SS PU Rock Polish Rollout Regirock

Rollout is quite an interesting move, starting out as a low 30 BP move, but once it is used repetitively; it can reach up to 480 BP. However, with its 90% accuracy, it tends to be unreliable. I wanted to make a team revolving on a mon who learns Rollout, and I decided Regirock would be the perfect pick, due to two set up moves vital for making this strategy work, great defensive stats, an acceptable attack stat, and STAB Rollout.

Regirock @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Defense Curl
- Rollout
- Body Press

The star of the team, Regirock serves as the team's late game sweeper, wielding a Double Dance set, letting it outspeed the entire unboosted metagame, and raising its defense for Body Press including the special effect of Defense Curl doubling the power of Rollout. This is why Defense Curl is ran over Iron Defense, due to it not only making Body Press stronger, but making Rollout Stronger too. With Defense Curl, Rollout starts out at 60 BP, but has a chance to reach a whopping 960 BP. Body Press is great coverage to assist with Rollout, nailing Steel types and doing neutral damage to most Fighting and Ground types that Rollout resists. It is best to chip mons who are not affected much by Rollout, as Rollout locks you into the move, forcing you to click Rollout until all 5 turns end or if it misses. The item that best fits this is the Lum Berry, as if it gets burned, paralyzed, or poisoned; it can cure these effects and allow Regirock to set up and sweep without fear. The speed EVs are to outspeed Accelgor, allowing Regirock to click Rollout without worrying about mons outspeeding Regirock. 252 Attack EVs are to maximize Rollout's damage potential, while the rest of the EVs are put into defense for extra Bulk and Body Press damage.

With Regirock out of the way, I wanted to have a mon who can switch into its weaknesses if Regirock ever needs to switch into anything defensively in a pinch. With Regirock being weak to Fighting, Steel, Ground, Water, and Grass; Eldegoss seemed to be a good pick, resisting the latter three types.

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Grass Knot
- Pollen Puff
- Rapid Spin

Eldegoss acts as the spinner of the team, getting rid of hazards such as Toxic Spikes that Regirock and others do not want to switch into. A more offensive set is used rather than a defensive set to pressure opposing Eldegoss and mons such as Ferroseed, two mons that can threaten Regirock. Grass Knot is used over Leaf Storm for consistant damage on heavy mons, as Leaf Storm is a one time nuke before its Special Attack is lowered. Pollen Puff is to threaten Grass types as mentioned above. Sleep Powder is used over Aromatherapy or Synthesis to catch mons who threatens out Eldegoss on the switch such as Charizard or Doublade, which then Eldegoss puts them to sleep; which can help Regirock set up if not woken up.

Fighting types are not covered with our current line up so far, and with the team being sluggish right now, Galarian Articuno seemed like a great pick.

Articuno-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Recover
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Galarian Articuno acts as an offensive fast pivot who can throw off Future Sights and Hurricanes that can pressure the opponent's mons. With Future Sight and U-Turn, it can switch in and out into another mon in this team such as Eldegoss, who can Rapid Spin without worry of being spin blocked by a mon such as Rotom. Recover is used for longevity, and Hurricane is used for a high BP move that can apply immediate damage rather than Future Sight.

Eldegoss and Galarian Articuno both share an Ice weakness, which is a type Regirock is neutral to, so I needed a mon who can resist said type. Poliwrath was the perfect pick, boasting a great defensive typing.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Circle Throw

Poliwrath is the team's Aggron and Sneasel check, while serving as a fantasic partner with Galarian Articuno. Poliwrath checks the Ice, Dark, and Rock types Galarian Articuno is weak to, while Galarian Articuno checks the Grass and Psychic moves Poliwrath is weak to. Furthermore, Future Sight and Circle Throw is a deadly combo, with Circle Throw chipping Dark and Steel types that Future Sight is weak to while shuffing the opponent's mons that might send out a mon such as Weezing where Future Sight would do massive damage to. The speed is to outspeed Centiskorch and Sandaconda, which can phaze them out if they are trying to set up. Scald is a solid Water STAB that does not get affected by Iron Barbs or Rocky Helmet, and can spread burns.

