Resource Role Compendium (02/01/2023 update, see post #25)

I think it might be worth it to add Bax to the list of mons with SD? I've seen it a few times altho idk how effective it rly is

Also maybe Ttar as a mixed breaker but idk

I have a few things. I've been seeing some players using Coalossal this month, as a Rapid Spinner with Stealth Rocks, or Spikes, that can switch into Staraptor's STABs and always beats Maushold, thanks to Flame Body. Personally, I'd wait for the metagame to develop a bit before adding it, but that's up to you. Defog has seen some usage on Quiver Dance Oricorio-Sensu, and Drifblim has seen some usage in tournament, although I'm not completely sold on it, it is something that could potentially be added. I do think that Noivern should be removed from the Defog users though. Defog Noivern is absolutely awful. It's a possible set, but not really something that should be recommended. Kilowattrel should definitely be added to Defog deterrents. Competitive Kilowattrel is amazing right now, and unlike Bisharp and Primeape, it doesn't have to fear the burn from Talonflame and Altaria. I'm not sure about Brute Bonnet, but isn't its main role to act as a wallbreaker that also has access to Spore? I'm not really sure what else Bonnet does, aside from having priority, and while I don't think it is doing a great job at wallbreaking, as i don't think it's a great mon in general, I do think that it should be added to the list of wallbreakers. Would it be fair to add Maushold to the list of wallbreakers? It 2HKOs Tinkaton, and even PhysDef Hippowdon with Population Bomb. You do have to hit a lot of times with Population Bomb, which is why I'm unsure about it, since it is quite luck based, but you could also say the same thing about any breaker that has to use Hurricane. Weavile should definitely not be listed as a wallbreaker. Even with a Choice Band, it is still incredibly weak, and even has trouble threatening some offensive Pokemon out (not even being able to OHKO Lokix is seriously pathetic). Even something like Krookodile would be better if you want to spam CB Dark STABs. Specs Kilowattrel is one of the best Wallbreakers on rain teams, Blissey and Tyranitar being the only safe counters. SpDef Gastro needs Leftovers to avoid the 2HKO, and even then, it still has to avoid the confusion from Hurricane. Would it make sense to add a section of Stallbreakers? Gengar, Grafaiai, Salazzle, and Wo-Chien can all fulfill that role, so there's a good amount of Pokemon you could add to that, if it makes sense to add that section. Scarf Indeedee-M is used quite a lot, and should be added to the list of Choice Scarf Pokemon. Scarf Haxorus is technically a possible set, but I feel like if that's listed, then Baxcalibur should also be included. So either add Scarf Baxcalibur to the list, or remove Haxorus, because they're both about equally as good/bad. Iron Jugulis has a decent Speed Tier for a Choice Scarf Pokemon, as it's able to outspeed every Speed boosting Pokemon (besides Unburden Hawlucha), as well as outspeeding every Scarfer outside of Gengar, so it can work well as a Revengekiller. Salamence should be added as a Choice Scarfer, as long as Haxorus is on that list. Choice Scarf Tauros-Paldea-Water has been used on rain teams sometimes, I do think that it is awful though. Still possibly something that could be added. Primeape is already on the list as a Defog Deterrent, so it should be added to the list of Bulk Up users. Seeing Slither Wing there makes me sad. Bulk Up is possibly the worst set on Slither Wing (tied with Scarf). It is complete dead weight against rain teams, and even against weatherless teams, it really doesn't sweep that much. What makes Slither Wing so good is the access to a strong priority, U-Turn, and CC, and with the Bulk Up set, it loses 2 of those things. Even Gogoat is a better Bulk Up user. Talonflame could be added to the list of Bulk Up users, but Swords Dance is better, which is where it should be added for sure. Tatsugiri is listed as a Rapid Spinner, and the Rapid Spin set always uses Nasty Plot, so it should be added to the list of Nasty Plot users. Mirror Herb Grafaiai is a set that is used sometimes, it could be added as an Unburden user. Choice Band Haxorus uses a decently strong First Impression, I think it's good enough to be listed, better than Scarf Haxorus for sure. Abomasnow should always use max attack Ice Shard on HO teams where it uses Aurora Veil. The priority is much needed on those teams, and is much more valuable than anything else Abomasnow could offer, aside from Veil of course. Is defensive Rotom-Heat defensive enough to be listed as one of the defensive Pivots? There is quite a difference between offensive and defensive Rotom-H, so I think that is worth pointing out, but I understand if it doesn't get added. Forretress should be removed from the list of rain abusers. It does take less from Fire attacks in rain, true. But it still dies to Armarouge, and Rotom-Heat. Flare Blitz from CB Slither Wing still does 70-83%, so it is for sure not switching into any Fire attacks. If anything, taking more damage from Water attacks is a bigger deal than barely living non-STAB Fire moves.

I wrote quite a lot, so I highlighted my suggestions to make it easier to skim through.

Forretress should be removed from the list of rain abusers.[...] it is for sure not switching into any Fire attacks.
I'm assuming it's there because every rain team's going to have good switch-ins to it's only weakness. Trying to help Forretress survive fire attacks when you have a Pelipper right there is backwards.

I'm assuming it's there because every rain team's going to have good switch-ins to it's only weakness. Trying to help Forretress survive fire attacks when you have a Pelipper right there is backwards.
Even then, that's not an abuser, that's just a good fit. Donphan and Tsareena are even better fits on rain teams, and those aren't mentioned, since it doesn't make much sense to include good fits as abusers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)