Entei @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Spd / 124 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

I just love him, and he can take on blissey 1 on 1 :)

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 Def / 236 Spd / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

He can do quite a bit of damage , and can handle swamperts quite well

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 140 Def / 56 Spd / 56 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

wall..

Please make some suggestions for this team, because i like to improve this team :):)

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 2 HP / 252 Atk / 1 Def / 252 Spd / 1 SAtk / 2 SDef
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

good opener
Wtf? 2 HP / 1 Def / 1 SAtk / 2 SDef? Those EVs dont help at all.

6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Not to mention other wierd little things that I will wait for others to comment on.

Your team has nothing that can take on Heracross. You need to change Blissey's EVs as with your spread you won't be able to take on any physical attacks. Put 252 EVs in defense as Blissey's HP is more than enough. You can put the leftover EVs in HP, if you want to.

Your team gets worn out by Salamence as your Swampert has no way of recovering damage other than Leftovers. In fact, other than Blissey, none of your pokemon can recover damage. Though rather rare, Dodrio can sweep your team very easily as you lack a Flying resist. Spikes hurt you quite badly as well. Your team can't take on the standard OU teams in the modern metagame, where everything tries to stall you out. CalmCune would sweep you really easily as well. Your team is sort of Swampert weak as well. Nothing can exactly switch into it safely.

If you are not running Aromatherapy on Blissey, might as well go with Wish. It would help your team recover HP, which none of your pokemon can (other than Bliss). Just because Entei can TAKE on Blissey one on one, doesn't mean it beats it. Blissey outstalls it, due to entei having no means of recovery. If your entei is meant to beat Blissey, you would want rest.

Swampert will need at least 236 Satk to OHKO a Salamence with 4 HP EVs/0 SDef EVs 100% of the time. However, if mence is switching into another attack at some point anyway, 226 could work.

Gengar does NOT need that much attack, ever. Also, Sludge Bomb is not really that good; Ice Punch would be better since it is running off of Gengar's far superior SpA stat. If you want a speedy Gengar, run this:

EVs: 52 HP / 56 Atk / 192 Spd / 208 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

Or if you want the same speed that you already have (301), you can always put that in HP or Attack (these EVs give 334 speed, 180 Atk, and 348 SAtk).

I don't see why you aren't working with Entei's best attacking stat, but that set does work... I don't know about those EVs, but I haven't used the CM Entei in a while. 404 HP is definitely a must though. (this means listen to Pillowrath on this one!)

With Heracross, you will want to lower its HP IV to 30 so that you can activate Salac Berry after using 3 Substitutes, with HP to spare. Put the Def/SDef EVs into Attack and Speed.

Blissey should NEVER have any Speed EVs EVER.

Use this:
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

212 HP EVs gives you maximum leftovers recovery. Maximum defense is extremely useful in OU and the SAtk will give you an easier time when you attack with Ice Beam.

My only problem is your inability to take physical hits. This is easily remedied by running this Metagross:

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 16 Def / 8 SDef
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The idea is to switch it into Normal/Flying hits and other attacks that it resists. It can sponge them easily and can Rest off the damage. This set also lets you take status a bit more easily, which is very useful for this team.

You could also lead with Gengar, who happens to be a great lead because of its versatility.

"EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SAtk"

The +def nature isn't so necessary. Less HP and more SAtk. Also, 4 speed EV's can help against another blissey.
About the nature, Serene Grace is better IMO. As a wall, it'll find many things it can't kill but can stall. Freezing is the key to win.

WindScar, he is using Blissey as a wall which means that he will want it to be able to switch in and survive attacks. Putting in SAtk and Speed EVs will not make it better since it's not what Blissey is meant to do. Also, as a wall, it will want to be able to take status, which means that Natural Cure is a must. The only time you would ever consider Serene Grace is if you are trying to kill something or sweep, and in this case he is not doing that.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The problem is here I think is that your team is too offensive and fragile, while those that could take hits can't really do shit.

Yea, and in this case, having a mixed gar doesn't really help. Hypnosis / Destiny Bond, Ice PUnch, Giga Drain, Thunder is the way to go. You need something to be able to switch-in easily against Swampert, and Giga Drain makes it happen.

YOu could give Blissey some speed to outspeed some Boahs and paralyze before the sub up. You need atleast 157 to do this, but you should have 5 pts more than that just for safe measures.

Your team isn't bad, just has many vulnerable spots that needs special handling and prediction. You just have to think ahead and be aggressive, that's the style of this team imo. Blissey and Swampert is just a temporary relief from hard hits, Blissey being able to set your sweepers up with T-wave. THe rest is predicting switches to bring out your hard hitters or play with resistance to bring them in.

I sort of disagree at Blissey NEEDING 212 HP EVs.

With no HP/no SDef EVs, a Zapdos does 17-20% to Blissey; with 212 HP, it does 16-19%. A Snorlax Return does 39-46% to Blissey with max Defense and NO HP, whereas it does 36-42% to a Blissey with 212 HP/max Defense.

You see, the HP EVs on Blissey don't really matter that much. You can add Speed/SAtk EVs; they really help. Heck, I sometimes use as high as 236 SAtk on it. Outspeeding stuff is really cool too. I usually go with 130 Defense/~180 Speed/Rest in Special Attack (if I am using Ice Beam) or HP (as I don't have many choices, other than >200 speed)

Pillowrath, while your points are valid, I believe that sometimes, that one percent can make a difference between Blissey staying alive long enough to Softboil again and it fainting and making things more difficult than they were when Blissey was alive.

However, the speed and satk can be useful so it's really up to the user to choose how to distribute their EVs between HP, defense, satk, and speed.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
3% diff in damage is a huge deal, Polliwrath. HP evs is to optimize its defense against physical hits when it needs to take them for the team.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I, for one, prefer to stack the EVs leftover after maxing defense into special attack to boost its ice beam.

Hitting that Dugtrio hard is better than surviving its attacks. =p

Of course, Karrot, if you don't survive its attacks to hurt it then your point is kind of moot. Hence the usefulness of stacking HP EVs. Blissey needs a lot of Special Attack just to definitely KO a Dugtrio with 4 HP EVs and no SDef EVs. Otherwise, it's a definite 2HKO.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I forgot I run modest on those, which almost always OHKOs, so nevermind then. I'm just stating an opinion. =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)