Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 204 Spd / 76 SAtk / 56 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

HP Grass over Substitute because Swampert was just causing me way too much trouble. If I'm up against an Ice Beamer and I pass to lax after a couple of Agilities it's mostly gg.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Shadow Ball

The preferable recipient of Agility. I try not to bring it out without being passed something from dos.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 112 Def / 16 Spd
- Body Slam
- Doom Desire
- Protect
- Wish

Don't see this used much. Speaks for itself basically.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Can win me the game if I'm in a pinch and Swampert is taken care of. Biggest danger in standard imo.

Medicham (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Shadow Ball

Packs a fuck of a punch, but he's hard to bring in.

Rhydon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Lightning Rod
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Def
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Packs a fuck of a punch and he's easy to bring in.

My biggest problem seems to be Hypnosis Gengar and Swampert, despite my sacrifice on Zapdos. Help is appreciated.

Well first of all this team is way too oriented on sweepig imo. With your current sets the only pokemon on your team whom I can actually call a real tank is Jira.

On Agilipass Zappy I like max HP, Timid with enough Spd to reach ~300-310, and the rest in Sp Atk.

K, afaik the team is centered on BDlax, so I won't suggest to ditch him, but I would put max HP, (+sdef -sp atk) nature, just enough spd to reach 198 spd stat (or as close to it as possible), and the rest in Atk.

I like the CM version of Jira better, but w/e.

DDtar likes Taunt imo.

Skarm kinda messes up your strat, so Maggy over Cham imo. (a bulky set/spread is recommended)

I would ditch Rhydon for a bulky water like Pert, to cover some weaks.

Hypno gar is beaten by restalk maggy, if you're willing to try it out. If not, Jira sould do well if you use a different version.

Usually proper switching in/out skills with zap/lax/jira is enough to scare away swampert, but you may have a little harder time with your current sets/spreads.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I usually put just enough Speed into Agility Zapdos to get 244 before Agility, which is just a few EVs, so you are faster than Jolly Tyranitar before, and everything after. My theory is that Agility will let you be faster, might as well pump HP and SAtk.

K, afaik the team is centered on BDlax, so I won't suggest to ditch him, but I would put max HP, (+sdef -sp atk) nature, just enough spd to reach 198 spd stat (or as close to it as possible), and the rest in Atk.
._. with a careful nature you need about 400 EVs to get to 198 with snorlax

Well first of all this team is way too oriented on sweepig imo. With your current sets the only pokemon on your team whom I can actually call a real tank is Jira.
Zappy, Tar and Rhydon qualify as tanks imo, seeing as how easy they are to switch in.

On Agilipass Zappy I like max HP, Timid with enough Spd to reach ~300-310, and the rest in Sp Atk.
I think I'll take that other guys idea of 244 Spd, since I prefer a more durable Zappy.

It takes special hits well enough as it is, and it needs all that Spd and Atk to actually make any sort of impact.

DDtar likes Taunt imo.
super doesn't ;[

Skarm kinda messes up your strat, so Maggy over Cham imo. (a bulky set/spread is recommended)

I would ditch Rhydon for a bulky water like Pert, to cover some weaks.

Hypno gar is beaten by restalk maggy, if you're willing to try it out. If not, Jira sould do well if you use a different version.

Usually proper switching in/out skills with zap/lax/jira is enough to scare away swampert, but you may have a little harder time with your current sets/spreads.
I'll take all that into consideration but I'd rather eat out an elephant than ditch Rhydon. Thanks.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Isn't Tyranitar and Rhydon on the same team a bit repetitive? Go with Swampert over Tyranitar if you don't want to replace Rhydon.

._. with a careful nature you need about 400 EVs to get to 198 with snorlax
Notice how I said "or as close to it as possible"? K learn to read whole posts first plox.

And super Zappy can be a tank, (with RT version), but not with your current set. Also Rhydon/Tar aren't really tanks imo. Well, you could make a case about Rhydon, but Tar shouldn't be used to soak up hits. Also going by your logic, I guess Gengar would be a tank, huh?

not all offensive pokes who have resistences and defense are tanks. rhydon is so predicatbly switched in, and weak to special moves, hes hardly a 'tank' imo.

-as said above, tar+rhydom seems redundant since they're doing exactly the same thing, eg rock move+eq, swampert would be reeeally nice, since dd mence it going to have a field day at turn 20.
-but that seems to be the nature of the team? do a load of damage, enough to be fatal? since the team wont hold up well in the long run, and proper use of skarm / mence / defensive pokes will run you around.
-dugtrio weakness, has super effective move vs 4 of your pokes, and snorlax wont like him when he drums if he hasnt got any speed...

-to cover the biggest number of problems, i think a sleep talking swampert would do wonders for the team.. absorbs gengars hypnosis, counters mence and counters tyranitar..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)