Project RU Teambuilding Competition『Cycle 7: Rock-types! - Voting』

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
Congratulations to Loom and DBW for winning this week's cycle.
Now, let's move on to a new cycle. This week's subject will be:

Cycle 6: VoltTurn

With the introduction of the moves U-turn and Volt Switch, in Gen 4 and Gen 5 respectively, the concept of momentum quickly began to become one of the most important aspects of Pokémon as we know it know. Slow and fast Pivots started appearing and completely changed the game, this roles now represent an important part of the game itself. The RU tier is no exception to that. At the moment our tier possesses an wide amount of Pokémon that know and use this moves frequently. I hope to see a good variety of Pokémon used and a mix between more offensive and bulky teams. Start building!

Rules:

- Your team must have at least two Pokémon with either U-turn or Volt Switch.
- Deadline: 22/04

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Break The Mold - Volt-Turn BO

226px-Sugimori_181m1.png Download.jpg 250px-Sugimori_376.png 250px-080Slowbro.png PGL-232.png 250px-282Gardevoir.png

Team Description:
Volt-Turn Bulky Offense with some Innovation in it; I started the teambuilding process with Mega Ampharos as it is a good Volt-Switch user, the Dual typing is pretty good
and its has good coverage option in Focus Blast to hit steel types it can't hit super effectively otherwise.
Next Member is Tsareena with Choice Band + Adamant Nature to have the maximum power from its good Attack stat. Its coverage options are Knock Off and High Jump Kick.
Knock Off in general is a good move, High Jump Kick can also pass Steel types, which try to wall Tsareena and U-Turn gives a strong Momentum.
Metagross is Rocks, Meteor Mash, Earthquake and Thunder-Punch with Electrium Z, Thunder Punch coupled with the Z-Move is able to get past his enemy in Slowbro,
which otherwise is able to wall Metagross. Metagross is Adamant to abuse its good Attack stat.
Slowbro is a fire type check and is able to help against Zygarde 10% which is a huge threat to the team. Scald and Psyshock is the STAB and Ice Beam a strong
coverage option, which functions to get rid off Zygarde10, Flygon, Noivern and can also deal damage to grass types super effectively.
Donphan is another physical bulky option and the metagame trend recently gave it a huge Viability boost so I decided to use it as a Volt-Blocker
because its Ground typing allows it to switch into electric type attacks. Rapid spin is a great option and Earthquake is its STAB,
I gave it Gunk Shot to lure in Grass Types which can catch some opponents by surprise if they aren't prepared for this.
The Scarfer is Gardevoir with Psychic, Moonblast and Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball hits psychic types and ghost types super effectively. Healing Wish can come in handy to give a pokémon a second chance to function again.

Importable:
Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Tsareena @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Metagross @ Electrium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Shard

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Healing Wish

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/44117249c988b4f3

Sawk Mesprit Volt Turn

Standard volt-turn bar a couple of niche picks. Sawk is a fantastic wallbreaker in this meta imo, Sturdy being an amazing ability so you can nuke mons that typically OHKO you such as a boosted Virizion. Mega Blastoise is just here to spin and provide a solid Metagross check, just typical toise shit im p sure you all already know the drill. Raikou is a solid pick for this team for the fact that it's able to break Flyings like Mandibuzz and waters like Golisopod. Now here we get into the meaty part of this team, and I'm sure you all are wondering why the fuck you're seeing a Mesprit on your screen. Mesprit is able to fill 3 valuable roles in the tier, such as being a Stealth Rocker, checking Zygarde 10% and Virizon, and also being able to Healing Wish, this helps out Sawk, Golisopod, and Blastoise alot because they all appreciate the extended longevity and a second chance. Golisopod can break troublesome grasses like Mega Scep, which is a thorn in volt-turns side, Shaymin, and Roserade to an extent if it takes rocks. Noivern is my scarfer, being an extremely reliable one in the meta rn, being able to check a plethora of mons like Virizion, Shaymin, Roserade, Golisopod, Mega Scep, and Salazzle, while also ripping apart offense.