Up to this point, I decided that I needed a Stealth Rocker and a Ghost resist, and someone who could serve as a special defensive wall. Miltank was a great pick.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss

Miltank is the team's Ghost resist and Trevenant/Gourgeist check, while functioning as the Rocker for the team. With Poliwrath being physically defensive, Miltank is great as a specially defensive wall. Sap Sipper is to stop Trevent/Gourgeist previously talked about, but can also block Eldegoss's Sleep Powders, Leech Seed, and Leaf Storms; allowing Miltank to 1v1 Eldegoss; keeping rocks up. Toxic is used over Thunder Wave to accomplish this, while also chipping down mons such as Quagsire and Claydol who threaten Regirock. Seismic Toss is used for constant damage on mons such as Comfey and Ferroseed.

All the team needed was a form of speed control and a spin blocker, so Rotom was a great pick.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

With a Choice Scarf, Rotom outspeed a lot of the metagame, throwing off powerful attacks and pivoting out with Volt Switch. Trick is to cripple defensive mons that are unfavorable to this team, such as Wiggilytuff, Quagsire, or Lanturn. Trick also stops set up sweepers such as Comfey or Scrafty from setting up. Rotom is frail so spare its HP wisely for chances to Trick and to revenge kill.

With that, the team is complete. However, with every team comes problems, and needs to be addressed.

PROBLEMS

With no Fairy Resist, Comfey can set up on a passive mon such as Poliwrath and annoy the team with boosted Draining Kisses, The main solution for this can potentially be Miltank, where it can Toxic and Seismic Toss, winning the 1v1 against non Aromatherapy Comfeys. Otherwise, the best solution would be to trick Comfey with Rotom to cripple it.

Poliwrath serves as an Ice check, but Glaceon ignores this with Freeze-Dry. With this, no one on this team resists Ice, and leaves Miltank to check the weaker Freeze-Dry from Glaceon. Thick Fat can solve this making Miltank a solid Charizard and Glaceon switch in, but leaves the Trevenant/Gourgeist match up worse.

Defensive Sandslash is one thing, but Offensive Sandslash is a mon who gives this team massive trouble with its coverage. With Earthquake, Leech Life, and Knock Off; it can sweep through this team if not poisoned before.

Electric types can overwhelm this team with Volt Switch, making the team lose a lot of momentum. Even if there is two electric resists in Eldegoss and Rotom, it does not stop Electric types by switching out of them and getting chip damage.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to send feedback or changes, as it is highly appreciated to make this team better. Here is the paste if any one of you would like to try this.
https://pokepast.es/cdd8a7cea650b224

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hello,

So this is a great team in PU. It really is well built but there are some threats and issues that I would like to address to alleviate some of the problems.

So Comfey is a huge threat to this team especially this set:

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute
- Leech Seed / Aromatherapy

Substitute stops you from status if Miltank comes out to Seismic Toss and break sub this variant could also have Aromatherapy in case you do toxic successfully on a prediction if it CMs enough it will be taking a good chunk of damage (It will cure itself and wait for you to miss Toxic) (I've ran both sets and seen it on the ladder).

So each one of your Pokémon has a purpose so it's hard to suggest a change, but I suggest Rotom to be changed (Regirock is a Agility Sweeper [Star of the show], Eldegross is a rapid spinner (Regenerator) that works well with Articuno Galar in terms of pivoting and setting up Future Sights, Poliwrath is your bulky water that covers some physical checks, Miltank is your Stealth Rock setter, Rotom is just a speed check (that provides rapid spinning blocking, but doesn't stop defoggers).

The suggestion I am making will also be a Scarf variant (So it will help with speed checking). I think Togedemaru is a great replacement because it will provide resistence to Comfey's Draining Kiss and it will also outspeed Comfey and use Iron Head to continuously break the sub where it can't leech stall. I also think with it's ability Lightning Rod it allows you to be immune to electric moves and so your team isn't prone to constant volt switching. It will also resist ice moves from Glaceon and hit it back with Iron Head, which it will not want to stay in for.

