SV UU Roadrunner's Rampage (Zapdos-Galar FuturePort Team)

:zapdos-galar: Roadrunner's Rampage :zapdos-galar:
An SV UU RMT​
Hello, this is my first time ever posting a RMT so I am gonna describe my vision for this team and then lay out the sets I have currently set up. I started trying out UU after some of the more recent tier shifts and found myself frequently using one of my favorite gen 8 mons, Zapdos-G :zapdos-galar:. It possesses an powerful dual stab combo with good stats and a strong movepool, especially with its newfound Knock Off from the dlc. In my initial experience trying it out on the ladder I found myself stonewalled by another newer pokemon to the tier, Weezing-Galar :weezing-galar:. This gave me the idea to try to replicate a strategy that was very potent back in the gen 8 OU with the use of Future Sight + [slow pivot move]. Naturally, this idea led to me to Slowking :slowking: as my FuturePort mon of choice. This created a basic synergy of either setting up a future sight and using chilly reception to pivot out or just chilly reception alone to pivot Zapdos into play. I filled out the rest of the team with mons that I felt added key components to the team. I started by adding Sandy Shocks :sandy-shocks:, this mon added another solid speed tier with volt switch and more importantly stealth rocks. I then added my former ladder nemesis, Weezing Galar :weezing-galar:. This gave me hazard control through defog, burn through wisp and a nice defensive profile. After that, I added a SpDef Heatran :heatran: to shore up my weakness to special attackers. Lastly, the team felt like it needed some more speed and maybe another pivot so I added a Scarf Meowscarada :Meowscarada:.

Specific Sets:

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn

:Zapdos-galar: This mon is the main breaker for the team through the use of choice band tera fighting Close Combats. I opted for band over the more typical scarf because I feel that with future sight support it can break so easily with 1.5x attack boost. Tera fighting seems like the best choice for this set as it allows it break through even things like bulky options such as Okidogi ( 252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fighting Zapdos-Galar Close Combat vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Okidogi: 170-200 (46 - 54.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock). Close Combat and Brave Bird are easy choices for its moveset along with Knock Off which allows for progress on switch-ins when you do not want to burn your tera to obliterate them with Tera CCs. U-Turn completes the moveset to allow Zapdos to pivot out of unfavorable matchups and to keep up momentum.

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Chilly Reception

:slowking: This mons acts as the main defensive backbone for the team as well as being the enabler for the FuturePort strategy for Zapdos-G. Clicking future sight and then using Chilly reception is the general flowchart for this mon but sometimes thing such as Hoopa-Unbound :hoopa-unbound: will hard switch in so you need to Chilly or just switch out. The addition of Scald in the DLC helps it further cripple physcal switch-ins and make progress even when not use Chilly or setting Future Sights. Slack Off and Regen improve its overall longevity. I gave it a PhysDef spread as it allows it serve as an initial switch-in for major threats such as Quaquaval :Quaquaval: or Mamoswine :Mamoswine: and then pivot out into a major favorable matchup. Tera fairy allows it to resist dark moves such as Knock Off from Crawdaunt :Crawdaunt: or the aforementioned Quaquaval.

Sandy Shocks @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Stealth Rock

:sandy-shocks: This mon creates a potent VoltTurn core with Zapdos-G which allows you trap opponents in a deadly game-ending vortex of nonstop pivoting and deadly attacking. Earth Power gives a strong stab option and Stealth Rock allows you to generate progress and force chip damage on things that you want to pivot out on when they switch in. Tera Blast with Tera Ice allows Sandy Shocks to gain the dangerous BoltBeam coverage and flip matchups it would easily lose into game-changing KOs.

Weezing-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

:Weezing-Galar: At this point, I felt the team lacked hazard control and a dark resist. Weezing-Galar felt like the obvious choice. Strange Steam allows it to rack up chip damage or get a clutch confusion to RNG your way out of a tense late game situation. Defog gives it hazard control. Wisp allows it destroy physical attackers or get gradual damage on special attackers coming in to take the Wisp. Pain Split gives this mon recovery which is something it needs as I gave it HDB to avoid the pesky chip from stealth rocks. I originally had Taunt on this set to stop setup but Pain Split made it a far more reliable wall. Tera Steel allows it to resist steel attacks and become a levitating steel type which is always nice to have.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Protect

:Heatran: Heatran gives me a special wall to complement the physical backbone of this team. Magma Storm gives it a powerful attack which can trap foes allowing you to taunt to block their recovery and finish them off. Taunt can also deny hazards or other status moves flung at this Heatran. Earth power allows it beat other Heatran that are slower or other Ground-weak mons. For the last move, I chose protect as it allows it get consistent leftovers recovery and scout for the choice moves. I already had rocks on the team with Sandy Shocks so I felt protect gave Heatran a nice matchup into other things. One scary matchup for this team that Heatran helps with is CM Stored Power Cresselia :Cresselia:. Now with this Heatran set, I can taunt it to stop CM and Moonlight and gradually weaken it down swap into something to finish it off.

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

:Meowscarada: This mon adds yet another pivot to this pivot-oriented team. The Choice Scarf gives it speed control this team sorely lacks as banded Zapdos-G does not quite reach the speed tiers you want it to, even in UU. Tera Grass turns your Flower Tricks into even stronger Critical Hit nukes. Knock gives you a potent STAB option with forces progress and U-turn allows you to pivot and easily revenge Hoopa-Unbound :Hoopa-Unbound:, a mon that gives the defensive core of this team nightmares. Play Rough with Protean allows you to outspeed and kill mons such as Hydreigon :hydreigon: or fighting types like other Zapdos-Gs (Zapdos-Galar). Overall, this mon completes the pivot core of this team to complement the strong defensive structure in place.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/e059b7577233b711

Thanks for reading this! This is my first ever RMT and I am happy to try to get into this fun tier of UU!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)