RU Spotlight: Magmortar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This will be an article on one of RU's greatest wallbreakers, Magmortar. I will talk about how it counters Sleep users and OHKO and 2HKO many walls. I'll talk about how you should not use the PS! recommended spread, but the one on Smogon. I'll also talk about it's counters Flareon, Druddigon, and Altaria.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The spotlight or featured mon is usually relegated to a mon that has a longstanding impact on the metagame. I would not say that Magmortar is one of those mons.

I would highly recommend reconsidering doing a different mon. Entei immediately comes to mind, as it is quite literally one of the best and has been one of the best RU wallbreakers since its inception.

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not too experienced with Entei, but I see that Slowking doesn't have an article yet. Mind if I do him?

I'm not too experienced with Entei, but I see that Slowking doesn't have an article yet. Mind if I do him?
I'm a Slateport Slowking and I approve this message.

Slowking has long been one of the best mons in RU. Works on stall, offense, balance, hail, TR, whatever. A top mon in pretty much every iteration of the tier and quite arguably the best Poke out there now that we lost queen~

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I started to just change the title.. but I'm not sure that actually makes any sense given the OP, etc.

Just post a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)