1667822734385.png

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic / Encore

I would also say if speed is not a priority for you to consider the Bulky wish set.

My last suggestion which is your own preference but I think a Pokémon with a cleric move would help this team dramatically not be scared of getting statuses, with either Eldegoss having Aromatherapy instead of Pollen Puff / Sleep Powder or getting rid of Miltank's Toxic and going with Heal Bell instead.

Aside from that, well built team and sorry I couldn't get to this rate sooner (Since it was posted over 2 weeks ago).

Last edited:
Hello,

So this is a great team in PU. It really is well built but there are some threats and issues that I would like to address to alleviate some of the problems.

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Substitute stops you from status if Miltank comes out to Seismic Toss and break the sub it can either get leech seeded (This point it will be a drain-fest and you will have to Milk Drink and it sets up a free Calm Mind and continues). Or this variant could also have Aromatherapy in case you do toxic successfully on a prediction (It will cure itself and wait for you to miss Toxic) (I've ran both and seen it on the ladder).

So each one of your Pokémon has a purpose so it's hard to suggest a change, but I suggest Rotom to be changed (Regirock is a Agility Sweeper [Star of the show], Eldegross is a rapid spinner (Regenerator) that works well with Articuno Galar in terms of pivoting and setting up Future Sights, Poliwrath is your bulky water that covers some physical checks, Miltank is your Stealth Rock setter, Rotom is just a speed check (that provides rapid spinning blocking, but doesn't stop defoggers).

The suggestion I am making will also be a Scarf variant (So it will help with speed checking). I think Togedemaru is a great replacement because it will provide resistence to Comfey's Draining Kiss and it will also outspeed Comfey and use Iron Head to continuously break the sub where it can't leech stall. I also think with it's ability Lightning Rod it allows you to be immune to electric moves and so your team isn't prone to constant volt switching. It will also resist ice moves from Glaceon and hit it back with Iron Head, which it will not want to stay in for.

View attachment 462993
Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic / Encore

I would also say if speed is not a priority for you to consider the Bulky wish set.

My last suggestion which is your own preference but I think a Pokémon with a cleric move would help this team dramatically not be scared of getting statuses, with either Eldegoss having Aromatherapy instead of Pollen Puff / Sleep Powder or getting rid of Miltank's Toxic and going with Heal Bell instead.

Aside from that, well built team and sorry I couldn't get to this rate sooner (Since it was posted over 2 weeks ago).
Thank you for the feedback! No worries that it has been more than 2 weeks, I still appreciate the comments and changes made on this team!

Hello,

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Substitute

Substitute stops you from status if Miltank comes out to Seismic Toss and break the sub it can either get leech seeded (This point it will be a drain-fest and you will have to Milk Drink and it sets up a free Calm Mind and continues). Or this variant could also have Aromatherapy in case you do toxic successfully on a prediction (It will cure itself and wait for you to miss Toxic) (I've ran both and seen it on the ladder).
I don't know anything about PU but Miltank can't get seeded due to Sap Sipper. so I think Miltank beats it

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I don't know anything about PU but Miltank can't get seeded due to Sap Sipper. so I think Miltank beats it
This is a good point I misread and thought Miltank had thick fat. Thank you for the correction, I do think regardless with a aromatherapy variant it would be still difficult because you would just have to predict when to toxic and Comfey would passively gaining HP from Draining Kiss. S-Toss would 4HKO, but draining kiss would change that depending on how much CM is setup it can drain a decent amount of HP.

Let’s say Comfey switches in on something that isn’t too fond (not Miltank), subs and Calm Minds on the SToss sub break and decides to CM again draining kiss will approx be draining (plus 2) 20.5 - 24.1% HP recovered, so it won’t be a guarantee 1 v 1 depending how often toxic hits or if the user subs on a toxic instead of a SToss, remember it also has aromatherapy so it wouldn’t be a clear win (depends on the plays). The reason I brought up Miltank in the first place as dunderguy said Miltank is the best answer but Comfey is still a threat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)