Gen 1 RoA Spotlight Tournament: RBY UU [Won by juoean]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can’t you just sub in the 2 people who wanted to play since 0-1 means you’re effectively out of contention for finals anyway? Might as well have more matches and you can just substitute in the names for players who dropped

Can’t you just sub in the 2 people who wanted to play since 0-1 means you’re effectively out of contention for finals anyway? Might as well have more matches and you can just substitute in the names for players who dropped
I could theoretically do this with the names but the bigger issue is that since it's swiss, the pairings and results will start getting messed up, as players must have had to play the same amount of games as everyone else, and the bracketmaker that I am using does not allow for this very nicely...

(I tried this with a prior spotlight and it backfired on me miserably and I had to do the entire spotlight's scoring by hand for the entire month)

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I could theoretically do this with the names but the bigger issue is that since it's swiss, the pairings and results will start getting messed up, as players must have had to play the same amount of games as everyone else, and the bracketmaker that I am using does not allow for this very nicely...

(I tried this with a prior spotlight and it backfired on me miserably and I had to do the entire spotlight's scoring by hand for the entire month)
i was thinking you just use the old players names but sub in the new players in the post, idk if that’s a pain since I haven’t run a Swiss with bracketmaker yet

i was thinking you just use the old players names but sub in the new players in the post, idk if that’s a pain since I haven’t run a Swiss with bracketmaker yet
you could, but that would make me have to split from using the bracketmaker to an extent. on top of that, since it’s Swiss, the players would have a 0-1 record to begin, which is not a good thing to do for a tournament.

For example, what if a player won and then dropped out, while another player lost and dropped out? I’d have to start one player at 1-0 and another at 0-1, so this doesn’t make sense for any other situation.

chub

I COULD BE BANNED!
RBTT Champion
made my case in dm. plz drop me from tour if i dont get act win. thank you

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
For example, what if a player won and then dropped out, while another player lost and dropped out? I’d have to start one player at 1-0 and another at 0-1, so this doesn’t make sense for any other situation.
but they didnt win and drop out, and i would rather play in tourney starting from 0-1 than not play but w/e

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Calling Activity, again. We scheduled for 3pm today (see my opponent's wall) and they never showed up. I waited 30 minutes. I have not heard anything from them since 10:11am today. Lumii let me know if you need any more proof.

edit: Also, I am not able to reschedule for this weekend for what should be obvious reasons.

(opp gave win, proof on my wall)

if any of the like 8-10 ppl who didnt get to play this week want to play a set w me sometime this weekend, can do that

Homalomer missed time, Volk gets activity win.

chub dropped out before ice yazu did, so ice yazu gets the activity win.

Next round will be up shortly with hopefully less byes.

Last edited:
Sadly can't do anything about the two byes in a row for Shellnuts because of how Swiss Bracketmaker is functioning with drops...
Is there absolutely no way to propose counting Shellnuts and another 2-0 player by hand due to this? You could take a mental note and treat Shellnuts from now on as another 2-0 player.

Last edited:

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
"i will treat the bracketmaker as the holy gospel and anything that it does not let me do is not happening here"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)