Electrium Gross VolTurn

I started the team with the volturn core. I decided for Raikou + Noivern, this core gives a great momentum to the team. AV Raikou is a really good pivot that resists very well special attacks from threats such as M-Blastoise or Noivern. Scarf Noivern provides me a good revenge killer for setup sweepers like Zygarde or Feraligatr and checks Golisopod, also with Switcheroo it helps me dealing with defensive stuff like Bronzong. I chose Metagross as my setup sweeper because it has safe switch ins thanks to my volturn core and, in late game, it can take advantage of Noivern's Switcheroo doing setup easier at tricked walls like Registeel. Electrium removes fat water types which usually switch in to check Metagross. Rhyperior is my rocker and it provides me a great resist for fire types and strong physical breakers like Tyrantrum and, thanks to Toxic, it helps me vs fat things like Cresselia or Porygon which are annoying. My spinner is M-Blastoise, the best spinner of the tier and a great offensive presence for the team. I ended with Tangela, which helps vs CB Zygarde and is a great pivot that also helps vs offensive mons like Virizion or Metagross.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Metagross @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Agility

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Tangela (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpA / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Last edited:
Voltturn Catastrophe
Featuring Alolan Persian

Seeing how it was a broad subject of "VoltTurn", I decided to experiment. I decided on Persian-Alola+Specs Yanmega because Persian lures in alot of Fighting and Bug types in, which Yanmega can exploit. Parting Shot is cool in general for getting more free switches, and Z Parting Shot is potentially another Healing Wish. Florges was the defogger of choice, checking Blastoise, more Fighting types, as well as somewhat handling Virizion. Blastoise can get free Rapid Spins off, as well as pressuring alot with it's amazing coverage. Blastoise also handles Metagross and choice locked Fire Blast Salazzle. Nidoqueen is the rocker, checks Salazzle as long as it's healthy enough to eat a fire blast and then Earthpower, as well as checking Roserade. Noivern is the speed control, also provides momentum with U-turn, and can check Roserade and revenge kill things like Virizion and Salazzle.

Pinboim3

Rain days are the worst
This week we ended up having some very cool ideas. Loom and Sickist submitted teams with underrated threats on the new meta, Specs Yanmega and Sawk alongside Alolan Persian and Mesprit, respectively, which can have a cool role in Ru. Meanwhile, Rey Joya submitted a team with a cool lure for Mega Blastoise, Electrium Z Metagross, and Tangela. Katy showed us a team with the most recent meta trends, like Donphan and Tsareena, and Mega Ampharos. You can now start to vote on your favorite teams.

