ORAS Ubers RMT - 1600 peak

Lots of people like a team building process. Here's mine: steal other people's carefully built pokemon, use them, if it works, keep it, otherwise, throw it out and try something else. Somehow I ended up with this team at the rank above.

A bit more seriously: I started with Xernias/Arceus sweeper core, added in Groudon for para and rocks, Deoyxes for the great starting offensive he has, and played around with the other two slots for ages. Eventually settled on Lugia for one slot, and I'm still toying around with the last slot, which is currently Lucario.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

My lead. Slightly unexpected, usually able to take out a pokemon and a half. Record was going 4-0 with him before my opponent surrendered. Psycho Boost as an obligatory stab move, ice beam for amazing coverage. Since the downside is having a large drop in SA, we move into physical moves, starting with superpower. Extreme speed to get that bit of priority after the sash has been popped against faster pokemon.

Weak to scolipede and Khangeskhan. The fast double-hit is brutal, along with rocks.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Next out comes Groudon. If you can get rocks off, you can probably get a thunder wave and rocks off, so I usually went in that order. Rocks are really, really, really damn important for this team, as a lot of the sweeps depend on having rocks down. If I get rocks down, Groudon's health, and there's opposing sweepers, I'll usually switch out to Lugia, since Groudon is one of the only pokemon on the team that can check the common sweepers by taking a hit, then using T-wave.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Thunder Wave
- Aeroblast

This team started out as HO, but I was missing Lugia too much. The only pokemon that's my own design, the great wall Lugia. Paralyze opposing pokemon, then whirlwind them through rocks. Paralyze>toxic since if I'm trying to sweep, the paralyze chance + the speed reduction is much more useful than a bit of extra damage.

Funnily, some teams (notably without defog or spin) just can't handle the paralyze-whirlwind combo, or can't deal enough damage to get through lugia, and so she just wins some matches on her own. Carry toxic somewhere!

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

See Xerneas.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Focus Blast

Everything before is to setup for the best setup sweepers in the format, Arceus and Xernias. I tried a silk scarf for awhile on Arceus, but being able to dodge most crippling abilities in the turn I'm setting up, then sweeping is invaluable. A few points more in speed than normal to be able to outspeed mirrors. The sets are pretty standard - Swords dance for being swords dance, extreme speed for STAB, earthquake for steel and Groudons, and shadow claw for any ghosts that would otherwise be immune. X has the standard Herb-Geo-Moon, HP for Groudon, and focus blast for coverage against levitate-steel types. There's probably a better move here (Flash cannon?), but this has been working (except when it whiffs....)

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

I keep changing this slot around, and I'm still not satisfied. Stall's somewhat of a problem (although blessedly rare in the format), so I picked a pokemon that can check Xerneas and Arceus, along with being able to perform a full sweep himself. Standard set.

Feedback would be great, I got this far on blind luck, and would like some help getting further.

Solid team, however you could optimize some sets and EV spreads further. Replacing Ice Beam with Knock Off is preferred on sash sets, since non-LO Ice Beam does nothing to most walls regardless and Knock Off can at least remove a Pokemon's item, such as Lugia/Latios, which harms them in the long term a lot more than Ice Beam. However, I actually prefer Life Orb on this team, given you have no hazard control so 9 times out of 10 when Deo comes in it'll be taking hazard damage regardless.

Don't see why Groudon is running 4 Speed EVs, most fully spdef variants even hit 219, so only 4 EVs isn't creeping anything. Either run more speed, which I don't think is necessary since you have nothing to hit Ho-Oh anyway and opposing Groudon aren't that big of problems, or put the EVs somewhere else like spdef or HP. Precipice Blades should replace Earthquake as well since it achieves 2HKOs such as Xerneas and Kyogre that Earthquake sometimes fails to do.

I get you need Lugia to check Mega Salamence and ekiller, along with other SD Arceus variants, but it simply cannot function without reliable hazard control support. You could replace Mega Lucario with Mega Gengar, which has a better matchup against offensive Arceus formes and still deals with stall well. Then you'd need a ground immunity, so replacing Lugia with Yveltal is an option, which still counters non-Double Edge Mega Salamence. It still has a weakness to SR which limits its ability to switch into hard hitting physical attackers, although not to the same extent as SR affects Lugia. Another option you could try is to use Mega Diancie, which like Mega Gengar has a good matchup against stall and also makes your opponent think twice before clicking SR. Going off of this if you don't end up using Mega Diancie you'll want to replace HP Ground on Xerneas with HP Rock or Focus Blast with Thunder so you can actually have a chance to OHKO Ho-Oh, which is currently a massive problem to your team.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam/Knock Off
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]/Thunder
- Focus Blast

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

there are alot of options for Gengar from perish trap, 3 attacks+destiny bond, all out attacker, just depends on what works best for your team. I would start with hex but if Arceus-Ground becomes too much of a problem perish trap+destiny bond also works

Yveltal @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet/Charti Berry/Dread Plate
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt/Toxic

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

gl with the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)