Gen 8 RMT - Regieleki Abuse

Hello! This is my first RMT, so pardon me if I'm not doing things right. In fact, I'm new to Smogon (I created the account a while ago, but didn't actually log in until now). Let's get started!

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is a reliable SR setter with Mold Breaker. Stealth Rocks breaks Sashes for Regieleki and adds chip to resists. Excadrill also has Earthquake and Iron Head to counter other Steels and Hatterene, and has access to Rapid Spin for hazard control. Rapid Spin also gives a speed boost, making Excadrill potentially dangerous.

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Grass Knot

Tapu Koko is major support for Regieleki. Terrain Extender lets Electric Terrain last longer, something very important for Regieleki. In addition to this, Koko can pivot safely into Eleki with Volt Switch and U-Turn. Defog is present for hazard control, while Grass Knot is used to kill Ground types. Physically Defensive to tank Kartana.

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rising Voltage
- Electro Ball
- Ancient Power
- Thunderbolt

The main star of the team, Regieleki possesses enormous speed and firepower, but lacks coverage. Rising Voltage in Electric Terrain OHKOes all weaknesses, most neutrals, and can even 2HKO Ferrothorn. Electro Ball is useful against TR teams, who take massive damage from it. Ancient Power is a niche move that is almost never used, but can work against the occasional 4x weak Pokemon. Thunderbolt is used as a consistent alternative to both RV and Electro Ball in the case that neither are ideal. Regieleki cannot sweep until all Ground types are cleared.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Bisharp provides strong priority that punishes Defog, heavily threatens Dragapult, scares off Landorus-T, and provides more options against TR. Bisharp is often used to clear certain ground-type threats with Swords Dance and strong Dark-type moves.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge

Hawlucha is a secondary sweeper that absolutely punishes Landorus-T. Taking advantage of the Defense boost, Hawlucha SD's in the face of Ground-types and destroys everything with its STABs and Stone Edge (to cover for things like Zapdos). Hawlucha's Unburden also makes it invaluable against certain weather teams and the rare Speed Boost.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill functions as both an early-game sweeper and late-game cleaner, potentially crippling teams from turn 1. Azumarill's combination of Aqua Jet, Belly Drum, and Huge Power make it immensely threatening against Ground-types, TR teams, and everything else.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5d0da555b31e8eeb

Swapped Excadrill for Landorus-T - I think the latter is just a superior choice if you want a Ground-type suicide lead as its typing gives you a good Ground immunity, and this Custap Berry set can potentially get incredible value in the right matchup by removing a Pokemon with Earthquake/Explosion after setting up Stealth Rock.

While Tapu Koko can strengthen Regieleki's Electric-type attacks, I think Rillaboom is an even better terrain setter for the speedy Regi. Grassy Terrain weakens Earthquake from the Ground-types that wall Regieleki forever, and Rillaboom can threaten out those Pokemon with its strong Grassy Glide.

I like the idea of Choice Specs Regieleki being free to spam Electric-type attacks after opposing Ground-types have been removed, but I think that a fast utility set serves this team better. Rapid Spin removes hazards while Explosion can chunk something in a pinch if Thunderbolt or Volt Switch does not suffice.

Not a lot of changes to the rest of the team - Azumarill runs Superpower here to hit Ferrothorn since the team does not lack Knock Off support, Bisharp swaps Life Orb for Black Glasses since it already faints quickly enough, and Hawlucha now runs a bulky Grassy Seed set that takes advantage of passive switch-ins to set up on them after using Taunt. I hope these changes can improve your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)