Volt-Turn Bulky Offense with some Innovation in it; I started the teambuilding process with Mega Ampharos as it is a good Volt-Switch user, the Dual typing is pretty good
and its has good coverage option in Focus Blast to hit steel types it can't hit super effectively otherwise.
Next Member is Tsareena with Choice Band + Adamant Nature to have the maximum power from its good Attack stat. Its coverage options are Knock Off and High Jump Kick.
Knock Off in general is a good move, High Jump Kick can also pass Steel types, which try to wall Tsareena and U-Turn gives a strong Momentum.
Metagross is Rocks, Meteor Mash, Earthquake and Thunder-Punch with Electrium Z, Thunder Punch coupled with the Z-Move is able to get past his enemy in Slowbro,
which otherwise is able to wall Metagross. Metagross is Adamant to abuse its good Attack stat.
Slowbro is a fire type check and is able to help against Zygarde 10% which is a huge threat to the team. Scald and Psyshock is the STAB and Ice Beam a strong
coverage option, which functions to get rid off Zygarde10, Flygon, Noivern and can also deal damage to grass types super effectively.
Donphan is another physical bulky option and the metagame trend recently gave it a huge Viability boost so I decided to use it as a Volt-Blocker
because its Ground typing allows it to switch into electric type attacks. Rapid spin is a great option and Earthquake is its STAB,
I gave it Gunk Shot to lure in Grass Types which can catch some opponents by surprise if they aren't prepared for this.
The Scarfer is Gardevoir with Psychic, Moonblast and Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball hits psychic types and ghost types super effectively. Healing Wish can come in handy to give a pokémon a second chance to function again.
https://pokepast.es/44117249c988b4f3
Standard volt-turn bar a couple of niche picks. Sawk is a fantastic wallbreaker in this meta imo, Sturdy being an amazing ability so you can nuke mons that typically OHKO you such as a boosted Virizion. Mega Blastoise is just here to spin and provide a solid Metagross check, just typical toise shit im p sure you all already know the drill. Raikou is a solid pick for this team for the fact that it's able to break Flyings like Mandibuzz and waters like Golisopod. Now here we get into the meaty part of this team, and I'm sure you all are wondering why the fuck you're seeing a Mesprit on your screen. Mesprit is able to fill 3 valuable roles in the tier, such as being a Stealth Rocker, checking Zygarde 10% and Virizon, and also being able to Healing Wish, this helps out Sawk, Golisopod, and Blastoise alot because they all appreciate the extended longevity and a second chance. Golisopod can break troublesome grasses like Mega Scep, which is a thorn in volt-turns side, Shaymin, and Roserade to an extent if it takes rocks. Noivern is my scarfer, being an extremely reliable one in the meta rn, being able to check a plethora of mons like Virizion, Shaymin, Roserade, Golisopod, Mega Scep, and Salazzle, while also ripping apart offense.
https://pokepast.es/f1c862a2dac50439
I started the team with the volturn core. I decided for Raikou + Noivern, this core gives a great momentum to the team. AV Raikou is a really good pivot that resists very well special attacks from threats such as M-Blastoise or Noivern. Scarf Noivern provides me a good revenge killer for setup sweepers like Zygarde or Feraligatr and checks Golisopod, also with Switcheroo it helps me dealing with defensive stuff like Bronzong. I chose Metagross as my setup sweeper because it has safe switch ins thanks to my volturn core and, in late game, it can take advantage of Noivern's Switcheroo doing setup easier at tricked walls like Registeel. Electrium removes fat water types which usually switch in to check Metagross. Rhyperior is my rocker and it provides me a great resist for fire types and strong physical breakers like Tyrantrum and, thanks to Toxic, it helps me vs fat things like Cresselia or Porygon which are annoying. My spinner is M-Blastoise, the best spinner of the tier and a great offensive presence for the team. I ended with Tangela, which helps vs CB Zygarde and is a great pivot that also helps vs offensive mons like Virizion or Metagross.
https://pokepast.es/d40948c076294817
Seeing how it was a broad subject of "VoltTurn", I decided to experiment. I decided on Persian-Alola+Specs Yanmega because Persian lures in alot of Fighting and Bug types in, which Yanmega can exploit. Parting Shot is cool in general for getting more free switches, and Z Parting Shot is potentially another Healing Wish. Florges was the defogger of choice, checking Blastoise, more Fighting types, as well as somewhat handling Virizion. Blastoise can get free Rapid Spins off, as well as pressuring alot with it's amazing coverage. Blastoise also handles Metagross and choice locked Fire Blast Salazzle. Nidoqueen is the rocker, checks Salazzle as long as it's healthy enough to eat a fire blast and then Earthpower, as well as checking Roserade. Noivern is the speed control, also provides momentum with U-turn, and can check Roserade and revenge kill things like Virizion and Salazzle.
https://pokepast.es/2f4bf1fd8fb1d247

Congratulations to Rey Joya and Loom for winning this round! After the end of RUPL season, we are able to catch onto some trends that sticked towards the tournament, and we are gonna work with one of them right now:

Cycle 7: Rock-types!

After the rise of trends such as Noivern and Mandibuzz and how dangerous Fire-types like Salazzle and Houndoom proved to be, Rock-types starting getting traction on the tier. Diancie was the 9th most used Pokémon on RUPL regular season, being able to check a plethora of Pokémon, set up Stealth Rocks and have a great typing. Rhyperior and Gigalith, 21th and 42th, also proved worth in access to Stealth Rock, great bulk and offensive power. In other hand, Lycanroc-Dusk and Tyrantrum were lesser used wallbreakers that can wreck havoc with their raw power. What can we build with them?

