Resource RU Old Gens Hub

Mavis

Banned deucer.
Aye, thanks for the mention Aldo. Was fun working on stuff for XY :)

edit bc double posting is gay: holy mother of god Moltres is busted in XY, you need like three thousand assault vests to survive the brutal assault brought on by stabs and two of hp grass/uturn/roost. only reliable switchin seems to be mola, who gets gutted by a well placed hurricane and slowking, who hates hurricane as well.

ban broken fire birb lol

Last edited:

Oldamar999

Tien Time
Aye, thanks for the mention Aldo. Was fun working on stuff for XY :)

edit bc double posting is gay: holy mother of god Moltres is busted in XY, you need like three thousand assault vests to survive the brutal assault brought on by stabs and two of hp grass/uturn/roost. only reliable switchin seems to be mola, who gets gutted by a well placed hurricane and slowking, who hates hurricane as well.

ban broken fire birb lol
oh if only they could actually test Moltres. cuz XY is locked :psycry:

I feel like Moltres is super overwhelming though. I do not see a single pokemon in the tier that can consistently check Molt, all the rocks in the tier either instantly fall to HP Grass like Rhyperior and Kabutops or are Specially frail like Tyrantrum (who is 2HKOd by Hurricane btw). The Water types aren't really much better as they also tend to crumble to HP grass or they take quite a bit from hurricane. I have only played 2 games of XY atm but from what it looks moltres does not look very healthy.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
oh if only they could actually test Moltres. cuz XY is locked :psycry:

I feel like Moltres is super overwhelming though. I do not see a single pokemon in the tier that can consistently check Molt, all the rocks in the tier either instantly fall to HP Grass like Rhyperior and Kabutops or are Specially frail like Tyrantrum (who is 2HKOd by Hurricane btw). The Water types aren't really much better as they also tend to crumble to HP grass or they take quite a bit from hurricane. I have only played 2 games of XY atm but from what it looks moltres does not look very healthy.
AV Slowking checks it very well, actually. Tagging SBPC who made a team that handles Moltres well.

Let's kick this off.

Scrafty is great, man. One of the if not, most underrated sweepers present in the tier. While it may not have the most impressive Attack or Speed stat, Scrafty more than makes up for it due to its pretty decent bulk and access to Dragon Dance. The presence of bulky, rather passive Pokemon such as Alomomola and Registeel give Scrafty plenty of chances to start boosting. Thanks to Shed Skin, Scrafty shrugs off Toxic and Scald burns like nothing, letting it boost to +6 on your ass (don't get me wrong: Intimidate and Moxie are great abilities, but they dont stop Alomomola from fucking you over). You're probably thinking "boohoo, its great STAB moves in Drain Punch, Knock Off, and High Jump Kick are resisted by Fairy types!", but luckily Scrafty has Iron Head, which can OHKO Diancie after a boost and has a high Flinch chance to let it cheese through the other fairies like Granbull (who loses its only form of recovery if it's hit by Knock Off) and Aromatisse. It also has the tools to bypass most of its checks with ease. Wanna be able to set up on Virizion / avoid being revenge killed by Choice Scarf Emboar / Choice Band Sawk? Chople Berry. Need some extra longevity and Drain Punch just wont cut it? Rest. Wanna chunk those pesky Venusaur and Golbat? Zen Headbutt (believe me, it works). There's plenty of other neat techs you could try, so give this mon a shot if you ever wanna build an ORAS team. Also Jesus Christ, guys. This guy is the literal Trifecta Slayer, 6-0's that team so hard. Why aren't y'all using Scrafty more?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ru-363816
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-408301745
some replays of Scrafty putting in work
I miss you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)