better to me, but feel free to change anything. Paired it w cb emboar for the nice wallbreaking early/mid game to maybe try to get the late goin w venusaur, trick room diancie pairs nicely w the two as it resists flying and it can support banded pig with trick room should the need arise, i dislike the recoil that lo makes u take so i run pixie plate, you can change it if u'd like. Stealth rocks uxie provides nice momentum for emboar and can knock registeel's leftovers off which i'd imagine is helpful for venusaur, i wanted some for of pursuit trapping here since that increases the chances of a late game w venu, it helps emboar spam some superpowers as well, i was gonna go w sneasel since i didnt like our gon matchup at this point but i also dislike playing w/o a clear win con in mind so i went w sd pursuit shuca drapion.
Just an observation but dd scrafty is a threat to this team and u can very well run colbur hw mesprit over uxie if u'd like, but uxie is just so damn good i feel like it might be more valuable having it since you are able to outplay the scrafty matchup, its gonna be p hard.

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Emboar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Diancie @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Refresh

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Im a lil bit rusty but i hope you like it :D!
Cheers
-mr aldo please
Appreciate the team lighthouses. will try it out.

Requesting a team built around Defensive Spikes Qwilfish plz.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave / Pain Split / Toxic Spikes

Interesting mon that sits at a very nice speed tier for one that is defensive. Fast Scald Burns and Taunts against slower mons are very helpful, and it resists the ever potent fighting type.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald / Hex

I have never used this Pokemon because it never fits my teams. I want to use it on like Bulky Offense or Stall thx

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Take Azelfie

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch / Substitute
- Aerial Ace

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Meloetta @ Choice Specs / Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Jellicent (M) @ Colbur Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Recover
- Taunt

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Okay so this team was built a while ago which was built around Fletchinder + Duggy core because Duggy is broken. I took a long while to build this team, unlike my other builds so I had a lot of trial and error and finally decided to have Meloetta as a Psychic check. Jellicent is the Water-type check + soft checks Dark-types due to its amazing item, colbur berry. Registeel was added because Venusaur is a dong and also checks Psychic and Fletchinder. Flygon provides hazard control and ground resists and also acts as a glue. Team struggles vs Sneasel so you could run Colbur Melo oo

Fletchinder
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

two pokemon i really enjoy using in ru, since meloetta takes so many special attacks and dishes out pretty solid damage, on an offensive set. it also weakens physical walls for fletchlinder, which helps. our bird is what it is, and i like acrobatics spam . i had a few teams with these guys in the steelix meta, but since those days are over, looking to replenish my ammo. an offensively oriented team would be great, but i dont mind balance at all. i hope its viable enough, despite the lack of direct synergy!

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Fletchinder
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

two pokemon i really enjoy using in ru, since meloetta takes so many special attacks and dishes out pretty solid damage, on an offensive set. it also weakens physical walls for fletchlinder, which helps. our bird is what it is, and i like acrobatics spam . i had a few teams with these guys in the steelix mega, but since those days are over, looking to replenish my ammo. an offensively oriented team would be great, but i dont mind balance at all. i hope its viable enough, despite the lack of direct synergy!
i would say just try that of the post above you by altering the sets, and see if that would suit you first, before coming back if you want a different styled team

hey guys,this is my first time to speak here,but ive pay attention for a long time.and i think about the combination downbelow when i talk with friends.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt/Iron head
- Protect
- Toxic

Scrafty @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

that is a balance core(maybe).and these two pokemons have excellent type combination thet can check some attack for each other.for example,Scarf eat Houndoom and pressure it back.Bron is a stealth rock setter,ant it can destroy setups by toxic and protect.I think Iron head is more useful that can hit Fairy that Scarf hates.And scarf is setup,dd is the greatest characteristic of Scarf and it is a brilliant win condition,Poison job is for annoying fairy.But as you see,they have no way to recover hp except leftovers(in fact,the only move of Bron that can recover hp is Rest,and Scarf have no space for recover moves).and Scarf hates a pokemon that can stop it setup just like Bron.so a cleric is so important.
in fact ,i have no idea about the EVs of two pms.
Thats all,thank u\(//∇//)\

Last edited:
Aggron @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail

fun set. Deadly late game cleaner that can double as a dangerous breaker vs balance/stall. Jolly to outspeed scarfcham+accelgor.

I would like a fighting spam team involving Medicham and Gallade. Both hit extremely hard and put alot of offensive pressure on the ballance and crippling stall teams but tricking choice items on to them. Very Powerful combo! I would prefer balence but I could also go with a offensive team too.

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

Gallade @ Choice Band
Adament Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Trick

Last edited:

Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
Granbull is one of the coolest pokemon in the tier in my opinion. I just love it's design, typing, and movepool to death, no matter how simple it may seem. I don't really care about the specifics, I just want a good team with this Granbull set. I would also like the team to be Bulky Offense or Balance, as I feel offensive Granbull would excel in those conditions. Everything else I leave up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)