Rules:
  • Your team must have a Rock-type Pokémon.
  • Deadline: 11/05

Katy

Banned deucer.
Diamonds In The Storm

206px-Sugimori_719.png 250px-Sugimori_376.png 758.png 250px-Sugimori_114.png 250px-630Mandibuzz.png 250px-Sugimori_243.png

Explanation:
This squad is built around Diancie, Diancie serves the roles as the Stealth Rocker here and can be helpful with its role as a cleric, it also is supposed to be a fire pkmn check
with Houndoom arrives as a check for Ninetales and Salazzle Diancie has gotten a better spot in RU metagame. It resists both STABs of Houndoom with its typing in Fairy/Rock and is able to
OHKO Houndoom with its Diamond Storm same goes to Salazzle and Ninetales with OHKOing them.
Metagross is Choice Banded and is a strong hard hitter with Meteor Mash, Earthquake for opposing Steel types and Thunder Punch for Slowbro, Pursuit is to trap psychic types
such as Gardevoir, which want to switch out to hit them during the withdrawing process.
Salazzle became better recently with the nice dual typing and Nasty Plot boosting its good SpAtt even further. Fire Blast and Sludge Wave are the preferred STAB options and with
Poisonium Z Sludge Wave is a nuke to anything but steel types, even pkmn which resists it getting hit hard by a +2 Z-Sludge Wave. Hidden Power [Grass] meanwhile hits ground types.
Tangela meanwhile not ranked yet at RU still serves as a check to Zygarde 10% and is a water resist on the team. Bulky pkmn with Eviolite and an amazing Ability in Regenerator is very useful and it can come in constantly on ground types to check them.
Its amazing physical defence helps it a lot there and it can be really annoying for teams with Leech Seed as recovery option too as it can hit the incoming pkmn from the opposing team.
Leaf Storms a high BP STAB and Knock Off is really usefull as well with removing Items from the opposing team.
The last slot is Hidden Power [Flying] to hit Virizion much harder than it does with Sludge Bomb but it still hits other grasstypes with HP flying.
Mandibuzz is a bulky Defogger with Roost, U-Turn to gain Momentum and Foul Play, Leftis and Roost helps it with its longevity resulting in constant Defog Support.
Last mon is Choice Specs Raikou with strong Thunderbolt and Volt Switch, Shadow Ball to hit Psychich types such as Bronzong and Extrasensory can be used for Roserade and also Virizion which try to check it, if predicted right they get hit hard.

Importable:
Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Metagross @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 92 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Foul Play

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c24ba56eb10f084a

CB TYRANTRUM + Z CELEBRATE SHAYMIN BALANCE

This time, my teambuilding idea was Choice Band Tyrantrum with Z Celebrate Shaymin. Choice Band Tyrantrum has an amazing potencial of wallbreaking and it does a lot of damage to walls with SpD like Cresselia, Porygon-2 or Snorlax and steel types like Registeel, Escavalier or Bronzong, these mons check Shaymin and doesn’t let it setup. I needed a good answer for Virizion because it is a big threat, I decided for bulky Noivern which also checks things like Golisopod or Escavalier and with U-turn it provides momentum, really important for this team. Scarf Metagross gives me some speed control and outspeeds threats like Swellow or Salazzle, Trick helps dealing with Curse Snorlax and other walls. Thanks to this and to Tyrantrum’s strength, Shaymin can setup easier and clean in late game. Milotic checks M-Blastoise and Haze deals with setup sweepers. My last slot is Donphan. I needed a hazard removal and a good answer for Zygarde so Donphan was ideal to finish the team, also is an incredible mon and a good answer against so many physical attackers such as Toxicroak.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Shaymin @ Normalium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Celebrate
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Noivern @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Def / 184 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Rock Monster (ft. Barbaracle)

I started with Barbaracle+Roserade, as Barbarcle loves spikes and hates grass types, so Roserade was a natural pick. Donphan was added as Hazard control, a Metagross check, as well as a way to revenge MSceptile, Flygon, Noivern, etc. Noivern was added as more speed control, as well as Switcheroo to cripple defensive mons that Barbaracle dislikes, such as Cresselia and Tangela. Necrozma was added as the Rocker, and as well as a legit Fighting and Psychic resist, which the team really appreciates. Finally, the team lacked immediate power, as well as a Dark resist. So I decided on Bewear, as it's ability let it come in on most Dark types, and throw off a powerful STAB attack.

