Tournament RU Snake Draft II: Manager Sign-ups and Format Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
(op based on the UU Snake Draft Manager Signups thread)

Banner_prospect.png

(actual art coming maybe soon)
Welcome everyone to the second edition of RU Snake Draft! In this thread, you can signup to manage one of the following last years teams:

Team A: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens, previously managed by col49
Team B: The Solid Steelixes, previously managed by Yay

Team C: The S-Rank Vileplumes, previously managed by tko
Team D: The Very Scary Braviarys, previously managed by Expulso
Team E: The Dreamless Drampas, previously managed by EviGaro
Team F: Sandacondas don’t want none unless you got buns hun’s, previously managed by atomicllamas
Team G: The Mighty Mudsdales, previously managed by Ajna
Team H: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks, previously managed by MrAldo

Once you manage a team, you are allowed to rebrand it or keep the same name. Manager signups format is the following for returning managers:
Manager name:
Team name:
Returning manager:
Previous team:

Example:

Manager name: Yay
Team name: The Solid Steelixes
Returning manager: Yes
Previous team: B
While heres the format for new managers:
Manager name:
Team name:
Team preference 1:
Team preference 2:

Example:

Manager name: Lunala
Team name: The Zygarde-10% No Banners
Team preference 1: E
Team preference 2: H

Managers will be chosen based on experience in RU tournaments, involvement in the community, competence, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up as a new manager, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities. No shitposts masquerading as sign-up posts, so no "in" posts, please.

Signups will stay open until Monday 8th.

On another note, this thread will also be used to receive feedback for the possible format of the tour, possible ideas are:

4 SS / 2 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW (last year format)
4 SS / 1 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 BO3 (rupl format)
3 SS / 2 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 BO3 ( i love sm please vote this one)

Include in your signup post what format you would like for this tour, and even if you dont signup as a manager feel free to share feedback for this years edition.

Last but not least, we are looking for hosts! If you are interested pm me on Discord Luna#6181 !

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm agreeing with atomicllamas and think the format should be RUPL format and focus on SS RU development is key

Manager name: Oathkeeper
Team name: Opelucid Obstagoons
Team preference 1: Any
Team preference 2: Any

Edit: team name change lol

Last edited:
Here are the managers for this second edition of RU Snake 2! Congrats to Lunala , Feliburn , EviGaro , Mac3 , gorex , Expulso , Oathkeeper , and sensei axew !

Regarding the format of the tour, during a long discussion it was clear that people didnt want the normal 7 weeks format, and prefered something shorter. So we decided to to divide the teams in 2 divisions, Division Sword and Division Shield. 4 teams will be randomized in each division and they'll play everyone in that division in 3 weeks. After that, the 3 teams with the better score get to playoffs, with the first seed getting a week off while 2 seed from division Shield and 3 seed from division Sword play each other. Winner of 2 and 3 then play 1 seed from the original division 3 was from, and winner of 2/3 and 1 play winner of 2/3 and 1 from the other division, declaring a winner.

Sorry if explanation is bad or confusing, english isnt my first language and im trying my best :blobpensive:. Regardless, if you got any question you can ask in the RU discord and someone will be able to help! Almost forgot, since people clearly value this tour as less serious and more fun than RUPL, we decided to discard Bo3 and include National Dex RU! So the tiers are:

4 SS / 1 SM / 1 ORAS / 1 BW / 1 NDRU

Players signups will go up later today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)