BDSP RU - I Hate Everything About You

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Good morning,
I played a bit of BDSP RU when it first came out and build some teams. I only kept one of them, made reqs with it for the Exploud suspect test, and went up to round 4 of BDSP RU Open only using it. I thought that it would be nice to share it, so beginners like ironwater can start to win games, and because there are not much resources on this format.

Teambuilding process
:sableye::chansey:
For most people, the ladder is about getting quickly short games to test teams. However, for some nasty people like me, fun on ladder comes with finding the most unbreakable core of six Pokemon in a given obscure tier. The Sableye + Chansey core is a great starting point for every stall team. They cover most physical and special attackers, respectively, even some of the most threatening ones like Gallade and Exploud. They all share a great defensive synergy and Chansey brings a lot of utility between Aromatherapy, Natural Cure, and Stealth Rock.

:sableye::chansey::mantine:
More than the lack of Eviolite, Chansey struggles from not having Toxic. This means that a lot of special attacker it usually sit on can take advantage of it, like Moltres and Slowking. Mantine covers well these threats with its massive special bulk and access to Haze and STAB Scald. It also provides the team hazard removal.

:sableye::chansey::mantine::gastrodon:
The team was getting abused by Volt Switch users like Rotom and Manectric. Sticky Hold Gastrodon seemed like the best pick to round up this specially defensive core, as it could hard wall these Electric-types from racking chip damage and also acts as a bulky wincondition with Curse, making the team far less passive and reliant on passive damage.

:sableye::chansey::mantine::gastrodon::mawile:
The special core is already covering important roles, so nicher options that don't bring much utility are available to make up for Sableye weaknesses. Mawile is necessary as it is only reliable answer to Absol in the long run and this Pokemon can just freely setup on Sableye and start obliterate the rest of the team after a Swords Dance. Mawile also helps with Swellow, Cacturne, and Zangoose, while its Intimidate can sometimes clutch some tough games.

:sableye::chansey::mantine::gastrodon::mawile::weezing:
The team struggled with really powerful attackers that could muscle through Sableye's and Mawile's mediocre stats, like Rhyperior and Torterra, Weezing was added to take care of them, while also providing huge utility with Toxic Spikes.

The team

:ss/sableye::ss/chansey::ss/mantine::ss/gastrodon::ss/mawile::ss/weezing:
I usually give a short description of the move choices on my other RMT. However, the movepool are so shallow that I can't really say much on most of them. Sableye and Chansey are the most standard they could be and they don't even have much options to begin with. Mantine is Haze over Flying STAB move to deal with bulky setup like Slowking. Gastrodon is Curse to make the team more proactive and Scald isn't missed since there is another user of it as well as two Will-O-Wisp users. Mawile just needs Play Rough for Absol and Rest to recover its health. Weezing has enough Speed for Rhyperior and the rest of the set is straightforward.​

Threatlist
Due to the lack of viable defensive options, the team ends up having multiple shortcomings.

:nidoqueen::rhyperior::cacturne:
With only one Defog user and no Heavy-Duty Boots, the team is obviously struggling with hazard setters that Mantine doesn't counter. It's still playable though as you can play around your own hazards and Sableye's spinblocking capacities.

:xatu:
Xatu is annoying by completely blocking most of the teams progress. It can however be handled through Sludge Bomb poison from Weezing.

:rhyperior::aggron:
Offensive sets of those two are really tough to deal with as they deal massive damage to most of the team with their Rock-STAB moves.

:sableye:
You gotta PP stall this, because there is nothing that forces it out reliably in the team and it's going to make progress with Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp.

:venusaur::exeggutor::ludicolo:
SubSeed users are a pain to deal with as Mantine and Chansey can't break their Substitute and the other walls don't reliably handle them. Venusaur's Growth sets are also deadly and can almost automatically win versus the team, but there is not really any viable counterplay in stall against that.

Replays
Unfortunately, I didn't save many games, but I am still going to share the two best ones I have.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspru-1522235484-sgdunu0x6c205kklucgajyj7o3godqepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspuu-1524953195-kvt9iwnbe9qp3b45lc0jvb8tami39ympw

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Tuthur, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you l2p before posting a RMT. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase or at good teams like this one: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/broken-ag-team-reached-top-1-ladder-92-gxe.3699970/ to see the detail we require. PM me with a proof that you have l2p and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

Idk lol ask Staxi

Don't be as bad as Beka

Unlocked as I received proof user Tuthur has l2p.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)