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Donphan @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Z Mismagius Rocks

I started this team with Mismagius and Diancie since i wanted to build something withz Z NP Mismagius. Diancie provides rocks to the team and the Dark resist Mismagius needs. I continue the sinergy with CM Virizion the Grass-Type for helping against Blastoise or other water-types, with a CM set that i like a lot and can kill Noivern with the help of Coba Berry. Metagross enter the team for speed control and having a decent check of Fairy-Types such as Florges or other Diancies. I added then Golisopod, a mon that can help the sweep with Spikes or break down threats due to his First Impression. It is another Water type pivot too. And last i wanted a mon that can stop a little bit Electric types, with good physical damage and capable to clean in late game with priority so Zydog comes in.

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Virizion @ Coba Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Trick

Golisopod @ Insect Plate
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Liquidation

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

https://pokepast.es/91a082ca54eec664

extremely late but let's get this started

Lycanroc-Dusk Bulky Offense

I quite like this team, Lycanroc Dusk is a decent breaker in the meta rn, although it can be a real pain to use because it hates Donphan and Slowbro usage being up. Golisopod is here to beat Donphan, making Lycanroc's job so much easier. Noivern is here to provide speed control and a solid Virizion check if it lacks Stone Edge. Mega Toise is here to spin, I bet you guys didn't expect that huh? Bronzong is here to set up Stealth Rocks while also providing a Gardevoir answer, which this team can have issues against. And last but not least, Virizion is my Z-User and my check to Zygarde-10% and Barbaracle.

|pokepast.es|

In Da Block G*ng

Basically i wanted to build around Block Feraligatr, i saw that set in SPL and i liked it a lot, you can block things like Registeel, Mandibuzz, Bronzong, Slowbro, etc. You just need to block someone and set up, that's gg. I put on that team some sets that i like a lot aka Viriz CM and Band Escavalier, my 2 walls are Florges as defog user and wish support for Rhyperior, and Rhyperior both standard sets.
Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Block
- Rest

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Defog
- Moonblast

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Switcheroo
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

hey, vote on your favorite teams for this cycle!

Diamonds In The Storm

View attachment 174332 View attachment 174336 View attachment 174337 View attachment 174334 View attachment 174333 View attachment 174335

Explanation:
This squad is built around Diancie, Diancie serves the roles as the Stealth Rocker here and can be helpful with its role as a cleric, it also is supposed to be a fire pkmn check
with Houndoom arrives as a check for Ninetales and Salazzle Diancie has gotten a better spot in RU metagame. It resists both STABs of Houndoom with its typing in Fairy/Rock and is able to
OHKO Houndoom with its Diamond Storm same goes to Salazzle and Ninetales with OHKOing them.
Metagross is Choice Banded and is a strong hard hitter with Meteor Mash, Earthquake for opposing Steel types and Thunder Punch for Slowbro, Pursuit is to trap psychic types
such as Gardevoir, which want to switch out to hit them during the withdrawing process.
Salazzle became better recently with the nice dual typing and Nasty Plot boosting its good SpAtt even further. Fire Blast and Sludge Wave are the preferred STAB options and with
Poisonium Z Sludge Wave is a nuke to anything but steel types, even pkmn which resists it getting hit hard by a +2 Z-Sludge Wave. Hidden Power [Grass] meanwhile hits ground types.
Tangela meanwhile not ranked yet at RU still serves as a check to Zygarde 10% and is a water resist on the team. Bulky pkmn with Eviolite and an amazing Ability in Regenerator is very useful and it can come in constantly on ground types to check them.
Its amazing physical defence helps it a lot there and it can be really annoying for teams with Leech Seed as recovery option too as it can hit the incoming pkmn from the opposing team.
Leaf Storms a high BP STAB and Knock Off is really usefull as well with removing Items from the opposing team.
The last slot is Hidden Power [Flying] to hit Virizion much harder than it does with Sludge Bomb but it still hits other grasstypes with HP flying.
Mandibuzz is a bulky Defogger with Roost, U-Turn to gain Momentum and Foul Play, Leftis and Roost helps it with its longevity resulting in constant Defog Support.
Last mon is Choice Specs Raikou with strong Thunderbolt and Volt Switch, Shadow Ball to hit Psychich types such as Bronzong and Extrasensory can be used for Roserade and also Virizion which try to check it, if predicted right they get hit hard.

