Metagame RU Stage 3 - Don't Rain On My Parade (Hariyama banned, see post#16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ban those threats. if ss was so full of uncheckable threats without defensive options why didnt we ban them

SS did not have any seriously broken uncheckable threats as every threat had major issues

Reuniclus had a sub par defensive typing being weak to spammed moves like U-Turn and Knock and also being very slow
Toxtricity had less answers but was frail and dropped to EQ
Flygon had better things to do
Heracross got checked by any flying type and there were a lot of them
Golisipod has the same problem as hera and that also includes being burnt as hera abused that with guts

And those are the most broken threats there are plenty others

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So Yama is gone. What gets better? I could state obvious stuff that's currently RU, but I'm gonna go a different direction

: I feel like it's been picking up some steam lately anyway, but man does the Yama ban help Zoroark a ton. Special sets in particular gain a lot of value since they don't have to be concerned about using its STAB and being punished by a game-ending sweep, but physical sets are probably the better route because of how good Knock + U-Turn with its Speed tier is. If it wants to go the SD route, it probably needs to be Tera Poison to deal with Slowbro post-Tera and the Fighting resistance might just be enough to save your skin from a Scarf CC. Alternatively, Dark switch-ins on the special side are pretty sparce aside from Blissey and can turn Specs Zoroark into a complete nightmare if disguised as the likes of Aqua Tauros or Flamigo as those two in particular tend to draw out Slowbro like a magnet and are all too happy to punch Blissey into the ground.

: Thick Fat Hariyama was one of the few offensive Pokemon that could safely switch directly into this and not immediately die or take 60%+ from a move. The Speed tier is a little shaky on Frosmoth considering its not very bulky on the physical side and the tier has plenty of physical attackers to pick from, particularly Scarf ones like Tauros and Flamigo, in order to put the pressure on it. It's also not the biggest fan of Brozong, but that isn't too big an issue considering how hostile the tier feels toward the bell rn. Wouldn't shock me much if this rises to RU proper or even potentially gets QBed / suspected now.

: Oh look, more Ice type mons that Thick Fat Hariyama gave grief to. While Rain isn't the most common or anything, having a mini-core to turn the tables on it isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. And, oh yeah, the above Frosmoth also kinda loves Snow's Defense boost.

:sv/whiscash:
Whiscash @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Liquidation

There has been a lot of discussion about whether or not Rotom-Heat has been too overwhelming for the RU metagame or not, so I decided to share one of my favorite pkmn I've been using atm. I saw someone else (I forgot who) use Whiscash before and I was surprised about how it at the very minimum will get Stealth Rocks and 1 layer of spikes up per game if played correctly. Whiscash for me has been able to stack hazards so efficiently in the current meta game, given the offensive dominance of Rotom-Heat right now. The SpDef set can freely switch in on a Rotom-H and begin hazard stacking which heavily limits Rotom's ability to continually Volt Switch and give the opponent momentum due to the amount they are taking from hazards. Also, its Oblivious ability makes it immune to Taunt which a lot of players forget and Whiscash can then just go to town with setting up hazards. A big issue with Whiscash is the weaknesses to hazard removal, especially Altaria (which it does nothing against) or Tatsugiri which needs to be accounted for by other team members.
some basic calcs:
252 SpA Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Whiscash: 81-96 (19.1 - 22.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Whiscash: 162-192 (38.2 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

All in all, Whiscash is worth considering for those who are struggling to build around Rotom-H. It is one of the few ground types which can directly take on Rotom-H, Salazzle, Kilowattrel sometimes, etc. which ground types have been lacking to do in the current meta. Also, this is assuming Rotom-H doesn't start running all of a sudden Tera grass Tera Blast! It is a consistent hazard stacker and surprisingly fits well on different teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)