Approved Room Owner Interview: Cranham

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i talked to Antemortem, he said i could do one of these if i submitted it with the format that shaymin suggested

Introduction
Welcome to the first ever edition of the Room Owner Interviews. For this edition, we will be meeting Cranham, one of the three room Owners of Wi-Fi, the largest and most popular non official room on PS! Keep in mind that not every room Owner is able to achieve the feat of being interviewed for The Player, so what makes Cranham so special? Well, for one, he also owns the private Breeding room - a subdivision of the Wi-Fi room dedicated for discussion regarding in-game breeding. He also manages the Scammers' List, a compilation of users that have been confirmed to scam other users during in-game trades, either by trading hacked pokemon, lying about IVs, or the like. Additionally, he is one of the staff members most involved in room policy, meaning that everything is kept in check, from rules to the prevention of hacked pokemon in circulation. Furthermore, he receives nothing but positive feedback from his room staff, as seen below.

So what do users really think of Cranham?
"I just think he's a very loyal person in general", stated room/global Driver, Skitty. "Thanks to him, I don't have to live in fear of hacked pokemon being traded to me without my noticing", said retired room Moderator, Hairy Toenail. "When he first got room Voice, I had no idea that he would ever become a room Owner, but I'm glad that he did", said long-time room Driver, joethemaster.

insert flavor and interview here

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd go into some more specifics about what exactly Cranham has done for WiFi, like how he's the forefront on hacked Pokemon and how he's a big voice policy wise (among other things, like the lists he manages). Some actual comments from users would be cool too (the funny ones are nice, but they should contain some information as well, which is the whole issue shaymin had with these interviews in the first place).

Shoot me a pm on PS/Skype if you need some more info on Cranham in wifi, since I get that you're not room staff.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
hmm. I like it so far.

as far as "flavor" is concerned, instead of using it in the interview, why not break up certain questions + answers with text that further describes what's explained? I'm trying to articulate this the best I can, bear with me. After he answers a question - "what's the most interesting part of your job as Room Owner?" for instance - and he answers, you could add supporting details of the room. idk this is just a thought that might help it not seem like a regular interview. If he doesn't write a couple of walls of text, you could write a sort of aside that isn't flavor but helps readers understand what he means.

We'll see how this turns out lol, I just don't want to see q/a/f, q/a/f like normal because this can be cool and innovative if we want it to be. gj so far xzern

ed: didn't see this was in subs, wait for shaymin's word on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)