Importable:
Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 92 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Foul Play

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c24ba56eb10f084a

CB TYRANTRUM + Z CELEBRATE SHAYMIN BALANCE

This time, my teambuilding idea was Choice Band Tyrantrum with Z Celebrate Shaymin. Choice Band Tyrantrum has an amazing potencial of wallbreaking and it does a lot of damage to walls with SpD like Cresselia, Porygon-2 or Snorlax and steel types like Registeel, Escavalier or Bronzong, these mons check Shaymin and doesn’t let it setup. I needed a good answer for Virizion because it is a big threat, I decided for bulky Noivern which also checks things like Golisopod or Escavalier and with U-turn it provides momentum, really important for this team. Scarf Metagross gives me some speed control and outspeeds threats like Swellow or Salazzle, Trick helps dealing with Curse Snorlax and other walls. Thanks to this and to Tyrantrum’s strength, Shaymin can setup easier and clean in late game. Milotic checks M-Blastoise and Haze deals with setup sweepers. My last slot is Donphan. I needed a hazard removal and a good answer for Zygarde so Donphan was ideal to finish the team, also is an incredible mon and a good answer against so many physical attackers such as Toxicroak.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Shaymin @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Celebrate
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Noivern @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Def / 184 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- U-turn

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

Rock Monster (ft. Barbaracle)

I started with Barbaracle+Roserade, as Barbarcle loves spikes and hates grass types, so Roserade was a natural pick. Donphan was added as Hazard control, a Metagross check, as well as a way to revenge MSceptile, Flygon, Noivern, etc. Noivern was added as more speed control, as well as Switcheroo to cripple defensive mons that Barbaracle dislikes, such as Cresselia and Tangela. Necrozma was added as the Rocker, and as well as a legit Fighting and Psychic resist, which the team really appreciates. Finally, the team lacked immediate power, as well as a Dark resist. So I decided on Bewear, as it's ability let it come in on most Dark types, and throw off a powerful STAB attack.
Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Donphan @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Z Mismagius Rocks

I started this team with Mismagius and Diancie since i wanted to build something withz Z NP Mismagius. Diancie provides rocks to the team and the Dark resist Mismagius needs. I continue the sinergy with CM Virizion the Grass-Type for helping against Blastoise or other water-types, with a CM set that i like a lot and can kill Noivern with the help of Coba Berry. Metagross enter the team for speed control and having a decent check of Fairy-Types such as Florges or other Diancies. I added then Golisopod, a mon that can help the sweep with Spikes or break down threats due to his First Impression. It is another Water type pivot too. And last i wanted a mon that can stop a little bit Electric types, with good physical damage and capable to clean in late game with priority so Zydog comes in.

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Virizion @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Trick

Golisopod @ Insect Plate
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Liquidation

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

https://pokepast.es/91a082ca54eec664

extremely late but let's get this started

Lycanroc-Dusk Bulky Offense

I quite like this team, Lycanroc Dusk is a decent breaker in the meta rn, although it can be a real pain to use because it hates Donphan and Slowbro usage being up. Golisopod is here to beat Donphan, making Lycanroc's job so much easier. Noivern is here to provide speed control and a solid Virizion check if it lacks Stone Edge. Mega Toise is here to spin, I bet you guys didn't expect that huh? Bronzong is here to set up Stealth Rocks while also providing a Gardevoir answer, which this team can have issues against. And last but not least, Virizion is my Z-User and my check to Zygarde-10% and Barbaracle.

|pokepast.es|

In Da Block G*ng

Basically i wanted to build around Block Feraligatr, i saw that set in SPL and i liked it a lot, you can block things like Registeel, Mandibuzz, Bronzong, Slowbro, etc. You just need to block someone and set up, that's gg. I put on that team some sets that i like a lot aka Viriz CM and Band Escavalier, my 2 walls are Florges as defog user and wish support for Rhyperior, and Rhyperior both standard sets.
Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Block
- Rest

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Defog
- Moonblast

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Megahorn

Noivern @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Switcheroo
- Roost

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)